Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,776 members, 7,945,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 (34464 Views)

Hunger Protest Loses Steam As DSS Grills Seven Foreigners / Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue / Hunger Protest Begins In Niger State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:23pm On Aug 03
As part of measures to contain the protest, authorities of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) had obtained a court order which restricted the protesters to MKO Abiola National Stadium.Conveners of the protest had demanded to use Eagle Square for convergence but they were denied access.

However, on day one of the protest, they headed for Eagle Square where the police dispersed them with teargas after hours of resistance.

Security forces also had tough time controlling different groups which blocked roads and lit bonfire across Abuja while the protest held peacefully at the stadium.

As against the situation on the first two days of the protest, not a single protester was sighted at the Abuja Stadium when Daily Trust visited on Saturday morning.

Policemen and journalists at the stadium just stood around observing the situation.

“Them don go do weekend,” said a policeman who mocked the protesters while chatting with his colleagues.

When our reporter contacted one of the organisers of the protest in Abuja, he said they were at Berger Roundabout, but not a single protester was sighted there.

Our reporter got back to him after checking Berger Roundabout and this time around, he said they were having a strategic meeting inside the stadium.

Just at the time of going to press, some supporters of the protest posted a video where about 25 people were seen dancing in a group.

“Day 3 Protest in Abuja, Protesters are already gathering in their numbers!” an X user who tweeted via @DAMADENUGA captioned the post.

It is unclear when the one minute, twenty-five seconds video, which captured Deji Adeyanju, one of the lead organisers, was recorded, as our reporter took photographs and videos of the current situation at the stadium.

Source: https://dailytrust.com/breaking-hunger-protest-loses-momentum-as-protesters-shun-abuja-venue-on-day-3/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by SisterJolade(f): 3:24pm On Aug 03
The message has been passed. That's the most important thing.

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Obiedun(m): 3:25pm On Aug 03
They are tired . Kikikikikikikiki!

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03
The group Sowore created for the protesters don dey lament since morning lol 😂

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by helinues: 3:26pm On Aug 03
grin cheesy

Meanwhile, Sowore is in far away USA but inciting others to go on protest without even arrange something for them.

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by UnfairLife7(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03
Your power is nothing if your people cannot afford quality education
Your power is nothing if your people dying of disease and starvation
Your power is nothing if your people cannot feed
Your power is nothing if your people have no peace
Why you keep on deceiving the people my brother my sister

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03
UnfairLife7:
Your power is nothing if your people cannot afford quality education
Your power is nothing if your people dying of disease and starvation
Your power is nothing if your people cannot feed
Your power is nothing if your people have no peace
Why you keep on deceiving the people my brother my sister

So protest will make them afford all you said?

Below is 1983 when they still sell bag of beans for N200, yet millions of Nigerians are crying for hunger then.

But you expect protest from some insurrectionists to suddenly make all of you afford a bag of beans. You never talk the motive of your protest.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by SisterJolade(f): 3:27pm On Aug 03
helinues:
grin cheesy
Still loitering around?

15 Likes

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Okoroawusa: 3:28pm On Aug 03
SisterJolade:
You don't want to overthrow Tinubu again?

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by helinues: 3:28pm On Aug 03
SisterJolade:
Still loitering around?

Stop sounding stupid on this forum.

Yes stop sounding stupid. Sebi mods have been allowing you to be attacking us for 3 days now without doing anything about the reporting.

Let's see if they would remember the forum rules with this my comments.

Nansense

https://www.nairaland.com/sisterjolade/posts

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03
SisterJolade:

Which message was passed?

Now protest in Nigeria is synonymous to looting. You guys have rubbished the meaning and essence of protest.

This protest achieved nothing more than what can be achieved by dialogue.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Melagros(m): 3:30pm On Aug 03
COMRADES, this is a stale news, when you restrict peaceful protesters in one place, then you not democratic in nature

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:31pm On Aug 03
Melagros:
COMRADES, this is a stale news, when you restrict peaceful protesters in one place, then you not democratic in nature

So you should leave protesters to block major road and do anywhere they want because other people don’t have right too?

Can you open your compound for us to come and do protest there? Since it’s a democracy and we have right to protest anywhere.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Melagros(m): 3:39pm On Aug 03
LegendHero:

So you should leave protesters to block major road and do anywhere they want because other people don’t have right too?

Can you open your compound for us to come and do protest there? Since it’s a democracy and we have right to protest anywhere.
Is my house/compound an institution? The protest is against the institution or the state

The essence of blocking the road is to cause pains on the road users in retaliation to the pains that the state had caused to the nation, that will make the state to listen to the protesters quickly

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by UnfairLife7(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03
LegendHero:

So protest will make them afford all you said?

Below is 1983 when they still sell bag of beans for N200, yet millions of Nigerians are crying for hunger then.

But you expect protest from some insurrectionists to suddenly make all of you afford a bag of beans. You never talk the motive of your protest.

Keep fooling yourself because of crumbs or tribalism. I am from Osun state but based in Lagos. My father is in his 60s and he said this is the most difficult period for Nigerians. If ordinary garri and beans can be a luxury. It is finish.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by princepeter566: 3:43pm On Aug 03
Also tell us about Borno and kaduna state.
Bias media

14 Likes

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03
UnfairLife7:

Keep fooling yourself because of crumbs or tribalism. I am from Osun state but based in Lagos. My father is in his 60s and he said this is the most difficult period for Nigerians. If ordinary garri and beans can be a luxury. It is finish.

So does your elder also tell you Tinubu is the cause of your misfortune?

Coz I don’t know how what you said negate what I said.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:54pm On Aug 03
Melagros:

Is my house/compound an institution? The protest is against the institution or the state

The essence of blocking the road is to cause pains on the road users in retaliation to the pains that the state had caused to the nation, that will make the state to listen to the protesters quickly

The state own your land. Your land is a property of the state.

So protesters can use your property to get back at the government too.

Imagine protesters demolishing 1000 houses, don’t you think that will pain the government too?

Give us your address, I will forward it to Sowore for Monday protest.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Raskimonojendor: 3:55pm On Aug 03
I love Wike. He should come and teach the weakling we have in Lagos a lesson about governance. I miss Fashola in times like this grin

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by criminalmindz: 3:57pm On Aug 03
T
Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03
Raskimonojendor:
I love Wike. He should come and teach the weakling we have in Lagos a lesson about governance. I miss Fashola in times like this grin

If Wike contest for Lagos governor, I will support him with everything I have.

I like that man. Sanwoolu is a sissyy, people like that will cause harm to the Yoruba on the long run.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by MasterJayJay: 4:06pm On Aug 03
From 'There won't be protest in SW' to 'Day 3, protest losing momentum'.

Una go open mouth WAAA!

It is now on record that protest happened.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by trutharena: 4:13pm On Aug 03
Looks like the so-called hunger protesters are realizing that their empty stomachs can’t compete with their empty heads. It's about time they accept that no one is interested in their drama.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Chinkoalhaji34: 4:13pm On Aug 03
Na so e be.

When dem no see food, dem go just dey talk anyhow.

This hunger protest na just noise, no real commitment.

If na real wahala, everybody suppose dey on ground.

Make we no deceive ourselves, we no fit carry our stomach enter protest.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by pointblank247(m): 4:17pm On Aug 03
LegendHero:

Which message was passed?

Now protest in Nigeria is synonymous to looting. You guys have rubbished the meaning and essence of protest.

This protest achieved nothing more than what can be achieved by dialogue.
protest in Nigeria includes looting because our politicians are the biggest looters

2 Likes

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by LegendHero(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03
pointblank247:
protest in Nigeria includes looting because our politicians are the biggest looters

Because Nigerians are generally looters including both politician and common man.

If you doubt me, drop your phone and see if the person that pick it will give you back.

16 Likes

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Kaiser20: 4:23pm On Aug 03
The Poster claimed that the Protest was losing momentum.
It is either He is deluded or Blind to See.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Seunex2(m): 4:23pm On Aug 03
Remain 7 days ooh, aah aah dem don tire on third day

9 Likes

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by Dpharisee: 4:37pm On Aug 03
No Igbos to lead the charge this time grin

2 Likes

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by UnfairLife7(m): 4:50pm On Aug 03
LegendHero:

So does your elder also tell you Tinubu is the cause of your misfortune?

Coz I don’t know how what you said negate what I said.
is your father the cause then? Is your father the president? Is your father responsible for all the anti people policy?

Since 1960 e go better, e go better. When exactly will it get better? Is it not high time we go our separate ways?

13 Likes

Re: Hunger Protest Loses Momentum As Protesters Shun Abuja Venue On Day 3 by TimeManager(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03
Take away the craze to loot and destroy properties from them, their protest becomes meaningless, empty and flop.

-Kiss the truth!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu Rejects Edo Election Result — Before It Is Announced / Security Intervenes As Fan Rushes At Atiku In Gombe (Video) / Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.