Stats: 3,183,831 members, 7,921,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:09 PM

Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? (317 Views)

Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper / Kashamu: Let’s Be Kind To The Dead, Tinubu Tells Obasanjo / Be Honest, Will You Implement The New Minimum Wage? (2) (3) (4)

Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Letdemsay02: 8:45am On Aug 05
Nairalandler's please I need your sincere contribution to this question. Why is Nigeria not developing as a nation compare to other nations of the world. Why is Nigeria retrogressing instead of progressing. Apart from Lagos and Abuja. What happen to other states in Nigeria why are they not developing just like Lagos. In 10s,20,50 years time what will be of Nigeria in terms of development.
Short story when I was young may be 10 to 13 years. In my community there is this water board that helps to run clean drinking water all over the community, but today there is nothing like that anymore. I have heard of groundnut pyramid in the north, cotton and some big industries in the North were are they today. All the northerners have rush down to Lagos to do all those jobs like okada riding, security and others menial jobs. In the south we have the cocoa, Rubber plantations, Palm oil plantations and some big industries in each of the state in the south. But today were are they. Those are the big employers of labour. Instead what do have. Our young men are into all types fraud and our girls doing prostitution. And those that had chance to travel out in search of greener pastures could not make it to their destinations. Some are subjected to an inhumane condition. In my early childhood I hear of big cities like binin,warri escravos, Zaria Kano Port Harcourt Onitsha Enugu Ibadan Abeokuta and Aba that are doing well. But today what really happened. Why are those cities dead.
In fact will I going to see a better Nigeria before I die.

Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by babasolution: 8:51am On Aug 05
There cannot be progress in a country populated by the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo these people have no glory or greatness.

They can't do anything on their own except helped by whites.

For Nigeria to progress the minority tribes or whites will have to consistently rule it
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Remman(m): 8:51am On Aug 05
OP thinks it's the US... LMAO!
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by madridguy(m): 8:54am On Aug 05
Nothing is wrong with Nigeria, it is we Nigerians that we need to check ourselves and start doing the right thing. We all have the syndrome of me, myself and myself.

If majority of us can do away with greediness that we call smartness within a year the positive result we will see will be marvellous.

Recently, a friend of mine in the food industry told me something. He said a local government chairman contacted one of his customers " A big supplier " and said they will pay so so amount into his account to supply so so amount of grains,the supplier agreed. Later in the day, the chairman called him that if they pay 100 naira into his account, he should only supply grains of 18 naira so the remaining 82 naira should be return back to him in a special account he will provide.

The supplier declined and ask the chairman to go and look for another supplier for his shady deals.
Funny thing is that this chairman is part of the new chairman Tinubu fought for their autonomy for... Now tell me what do you think such person will be doing with money when it start coming monthly.

I am surprised our media is not covering the mess in our health sector especially in the government owns general hospitals. The doctors there are so wicked that they will deliberate ask you to go for same test like three or four times and they will still be saying we have not seeing what we are looking for.
If you mistakenly go to other lab and not the one the doctor ask you to go, you just dash the lab the money because the result will not be accepted.

Same doctors will steal every drugs the government, NGO and big pharmaceutical companies donated for accident victims " emergency cases " and pack everything to their private hospitals and same person will come out tomorrow to blame others.

Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by malali: 8:58am On Aug 05
Not with these leaders.
All these generations believe that Nigerians should suffer alone.

While they live Lavish.

Its like a rich wife who still insists on taking her poor husbands money.
Even though the man barely has enough to eat a single meal.

Those are the kind of leaders we are dealing with, from Tinubu down to the last one of them.
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Gregorystarrrr(f): 9:05am On Aug 05
Answer for another day
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by chiiraq802(m): 9:06am On Aug 05
Was Nigeria ever great.

Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by internationalman(m): 9:13am On Aug 05
Greatness and development start in the mind of a person. It's mental thing.

The way an average Nigerian reasons, I'm afraid the answer to your question is no. At least for the foreseeable future.

Secondly, Nigeria and its system is like a house built on sandy foundation that is dilapidating gradually. Until it's completely dilapidated (revolution or in whatever way that happens) for a new one to be built on solid foundation (rock), only then we can begin to see development and greatness
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by ManOfMan: 10:15am On Aug 05
chiiraq802:
Was Nigeria ever great.

Please ask him o
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Ttipsy(f): 10:20am On Aug 05
Maybe giant in tribalism and religious bigotry

You see adults electing illiterates head on and you wanna be giant ??
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by EmeeNaka: 10:22am On Aug 05
There is no developed black nation. It is not just Nigeria. Black people have something wrong that is hampering her development; either culturally or genetically.
It will likely take us double what it took the whites and Asians to develop. So when you hear that it took Europe 200 years to get there, just prepare for 400 years for black world to get there.

Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Brendaniel: 11:33am On Aug 05
madridguy:
Nothing is wrong with Nigeria, it is we Nigerians that we need to check ourselves and start doing the right thing. We all have the syndrome of me, myself and myself.

If majority of us can do away with greediness that we call smartness within a year the positive result we will see will be marvellous.

Recently, a friend of mine in the food industry told me something. He said a local government chairman contacted one of his customers " A big supplier " and said they will pay so so amount into his account to supply so so amount of grains,the supplier agreed. Later in the day, the chairman called him that if they pay 100 naira into his account, he should only supply grains of 18 naira so the remaining 82 naira should be return back to him in a special account he will provide.

The supplier declined and ask the chairman to go and look for another supplier for his shady deals.
Funny thing is that this chairman is part of the new chairman Tinubu fought for their autonomy for... Now tell me what do you think such person will be doing with money when it start coming monthly.

I am surprised our media is not covering the mess in our health sector especially in the government owns general hospitals. The doctors there are so wicked that they will deliberate ask you to go for same test like three or four times and they will still be saying we have not seeing what we are looking for.
If you mistakenly go to other lab and not the one the doctor ask you to go, you just dash the lab the money because the result will not be accepted.

Same doctors will steal every drugs the government, NGO and big pharmaceutical companies donated for accident victims " emergency cases " and pack everything to their private hospitals and same person will come out tomorrow to blame others.

And you keep supporting a man like Tinubu who is behaving exactly like the local goverent chairman you are accusing because of tribal affiliation...

Not all Nigerians are bad, it is partly people like you that have kept Nigeria the way it is...
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Letdemsay02: 12:31pm On Aug 05
babasolution:
There cannot be progress in a country populated by the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo these people have no glory or greatness.

They can't do anything on their own except helped by whites.

For Nigeria to progress the minority tribes or whites will have to consistently rule it
I will disagree on the minority tribes to rule. Have you lived with minority tribes. Those tribes are the worst in Nigeria. Yes i am from the minority tribes but I will boldly say let the major tribes rule. All those communal crisis like fighting for ownership of land and allocation of big projects where do you think it always comes from. In my state in the neighboring community that my community share boundary with. Crude oil was found on their land and an oil company was built there. Could you imagine the indigenes of that community did not allow others communities surrounding them to work in that company. But their chiefs were selling out slot to other states indigenes. The fight between Ijaw and Itsekiri what do you think is the cause of the fight. Okay look at topolo and asari tokubo that where fighting the Government for the development of Niger Delta states. Today after
Achieving their selfish desires, with the billions they have acquired what are their impact on their communities where they come from.
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by babasolution: 12:35pm On Aug 05
Letdemsay02:
I will disagree on the minority tribes to rule. Have you lived with minority tribes. Those tribes are the worst in Nigeria. Yes i am from the minority tribes but I will boldly say let the major tribes rule. All those communal crisis like fighting for ownership of land and allocation of big projects where do you think it always comes from. In my state in the neighboring community that my community share boundary with. Crude oil was found on their land and an oil company was built there. Could you imagine the indigenes of that community did not allow others communities surrounding them to work in that company. But their chiefs were selling out slot to other states indigenes. The fight between Ijaw and Itsekiri what do you think is the cause of the fight. Okay look at topolo and asari tokubo that where fighting the Government for the development of Niger Delta states. Today after
Achieving their selfish desires, with the billions they have acquired what are their impact on their communities where they come from.

The best times Nigeria as had were under minority rulers,general Gowon and Jonathan, despite their shortcomings
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Letdemsay02: 12:38pm On Aug 05
EmeeNaka:
There is no developed black nation. It is not just Nigeria. Black people have something wrong that is hampering her development; either culturally or genetically.
It will likely take us double what it took the whites and Asians to develop. So when you hear that it took Europe 200 years to get there, just prepare for 400 years for black world to get there.
True. But why can't there be an evolution that will change everything about the black man for good. Atlest we were told the first human evolved from the black race and also civilization started from the black race.
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Letdemsay02: 12:45pm On Aug 05
babasolution:

The best times Nigeria as had were under minority rulers,general Gowon and Jonathan, despite their shortcomings
okay. But I still stand on my ground those tribes can't rule among themselves.
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Letdemsay02: 12:46pm On Aug 05
chiiraq802:
Was Nigeria ever great.
Atleast Nigeria where better off then compare to now.
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by babasolution: 12:48pm On Aug 05
Letdemsay02:
okay. But I still stand on my ground those tribes can't rule among themselves.

Not all minorities are like the ijaw,itsekiri, those ones particularly have the attitude of the majority tribes
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by GreenxGreen: 12:49pm On Aug 05
Yes 👍 👍👍

Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Warrior99: 1:22pm On Aug 05
Was Nigeria EVER great? undecided
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by JagabanB: 1:45pm On Aug 05
Nigerians are not a group of people that works for greatness.
The leaders in this country are a perfect reflection of majority of the people.
The leaders see politics as a quick means of making money, that's how the masses see it not as a means to serve or develop your home but to Ioot and go abroad, that's how the masses see it, the fact that the masses complain doesn't mean they are different, it's because they are the ones being affected by the negative attitude of those who got there before them.
Nigeria as a country can't be great until the average Nigerian understands that building a successful society is their responsibility.
Nigerians are always fond of saying "I don't owe anyone anything", not until Nigerians understand that you owe your society alot, greatness will never come, in 20 to 30 years time people who are not in politics today will get into politics and the country will be worse than it is already.

Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by Letdemsay02: 1:56pm On Aug 05
JagabanB:
Nigerians are not a group of people that works for greatness.
The leaders in this country are a perfect reflection of majority of the people.
The leaders see politics as a quick means of making money, that's how the masses see it not as a means to serve or develop your home but to Ioot and go abroad, that's how the masses see it, the fact that the masses complain doesn't mean they are different, it's because they are the ones being affected by the negative attitude of those who got there before them.
Nigeria as a country can't be great until the average Nigerian understands that building a successful society is their responsibility.
Nigerians are always fond of saying "I don't owe anyone anything", not until Nigerians understand that you owe your society alot, greatness will never come, in 20 to 30 years time people who are not in politics today will get into politics and the country will be worse than it is already.
Very true. I just like your contribution. There is something that is fundamentally wrong with some Nigerians sorry to use this words. Even I myself is not excepted. So what could be the problem,is it ignorance, illiteracy or lack of proper foundation in the society.
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by OntheMoon(m): 2:07pm On Aug 05
EmeeNaka:
boss, i tire
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by JagabanB: 2:21pm On Aug 05
Letdemsay02:
Very true. I just like your contribution. There is something that is fundamentally wrong with some Nigerians sorry to use this words. Even I myself is not excepted. So what could be the problem,is it ignorance, illiteracy or lack of proper foundation in the society.
The other day I was following the women's game at the Olympics and Nigeria was playing Spain, Nigerians in the comments were replying one another with "una think say una fit play Spain"?
"Una team no good at all" etc, they are removing themselves from being part of the team because it's Iosing, the women's basketball team is succeeding now, everyone's is claiming to be part of it, let's say they fail against the USA in their next game and the "una" rhetorics will come out again.
We as Nigerians should understand that we should love and cherish our home, even if u are agitating for a different country, your home is definitely going to be part of that country, love your home, cherish it, defend it, contribute to it's growth.
Nigerians don't want to contribute to the growth of something.
Our league is struggling today because Nigerians don't want to build, the league is coming up gradually now, at this rate, it will come to a point where every Nigerian will start claiming it because it has started gaining success, someone up the comments was talking about how Nigerians are all about themselves, life is not about just us, how much we make, how much we succeed and about our family, it's about our society, how much do we contribute to our society, to the individuals in it, a successful country is a collection of successful individuals, contribute to people's success, that's how we will transform our society.

Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by OntheMoon(m): 2:28pm On Aug 05
JagabanB:

The other day I was following the women's game at the Olympics and Nigeria was playing Spain, Nigerians in the comments were replying one another with "una think say una fit play Spain"?
"Una team no good at all" etc, they are removing themselves from being part of the team because it's Iosing, the women's basketball team is succeeding now, everyone's is claiming to be part of it, let's say they fail against the USA in their next game and the "una" rhetorics will come out again.
We as Nigerians should understand that we should love and cherish our home, even if u are agitating for a different country, your home is definitely going to be part of that country, love your home, cherish it, defend it, contribute to it's growth.
Nigerians don't want to contribute to the growth of something.
Our league is struggling today because Nigerians don't want to build, the league is coming up gradually now, at this rate, it will come to a point where every Nigerian will start claiming it because it has started gaining success, someone up the comments was talking about how Nigerians are all about themselves, life is not about just us, how much we make, how much we succeed and about our family, it's about our society, how much do we contribute to our society, to the individuals in it, a successful country is a collection of successful individuals, contribute to people's success, that's how we will transform our society.
hmmm
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by san4P(m): 4:00pm On Aug 05
Yes we can... and we will...
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by 9japride(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05
Letdemsay02:
[color=#006600][/color]

Solution to Nigeria problem is very simple. It will work better if regions are grouped together according to similarities in their culture, language or ideology of life.
Go to Europe and even some Asian countries, they are doing well because they share same similar way of life.
The situation in the country presently is that people treat the country as "I don't care attitude" since they have nothing to lose.
Money is being directed to the centre and from there it's shared across the country.
So when someone gets free money they will misuse it. Nothing concern them with the negative effect of oil exploration.
Finally, a lot of people are just wicked bigots especially in nairaland. These are same people that will eventually take up leadership positions in the country. And one will be expecting something different?
Re: Let Be Honest, Will Nigeria Ever Be Great Again? by NOwazobia: 4:17pm On Aug 05
No

Was it ever great before? undecided

Vote Wisely / Federal Loan!!! / Before U Vote......,.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63