Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,812 members, 7,952,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Presidential Speech That Was Not - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Presidential Speech That Was Not (199 Views)

Tinubu Just Made The Most Uninspiring Presidential Speech Ever / Dogonyaro’s Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985 / What A Pathetic Presidential Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Presidential Speech That Was Not by Infomaz(m): 6:17am On Aug 07
Fellow Nigerians, it's with a deep sense of sadness but determination that I address you today.

Sadness because of the hunger and anger in the land.

Although the fuel subsidy removal was done with the best of intention for our dear country, as we could no longer sustain the trillions being paid out, the unintended effects have necessitated a suspension of this policy.

The fuel subsidy removal is hereby suspended for six months and petroleum products prices back to their pre subsidy removal level.

Within these six months, NNPC must complete repair works on our three refineries
The goal is that together with the Dangote refinery, we shall become self sufficient in our petroleum products needs.

I have directed the heads of NNPC and NUPRC to handover to their most senior colleagues and proceed on immediate retirement.

Security

The war against banditry, kidnapping and terrorism must be won and soon. I've instructed the heads of the armed forces to draw up timelines and strategies to achieve our goals.

Failure to meet up with these set targets would attract consequence management.

The NSA under my instruction have set up a whistle blowing system where issues pertaining to the welfare of our armed forces, especially those on the field, would be brought directly to my attention

Employment

The teaming population of our youths must be positively harnessed for national development.

I have directed the establishment of large scale farms and agro-, allied industries across all the states, taking into cognizance their comparative advantages.

Government shall incentivize the private sector to explore and exploit our solid mineral endowment for the benefits of our youths.

Already established youth empowerment schemes shall be adequately funded and monitored to achieve set targets.

Cost of Governance

I am in agreement with you all that our present structure and cost of governance is unsustainable.

To this end, I've undertaken the following:

1. An overhaul of the Presidential fleet with a view to either sell off or commercialize at least two.
2. The outright sale of the president yacht.
3. Reduction by 50% of my allowances and that of my ministers.

I have directed the attorney general of the federation to in liaison with the necessary bodies, undertake a review of our national legislative structure. The aim is to operate a unicameral legislature that would run on part time basis.

I am not unaware that the aforementioned measures would be met with resistance by entrenched interest groups, bent on carrying on business as usual. I shall relentlessly pursue these reforms.

Let me sound a note of warning. While government recognizes your lawful right to protest, this right is neither a coverage for acts of arson and vandalism, nor criminal elements and enemies of state bent furthering their evil agenda.

The full weight the law, our armed forces and other agencies shall be brought to bear on them

Fellow Nigerians, I appeal to you to call off the strike immediately. Your voice have been heard loud and clear.

My government shall update you on steps taken to implement what have been said.

Nigeria shall be great again, and in our time.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

God bless you all.
Re: The Presidential Speech That Was Not by MMWandali: 6:29am On Aug 07
The speech that can't be made by an APC government
Re: The Presidential Speech That Was Not by helinues: 6:30am On Aug 07
If it's about having ideas, everyone supposed to be rich

9 Likes

Re: The Presidential Speech That Was Not by Afonjeezy(f): 6:32am On Aug 07
helinues:

Seems you're speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: The Presidential Speech That Was Not by helinues: 6:34am On Aug 07
Afonjeezy:

Seems you're speaking from experience.

Yeah, something I have been observing on this forum. Even those who couldn't make the right decisions of ordinary supporting things that are real.

4 Likes

Re: The Presidential Speech That Was Not by MadamVanessa(f): 6:36am On Aug 07
helinues:

shocked

If having idea was that simple and easy you wouldn't have been on nairaland 24/7. You would've been so busy with your life.

1 Like

Re: The Presidential Speech That Was Not by helinues: 7:09am On Aug 07
MadamVanessa:

shocked

If having idea was that simple and easy you wouldn't have been on nairaland 24/7. You would've been so busy with your life.

You have been alive on this forum to witness all the accurate analysis and predictions. You don't even have one single record over me on this forum. I dare you

7 Likes

(1) (Reply)

#Endbadgovernance Protest: DSS Detains Seven Polish Nationals In Kano / Company Director Loses N50million Worth Property To Demolition In Ogun State / Re: Attention To Mynd44

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.