Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,013 members, 7,949,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? (1387 Views)

Did Mary Give Birth To Any Other Child After Jesus Christ ? / "62-Year-Old Lady Gives Birth After 7 Years Of Pregnancy" - Facebook User Claims / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 10:54am On Aug 04
In the catholic church,they call mary mother of Jesus `virgin mary'.but in the bible matthew13:55.the bible called the names of Jesus brothers.so what still make mary mother of Jesus a virgin when she have other children?
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by illicit(m): 10:58am On Aug 04
Why will she still be a virgin after giving birth to Christ even if she had no other kids...

She lived with Joseph her husband
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Charleys: 11:14am On Aug 04
By
illicit:
Why will she still be a virgin after giving birth to Christ even if she had no other kids...

She lives with Joseph her husband

Joseph is her husband and he gast to blast too.
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by illicit(m): 11:29am On Aug 04
Charleys:
By

Joseph is her husband and he gast to blast too.

Correct....
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 11:39am On Aug 04
illicit:

She lived with Joseph her husband
I just thought that Joseph saw mary as a sacred material of God and he did'nt touch her but were it get confusing is mat13:55
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by illicit(m): 11:42am On Aug 04
Kingsempires:
I just thought that Joseph saw mary as a sacred material of God and he did'nt touch her but were it get confusing is mat13:55

Hmmmm they had kids together

James and Jose or so....
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Jiokejohn: 12:23pm On Aug 04
Unfortunately, the Holy Book did not clearly state whether Mary gave birth after Jesus Christ or not.

Matt 13:55 is not enough to substantiate any claim because we have Matt 27:56 and John 19:26-27.

Let us be mindful that many languages are not as versatile as English. Hebrew or Aramaic [Original Bible text] has no specific words for cousin, nephew, and the rest. 'Adelphos' is the word used circumlocutiously for brother, cousin, nephew, etc. and this will pose a challenge to translators. If John 19:26-27 is anything to go by, why did Jesus Christ entrust Mary to the care of John the apostle while hanging on the cross instead of the alleged brothers?

I think that Joseph never touched Mary in his life. GOD knows the end from the beginning and Mary was created for a special and perpetually undefiled purpose. Joseph as the Bible recorded was a GOD fearing man. Having been convinced by the Angel of GOD on the Immaculate Conception of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit, Mary is a spouse of GOD. By his (Joseph's) holiness and deep-rooted belief in GOD, he dares not share a wife with the Almighty.

Using the goddess princess as a case study, we can attest to the reverence and aura people accord to such sacred figures. Then, compare that to the mother of Jesus Christ who the Almighty GOD called 'GOD' in Hebrews 1:6-10. [The Almighty GOD called Jesus Christ 'GOD' in Heb 1:6-10]
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Jokerman(m): 12:55pm On Aug 04
Yes She did.

One of Jesus half brothers is James.
Galatians 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. (Paul Speaking)

Scriptures that showed that after Jesus was born, Mary has sex with Joseph and gave birth to other children, not what Catholics are preaching...

1.Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

2. Matthew 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
12:47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

3. Acts 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

John 7:3 His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.
7:4 For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.
7:5 For neither did his brethren believe in him.
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 1:11pm On Aug 04
I guess you are right
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by sonmvayina(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04
Mary did not give birth after Jesus/serapis/ Dimuzi ( light)
That's why Mary is the light bearer(mother of the light). A K.,A Lucifer.
So when the Catholics say mary is a virgin. Believe them. They know where they are coming from.
In the litany of the Virgin Mary of of her title there is the "morning star"...
Which is also the title of Lucifer in Isaiah..

They know what they are doing.
They have misled the whole world.

Christianity is about her...

The gospel came way way later. Still about ancient tales about Marduk...

If you value your life come out of her...

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 1:56pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:
So when the Catholics say mary is a virgin. Believe them. They know where they are coming from.

i'm a catholic is just that when i see mat13:55 i now get confused.i wanted to know further
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Jiokejohn: 2:03pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:
Which is also the title of Lucifer in Isaiah.

Who taught you all these?

Be careful before you feed yourself with obnoxious and false notions.
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by emperor4love(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:

go take ur drugs

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04
Kingsempires:
i'm a catholic is just that when i see mat13:55 i now get confused.i wanted to know further

The Bible is a baby of the church especially the new testament part. It is not final say. The magisterium has the final say..so when they tell you Mary is a virgin . believe them....
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04
emperor4love:
go take ur drugs

Yes... research further..

The truth hurts.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off....
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04
Jiokejohn:

The guy is a traditionalist so he did not believe in religion
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04
Jiokejohn:

I was a mass server before you where born..

I know what I am talking about...
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Jiokejohn: 2:12pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:

Can we have a civil but educative engagement with Biblical facts to your assertion on the Virgin Mary?
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:17pm On Aug 04
Jiokejohn:

Can we have a civil but educative engagement with Biblical facts to your assertion on the Virgin Mary?

Lol..

I will give you the history of Christianity before the Bible was put together...
I mean Catholicism....
Not the picture they are painting for you.
I will tell you all the masacres just to make people believe the bull shit...

Bring it on
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Jiokejohn: 2:19pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:

Lol..

I will give you the history of Christianity before the Bible was put together...
I mean Catholicism....

Bring it on
I'm interested. Please give me a summary of the history.

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:

but you should'nt have make such statement
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Emusan(m): 2:22pm On Aug 04
Kingsempires:
In the catholic church,they call mary mother of Jesus `virgin mary'.but in the bible matthew13:55.the bible called the names of Jesus brothers.so what still make mary mother of Jesus a virgin when she have other children?

Calling Mary 'Virgin Mary' isn't about her life after Jesus birth but the position she was before giving birth to Christ.

Well I presume Catholic holds the position of Mary never gave birth to another being apart from Jesus Christ, which in itself has nothing to do with Salvation brought by Jesus Christ.

That should be the most pressing issue!
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:

Lol..

I mean Catholicism....

Bring it on
Let know further from you

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 2:25pm On Aug 04
Emusan:

Calling Mary 'Virgin Mary' isn't about her life after Jesus birth but the position where was before giving birth to Christ.

Well I presume Catholic holds the position of Mary never gave birth to another being apart from Jesus Christ, which in itself has nothing to do with Salvation brought by Jesus Christ.

That should be the most pressing issue!
Hmm!!! Ok
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by emperor4love(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04
sonmvayina:

Yes... research further..

The truth hurts.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off....
no need,I hv advise u,if u like don't take it
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Kingsempires(m): 2:49pm On Aug 04
emperor4love:
no need,I hv advise u,if u like don't take it
Which advise did you give to him?
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Blue86(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04
So who are the magisterium?
sonmvayina:

The Bible is a baby of the church especially the new testament part. It is not final say. The magisterium has the final say..so when they tell you Mary is a virgin . believe them....
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by Blue86(m): 4:50pm On Aug 04
Did you even settle down to read what the man you responded to said?

He just labelled you and your faith devil worshippers. And all you could say is just what you typed below.

Kingsempires:
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by StillDtruth: 5:10pm On Aug 04
Kingsempires:

Mathew 1:25

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

First born means she had second born and the bible shows she had other borns too.
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by StillDtruth: 5:31pm On Aug 04
Jiokejohn:

That is one person who went mad from his days of drug abuse,.

Go see his threads, you would see that he is still mad.
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by StillDtruth: 5:32pm On Aug 04
emperor4love:
go take ur drugs
Drugs cannot cure this one o. He is permanently mad.
Re: Did Mary Give Birth After The Birth Of Jesus Christ ? by StillDtruth: 5:37pm On Aug 04
Kingsempires:

Same as i.

But if you would put aside catholic doctrines and read your bible solely to form your own mind independent of cathoilic doctrines, you would see what every bible follower and believer has seen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U Mocked God 2day / Lagos Votes N3.2b On Hajj / Unbelievable! Man Eats His Own poo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.