Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,795 members, 7,945,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary (29299 Views)

No Need To Panic Over Removal Of PMS Subsidy Says NMDPRA / Electoral Act: Ortom Commends President Buhari, Says Decision Best For Country / Ahmed Lawan: Debt Burden Heavy On Nigerians But Necessary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Kuginzi: 7:23am On Aug 04
By Baba Martins

Contrary to the demands of the ongoing #EndBadGovernance protesters, President Bola Tinubu has ruled out the return of fuel subsidy.

The President in a Nationwide broadcast to Nigerians on Sunday morning, disclosed that even though the decision to remove the fuel Subsidy was painful, it was necessary because it has constituted a noose around the economic “jugular of our Nation and impeded our economic development and progress.”

The President also told the protesters that law enforcement agencies would continue to ensure the full protection of lives and properties of innocent citizens in a responsible manner, adding that “Our democracy progresses when the constitutional rights of every Nigerian are respected and protected.”

President Tinubu stated that, “My vision for our country is one of a just and prosperous nation where each person may enjoy the peace, freedom, and meaningful livelihood that only democratic good governance can provide – one that is open, transparent and accountable to the Nigerian people.

"For decades, our economy has remained anaemic and taken a dip because of many misalignments that have stunted our growth. Just over a year ago, our dear country, Nigeria, reached a point where we couldn’t afford to continue the use of temporary solutions to solve long-term problems for the sake of now and our unborn generations.

"I therefore took the painful yet necessary decision to remove fuel subsidies and abolish multiple foreign exchange systems which had constituted a noose around the economic jugular of our Nation and impeded our economic development and progress.”

He said these actions “blocked the greed and the profits that smugglers and rent-seekers made. They also blocked the undue subsidies we had extended to our neighbouring countries to the detriment of our people, rendering our economy prostrate.

"These decisions I made were necessary if we must reverse the decades of economic mismanagement that didn’t serve us well. Yes, I agree, the buck stops on my table. But I can assure you that I am focused fully on delivering the governance to the people – good governance for that matter.”
https://dailytrust.com/breaking-tinubu-rules-out-return-of-fuel-subsidy-says-decision-painful-but-necessary/

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Nvestor02: 7:25am On Aug 04
[/b]
If Tunibu decides to remove the subsidy, it would make him seem like the most incompetent president ever. But I know how brave Tunibu is, and I believe no amount of criticism will stop him from pushing Nigeria forward. Thanks.

Removing the subsidy is their main demand because the people behind this protest are the ones benefiting from it, and they want it back to drain Nigeria even more.

This decision is the right move to improve Nigeria. We've already seen how he increased the allocation by 41%. I can't understand what these people are thinking when they say Timangu is on the wrong path.

To make Nigeria better, everyone needs to make sacrifices. What you eat is your responsibility than the government's. Let that really sink in.

225 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by AAAA67: 7:25am On Aug 04
So unfortunate.
None of the issues was addressed or resolved

Suffering continues

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by derecho(m): 7:26am On Aug 04
Somebody that's paying himself subsidy since last year.

226 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Chinkoalhaji34: 7:26am On Aug 04
E go pain some people for body, but na wetin we suppose do to move forward.

Peter Obi go just dey sit down dey plan how to continue the wahala wey him start.

No be him sabi anything about governance, na only for mouth him dey shine.

211 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by madridguy(m): 7:26am On Aug 04
shocked
Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Bobloco: 7:27am On Aug 04
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by KashApp: 7:29am On Aug 04
Wait ooo... This speech correlate with the leaked one oo. shocked

And no single demand is accepted... We don enter one chance with this man

Well, I keep saying it... "Nigeria is a great country but unfortunately, we have bad selfish leaders that will never ever let the country prosper". They also have dumb followers who can defend their failure forever as far as they have little coming to the their pockets.

Forget about government guys... Try and make money. This Tinubu government will never make things easy for common citizens.

If you're a Yahoo Boy, continue to dey bomb 24/7 (your President sef na scammer)... If na sportsbet, keep doing it but bet responsibly. Just do anything to make money BUT pls, shun armed robbery and kidnapping.

Ire ooo

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Mynd44: 7:34am On Aug 04
KashApp:
Wait ooo... This speech correlate with the leaked one oo. shocked

And no single demand is accepted... We don enter one chance with this man

It wasn't leaked. It is standard to release the speech to the media before the speech happens

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by HeadNigga: 7:35am On Aug 04
Speech didn't address the issue of hunger

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by UselessBuharist: 7:35am On Aug 04
His over 20 minutes empty speech is nothing but threats and lies.

That man has nothing to offer Nigerians in the next 3 years

128 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by DMerciful(m): 7:35am On Aug 04
Tinubu is paying more subsidy than Buhari. Use your head for once
Nvestor02:
If Tunibu agrees to remove subsidy, that will make him the most incompetent president ever. I know how courageous Tunibu is, and I know no amount of criticism can stop him from taking Nigeria forward. Thank you.

Removing subsidy is the frontier of their demand because the people that are sponsoring this protest are the ones benefiting from subsidy and they want it back to loose Nigeria more dry.

If Tunibu decides to remove the subsidy, it would make him seem like the most incompetent president ever. But I know how brave Tunibu is, and I believe no amount of criticism will stop him from pushing Nigeria forward. Thanks.

Removing the subsidy is their main demand because the people behind this protest are the ones benefiting from it, and they want it back to drain Nigeria even more.

This decision is the right move to improve Nigeria. We've already seen how he increased the allocation by 41%. I can't understand what these people are thinking when they say Timangu is on the wrong path.

To make Nigeria better, everyone needs to make sacrifices. What you eat your responsibility than the government's. Let that really sink in.Yiwo

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Nairalander248: 7:35am On Aug 04
Sometimes I wondered, was it the same subsidy removal that you were against in 2012 that you came to remove and made people suffer unnecessarily... BAT is playing with Nigerians

136 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by MaziObinnaokija: 7:35am On Aug 04
Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by SensualMan1(m): 7:35am On Aug 04
Ronu's buying fuel 900/L
Agbado's buying fuel 900/l

Igbos buying FULL tank and tipping the seller as well.

God bless Jagaban!

With the hardship Tinubu is inflicting on yorubas, they will still go to Igbo people shop to buy motor parts and an Igbo man will sell it to them x5 of the actual price, they will groan and still buy now is a plus to the Igbo man building his mansion at home.

On your mandate we shall stand!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by lyndire: 7:35am On Aug 04
He will face the consequences

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by SmartPolician: 7:35am On Aug 04
Fuel subsidy cannot return at this time. The way forward is to work on alternatives like CNG. Fuel subsidy was costing this economy so much and oil cartels cashing out with it.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by MadamVanessa(f): 7:36am On Aug 04
shocked

Last last this fool will succumb and remove fuel subsidy, let him prove tough, it would soon clear him for eyes.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by tuoyoojo(m): 7:36am On Aug 04
The protest never shake am be that

He once said that subsidy would be removed and even if they protest he would not do anything

Tilibu is saying the protest has absolutely no effect on him

He would share rice to them. This is the solution to Nigerians problems. Share rice

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Anguldi(m): 7:36am On Aug 04
Floating of Naira should be cancelled
tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Salewa97: 7:36am On Aug 04
Baba Tinubu, you dey talk true!

Removing fuel subsidy is a bold step towards fixing our economy for the future. Those temporary fixes have only held us back for too long. We need a leader who can make tough choices for the betterment of Nigeria. Let the protesters shout; true progress always comes with discomfort. We stand with you, Mr. President!

183 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by zed7: 7:36am On Aug 04
This man is clueless and has run out of ideas. We're now in a dictatorship.

Even if you want to keep your senseless policies, at least show some sensitivity by reducing the cost of governance.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Utanisco(m): 7:36am On Aug 04
Hahahahahahahaah

The best president we Ever had

Northerners shud kiss the truth and thier satanic supporters

Cho Cho Cho people

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Alexis11: 7:36am On Aug 04
You want him to address the nation, now he has addressed the nation. Make una continue k!lling yourselves

MadamVanessa:
shocked

Last last this fool will succumb and remove fuel subsidy, let him prove tough, it would soon clear him for eyes.

If he had returned that subsidy, you would have called him a coward. 😂

Tinubu is i.pobidient mothers' husband.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Elvis2kay: 7:36am On Aug 04
shocked
Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by SatoshiX: 7:36am On Aug 04
We hear you. But make food affordable by opening the borders because it's obvious we our local producing is not sufficient for our consumption.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by MasterJayJay: 7:36am On Aug 04
Tinubu is a disaster.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:36am On Aug 04
ruto went back on his decision

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by zabson(m): 7:36am On Aug 04
grin shocked
Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by BOYS2MEN: 7:37am On Aug 04
Na d last part I read "good governance for that matter" abeg I wetin tinubu been dey talk wey lead to that statement?
Kuginzi:
By Baba Martins

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-tinubu-rules-out-return-of-fuel-subsidy-says-decision-painful-but-necessary/

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Rules Out Return Of Fuel Subsidy, Says Decision Painful But Necessary by Elvis2kay: 7:37am On Aug 04
zed7:
This man is clueless, has run out of ideas. We're now in a dictatorship.
. You that is full of ideas, I will appreciate if u can share some points about what the president can do on the fuel subsidy. I hear say 97% 9jar revenue na for services of Loan

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Northern Governors Beg Ortom Not To Abandon Forum Over Benue Killings / Lukman Gbadegesin: New Alaafin Selected By Oyo Kingmakers - Document, Court / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi And Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.