Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,865 members, 7,945,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn (940 Views)

Why Biafra Lost The War …. Prof Nwala / UN September Protest: Yoruba Nation, Biafra Agitators Flee Nigeria / Why Biafra Lost The War - {a Must Read} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by franchasng: 9:26am On Aug 04
Good morning brothers and sisters from the Eastern Nigeria.

My message is mainly for the Igbos and to those who are agitating for Biafra now or may want to do so in future.

Before I move to the main points, let me make this known to all; failure is common to every successful person, most times the number of times you fail determines how huge your success will be, but you must learn from your past failures and make corrections where necessary in order for you to win tomorrow.

It is no secret that Biafra lost the war to Nigeria in 1970 even though Gowon the then Head of state of Nigeria cunningly declared the war a no victor no vanquish. Nigeria won Biafra, let's not argue that, but what we should focus on is why did Biafra lost the war despite the fact that they were fighting a just war to defend themselves from unwarranted oppression and persecution by people they called countrymen?

As someone that comes from a family that played major role in the Nigerian politics from 1950 to 1970, even though I wasn't born when the war was fought, but I can confidently tell the full story about the war; from what led to the coup, who participated in the coup and what led to the outbreak of the civil war and finally why Biafra lost the war.

For the records, my father fought in the war even though he wasn't a trained soldier, he was only a young civil servant who got conscripted into the Biafran military to fight at the war front with little training. But my uncles who were trained Nigerian soldiers, who attended the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst and one being a strong ally of Ojukwu and another an ally of Kaduna Nzeogwu, I can say I have the full history in my palms because they told us every truth about the coup, their mistakes, their initial plan and why Biafra lost the war.

Meanwhile, I am not here to talk about the January 1966 coup and the counter coup that led to Northern pogrom, etc, maybe I will find time to talk about that some other time, but in this very write up, I want to talk about why Biafra lost the war to Nigeria, as a way of teaching other Igbos/Biafrans some lessons that we Igbos must learn in order to triumph in this Nigerian contraption we found ourselves in, if not, our journey will be very long.

I will continue in my next post, follow me.

Dear Igbos, you can also read why Biafra lost the war by another Igbo personality who witnessed the war firsthand by going here https://ariseafrika.com/2023/10/geopolitical-wisdom-for-serious-reflection-o-ji-ofo-gala-ma-ya-mara-uzo-by-prof-chidi-osuagwu.html
Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Abdul05: 9:28am On Aug 04
Abeg..take this for record purpose.

If anyone of you were to ask ...why did Biafra lose the war.? Simply tell them that..

" The Ibo had no military mind to fight" ...... ;

If you don't believe..look at all that they had so far done to ipob terrorists ..they killed them like a street dog .

It seems more like a weakness of character ..when things get tough they run.... Eg Kanu, Ojukwu, grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Bookhub: 9:31am On Aug 04
Wetin bring this one this morning?
Are Igbo's the first to loose war, Japanese have won against Russia and lost to Americans,Americans have lost war in Vietnam,Jews have lost sovereignity war many times in their history and bounced back stronger than ever ,Germans have lost wars,you guys have never fought a modern war in your history it takes a lot of guts to declare war,start first with declaring war on the fulanis grabbing your ancestral land inch by inch wars are either won or lost then everyone moves on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 9:37am On Aug 04
franchasng:

My message is mainly for the Igbos and to those who are agitating for Biafra now or may want to do so in future.

Before I move to the main points, let me make this known to all; failure is common to every successful person, most times the number of times you fail determines how huge your success will be, but you must learn from your past failures and make corrections where necessary in order for you to win tomorrow.

It is no secret that Biafra lost the war to Nigeria in 1970 even though Gowon the then Head of state of Nigeria cunningly declared the war a no victor no vanquish. Nigeria won Biafra, let's not argue that, but what we should focus on is why did Biafra lost the war despite the fact that they were fighting a just war to defend themselves from unwarranted oppression and persecution by people they called countrymen?

As someone that comes from a family that played major role in the Nigerian politics from 1950 to 1970, even though I wasn't born when the war was fought, but I can confidently tell the full story about the war; from what led to the coup, who participated in the coup and what led to the outbreak of the civil war and finally why Biafra lost the war.

For the records, my father fought in the war even though he wasn't a trained soldier, he was only a young civil servant who got conscripted into the Biafran military to fight at the war front with little training. But my uncles who were trained Nigerian soldiers, who attended the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst and one being a strong ally of Ojukwu and another an ally of Kaduna Nzeogwu, I can say I have the full history in my palms because they told us every truth about the coup, their mistakes, their initial plan and why Biafra lost the war.

Meanwhile, I am not here to talk about the January 1966 coup and the counter coup that led to Northern pogrom, etc, maybe I will find time to talk about that some other time, but in this very write up, I want to talk about why Biafra lost the war to Nigeria, as a way of teaching other Igbos/Biafrans some lessons that we Igbos must learn in order to triumph in this Nigerian contraption we found ourselves in, if not, our journey will be very long.

Good morning,
Be informed that your thread is under surveillance. You are advised to post only truth,although I know that may be difficult for you,knowing where you come from and your genes. Anything you post here will be fact checked and scrutinised and any falsehood or propaganda will be countered,exposed and disputed accordingly.
Accept my warmest regards.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by franchasng: 9:40am On Aug 04
According to my late uncle who happened to be a very close friend and ally of Ojukwu, Igbos weren't prepared for the war, but because of Igbo people's fearlessness and believe in the fact that their "Chi" would fight for them if they were fighting for a just cause, that Igbos didn't find it hard to support Ojukwu to declare Biafra when Ojukwu sought for the consent of Old Eastern Nigerians.

He told us that Akwa Ibom people are one of the best friends of the Igbos among the minority tribes in the Old Eastern Nigeria.

I remember the day one of our elders asked him why Igbos failed despite being able to push Nigerian soldiers far away from Biafra region at the start of the war?

He said Igbos must learn to trust outsiders less. He said one negative side of Igbos is that we easily love and trust outsiders once they show any sign of support to Igbos, that this is one of Igbo people's negative side. That this exposes Igbos to making wrong friends without proper scrutiny who usually use the insider information they got from being close to Igbos to hurt Igbos at the end.

He said Ojukwu made two grievous mistakes that made Biafra lost the war.

He said one was Ojukwu's rejection of USSR's (today's Russia) formal request to assist Biafra secure their freedom completely from Nigeria in exchange for Biafra to officially become USSR's African ally. He said Ojukwu rejected this offer which he sat with Ojukwu when Ojukwu replied them in the negative. He said some of them that were very close to Ojukwu weren't happy when Ojukwu rejected USSR's offer and they tried to convince him but Ojukwu vehemently refused to listen to them on the grounds that USSR was not a democratic free nation Biafra must associate with. He said instead Ojukwu bragged that Biafra had all it takes to defeat Nigeria and become Africa's superpower like USSR. That aligning with USSR will usurper Biafra's great future. My late uncle said he and many others were so angry but you dared not show that to Ojukwu else, he might eliminate you and tag you a traitor.

This was the number one reason Biafra lost the war to Nigeria.

I will talk about the lessons Igbos must learn towards the end of this write up.

Follow me

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 9:46am On Aug 04
franchasng:
According to my late uncle who happened to be a very close friend and ally of Ojukwu, Igbos weren't prepared for the war, but because of Igbo people's fearlessness and believe in the fact that their "Chi" would fight for them if they were fighting for a just cause, that Igbos didn't find it hard to support Ojukwu to declare Biafra when Ojukwu sought for the consent of Old Eastern Nigerians.

He told us that Akwa Ibom people are one of the best friends of the Igbos among the minority tribes in the Old Eastern Nigeria.

I remember the day one of our elders asked him why Igbos failed despite being able to push Nigerian soldiers far away from Biafra region at the start of the war?

He said Igbos must learn to trust outsiders less. He said one negative side of Igbos is that we easily love and trust outsiders once they show any sign of support to Igbos, that this is one of Igbo people's negative side. That this exposes Igbos to making wrong friends without proper scrutiny who usually use the insider information they got from being close to Igbos to hurt Igbos at the end.

He said one was Ojukwu's rejection of USSR's (today's Russia) formal request to assist Biafra secure their freedom completely from Nigeria in exchange for Biafra to officially become USSR's African ally. He said Ojukwu rejected this offer which he sat with Ojukwu when Ojukwu replied them in the negative. He said some of them that were very close to Ojukwu weren't happy when Ojukwu rejected USSR's offer and they tried to convince him but Ojukwu vehemently refused to listen to them on the grounds that USSR was not a democratic free nation Biafra must associate with. He said instead Ojukwu bragged that Biafra had all it takes to defeat Nigeria and become Africa's superpower like USSR. That aligning with USSR will usurper Biafra's great future. My late uncle said he and many others were so angry but you dared not show that to Ojukwu else, he might eliminate you and tag you a traitor.

I will talk about the lessons Igbos must learn towards the end of this write up.

Follow me

@The bolded,
So according to this your Biafra supremacist propaganda and lies,Odumegwu Ojukwu refused to associate with the USSR because it was not a democracy but then choose to associate with Apartheid South Africa where black people lived and were treated as second class citizens by the Boers?
Keep up your lies. We are watching....

6 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by chiagozien(m): 9:50am On Aug 04
The only thing that unites yorubas and Hausafulanis is hatred for Igbos.

We understand your massage at this time

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Dalohad: 9:51am On Aug 04
franchasng:

You people have up to 2341 reasons why Biafra lost the war to Nigeria Industrial Co. British Ltd.

Which one should we believe?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by franchasng: 9:56am On Aug 04
According to my late uncle, a strong ally of Ojukwu and a Biafra government official back then, he said another mistake Ojukwu made that contributed to Biafra losing the war was Ojukwu's trust for Victor Banjo and Ifeajuna to lead the Biafran elite forces to capture Lagos.

He said even though Ojukwu's reason of handing Victor Banjo the Western front battle in order to assure Yorubas that Biafra's advancement towards Lagos was for a mutual benefit and to end the war faster by forcing Gowon and his Northern gangs to flee to Kaduna in order for Biafra and Odua Nation to be actualized, that he and many others weren't happy with such decision, especially having Ifeajuna a known sell out that leaked the January 1966 coup secret to Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe his cousin which made Azikiwe to flee Nigeria on guise of embarking on a medical leave, which also contributed to the failure of the January 1966 coup which was erroneously tagged Igbo coup.

He said because Banjo and Ifeajuna halted Biafran soldiers advancement to Lagos close to Ijube Ode after they started having afterthoughts on whether to overthrow Ojukwu and take over the Biafran government leadership because they foolishly believed the war was almost over as they were few kilometers away from capturing Lagos amidst rumors that Gowon and his Northern gangs were planning to flee to Kaduna

He said another rumor from Banjo's camp had it that Banjo and Ifeajuna got a juicy offer from Nigerian government to sabotage Biafra in order for them to forgiven and given key political appointment in the Nigerian government of that time and that that was the reason they stopped Biafran soldiers from advancing to Lagos as they gave Nigerian side classified military information they used to regroup and push Biafran soldiers back to Benin then to Umunede and finally Asaba where they crossed over to Onitsha blowing the Niger Bridge which infuriated Delta Igbo people as they became helpless and felt betrayed by the fleeing Biafran soldiers.

Because of this, Ojukwu arrested Banjo and Ifeajuna and executed them.

He said this was another of Ojukwu's mistake that contributed to Baifra losing the war.
Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by gidgiddy: 9:58am On Aug 04
franchasng:

Follow me

You have to bear in mind that the same USSR supported Nigeria, particularly with war planes. Why would USSR offer support to Ojukwu, only to later support Nigeria?

It is what it is. My father fought as a Bifran Soldier for three years. As far as they were concerned, it was a fight for freedom. It may not have worked out the way they wanted but time has since proved Ojukwu and my father right. Nigeria has only gone from bad to worse to fire. Ojukwu foresaw that Nigeria would never work, and he was right

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by YoshihideSuga: 10:02am On Aug 04
Bookhub:
Wetin bring this one this morning?
Are Igbo's the first to loose war, Japanese have won against Russia and lost to Americans,Americans have lost war in Vietnam,Jews have lost sovereignity war many times in their history and bounced back stronger than ever ,Germans have lost wars
And the citizens of the victorious countries narrated why and how they won. At the same time, the citizens of the losing nations wrote extensively why and how they lost. Why should it be different from Igbos?

Even a fugitive relative of Hamas senior leaders wrote a book about Hamas. Northern Nigeria's Christians have written books about the infiltration of the Northern Nigeria by islamists and the silent genocide across the Christian communities in the north. So, why should an Igbo man not do the same?

you guys have never fought a modern war in your history it takes a lot of guts to declare war,start first with declaring war on the fulanis grabbing your ancestral land inch by inch wars are either won or lost then everyone moves on.
If fighting to secede few years after the both World Wars, I wonder what then is a "modern war".

I know you hate Igbos, and that's fine. What you shouldn't do, at least publicly, is accuse Igbos wrongly and lie at the same time.

6 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 10:04am On Aug 04
franchasng:
According to my late uncle, a strong ally of Ojukwu and a Biafra government official back then, he said another mistake Ojukwu made that contributed to Biafra losing the war was Ojukwu's trust for Victor Banjo and Ifeajuna to lead the Biafran elite forces to capture Lagos.

He said even though Ojukwu's reason of handing Victor Banjo the Western front battle in order to assure Yorubas that Biafra's advancement towards Lagos was for a mutual benefit and to end the war faster by forcing Gowon and his Northern gangs to flee to Kaduna in order for Biafra and Odua Nation to be actualized, that he and many others weren't happy with such decision, especially having Ifeajuna a known sell out that leaked the January 1966 coup secret to Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe his cousin which made Azikiwe to flee Nigeria on guise of embarking on a medical leave, which also contributed to the failure of the January 1966 coup which was erroneously tagged Igbo coup.

He said because Banjo and Ifeajuna halted Biafran soldiers advancement to Lagos close to Ijube Ode after they started having afterthoughts on whether to overthrow Ojukwu and take over the Biafran government leadership because they foolishly believed the war was almost over as they were few kilometers away from capturing Lagos amidst rumors that Gowon and his Northern gangs were planning to flee to Kaduna

He said another rumor from Banjo's camp had it that Banjo and Ifeajuna got a juicy offer from Nigerian government to sabotage Biafra in order for them to forgiven and given key political appointment in the Nigerian government of that time and that that was the reason they stopped Biafran soldiers from advancing to Lagos as they gave Nigerian side classified military information they used to regroup and push Biafran soldiers back to Benin then to Umunede and finally Asaba where they crossed over to Onitsha blowing the Niger Bridge which infuriated Delta Igbo people as they became helpless and felt betrayed by the fleeing Biafran soldiers.

Because of this, Ojukwu arrested Banjo and Ifeajuna and executed them.

He said this was another of Ojukwu's mistake that contributed to Baifra losing the war.

Stop these LIES!
Ifeajuna was never a part of the Benin/Ore invasion by Biafran forces!
The Benin invasion was led by Victor Banjo and Albert Okonkwo.....
You need to stop this revision now. VictorBanjo refused to proceed beyond Ore and never got to Ijebu Ode....Banjo paused his movement because Obasanjo refused to join forces with him from Ibadan and because of the mad cap conditions given to him by Ojukwu. Also Albert Okonkwo refused to proceed beyong Ore and swiftlyreturned to Benin.

https://www.nairaland.com/8148636/odumegwu-ojukwus-letter-victor-banjo

7 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by franchasng: 10:07am On Aug 04
The lessons Igbos and Biafra Agitators must learn going forward

According to my late uncle, while Ojukwu rejected Russia's offer to help Biafra gain it's full independence from Nigeria with the wrong belief that Biafra can win the war on it's own without external alliance, that Nigeria went into alliance with the Western world led by Britain to help them win the war. He said if Nigeria a sovereign nation that already existed for several decades with formalized military and foreign relations could see the need to align with Western powers then to help them defeat Biafra, that it was foolish for Ojukwu to have believed that Biafra without a formal military or central bank and other government supporting agencies plus existing foreign relations to win a war against Western Backed Nigeria.

This is a big lesson for all Igbos and Biafra agitators.

Foolishly believing that you can get Biafra freedom by using some ragtag gunmen to be attacking Nigerian security in a guerrilla styled attack will never help Biafra agitation nor Igbos. It will only destabilize Southeast region and cause more sufferings to Igbos in Southeast by making the entire Southeast a very insecure region.

Biafra agitators must go back to drawing board and restrategize immediately and stop every form of gunmen attacks on Nigerian security because that will never bring about Biafra freedom, never. That useless Simon Ekpa is only deceiving some senseless Igbo youths and leading them to their early grave.

Biafra can only be actualized through international alliance and politicking and not through this guerrilla warfare some senseless Simon Ekpa's followers are using.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 10:14am On Aug 04
franchasng:
The lessons Igbos and Biafra Agitators must learn going forward

According to my late uncle, while Ojukwu rejected Russia's offer to help Biafra gain it's full independence from Nigeria with the wrong belief that Biafra can win the war on it's own without external alliance, that Nigeria went into alliance with the Western world led by Britain to help them win the war. He said if Nigeria a sovereign nation that already existed for several decades with formalized military and foreign relations could see the need to align with Western powers then to help them defeat Biafra, that it was foolish for Ojukwu to have believed that Biafra without a formal military or central bank and other government supporting agencies plus existing foreign relations to win a war against Western Backed Nigeria.

This is a big lesson for all Igbos and Biafra agitators.

Foolishly believing that you can get Biafra freedom by using some ragtag gunmen to be attacking Nigerian security in a guerrilla styled attack will never help Biafra agitation nor Igbos. It will only destabilize Southeast region and cause more sufferings to Igbos in Southeast by making the entire Southeast a very insecure region.

Biafra agitators must go back to drawing board and restrategize immediately and stop every form of gunmen attacks on Nigerian security because that will never bring about Biafra freedom, never. That useless Simon Ekpa is only deceiving some senseless Igbo youths and leading them to their early grave.

Biafra can only be actualized through international alliance and politicking and not through this guerrilla warfare some senseless Simon Ekpa's followers are using.

Keep up the dirty lies and revision.
According to your non existent "uncle". A military dictator,Odumegwu Ojukwu did not want support from the USSR because it was not a democracy but accepted help from two countries that treated blacks worse than slaves in South Africa and Portugal. Do you even think before coming on a public forum to spew all these disgusting lies?

6 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Bookhub: 10:15am On Aug 04
YoshihideSuga:
And the citizens of the victorious countries narrated why and how they won. At the same time, the citizens of the losing nations wrote extensively why and how they lost. Why should it be different from Igbos?

Even a fugitive relative of Hamas senior leaders wrote a book about Hamas. Northern Nigeria's Christians have written books about the infiltration of the Northern Nigeria by islamists and the silent genocide across the Christian communities in the north. So, why should an Igbo man not do the same?

If fighting to secede few years after the both World Wars, I wonder what then is a "modern war".

I know you hate Igbos, and that's fine. What you shouldn't do, at least publicly, is accuse Igbos wrongly and lie at the same time.

Leave Igbo's alone we no protest na by force?

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Softmirror: 10:26am On Aug 04
chiagozien:

Why are Igbos always the bunching bag of Hausas and Yorubas? grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Zaheertyler(m): 10:27am On Aug 04
franchasng:

You are just speaking from your family opinion
Have you read from men who participated from different tribes before you arrive at your conclusion
Read from an Igbo man,Yoruba, Hausa,Fulani,Benin,ijaw and ever other tribe telling you how it happened
If you don’t then you’re being sentimental

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by zeuss: 10:29am On Aug 04
Lies lies and more lies.

4 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 10:29am On Aug 04
Those who want the true story of why Odumegwu Ojukwu had Banjo,Ifeajuna, Alale and others executed may like to hear from the horses mouth on the thread below.

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

https://www.nairaland.com/4105951/why-killed-victor-banjo-ifeajuna

You can not just come out of a club or a beer palour then sit behind your laptop or smart phone and come on an intellectual forum like this a start feeding us ficticious pepper soup stories from a phantom "uncle".
This is 2024 for heavens sake. The Internet is everywhere.....Haba!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by franchasng: 10:31am On Aug 04
Igbos Must Learn from Nnamdi Kanu's Mistakes

What are Nnamdi Kanu's mistakes you may ask?

1.) He was not tactical enough

2.) His abusive nature whereby he abused Britain while holding their passport, abused USA, abused France, etc. and foolishly believed Israel's support was enough. Israel that is still fighting to secure their nation from Arab enemies, who also depend on Western world led by US for their international politicking.

3.) Nnamdi Kanu failed to realize that in this world, there are two groups that control the world, and they are:

Western World
USA
Britain
France
Italy
Germany
Netherlands
Japan
Poland
Canada
Australia
South Korea
etc etc

Eastern World
Russia
China
Cuba
Pakistan

with new allies like
Iran
North Korea
Syria
South Africa
UAE
etc

To survive in this harsh world, you must align with one of the two powers controlling the world.

Nnamdi Kanu ought to have found a way to align with Russia before coming out to dare the Nigerian government. This was his greatest mistake. He ought to have known that Nigeria belongs to the Western powers through Britain, and that there was no road there.

Instead he deceived his followers that he had enough foreign backup whereas he had none, Igbos must learn from this mistake, and future Biafra agitators must learn from this too.

Igbos must learn that in this world, you cannot get freedom or independence from your parent country without the strong backup of either Western powers or Eastern powers.

So before you start any agitation, find a way to lobby yourself into one of the two powers controlling the world. If your parent country is aligned with the West, then you must align with the East. If not, you will only be wasting your time and your people fighting a lost fight.

My message is clear, it is meant for the Igbos and Biafra lovers and supporters and not for enemies or Igbo haters.

I am not here to argue with whatever you believe or heard, I am here to educate my people for our own good and future, peace.

I know that Biafra will definitely come to reality but when that will happen, I cant tell. One reason any reasonable person will use to know that Nigeria have an expiry date is the fact that Nigeria as a country is built on corruption, injustice, cheating, hatred, division, suppression and brazen marginalization, and no nation ever survive these vices for too long.

Many shortsighted people may think it is not possible for Nigeria to disintegrate but if you remove your glasses and look well, you will realize that Nigeria can never exist for too long.

The only thing keeping Nigeria and holding Nigeria is greed for crude oil from a particular region which some greedy regions and their political elites believe they cannot survive without. The moment crude oil looses it's current high economic value, Nigeria will seize to exist, and it's just a matter of time because the Western world is seriously advancing in their research to end crude oil era because it is one of the things the Eastern world and their new allies are using to build their threat against the west, and it's just a matter of time crude oil will loose its glory in global economy, by then, Nigeria will naturally start falling into pieces.

You can bookmark this for future reference or for generations to come.
Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by guysbewise: 10:35am On Aug 04
Nonsense! There was no eastern Nigeria or Biafra empire before the Europeans created Nigeria.
The Benin Kingdom with the Niger Delta and the Oyo Empire were the super powers in the south.
You cannot just decide one day you want to attack and grab other peoples regions and lands to create your nonsense Biafra which is even a Portuguese name that you grabbed also.
If you had only wanted your landlocked small piece of land then the Europeans who created Nigeria would have allowed you to go if they wanted to allow you go.

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Deadlytruth(m): 10:35am On Aug 04
[quote author=gidgiddy post=131320200]

You have to bear in mind that the same USSR supported Nigeria, particularly with war planes. Why would USSR offer support to Ojukwu, only to later support Nigeria?

It is what it is. My father fought as a Bifran Soldier for three years. As far as they were concerned, it was a fight for freedom. It may not have worked out the way they wanted but time has since proved Ojukwu and my father right. Nigeria has only gone from bad to worse to fire. Ojukwu foresaw that Nigeria would never work, and he was right[ /quote]

Ojukwu did not really foresee that Nigeria would never work. He only later realized that fact as an afterthought when Ironsi was overthrown and killed. Those who genuinely foresaw that Nigeria would never work were Tafawa Balewa, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Anthony Enahoro and they therefore asked for secession clause at different times far before independence. Ojukwu and Zik on the other hand were busy chanting one-Nigeria and arguing that the unity of Nigeria was perpetual and nonnegotiable.

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by DevilsEqual(m): 10:38am On Aug 04
chiagozien:

Start getting creative with your trolls and bants

The thread is about Biafra but somehow, u are so obsessed that u had to mention your Masters

You suck at basic thing, couldn't even stay focused on a topic

18 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by gloriousprogidy(m): 10:40am On Aug 04
The writer's points are spot on . I hope this is an eye opener for everyone. This should also spur everyone to stand for justice, equity and fairness in Nigeria.
Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by DevilsEqual(m): 10:40am On Aug 04
confusedlady:

Stop these LIES!
Ifeajuna was never a part of the Benin/Ore invasion by Biafran forces!
The Benin invasion was led by Victor Banjo and Albert Okonkwo.....
You need to stop this revision now. VictorBanjo refused to proceed beyond Ore and never got to Ijebu Ode....Banjo paused his movement because Obasanjo refused to join forces with him from Ibadan and because of the mad cap conditions given to him by Ojukwu. Also Albert Okonkwo refused to proceed beyong Ore and swiftlyreturned to Benin.

https://www.nairaland.com/8148636/odumegwu-ojukwus-letter-victor-banjo

I'm glad you're here, just continue to help correcting the misinformation for future sake

Anyone could stumble on this thread, later in the decade

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by Abagworo(m): 10:44am On Aug 04
Biafra never lost a war. Igbos survived attempted cleansing by holding on for years of unwanten massacre from all angles. Some carelessness from few inexperienced military officers attempting but failed in a bloody coup was tagged as Igbo ethnic group by sponsored media turning other Nigerians against innocent people and they had no option but defend themselves from being wiped out which to me is a success. Till date that story of Biafran war is still being presented with falsehood of Igbos being rebels.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 10:45am On Aug 04
franchasng:
Igbos Must Learn from Nnamdi Kanu's Mistakes

What are Nnamdi Kanu's mistakes you may ask?

1.) He was not tactical enough

2.) His abusive nature whereby he abused Britain while holding their passport, abused USA, abused France, etc. and foolishly believed Israel's support was enough. Israel that is still fighting to secure their nation from Arab enemies, who also depend on Western world led by US for their international politicking.

3.) Nnamdi Kanu failed to realize that in this world, there are two groups that control the world, and they are:

Western World
USA
Britain
France
Italy
Germany
Netherlands
Japan
Poland
Canada
Australia
South Korea
etc etc

Eastern World
Russia
China
Cuba
Pakistan

with new allies like
Iran
North Korea
Syria
South Africa
UAE
etc

To survive in this harsh world, you must align with one of the two powers controlling the world.

Nnamdi Kanu ought to have found a way to align with Russia before coming out to dare the Nigerian government. This was his greatest mistake. He ought to have known that Nigeria belongs to the Western powers through Britain, and that there was no road there.

Instead he deceived his followers that he had enough foreign backup whereas he had none, Igbos must learn from this mistake, and future Biafra agitators must learn from this too.

[b]You need to stop these lies....

Nnamdi Kanu deceived Ibos with a phantom non existent Biafra. He issued several treasonous and seditious statements against Nigeria and encouraged murder of innocent Eastern Nigerians as well as inciting insurrection, anarchy,arson,mayhem and rebellion.
He was arrested by the Nigerian state and charged to court accordingly. Justice Binta Nyarkos court granted Kanu bail due to surties like Eyinaya Abaribe.
Kanu subsequently violated the conditions of his bail by continuing to encourage treason and insurrection and jumped bail and ran away to the UK where he continued his treason.
He continued to travel all over the world deceiving gullible Ibos while promoting his non existent Biafra while fleecing the Ibos of their money.
Finally his fraud and falsehood took him to Kenya where he had gone to meet and frolick with a paramour,where he was arrested by the Kenyan authorities and deported to Nigeria where he and his lawyers have applied all kinds of legal obstacles and legal gymnastics to prevent his trial from proceeding![/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by GeneralPula: 10:50am On Aug 04
confusedlady:

Good morning,
Be informed that your thread is under surveillance. You are advised to post only truth,although I know that may be difficult for you,knowing where you come from and your genes. Anything you post here will be fact checked and scrutinised and any falsehood or propaganda will be countered,exposed and disputed accordingly.
Accept my warmest regards.
Post only truth keh?

Person wey don first start his post with lies πŸ˜ƒ

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 10:51am On Aug 04
DevilsEqual:

I'm glad you're here, just continue to help correcting the misinformation for future sake

Anyone could stumble on this thread, later in the decade

You see this franchasofficia character is one of the most dangerous Ibo on this forum. His propensity to tell lies and revise history is just unrelenting. Despite his lies being pointed out severally he continues to proceed with these fables. Watch him start to play the victim and start calling on the name of God to support his lies.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by gidgiddy: 11:33am On Aug 04
guysbewise:
Nonsense! There was no eastern Nigeria or Biafra empire before the Europeans created Nigeria.
The Benin Kingdom with the Niger Delta and the Oyo Empire were the super powers in the south.
You cannot just decide one day you want to attack and grab other peoples regions and lands to create your nonsense Biafra which is even a Portuguese name that you grabbed also.
If you had only wanted your landlocked small piece of land then the Europeans who created Nigeria would have allowed you to go if they wanted to allow you go.

Hmmmmm......

You forget that the British attacked and grabbed people's lands in other to create the Nigeria you are in today?

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by gidgiddy: 11:43am On Aug 04
[quote author=Deadlytruth post=131320661][/quote]

People who talk about secession clause make me laugh. The British grabbed your land by force, put it in colonial project called 'Nigeria' without your consent. Now you say there must be secession clause before anyone can leave a colonial contraption they never agreed to be part of in the first place? That's laughable
Re: Why Biafra Lost The War - Lessons Biafra Agitators Must Learn by confusedlady(f): 12:07pm On Aug 04
gidgiddy:

People who talk about secession clause make me laugh. The British grabbed your land by force, put it in colonial project called 'Nigeria' without your consent. Now you say there must be secession clause before anyone can leave a colonial contraption they never agreed to be part of in the first place? That's laughable

The anarchy and insurrection you regularly encourage is moving closer to your home every day. Keep it up please....

https://www.nairaland.com/8174675/bloodbath-imo-gunmen-murder-seven

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Country Was Run Like A Vehicle With A Drunk Driver With Reckless Passagers! / Igbinedion To Return? / Nigeria: Niger Delta Gang Violence Goes Unpunished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.