Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,249 members, 7,910,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:23 AM

P-square Breaks Up Again: The Sequel Nobody Asked For - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-square Breaks Up Again: The Sequel Nobody Asked For (125 Views)

‘nigerians Have Improved, Nobody Asked Me Money For Eid’ – Hushpuppi / Rubeboy P Square Breaks The Heart Of His Fans ''if You Earn Salary, U Can Never / When I Was Broke Nobody Asked Me For Giveaway, Bobrisky Shares Throwback Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

P-square Breaks Up Again: The Sequel Nobody Asked For by Fishgamer: 7:51pm On Aug 02
P-Square Breaks Up Again: The Sequel Nobody Asked For!

More than two years after their highly-publicized reunion, Nigerian singing twin sensation Peter and Paul Okoye, known as P-Square, have split again. The twin brothers, who started their musical career in 1999 and dominated the African music industry for over a decade, first separated in 2017. They patched things up in 2021 after a four-year rift filled with public controversies that alienated colleagues and fans.

During their separation, Paul, who went by the name Rudeboy, released songs like "Fire Fire" and "Nkenji Keke," while Peter, known as Mr P, released tracks such as "For My Head" and "Cool It Down." Their reunion in November 2021 saw them perform together at a show in the Sierra Leone National Stadium, sparking hope for a new chapter.

However, in a recent development, Paul announced during an interview with City FM that P-Square no longer exists. He explained that internal issues, particularly involving their elder brother and former manager Jude Okoye, led to the split. Paul revealed, "No, P-Square is no more... As it is for me now, I’m just focused on Rudeboy." He emphasized the critical element causing the problems was the influence of people who weren't originally part of their success.

Paul disclosed that their issues started in 2014 with the release of "Ejeajo" featuring American rapper T.I. Public misconceptions about who primarily sings their songs contributed to their initial separation and affected their collaboration. He noted, "Before we collaborated with T.I., there was debate among our fans that I was the songwriter with the sweet voice while Peter was the dancer."

Despite their reconciliation in 2021, old issues resurfaced. Paul had suggested sharing their creative work equally to maintain their signature sound. However, Peter's decision to quit the group led to the current split. Paul lamented that fans frequently asked about P-Square whenever he released solo songs, indicating their longing for the duo's music.

Adding to the controversy, Paul accused Peter of involving the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in their dispute, alleging financial misconduct. Despite being cleared by the EFCC, Paul expressed disappointment that Peter had not apologized for the false accusations. He urged people to avoid addressing issues with anger, as it does not solve problems.

As of now, Peter has not responded to his twin brother's claims. The future of P-Square remains uncertain, with fans left wondering if the iconic duo will ever reconcile again.

Source: https://kinggram.org/go/celebrities/p-square-breaks-up-again-the-sequel-nobody-asked-for/

(1) (Reply)

Experts Rue Poor Implementation Of ECOWAS Policy By Member-states / Vacancy / UPCOMING ARTIST! Promote Your Music For Free Now!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.