Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,653 members, 7,934,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 05:25 PM

Hon. Anayo Onwuegbu Pledges Infrastructure Support For Ogugu Community In Awgu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Anayo Onwuegbu Pledges Infrastructure Support For Ogugu Community In Awgu (100 Views)

Enugu: Tribunal Sacks House of Reps member Okereke (LP), Returns Pdp's Onwuegbu / President Tinubu Has Approved The Establishment Of Infrastructure Support Fund / Video Of Soldiers Shooting At Civilians In Awgu, Enugu Is Propaganda - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Anayo Onwuegbu Pledges Infrastructure Support For Ogugu Community In Awgu by Kizito49: 3:21am On Aug 04
The member representing Awgu, Aninri, and Oji River Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Anayo Onwuegbu, has assured the people of Ogugu Ntu-egbenese Ancient Kingdom in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State of urgent intervention on the road leading to Ibite Village of the community.

Hon. Onwuegbu made this known on Saturday during the unveiling ceremony of Ogugu Community Health Centre, which was reconstructed, rehabilitated, and equipped by Chief Fabian Nweke (Akụ ruo ụlọ, Ikenga Amabor Obodo Asaa) and his wife, Lolo Gloria Uchediya - Adaeze Nweke.

He stated that the community is seriously lacking in infrastructural development due to prolonged negligence, adding that it is time for development to come to the land.

Hon. Onwuegbu urged the community leaders to rally around and outline programs that will engender disruptive development within the next few years while also calling for support towards the administration of Governor Peter Ndubuisi Mbah.

Regarding Governor Peter Ndubuisi Mbah's administration, he described him as a working governor whose developmental programs cut across all the wards in all the sectors, adding that there is a need for the community's stakeholders to cue in behind Governor Mbah's 10km of road project per ward.

Hon. Onwuegbu also commended Mrs. Gloria Nweke and her family for their kind gesture, promising to provide 24-hour water supply to the hospital, which is the only functional healthcare center in the community.

According to Onwuegbu, "I am very elated to be here but also uncomfortable. This is because, when I was invited by the Igwe elect, I was happy as the project is all about the people but, seeing the dilapidated nature of the roads and other infrastructure, I felt bad. Ogugu Ntu-egbenese is an ancient community but very backward in infrastructural development. Development is a collective effort, and we must all play our parts to see our community thrive. I will start by trying my best to get the government's intervention on this road. As a civil engineer by training, profession, and practice, I have assessed the road, and I will do my best."

"You have a lot of notable sons and daughters like your Igwe elect, Chief Aloysius Chidozie Ogbonna Jnr., Dr. Ifechukwu Udeh, Dr. Augustine Okolie, amongst others. They must rally around and get development for this community."

"However, there is a need to cue in behind Governor Peter Ndubuisi Mbah's administration with our utmost dedication. He has plans that will touch all the sectors in Enugu State, especially the 10km of road per ward Policy, which this community needs to cue behind. Enugu is blessed with a working governor in Barr Peter Ndubuisi Mbah."

"I want to commend the family of Chief Fabian Nweke for this gesture and want others to emulate the same. Ogugu Ntu-egbenese Ancient Kingdom needs infrastructural attention."

Hon. Onwuegbu also highlighted the potential economic benefits that improved infrastructure would bring to the community. "Better roads and healthcare facilities will attract businesses and investors, creating job opportunities and improving the overall standard of living in Ogugu Ntu-egbenese Ancient Kingdom. Let us seize this moment to build a prosperous future for our children," he added.

Earlier in his remarks, the Igwe elect of the community, Chief Aloysius Chidozie Ogbonna Jnr., thanked God for the progress witnessed in the community so far.

He stated that the community, which urgently needs attention from the government, is open for partnership with her sons, daughters, in-laws, and friends on developmental programs that will emancipate their people.

He thanked Governor Peter Ndubuisi Mbah for his efforts in improving the life of the Enugu citizens, as the Governor is currently building a type C hospital for the community.

The President General of Ogugu Progressive Union General Assembly (OPUGA), Engr. Bennett Ude, stated that the community hospital has faced numerous infrastructural deficits, ranging from dilapidated buildings to a near-total absence of drugs and other crucial equipment, which he said was a nightmare for the community. He stated that Mrs. Gloria's intervention has made her the community's Florence Nightingale and healthcare ambassador plenipotentiary.

"For some time now, our community has faced numerous infrastructural challenges, ranging from dilapidated buildings to a near-total absence of genuine drugs and equipment. This situation aggravated the poverty rate and misery index of Ogugu community. Our sister Gloria Nweke has, through this show of love, become our own Florence Nightingale (the lady with the lamp) and also our healthcare ambassador plenipotentiary in view of the services and empathy she unconditionally rendered to our community."

"Her reconstruction and rehabilitation of the hospital include reroofing, retiling, installation of Almaco windows, installation of iron doors, curtains, and bedsheets, amongst others."

In her address, Mrs. Gloria Uchediya - Adaeze Nweke expressed her happiness over the completion of such a marvelous project for her community, which she said troubled her for a long time due to its previous sorry state, adding that her gesture is all about improving the quality of care and services for her people.

Mrs. Nweke also applauded her husband for his support during the project, thus calling for unity, peace, and progress of the community.

The event also had side attractions such as music performances, cultural displays, and commendation words from the community leaders amongst others.

Re: Hon. Anayo Onwuegbu Pledges Infrastructure Support For Ogugu Community In Awgu by Igbofirstfarmer: 6:57am On Aug 04
na wao, i thought someone from from ugwuoma (ugwamgbe) is the youngest university proprietor, didn't he built it in ogugu?.

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Government Needs To Need Be Aware Of What’s Spoiling Vehicles Tyre / Kogi Guber: CSO Urges Supreme Court To Be Fair / Video: Entrepreneurs To Benefit From Tinubu's Speech- Ebootcamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.