Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,046 members, 7,946,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts (26455 Views)

Student Loans Will Be Disbursed Directly To Institutions – FG / Buhari Approves N75,000 Stipend For Education Students In Public Universities / Companies Offering International Student Loans To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by APCNig: 8:40am On Aug 06
Shey all you political kindergartens are seeing how 2027 Presidential election is being won far before the year? This is what we call Political Sagacity by the god of Politics
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Ironbull: 8:42am On Aug 06
Brendaniel:

But Tinubu told you clearly that he supported Buhari for 8 years so that he can become president and you did not see anything wrong that he supported a man that you claimed was bad for 8 years?

Then he further told you that he will continue from where the same Buhari stopped which he did and you did not still see anything wrong in it and still supported?

Now Buhari has turned out to be better than Tinubu and you want me to believe you know how to spot and pick a good leader?

Oh really?
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by sparko1(m): 8:42am On Aug 06
Kukutente23:

Is NYSC money a loan? Even the 30k, is it enough for NYSC never mind that the employer is expected to provide the corp member with accommodation and transport according to NYSC rules

Are you joking? Employers to provide accommodation? Really, you served where? Your father's house!

Those that provide the accommodation is so bad, there's nothing to explain, I served in Kebbi state, we were housed in an abandoned old market that goat and sheep use to live in, we had no choice because the indigens won't give house to strangers, we live at least 5 kilometres from the town in the middle of the bush, transport? Employers give 5k, that is not enough for a week, we had to walk everyday, 5 kilometres to and fro.

Before you say its 2015, my younger sister is serving in Kwara state right now and the stipend is 5k, the house provider has what do they can it, pit toilet, for a guy maybe manageable for a lady never, she had to rent an apartment for 200k trust me, fair is nothing that's at least 7 months allowee.

Student loan is not for feeding, it's assumed that you can at least feed yourself, the added feeding allowance is just a given, before you quote the United States, it is the same everywhere, it's not mandatory.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Ironbull: 8:42am On Aug 06
Brendaniel:

Is that why you will support Tinubu to keep allowing Fulani's to keep killing your people?

Oh really? Nice one.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by APCNig: 8:42am On Aug 06
tony0806:
It's when the government start collecting the loan back, that's when you people will understand the difference between 6 and half a doxen

Negativity is an incurable curse, stop it before you pass it on to your unborn generation
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by SmartyPants(m): 8:44am On Aug 06
Kukutente23:

Where did you hear that it only applies if you have a job

It's in the Act.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Kukutente23: 8:49am On Aug 06
sparko1:

Are you joking? Employers to provide accommodation? Really, you served where? Your father's house!

Those that provide the accommodation is so bad, there's nothing to explain, I served in Kebbi state, we were housed in an abandoned old market that goat and sheep use to live in, we had no choice because the indigens won't give house to strangers, we live at least 5 kilometres from the town in the middle of the bush, transport? Employers give 5k, that is not enough for a week, we had to walk everyday, 5 kilometres to and fro.

Before you say its 2015, my younger sister is serving in Kwara state right now and the stipend is 5k, the house provider has what do they can it, pit toilet, for a guy maybe manageable for a lady never, she had to rent an apartment for 200k trust me, fair is nothing that's at least 7 months allowee.

Student loan is not for feeding, it's assumed that you can at least feed yourself, the added feeding allowance is just a given, before you quote the United States, it is the same everywhere, it's not mandatory.
It is usually said that when you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book. You're a prime example.
The letter you were given to your PPA detailed what is expected of your employer and that included accomodation and transport.
All what you complain about is the fault of the state govs who are your employer in your circumstance. That's why some people have been agitating for the scrapping of NYSC. Imagine someone earning 35k living in a 200k apartment. How does that add up? That's what we're talking about
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Brendaniel: 8:49am On Aug 06
Max24:

But we have passed that stage now. We should objectively assess his performance vis. a vis his opponents in the last election. Could Atiku or Obi have done better than he is doing? Mind you I am not looking at the current inflation because it is expected that when you remove subsidy and float naira there will be inflation. But are there no gains in Tinubu's policies?

Look there is nothing to access, you guys don't really understand Tinubu, you don't know him...

He can't give what he doesn't have, it is not his nature, what you are seeing him do now he has been doing it since his youthful years..

I can tell you categorically that no other candidate among the whole presidential list would have done as bad Tinubu...

The problem is you people don't really understand what is going on...

One of the major reason why Tinubu could even become president of Nigeria was because of how Nigeria was at the time of Buhari, a good system cannot allow someone like Tinubu become president of any country...

The only way for him to keep himself in power is to further damage that system...

Just think about this, without tribal, political or religious affiliation for a second that if Tinubu with everything he has done and said and everything you know about him contested for any elective position in U.K...

Is he going to win?
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Kukutente23: 8:49am On Aug 06
SmartyPants:

It's in the Act.
Quote it
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Brendaniel: 8:57am On Aug 06
Ironbull:

Oh really?

No, unreally...

Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Peluire: 9:00am On Aug 06
tony0806:
It's when the government start collecting the loan back, that's when you people will understand the difference between 6 and half a doxen
The government should try expand the prison cause many won't be able to repay the loan

1 Like

Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by sparko1(m): 9:00am On Aug 06
Kukutente23:

It is usually said that when you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book. You're a prime example.
The letter you were given to your PPA detailed what is expected of your employer and that included accomodation and transport.
All what you complain about is the fault of the state govs who are your employer in your circumstance. That's why some people have been agitating for the scrapping of NYSC. Imagine someone earning 35k living in a 200k apartment. How does that add up? That's what we're talking about

You will call the police if they can't provide what you expect, NO! You will report back to your LI and he will send you to another PpA and if it's worse you report back again or better still REDEPLOY😂😂 by the time you find yourself in a village that you have to cross water, no light, 90% can't speak English. In my time people opted to redeploy from Taraba were posted to Kebbi state, all the good PPA already taken.

Do you know how many NYSC corpers die every year, if she fall sick, 200k might not solve her problem, it's insane but that is the reality. BTW she redeployed from Jos because of the insecurity.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Brendaniel: 9:02am On Aug 06
Ironbull:

Oh really? Nice one.

No, it is unnice...

1 Like

Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by onlinestaff247: 9:03am On Aug 06
LegendHero:
FG have started disbursing the student loan which they pay directly to the university. In addition to that, students are receiving 20k monthly for the upkeep money.

Many student have taken to Twitter to share screenshots of the alert they received and the NELFUND official Twitter page is now bubbling with events.

The fund is not available to all universities yet as it was disbursed to six university with the required approval and those starting their session.

Confused government: You're yet to finish paying NPOWER, GRANTS and CCT their outstanding balances, and you now rush into STUDENT'S LOANS.

Very soon, the government would halt the payment of this student's loans in batch 3.

The worst part of this, is that the student loan is $13 (N20,000) which would be paid in epileptic batches. What are full grown adults (undergraduates) going to do with that peanuts? To drink garri or recharge their phones in this over inflated economy?

Nigerian government hates continuity of good programs - starting what they can never finish, just to gain cheap popularity, and pocket the rest.

The more you look, the less you see.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by tony0806: 9:04am On Aug 06
APCNig:

Negativity is an incurable curse, stop it before you pass it on to your unborn generation

Ask those that collected the 700k COVID 19 loan before you come here to expose your family's level of ignorance
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by lordprogress: 9:05am On Aug 06
Goke7:

it's best international practice everywhere for govt to take back the loan once the beneficiaries start working which is after two years I learned in this case. That's a win-win for everybody.
You speak of job, does this look like a country that you can get a job within 2 years after graduation. Are you comparing nigeria to a country that has a working system.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:20am On Aug 06
LegendHero:

No it hasn’t solved all the problems. Nigeria problem cannot be solved in a day.

However, this will solve the problem of several hundred thousands of students whose parent cannot afford to pay their school fees.

It will put 240k per annum in the account of those students for upkeep.

This is a good step in the right direction.

Can one apply for the upkeep loan alone without applying for tuition loan?
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Max24: 9:26am On Aug 06
Brendaniel:

Look there is nothing to access, you guys don't really understand Tinubu, you don't know him...

He can't give what he doesn't have, it is not his nature, what you are seeing him do now he has been doing it since his youthful years..

I can tell you categorically that no other candidate among the whole presidential list would have done as bad Tinubu...

The problem is you people don't really understand what is going on...

One of the major reason why Tinubu could even become president of Nigeria was because of how Nigeria was at the time of Buhari, a good system cannot allow someone like Tinubu become president of any country...

The only way for him to keep himself in power is to further damage that system...

Just think about this, without tribal, political or religious affiliation for a second that if Tinubu with everything he has done and said and everything you know about him contested for any elective position in U.K...

Is he going to win?
I do know Tinubu and have studied him since 1999. I know many people do not understand his political philosophy which is sophisticated.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by PHAYOL81: 9:28am On Aug 06
Pleasant
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Gpower077(m): 9:34am On Aug 06
At least for the record and for the first time someone has received all this ghost loan given out by FG
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Judolisco(m): 9:38am On Aug 06
Brendaniel:

Thank God you said reduce, that means it is being solved in bits, and it can keep improving over time as long the problem solving is constant, then why is Tinubu adding more problems instead of solving, no one is saying he should turn Nigeria to America in 4 years but improve the country from where you met it instead of making it worse, I always knew Tinubu was worse than Buhari, anyone who saw through his lies and deceit would know...

All the other candidates were better than Buhari except for Tinubu, so even if anyone of them entered it would have been different today....

When I tell you guys that Tinubu was the worst candidate on the entire presidential list you people think I am just being political or just being hateful...

The problem is you guys don't match Tinubu's words with his actions...
if anyone entered and removed subsidy on the first day, it would have been the same thing happening today, only sowore promised not to remove subsidy.......tinibu's error was he tried to do everything at once, he removed subsidy on the naira and on oil.....now that we can see where he is channelling the money to, like this student loans, I have no problem......i don't trust any of the candidates except sowore, atiku has been at the helms of affairs, what did he do? obi was governor for 8 yrs and he was no better than tinubu, when tinubu was governor of lagos......obi was not even the best governor of his set...we had Babatunde raji fashola, Rotimi ameachi, even gbenga daniel....

if all the main candidates promised to remove subsidy then the result would have been the same.......
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Abee79(m): 9:51am On Aug 06
Issokay
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by zonties1(m): 9:55am On Aug 06
20k loan? i laugh in arabic grin grin grin
LegendHero:
FG have started disbursing the student loan which they pay directly to the university. In addition to that, students are receiving 20k monthly for the upkeep money.

Many student have taken to Twitter to share screenshots of the alert they received and the NELFUND official Twitter page is now bubbling with events.

The fund is not available to all universities yet as it was disbursed to six university with the required approval and those starting their session.

Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by omojeesu(m): 10:14am On Aug 06
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by omojeesu(m): 10:15am On Aug 06
LegendHero:
More of the screenshot being shared on Twitter.

In the coming days, it’s going to be in the mainstream.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMr4KG7ms/
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Joystarn00: 10:23am On Aug 06
LegendHero:
More as Unimaid started disbursing.
True talk broda
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by ThothHermes: 10:26am On Aug 06
How would they repay these loans now? I bet not up to 5% of those who receive the money will be able to repay it.
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by SmartyPants(m): 10:32am On Aug 06
Kukutente23:

Quote it

I don't have access to the new Act, as it is not yet in the public domain, however, it is well-established that it is indeed covered there (in all the same places you got your own information from):

https://statehouse.gov.ng/news/in-detail-the-student-loan-access-to-higher-education-act-2024/

https://lawpavilion.com/blog/the-student-loan-access-to-higher-education-act-2024/

You can also see Section 6.2 of the NELFUND Guidelines, which says essentially the same thing as Section 22(2)(3) of the Old Act, i.e: that payments are to be deducted by employers, and in the case of the self-employed, should be collected from no more than 10% of their profits.

https://nefl-public-assets.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/PUBLIC+GUIDELINES+FOR+APPLICANTS+FUND+UNDER+THE+STUDENTS+LOANS+ACT+2024.pdf
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by lexy2014: 10:36am On Aug 06
LegendHero:

the governance style of tinubu is to destroy the system that distributes wealth and create another system that revolves around him which involves giving out handouts and sharing money.

how is this better than fuel subsidy that was removed?
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Almunjid(m): 10:37am On Aug 06
Just by receiving 20k monthly and some people don dey sing Tinubu praises Ooo. grin
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by lexy2014: 10:38am On Aug 06
Judolisco:
if anyone entered and removed subsidy on the first day, it would have been the same thing happening today, only sowore promised not to remove subsidy.......tinibu's error was he tried to do everything at once, he removed subsidy on the naira and on oil.....now that we can see where he is channelling the money to, like this student loans, I have no problem......i don't trust any of the candidates except sowore, atiku has been at the helms of affairs, what did he do? obi was governor for 8 yrs and he was no better than tinubu, when tinubu was governor of lagos......obi was not even the best governor of his set...we had Babatunde raji fashola, Rotimi ameachi, even gbenga daniel....

if all the main candidates promised to remove subsidy then the result would have been the same.......

how is sharing money for students better than and different from providing fuelsubsidy?
Re: Student Loans: Students Confirm Payment Of Monthly Stipend In Their Accounts by Ironbull: 10:49am On Aug 06
Brendaniel:

No, it is unnice...

Really? That sound interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unilag Releases 2018/2019 Admission Cut-off (pics) / should i study agric? / Convocation Ceremony Of Nigerian Beauty Queen,who Bags 1st Class From UK School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.