Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,979 members, 7,987,501 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 11:57 AM

Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria (29094 Views)

Primary School Dropout Rate Across Geopolitical Zones (pic) / Statistics Of Out Of School Children Per Regions In Nigeria / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Zainabwhitemone(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07
No excuse for criminality
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by banku: 9:24pm On Aug 07
SouthEast stat is impressive. Great progress after the War I must say.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Zeebuy: 9:28pm On Aug 07
andy244:
In Imo state where I come from I can bet, 1 out of every 100 is not possible. It should be 1 out of every 500.

I've never seen any out-of-school child in Imo State too

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Kinoike: 9:29pm On Aug 07
Awolowo is disappointed! The man must be struggling and weeping in his grave.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Zeebuy: 9:30pm On Aug 07
nomadreporter:
It's a lie. I can say that with confidence because I worked in the agency for Non-Formal Education which gathered such statistics in my state. SW. We normally cook statistics in order to get grants from international donors. I can bet it, the total number of out of school children in SW can not reach 1%. What are they doing at home, even the poorest of the poor strive to enrol their children in private school.

This is is false. The first time in my life when I met people who couldn't speak a word of English was during my NYSC in Ogun Waterside LGA. This was something I never experienced during my years in the east. Even my late grandmother spoke pidgin english but I've never seen a child in the East who isn't schooling
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Zeebuy: 9:32pm On Aug 07
phemray:

The statistics is correct and proportional to the population of each zones. SE has the least population in nigeria and Most SE children are attending schools outside Thier zones as Thier patents migrate so much than other zones.

You're making people think you're uneducated. You should know stats like this are made relative to each other, that's why it's a percentage. It doesn't matter the population

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by casualobserver: 9:32pm On Aug 07
SirLakes:

aside lag the population of people from other tribes in Yoruba land no fit reach 20%

Either way!

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Alexis11: 9:33pm On Aug 07
omohayek:

What a lot of tribalistic nonsense. Here's one reality which never occurred to your bigoted (and clearly badly educated) mind: one reason why the SW percentage seems so high is because the region is the preferred destination of choice for the indigent from everywhere else, not just from the north but also from your own barren, overcrowded and economically moribund enclave.

Well said.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 9:34pm On Aug 07
nomadreporter:
It's a lie. I can say that with confidence because I worked in the agency for Non-Formal Education which gathered such statistics in my state. SW. We normally cook statistics in order to get grants from international donors. I can bet it, the total number of out of school children in SW can not reach 1%. What are they doing at home, even the poorest of the poor strive to enrol their children in private school.
Story
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:35pm On Aug 07
phemray:

SE are not much educated, they only interested in trading. I moved round the 5 states. They were being developed by other people, reason SE people can never survive without moving to strangers land.

UNICEF thinks otherwise

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Realjass1: 9:35pm On Aug 07
Southeast too! Today's parents have indeed failed their children.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by IduNaOba: 9:36pm On Aug 07
Kingsmeal:
Nawa o

3.7% is an insult to the south easterners, 0% should be the target please. We can do better so our children won’t mistake protest for riot .

Facts only
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by kasim155: 9:36pm On Aug 07
SirLakes:

if it was swest leading you go ask this kind jamb question?

Yes I will ask, because it seems like all this rubbish statistics is just formulated out just to cause confusion amongst the region.

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by tctrills: 9:36pm On Aug 07
Goodvibes007:

See as the mod rush the thing to FP 😂. If we post similar ones like how SE are the promiscuous, highest rate of HIV, highest terrorism e.t.c. it gets put in the dustbin of Nairaland.
I would rather come from a place where women have slept with more than one man than where kids don't go to school.
I understand you prefer your women having one partner to being educated.
It's clear that ever region has different priorities.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Zeebuy: 9:37pm On Aug 07
JuanDeDios:

It's a religion thing. 99% of non-schooling kids in the SW are either of Moslem background or people from neighbouring countries.

Absolute thrash
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Alexis11: 9:37pm On Aug 07
SirLakes:

I be omo Yoruba

na the mumuness of una carry this country enter tunubu hand

you like as the whole of South West take be like this, aside ibadan and Lagos others na village.

if you don't know that our standard has fallen na you sabi

Chinedu if you check well, you will see that the guy you replied is Igbo same way you are Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by tctrills: 9:39pm On Aug 07
samdaisi:
Okay, it shows that those guys failed to capture those children that are selling Gala in Lagos and in other regions, again it's the smallest region
If you listened to your maths teacher in secondary school, you would understand why your last argument is faulty.
Again it seems the data did not capture the millions of kids in the SW villages who can't speak a single sentence in English.

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 9:41pm On Aug 07
This data can’t be accurate. As in, 6 out of every 100 child in the South west are not going to school? Not even in my Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by tctrills: 9:41pm On Aug 07
nomadreporter:
This data was not collated by the SW. And all regions cook up stats to get grants from donors. You have no excuse.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Alexis11: 9:42pm On Aug 07
nomadreporter:

The people that jerk up that figures are the teenagers from North and East that came to "hustle" in South West, especially Lagos. SW is their "America".

South West is becoming the hub of these destitutes from other regions.

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by ojex004: 9:43pm On Aug 07
MadamRamota:
Even the four out of every one hundred in the south east is debatable. I can bet with my life that almost all the children in the east are attending school. South West is an embarrassment to the south.

Werey, waiting be Ur total populations in your 5 plot of land compare to southwest populations?
U shld be ashamed that Ur region percentage reach that self. Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 9:44pm On Aug 07
prizeless:
North West and North East together contributes a total of 73.6% out of school children. Now that's massive and a ticking time bomb
Those guys no suppose rule us normally.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Aldol: 9:45pm On Aug 07
Kingsmeal:
Nawa o

3.7% is an insult to the south easterners, 0% should be the target please. We can do better so our children won’t mistake protest for riot .
I can bet you that those out of school children in the west are of ibo extraction
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:45pm On Aug 07
Kingsmeal:

https://x.com/StatiSense/status/1820830468540866589?t=nKsBTgz1jou1R75Ivm9uRA&s=19
your statistics are fake, 70% of SE boys children are Unwa boys in various market accross the country, 45% of SE girl children in the East are house help in Lagos and other places or secretary in Igbo man's businesses shops

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07
Alexis11:

The people that jerk up that figures are the teenagers from North and East that came to hustle in South West, especially Lagos

South West is becoming the hub of these destitutes from other regions.
Eastern kids enrolled in Western schools far outnumber the Northern kids. They shouldn't even be in the same sentence.
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 9:47pm On Aug 07
Naijeriya we can do better but has been bedeviling with kwaruption
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07
samdaisi:
Okay, it shows that those guys failed to capture those children that are selling Gala in Lagos and in other regions, again it's the smallest region

Percentage nullifies the effect of absolute numbers.

The supposed Gala seller went to school
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07
Aldol:

I can bet you that those out of school children in the west are of ibo extraction
Then what would you say about the northern kids in the west?
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07
MadamRamota:
Even the four out of every one hundred in the south east is debatable. I can bet with my life that almost all the children in the east are attending school. South West is an embarrassment to the south.

When they, in their very own eyes , watch as someone, who can't call the name of the Primary school he schooled in become so popular and and respected in their region to the point that he even outsmarted them to make himself President , should tell you that Education in South West is going to degenerate so badly.....

Inshort, South West parents have a long work to do inorder to overcome this high jump set in the mindset of their wards by this man .....

Agbaro has produced a good thing and has even made some so rich that they are even mentioned in the scheme of affairs in one state....

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by spiSeyi: 9:51pm On Aug 07
MadamRamota:
Those out of school children in the South West are the South yeasterners that are selling gala inside traffic and those underage girls in some brothels
Re: Percentage Of Out Of School Children Per Zones In Nigeria by Aldol: 9:52pm On Aug 07
ceejayluv:
Then what would you say about the northern kids in the west?
Hausa leave their families behind in the north ,the men only come to do business and that's all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB Gets 7-days Ultimatum To Release Scripts For Remarking or face the court. / FUTMINNA: Jelilat Abdrasaq Is The Best Graduating Geology Student (Photo) / Iran To Build Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.