Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,807 members, 7,938,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Can Women Really Multitask? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Women Really Multitask? (197 Views)

Can Women Get Pregnant From Anal Sex? / 7 Sex Positions Women Really Want / Can Women Be Funny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Women Really Multitask? by FRANCISTOWN: 9:05pm On Aug 03
The human brain can be likened to a computer processor in terms of command/information execution.

How does a computer processor work?
The computer processor can not do more than one task at a time. The processor only gives the illusion of multitasking. What the processor does is context switching. It switches between queues of ready jobs very quickly depending on the type of scheduling.
What is scheduling?
Scheduling is simply telling the processor how to allocate it's resources to perform ready task.
There are 3 types of scheduling, preemptive, cooperative and non-preemptive . But I'll only talk about two. This is not the standard definition, but it is easily comprehensible.

Preemptive. A task on the processor can be interrupted even when it hasn't completed it's cycle.
Non-preemptive. A task must complete it's cycle before interruption.

Now there are types of OS but I'll still talk about two, since the humans have just a brain.
A single tasking OS and a multitasking OS.

A single tasking OS performs just a task at a time while the multitasking system performs many tasks at a time.
Now, most multitasking OS use cooperative and preemptive scheduling while most single tasking use non-preemptive.

I learnt that in Operating System 1 and software development in my 300levels

I don't know how people came up with this unfounded theory that women can easily multitask. It's even more shocking how some "educated" people believe that hogwash. It's impossible for a human being to multitask. The only thing a human being can do is to task-switch i.e, to quickly switch jobs within a very short time just the way a processor does context-switching.

A woman who is washing, cooking, talking to friends and seeing movies concurrently is not multitasking , she is only task-switching.

There is really no much difference between a man and a woman's brain. But we engage our brain differently. Men engage a kind of non-preemptive single tasking method while women engage a multitasking preemptive method. Mind you the multitasking is a taskswitching in disguise.

Men focus on one thing at a time, a man can also do the laundry and cook at the same time, but a man would rather do one before the other, while a woman can do that most concurrently like she's licking a lollypop. This means, women taskswitch often than men. Most men will reduce the TV volume to answer a call while women can watch their TV and talk to friends taskswitchingly only missing few details.
It affects thinking as well. Women can think about several things taskswitchingly.

She's thinking about jide, she's not done with that, next moment she's thinking about Saheed not done with that she's thinking about her friend, not done still she's thinking about what to eat tonight, then she goes back to jide. And now she's thinking about the clothes she saw 3weeks ago.

Women think a lot, without really thinking a lot. Because they love to taskswitch, they are distracted alot(preemptive scheduling). But on the other hand. Men are mono taskers, men prefer to focus on a task and see it to the end before he embarks on another task (non-preemptive).

Some of the advantages of women taskswitching are that.
1. They produce a fast result.
2. Therefore they save time.
3. They handle more task.
4. Time management.

Now one of the disadvantages of this taskswitching is starvation. This is when a task cannot get a processor resources for execution.
Because women taskswitch a lot. Some tasks don't get enough attention and they end up failing. Sometimes, they may burn the food, say somethings without having careful thoughts about them, take rash decisions. This is why many of them are called "Fish brains"

A woman can meet a man today and decide whether she'll marry him or not that same today. She'll just think about him and in 5secs she's thinking about another thing.

A man on the other hand doesn't think about many things concurrently. A man can use one week to think and ponder about something. A man can use one year, 3 years and several years to ponder on something until he has a way out on it. Men often don't stop doing or thinking until there is a desired result. Because they don't think deep, they don't think well.

Have you noticed that after a breakup. The man in love would prolly be heartbroken for a very long time than a woman who was in love. Some men remain heartbroken for 5years while some women move to the next available customer barely after 3week.

Some of the benefits of single tasking include:
1. Minimized cognitive effort.
2. Improved focus.
3. Getting into a flow state more easily.
4. Less stress while keeping productivity high.
5. Blocks out distractions.
6. Promotes self discipline.

Psychologically, taskswitching is not good for the brain as it reduces productivity.

This is why men have achieved greater things in every sphere of life due to single tasking (Focus and deep thinking).
Okay! Multitasking is a myth created and acknowledged by bunch of uneducated literates. No human brain is really capable of multitasking.
Women act most of the times without thinking about the consequences of their actions but men do have a thorough thought before action. Men are better deep and conceptual thinkers while women are better at fast thinking. Whereas fast thinking are not always the right thinking.

Do you have any question?

1 Like

Re: Can Women Really Multitask? by EreluRoz: 9:06pm On Aug 03
Mtcheww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Women Really Multitask? by MrCork: 9:06pm On Aug 03
FRANCISTOWN:
The human brain can be likened to a computer processor in terms of command/information execution.

How does a computer processor work?
The computer processor can not do more than one task at a time. The processor only gives the illusion of multitasking. What the processor does is context switching. It switches between queues of ready jobs very quickly depending on the type of scheduling.
What is scheduling?
Scheduling is simply telling the processor how to allocate it's resources to perform ready task.
There are 3 types of scheduling, preemptive, cooperative and non-preemptive . But I'll only talk about two. This is not the standard definition, but it is easily comprehensible.

Preemptive. A task on the processor can be interrupted even when it hasn't completed it's cycle.
Non-preemptive. A task must complete it's cycle before interruption.

Now there are types of OS but I'll still talk about two, since the humans have just a brain.
A single tasking OS and a multitasking OS.

A single tasking OS performs just a task at a time while the multitasking system performs many tasks at a time.
Now, most multitasking OS use cooperative and preemptive scheduling while most single tasking use non-preemptive.

I don't know how people came up with this unfounded theory that women can easily multitask. It's even more shocking how some "educated" people believe that hogwash. It's impossible for a human being to multitask. The only thing a human being can do is to task-switch i.e, to quickly switch jobs within a very short time just the way a processor does context-switching.

A woman who is washing, cooking, talking to friends and seeing movies concurrently is not multitasking , she is only task-switching.

There is really no much difference between a man and a woman's brain. But we engage our brain differently. Men engage a kind of non-preemptive single tasking method while women engage a multitasking preemptive method. Mind you the multitasking is a taskswitching in disguise.

Men focus on one thing at a time, a man can also do the laundry and cook at the same time, but a man would rather do one before the other, while a woman can do that most concurrently like she's licking a lollypop. This means, women taskswitch often than men. Most men will reduce the TV volume to answer a call while women can watch their TV and talk to friends taskswitchingly only missing few details.
It affects thinking as well. Women can think about several things taskswitchingly.

She's thinking about jide, she's not done with that, next moment she's thinking about Saheed not done with that she's thinking about her friend, not done still she's thinking about what to eat tonight, then she goes back to jide. And now she's thinking about the clothes she saw 3weeks ago.

Women think a lot, without really thinking a lot. Because they love to taskswitch, they are distracted alot(preemptive scheduling). But on the other hand. Men are mono taskers, men prefer to focus on a task and see it to the end before he embarks on another task (non-preemptive).

Some of the advantages of women taskswitching are that.
1. They produce a fast result.
2. Therefore they save time.
3. They handle more task.
4. Time management.

Now one of the disadvantages of this taskswitching is starvation. This is when a task cannot get a processor resources for execution.
Because women taskswitch a lot. Some tasks don't get enough attention and they end up failing. Sometimes, they may burn the food, say somethings without having careful thoughts about them, take rash decisions. This is why many of them are called "Fish brains"

A woman can meet a man today and decide whether she'll marry him or not that same today. She'll just think about him and in 5secs she's thinking about another thing.

A man on the other hand doesn't think about many things concurrently. A man can use one week to think and ponder about something. A man can use one year, 3 years and several years to ponder on something until he has a way out on it. Men often don't stop doing or thinking until there is a desired result. Because they don't think deep, they don't think well.

Have you noticed that after a breakup. The man in love would prolly be heartbroken for a very long time than a woman who was in love. Some men remain heartbroken for 5years while some women move to the next available customer barely after 3week.

Some of the benefits of single tasking include:
1. Minimized cognitive effort.
2. Improved focus.
3. Getting into a flow state more easily.
4. Less stress while keeping productivity high.
5. Blocks out distractions.
6. Promotes self discipline.

Psychologically, taskswitching is not good for the brain as it reduces productivity.

This is why men have achieved greater things in every sphere of life due to single tasking (Focus and deep thinking).
Okay! Multitasking is a myth created and acknowledged by bunch of uneducated literates. No human brain is really capable of multitasking.
Women act most of the times without thinking about the consequences of their actions but men do have a thorough thought before action. Men are better deep and conceptual thinkers while women are better at fast thinking. Whereas fast thinking are not always the right thinking.

Do you have any question?

angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Women Really Multitask? by Haynnie: 9:11pm On Aug 03
Yes women multitask and they do it better if you ask me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Women Really Multitask? by budaatum: 9:12pm On Aug 03
I guess men can't multitask neither then, since their brain too "can be likened to a computer processor in terms of command/information execution".

Makes me wonder though why employers don't just hire computers instead of human beings who can actually multitask, but I guess that would be a pointless question to ask a man who can not multitask.
Re: Can Women Really Multitask? by FRANCISTOWN: 9:16pm On Aug 03
EreluRoz:
Mtcheww
Exactly what I was talking about.
Re: Can Women Really Multitask? by FRANCISTOWN: 9:17pm On Aug 03
budaatum:
I guess men can't multitask neither then, since their brain too "can be likened to a computer processor in terms of command/information execution".

Makes me wonder though why employers don't just hire computers instead of human beings who can actually multitask, but I guess that would be a pointless question to ask a man who can not multitask.
A living witness of what I was talking about.
Re: Can Women Really Multitask? by FRANCISTOWN: 9:18pm On Aug 03
Haynnie:
Yes women multitask and they do it better if you ask me.
Okay then.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Consider Cheating In A Relationship? / *My September Tips For Humanity* / #making_marriage_work_and_sweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.