Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,079 members, 7,946,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? (699 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Domainer1999: 11:10am On Aug 03
Hi Familylanders, how has this current tough economic situations affected your marriage?

For those already in it, has it cause turmoil between you and your partners?
And those that entered it not long, does this current situations make you regret taking such decision.

Had love been lost between aged long partners?For the bachelors/spinsters, are you grateful been single this moment?

Share your experiences? 🎤

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by chatinent: 11:13am On Aug 03
The turmoil is practically more resident with people who aren't married but planning to.

You go spend, you go tire.

I go lie for you?

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by madridguy(m): 11:17am On Aug 03
shocked
Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by TheKINGofKings: 11:24am On Aug 03
To get married you need Atleast two jobs and your wife must also have a job or thriving business. If not sapa will turn you to a low key begger and your wiffe will be collecting doggie from her several boyfriend for money.

Government no send una papa. The system doesn't want you to be rich and comfortable. The system knows if you become rich and comfortable, you will want to challenge their existence cheesy

All that aside, women are wired to think there is a rich man out there that is going to come and beg them to marry him (even the ugly and average ones grin ). It's all government social-wiring. Not knowing government has use sapa tie men down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Hotspurs: 12:10pm On Aug 03
dont be insensitive by saying a poor guys wife would be collecting dogggy around,there are married struugling peeps here and such comment could trigger,insecurity,rift or divorce
TheKINGofKings:
To get married you need Atleast two jobs and your wife must also have a job or thriving business. If not sapa will turn you to a low key begger and your wiffe will be collecting doggie from her several boyfriend for money.

Government no send una papa. The system doesn't want you to be rich and comfortable. The system knows if you become reach and comfortable, you will want to challenge their existence cheesy

All that aside, women are wired to think there is a rich man out there that is going to come and beg them to marry him (even the ugly and average ones grin ). It's all government social-wiring. Not know government has use sapa tie men down.

5 Likes

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Cunninglove: 12:52pm On Aug 03
Domainer1999:
Hi Familylanders, how has this current tough economic situations affected your marriage?

And those that entered it not long, does this current situations make you regret taking such decision.

Had love been lost between aged long partners?For the bachelors/spinsters, are you grateful been single this moment?

Share your experiences?

A lot of them are Menopaused Ridden already and the figure will increase astronomically in the nearest future. So don't stress yourself.

On the other hand their men are Polithiefcians, Fraudsters, and all sort of Vices.

As a Bachelor, I am forever grateful because it gives me joy everyday knowing i didn't bring kids into a country like Nigeria.

Marriage is dead in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Cunninglove: 12:57pm On Aug 03
TheKINGofKings:

Government no send una papa. The system doesn't want you to be rich and comfortable. The system knows if you become reach and comfortable, you will want to challenge their existence cheesy

All that aside, women are wired to think there is a rich man out there that is going to come and beg them to marry him (even the ugly and average ones grin ). It's all government social-wiring. Not know government has use sapa tie men down.

Correct Street OG.
Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03
lipsrsealed
A married man who boarded my keke yesterday was telling me that had it been he wasn't married with 3 kids already,that he'd had ran away due to the economy shege he's been facing...But the fact that he has already got 3 kids and he can't japa and leave the whole load for his wife alone is the reason he's still where he is right now cheesy

Omoh,the truth is that marriage is so overrated....I stand not to be pressured by anybody to go into it without being ready on my own........

"Wedding na for one day,but marriage na forever" cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by TheKINGofKings: 4:16pm On Aug 03
Hotspurs:
dont be insensitive by saying a poor guys wife would be collecting dogggy around,there are married struugling peeps here and such comment could trigger,insecurity,rift or divorce

Insensitive for telling the truth as it is? If you are not comfortable with it, that means my post sparked some guilt in you

4 Likes

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Hotspurs: 4:17pm On Aug 03
TheKINGofKings:

Ino for real, that shouldnt ne coming from younsensitive for telling the truth as it is? If you are not comfortable with it, that means my post sparked some guilt in you
Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Hotspurs: 4:18pm On Aug 03
be real, fore real, you only tryna mokck married peeps
TheKINGofKings:

Insensitive for telling the truth as it is? If you are not comfortable with it, that means my post sparked some guilt in you

1 Like

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Babamide(m): 4:26pm On Aug 03
I really feel the economy is easier for married people with feeding and accommodation especially when you are a team. Good women know how to manage the home and where to cut cost. It might be tough for them with school fees and children care.
Imagine a single person, being outside and eating out is so expensive. Even for house, if hunger never catch me, I no dey cook. You would calculate whether it is cheaper to buy fuel or take public transport. In my compound, na only the married people still dey on gen. Dstv subscription, gone. If I dey house like this, na just me and my phone. I dey drink data to keep body and soul together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Juliearth(f): 9:30am On Aug 04
Domainer1999:

The economic crunch is crunching hard, reducing the chances of marriage among intending couples. Realistically speaking, if a couple must get married in this economy, especially if they are looking to cut cost, then alot of practices have to be jettisoned. What is important is not the wedding ceremony but the blessings from the pastor/imam. Thus. Throwing an elaborate ceremony should be delisted. The white wedding is not even our culture to start with. So why spend so much on that. Perform all traditional rites with members of both families present, have a pastor bless the couple afterwards, exchange marital vows and it is a sealed deal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Domainer1999: 12:25pm On Aug 04
Nifpmod, you no go push this topic go front page?
If Na portable/Saida Boj topic now, you don launch am. shocked
Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Domainer1999: 8:14pm On Aug 05
Mods ooo
cc nifpmod
Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Talismann: 8:26pm On Aug 05
Juliearth:

The economic crunch is crunching hard, reducing the chances of marriage among intending couples. Realistically speaking, if a couple must get married in this economy, especially if they are looking to cut cost, then alot of practices have to be jettisoned. What is important is not the wedding ceremony but the blessings from the pastor/imam. Thus. Throwing an elaborate ceremony should be delisted. The white wedding is not even our culture to start with. So why spend so much on that. Perform all traditional rites with members of both families present, have a pastor bless the couple afterwards, exchange marital vows and it is a sealed deal.

when you finish all that, when you get children no buy pampers, use banana leaves, don't buy formula, give them garri, don't buy baby clothes, tie them wrapper, don't rent a bigger house, stay for self con with all the children, finally no take Dem go school, teach them your self for inside house.

You can't escape, the only way is to double or triple your hustle. As the naira loses value, you just gotta make more of it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Juliearth(f): 1:09am On Aug 06
Talismann:

when you finish all that, when you get children no buy pampers, use banana leaves, don't buy formula, give them garri, don't buy baby clothes, tie them wrapper, don't rent a bigger house, stay for self con with all the children, finally no take Dem go school, teach them your self for inside house.

You can't escape, the only way is to double or triple your hustle. As the naira loses value, you just gotta make more of it

I don't know how best to reply you. If you were thinking, you would have noticed I focused solely on the marriage ceremony solely. Instead of dropping all these innuendos, you simply should have asked me how couples can navigate life after the ceremony. Drink some water and stop sounding aggressive.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by damzy88: 2:22am On Aug 06
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
A married man who boarded my keke yesterday was telling me that had it been he wasn't married with 3 kids already,that he'd had ran away due to the economy shege he's been facing...But the fact that he has already got 3 kids and he can't japa and leave the whole load for his wife alone is the reason he's still where he is right now cheesy

Omoh,the truth is that marriage is so overrated....I stand not to be pressured by anybody to go into it without being ready on my own........

cheesy cheesy
Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Talismann: 5:37am On Aug 06
Juliearth:

I don't know how best to reply you. If you were thinking, you would have noticed I focused solely on the marriage ceremony solely. Instead of dropping all these innuendos, you simply should have asked me how couples can navigate life after the ceremony. Drink some water and stop sounding aggressive.

oluku, that's why I replied you with all these inescapable scenarios because as you think say you get sense for your skull and wan escape with cheap wedding, then let's see how you escape at the other milestones.

Try they think, there was even sarcasm in my response. I crowned it all by saying double your hustle.

Bless your sad soul if you decide to settle down on a meager salary/ income, no amount of austerity measures can save you. Imagine birthing kids and explaining SAPA to them. Wo, use your head.

The point here is self improvement, multiple streams of income, making more money before you say "I DO" come enter marriage dey see excess shege pro max banza kawaii; not this pointless poverty mentality wey wan kpai you.

Na your type dey use cabin biscuit for wedding because na you wise pass

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Talismann: 5:53am On Aug 06
Juliearth:

I know your type. These days you ladies think say una wise. Many of you now advocate for a very cheap wedding ceremony but it's a trap.

They just wanna get in there. So imagine them give me wife for free and I no come do wedding ceremony, wetin go happen down the line when the reality of marriage/family needing constant, consistent, sufficient cash flow begins to play out in the face of this tinubulation and SAPA regime.

Women of all races love financial stability. They are like kids, you just need to have it to give them and constantly too. You Can't fault them for that, and you can't change that. they can only pretend to be understanding in the face of SAPA for a while, but after that you will see terrible things as a MAN.

when the kids start coming, that will be even worse.

I can't imagine myself being in a situation where I have to explain to my kids and wife why we have to trek 2 kilometers to the house from a Sunday church service under the scorching sun because I don't have a car and cannot even afford a taxi back home.

In your "smartness" you captured the entirety of marriage in only the ceremony or wedding arrangements but you failed to realize that marriage is a journey on its own,it's for life and if you are joking or unprepared towards it,you will cry especially the Men.

You probably think cutting corners in wedding preparations or "doing-it-lowkey" is the remedy to the biting inevitable hardship that will be faced by intending couples who fail to plan well financially.

Financial problems is the number two reason for divorce in marriages globally today according to statistics.

Bro, If you ain't ready FINANCIALLY as a man to get married , Don't even try it. You will get frustrated very soon and have BP and by then, that el cheapo wedding wey you use arrange that your wife will not count and she will turn against you. Don't play or you gon learn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Manculated: 12:32pm On Aug 06
Domainer1999:

Most of them (Poor & Average) are in HELL FIRE alreadygrin
Re: How Has The Economy Affected Marriage? by Sapasenator: 5:35pm On Aug 06
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Wrong, marriage is not always "forever"

(1) (Reply)

Compatibility In Marriage / Say No To Phcn Blackout With Inverters And Solar Energy / Can You Exchange Your Phone With Your Mate, For A Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.