Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,630 members, 7,951,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega (350 Views)

Pictures And Video From The African Center Mexico / African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / White Americans Seeking African Roots In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 11:31pm On Aug 07
Ale is the root for the Phoenician/Paleo-Hebrew “Aleph” from where the Greek “Alpha” was derived. Ale means “they said” in the language of the Nkem Ejagham (Bakor) people.

Umega is the root for the Greek Megas/Omega  (meaning great/mighty) from where the English “mega” was derived. Umega means “you have grown (become great/mighty)” in the Nkem Ejagham language.

Because “Alpha and Omega” are the first and last letters respectively in the Greek alphabet, the expression is often interpreted as “beginning and ending”. However, “Ale Umega” provides a more accurate interpretation as it captures the essence of the Word spoken and its manifestation. 

Ale (Alpha), meaning “they said”, agrees with John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word…

”Ale => They said => The Word .
Umega => you have grown (become great/mighty).

Isaiah 55:10-11 describes the process… “As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Gbeleshi. 

-Written by Ayiranor I. Wogar
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by RedboneSmith(m): 9:08am On Aug 08
Pseudohistory makes us all dvmber.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by Olu317(m): 3:50pm On Aug 08
@ OP, Bible translation are filled with vague interpretation. So do not quote bible if you want to discuss ancient semitic Hebrew.

This is the reason the accurate name falsified as David is not known even with other derivatives as Daodu/Daod/ Dud/ which all remain wanting.

It is better to read many Classic Ancient Hebrew books an enthusiast before you can come up with what Ale means.

Ale ( Aleph ) is actually identified as Elefon as pronunced as(herlehphon) popularly known as "Bull" in English language.

Cheers
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 10:52am On Aug 09
Olu317:
@ OP, Bible translation are filled with vague interpretation. So do not quote bible if you want to discuss ancient semitic Hebrew.

This is the reason the accurate name falsified as David is not known even with other derivatives as Daodu/Daod/ Dud/ which all remain wanting.

It is better to read many Classic Ancient Hebrew books an enthusiast before you can come up with what Ale means.

Ale ( Aleph ) is actually identified as Elefon as pronunced as(herlehphon) popularly known as "Bull" in English language.

Cheers

You don’t tell me what and what not to quote.

So you think I have not read your so-called classic Hebrew? What you need brother is a decolonization of your mind. I have long passed this level of discussions.

Here you are depending 100% on Paleo Hebrew a modern language and trying to disprove Ejagham. a language spoken by those who’s ancestors were the gods referred to in the writings about ancient civilizations.

Now, to your submission…

First, Aleph is the Ox, not bull. Even the word you used there (Elefon meaning bull) is from the Nkem Ejagham word “mfoñ” meaning bull.

Ale, as earlier mentioned, is the ancient root of the Phoenician/Paleo-Hebrew word Aleph, from where the Greek Alpha was derived. Ale is an Nkem (Bakor Ejagham) word and means “they said”.
Aleph, being the first letter of the Paleo-Hebrew Alphabet is depicted with the symbol of the Ox.

Why the Ox? Renowned for its strength and endurance, the ox serves as a symbol of hard work and determination. They can use their strength to pull heavy wagons and heavy machinery. Its unwavering perseverance and ability to labor tirelessly through challenging tasks make it an emblem of resilience and tenacity.

Now, don’t these describe the power of Ale (they said/ the Word)? It will SURELY come to pass.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 11:14am On Aug 09
RedboneSmith:
Pseudohistory makes us all dvmber.

When it comes to black people’s glorious history, it becomes “pseudo” right? From what I see from your comment, there isn’t any more dumbness to add.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by RedboneSmith(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09
donnie:

When it comes to black people’s glorious history, it becomes “pseudo” right? From what I see from your comment, there isn’t any more dumbness to add.

For most of you black people, “glorious history” depends on looking for African people’s history OUTSIDE of Africa and attaching yourselves and your history to non-Africans.

You and people like you do not think Africa can have a history unless we can connect it to history outside Africa. That is pathetic and smacks of debilitating inferiority complex.

What do you know of the urban civilisation of Tichitt-Walata in West Africa that dates back to centuries BC?

Can you name one - just one - emperor from the ancient Ghana Empire?

Do you know about the ancient Bantus of the Great Lakes area that were working iron even before the Hittites?

Do you know the African cradles of agricultural innovation on the Niger Bend and the Eastern Sahel that revolutionised societies and kickstarted civilisation within Africa?

Do you know the names of the kings of Nubia that fought the advance of Islam to a standstill for hundreds of years?

Have you finished studying the achievements in arts, architecture, commerce and politics of the Mande and Songhai, the Ashanti, the Baganda, the Ankole, the Kongo, the Lunda, the Maravi, the builders of Zimbabwe, and thousands of other remarkable societies that black people developed INSIDE Africa?

No, you’re busy making up ridiculous stories about alpha and omega that belongs to non-African societies because in your inferiority-racked brain, the only way to be great is if you can conjure connections with other non-African cultures and achievements.

Pathetic.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by Olu317(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09
donnie:

You don’t tell me what and what not to quote.

So you think I have not read your so-called classic Hebrew? What you need brother is a decolonization of your mind. I have long passed this level of discussions.

Here you are depending 100% on Paleo Hebrew a modern language and trying to disprove Ejagham. a language spoken by those who’s ancestors were the gods referred to in the writings about ancient civilizations.

Now, to your submission…

First, Aleph is the Ox, not bull. Even the word you used there (Elefon meaning bull) is from the Nkem Ejagham word “mfoñ” meaning bull.

Ale, as earlier mentioned, is the ancient root of the Phoenician/Paleo-Hebrew word Aleph, from where the Greek Alpha was derived. Ale is an Nkem (Bakor Ejagham) word and means “they said”.
Aleph, being the first letter of the Paleo-Hebrew Alphabet is depicted with the symbol of the Ox.

Why the Ox? Renowned for its strength and endurance, the ox serves as a symbol of hard work and determination. They can use their strength to pull heavy wagons and heavy machinery. Its unwavering perseverance and ability to labor tirelessly through challenging tasks make it an emblem of resilience and tenacity.

Now, don’t these describe the power of Ale (they said/ the Word)? It will SURELY come to pass.
nkem kiniii ? Okay ooo you are correct .....

Bull or Ox is same.

Imagine whom I am chatting with ? You can help yourself with English dictionary..

Continue..
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 5:21pm On Aug 09
Olu317:
nkem kiniii ? Okay ooo you are correct .....

Bull or Ox is same.

Imagine whom I am chatting with ? You can help yourself with English dictionary..

Continue..

If you don’t have anything else to say, you can leave in peace before I finish you here.

Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09
RedboneSmith:

For most of you black people, “glorious history” depends on looking for African people’s history OUTSIDE of Africa and attaching yourselves and your history to non-Africans.

You and people like you do not think Africa can have a history unless we can connect it to history outside Africa. That is pathetic and smacks of debilitating inferiority complex.

What do you know of the urban civilisation of Tichitt-Walata in West Africa that dates back to centuries BC?

Can you name one - just one - emperor from the ancient Ghana Empire?

Do you know about the ancient Bantus of the Great Lakes area that were working iron even before the Hittites?

Do you know the African cradles of agricultural innovation on the Niger Bend and the Eastern Sahel that revolutionised societies and kickstarted civilisation within Africa?

Do you know the names of the kings of Nubia that fought the advance of Islam to a standstill for hundreds of years?

Have you finished studying the achievements in arts, architecture, commerce and politics of the Mande and Songhai, the Ashanti, the Baganda, the Ankole, the Kongo, the Lunda, the Maravi, the builders of Zimbabwe, and thousands of other remarkable societies that black people developed INSIDE Africa?

No, you’re busy making up ridiculous stories about alpha and omega that belongs to non-African societies because in your inferiority-racked brain, the only way to be great is if you can conjure connections with other non-African cultures and achievements.

Pathetic.

Name one OUTSIDE black people i mentioned in my OP. All of those great black civilizations were made great by people who left our land taking knowledge with them. Even Egypt was colonized and civilized by people from our land. That you have been served white people’s witchraft shouldn’t make you think you can project same here.

With all the jargon’s you claim to have learned, all you have left is self hatred, jealousy and contempt for your fellow black man (that’s if you even are one). When you are ready, you will come down from that stupid high horse, humble yourself and learn.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 5:59pm On Aug 09

Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by RedboneSmith(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09
donnie:

Name one OUTSIDE black people i mentioned in my OP. All of those great black civilizations were made great by people who left our land taking knowledge with them. Even Egypt was colonized and civilized by people from our land. That you have been served white people’s witchraft shouldn’t make you think you can project same here.

With all the jargon’s you claim to have learned, all you have left is self hatred, jealousy and contempt for your fellow black man (that’s if you even are one). When you are ready, you will come down from that stupid high horse, humble yourself and learn.

Yea, you stu.pid. Stu.pid and deluded.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 7:08pm On Aug 09
RedboneSmith:

Yea, you stu.pid. Stu.pid and deluded.

C’mon run away
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by RedboneSmith(m): 7:59pm On Aug 09
donnie:

C’mon run away

😂😂😂😂

Read an African history book today, and stop squeezing yourself into Hebrew and Phoenician and Greek histories. You don’t belong there.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09
RedboneSmith:

😂😂😂😂

Read an African history book today, and stop squeezing yourself into Hebrew and Phoenician and Greek histories. You don’t belong there.

You read books written by colonizers or their stooges and think you know something. I don’t need any of those books even though I’ve read a lot of them. Including books written in the 1500s to 1700s. You don’t have a clue about anything besides what your colonizers told you and how they told you. Even the earliest Greek and Phoenician speakers were blacks from Africa. Whites did not show up until around 500BC.

But in your ignorance you think I’m drawing conclusion from books. Go and ask Catherine Acholonu center what they discovered in Ejagham land. I was told by the curator at the Bakor monoliths site that when Prof Catherine Acholonu visited, she confessed that Ejagaham land is the place of Origin. And I am telling you today that Ejagham land is the origin of creation and civilization. That’s where the Bakor monoliths are situated.

From language, to Agriculture to irrigation etc. The first writing (Nsibidi) was created in Ejagham land and taught to their neighbors Efiks, Ibibiios and Igbos.
-Chinua Achebe.

What Ejagham actually shared was Ngbe, a whole civilization. So stop fooling yourself. You have not met my type before. And I gave you Igbo references for a reason. If you’re Edo, I can show you things you never knew. Even words you got from us.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by Olu317(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11
donnie:
@RedboneSmith @olu317

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/hSsXK35bPVXddaT7/?mibextid=UalRPS
I have seen this before and I know it is part of humanity for conquerors to rewrite history of the conquered.

But the reality is that the autochthon will always rebell,no matter how long the truth is concealed to balance the history .

Even at this rebellion, every kingdom is actually borned out of conquest. Therefore, one can assert that history written are borne to a form of manipulation at the adavantage of newcomers.

Interestingly, can we rule out conquest and assimilation from state or kingdom formation ? Hence, it is not fit to be subtle when people claim "Alpha and Omega" is an African word without concrete evidence,which is basically purely Afrocentrism.

This does not take away many loan words from one kingdoms or Empire or the other. English language as it is economic language of the world is built around Africa which include Near East language and European's.

Of a fact, many information are in circulation that proves Africa is complex and having diverse ancestry cum history even if dna are linked from one area to another.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by Olu317(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11
donnie:

If you don’t have anything else to say, you can leave in peace before I finish you here.
Finish me 😀😂😂 ? You see, I am one of the few on this platform some years back that can read who has use the adopted reconstruction of ancient hebrew ideograms with the accepted alphabets created by European scholars.

Having compare the true cognates between Ancient Hebrew language and Arabic's with Yoruba language through Arabic comparison with Yoruba language, which have been alleged to be LOANED ARABIC WORDS INTO YORUBA language. As my statement can be proven in Hebrew & Yoruba cognates or so on this "Culture" group.

Having clarified on this, it is noteworthy to first of know and identify the closest African language that European scholars suspected and compared with Ancient Hebrews language where there were flaws. Do you even know the said African language ?

Do you even know Greek "language" translators identified as Septuagint is used to translate the ancient hebrew language ? This also came with a ditch. Do you know why the translations came with challenges ?

Anyway, I do not want you to use negative words on my personality,so I leave you in peace with your oustanding research work cool
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 6:31am On Aug 12
Olu317:
Finish me 😀😂😂 ? You see, I am one of the few on this platform some years back that can read who has use the adopted reconstruction of ancient hebrew ideograms with the accepted alphabets created by European scholars.

Having compare the true cognates between Ancient Hebrew language and Arabic's with Yoruba language through Arabic comparison with Yoruba language, which have been alleged to be LOANED ARABIC WORDS INTO YORUBA language. As my statement can be proven in Hebrew & Yoruba cognates or so on this "Culture" group.

Having clarified on this, it is noteworthy to first of know and identify the closest African language that European scholars suspected and compared with Ancient Hebrews language where there were flaws. Do you even know the said African language ?

Do you even know Greek "language" translators identified as Septuagint is used to translate the ancient hebrew language ? This also came with a ditch. Do you know why the translations came with challenges ?

Anyway, I do not want you to use negative words on my personality,so I leave you in peace with your oustanding research work cool

That fake Hebrew you pride yourself in was created in the 19th century by a man named Eleazer Ben Yahiuda. Is that what you call ancient? You can go on the internet and read volumes and still be as blind and empty as anything if the ancestors do not open your eyes. Arabic, Paleo Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, English etc. all borrowed (or stole) from our languages. So do not be surprised when I show you stuff.

Bro, we are not living on in the same plain. Our ancestors civilized the world and I can prove it.

You mentioned Greek and Hebrew, assuming like you were taught in school that they were white people or that they’re the origin of philosophy or knowledge. Is this what you bring to an argument with me? They lied to you and did not tell you that the Greeks we read about in school went to Egypt to learn. And it’s our people who took knowledge to Egypt. We are the reason that land was called Kemet (I know you were told Kemet means black land, so save your preaching lol).

The Greek writer Homer wrote about the Blameless Aethopians dwelling where the sun sets (West Africa) and he said that’s where the gods went to feast. Aethiopia here is not to be mistaken for today’s Ethiopia which was called Abyssinia centuries ago. Aethiopia was used to refer to most of the land of Subsaharan Africa.

Also it is said that those who civilized Egypt came from Atlantis. They say that Atlantis is fictional, or that it was buried, but we know where it is. The Atlantic leads all the way to Atlantis. The writings about Atlantis and Sumer were about our people, even though they whitewashed them, just like they did to Bible characters. There is proof everywhere, in language, culture, oral history, artifacts, spirituality etc that we civilized the world!

And these Egyptians were black people, not half caste. Even the earliest Greeks were black before they became white. If you’re here in defense of your Yoruba tribe, also be clear about that so we don’t waste our time.
Re: The African Roots of The Words Alpha & Omega by donnie(m): 7:12am On Aug 12
Olu317:
I have seen this before and I know it is part of humanity for conquerors to rewrite history of the conquered.

But the reality is that the autochthon will always rebell,no matter how long the truth is concealed to balance the history .

Even at this rebellion, every kingdom is actually borned out of conquest. Therefore, one can assert that history written are borne to a form of manipulation at the adavantage of newcomers.

Interestingly, can we rule out conquest and assimilation from state or kingdom formation ? Hence, it is not fit to be subtle when people claim "Alpha and Omega" is an African word without concrete evidence,which is basically purely Afrocentrism.

This does not take away many loan words from one kingdoms or Empire or the other. English language as it is economic language of the world is built around Africa which include Near East language and European's.

Of a fact, many information are in circulation that proves Africa is complex and having diverse ancestry cum history even if dna are linked from one area to another.

Who are the “people” that claimed? Prove to me that this is not the first time you’re reading this about Alpha and Omega. It seems that instead of agreeing with your fellow black man, you will rather that the Alpha and Omega Christians call on is a Bull (like you said) and not THE WORD.

And what do you call “solid” evidence? To know the truth, you will first have to agree that most of what you have today as history is lies, half truths and coverups to suit an agenda. What I shared in the OP is just a tip of the iceberg and it ‘s for a reason.

(1) (Reply)

Overeem Is Situated To Capitalize On / Un-mindfulness / Attitude And Productivity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.