Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,765 members, 7,969,249 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

Lagos VS Abuja Which Is Better Overall. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos VS Abuja Which Is Better Overall. (188 Views)

Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) / Lagos Vs Nairobi / Lagos Or Abuja, Which Is More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos VS Abuja Which Is Better Overall. by Premiumbuy(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07
Premium be unto you

Hi Landers, I'm sure it's no longer news, and we all agree that Lagos is better than Abuja. Forget about hearsay Lagos is full of opportunities, I mean a lot of opportunities. From road infrastructure to good healthcare facilities and the social life of the state, one would need to publish a book to cover all the good things Lagos has to offer, not just for the people in it but for the nation as a whole. I am here to present reasons why Lagos is much better than Abuja, the capital of Nigeria.
Starting with Lagos, though people often say that Lagos is full of traffic including weekends, of course there are many options available to overcome it. You can choose from the popular Danfo (yellow buses), BRT, Okada (motorcycles), trains, and so on. Unlike Lagos, where the yellow buses are common, people in Abuja mostly use e-hailing services or taxis, which they book through their phones or flag down on the road. While Abuja does have something similar to Lagos's yellow buses, they are not as common and do not cover the entire city, which poses a challenge for those who travel along those routes. You know, Okadas are common in Lagos, especially for navigating between streets and beating traffic. However, in Abuja, they face restrictions for safety reasons, which also limits their availability, making those that are available more expensive.
When considering career opportunities, Lagos should be the first thing that comes to your mind. It's a known fact that Lagos has a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, making it the nation's commercial capital. You may have heard that Lagos is a no man's land (which is not true), but it attracts people from different tribes who come to settle down and create wealth. Apart from the fact that Abuja is the capital city of Nigeria and home to various government agencies and international organizations, which may make it easier for degree holders to get employed, an entrepreneur contemplating where to start a business would find Lagos to be the best decision especially those in the real estate sector. Its population creates a more attractive market for businesses, reaching a diverse set of customers, thereby creating opportunities for growth.
In summary, if you are to consider which state is better between the two, it’s clear that Lagos always comes first. Let me hear your opinion, though.
Re: Lagos VS Abuja Which Is Better Overall. by Premiumbuy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 07
Premium Be Unto You

Have a view of what Lagos looks like.

Re: Lagos VS Abuja Which Is Better Overall. by ibechris(m): 7:23am On Aug 08
I have lived in both cities I can verifiable tell u that I lived in Lagos for 21years and Abuja for the past 17 years.

Looking beyond ur statistics...if u want to live well,healthy and happy, no place like Abuja in Nigeria.
The air is clean compare to Lagos.

I would stop at this for now.

(1) (Reply)

Gas Tanker Explodes In Ikeja / Driving To ONITSHA From NNEWI In Anambra State / Nigerians without NIN to be denied passports, driving licence, NCC warns as dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.