Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,109 members, 7,949,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral (29592 Views)

Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men / Judicial Officer Suspended For Wearing ‘short Dress’ To Work / Ugandan Court Clerk Suspended For Dressing Too "Sexy" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by officialwdhtv: 8:17am On Aug 08
Immigration officer suspended after video of him asking a tourist to find him ‘anything’ went viral.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrIb90BAYI

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by Abeltsado4(m): 8:53am On Aug 08
Issues

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by ElevationD: 9:16am On Aug 08
Very old and disgraceful practice.

They only mentioned what tourists experience at the hands of the shameless immigration officers, who in their positions do not know that the airport is the door into the country. They only talked about what is experienced at the counters. We should also talk about the experience while exiting aircrafts. All those “welcome” are not heartfelt, but borne out of their greedy desire to rip everyone, including Nigerians off.

First time travelers receive horrors from immigration officers. With accusations of holding fake passports/visas to not seeing your face on their screen, just to rip you off.

A few years ago, on arrival, an immigration lady told me that my face did not show up on her screen. I asked her what she meant and she asked me to stand aside while she attended to other disembarking passengers. Having spent over 10 minutes waiting and the crooked lady did not attend to me, I went back to her. I had just returned from Dubai, India and Malaysia. She saw the visas on my phone and I had used it to passport severally. When I started screaming, she called her boss, who then asked her what the problem was. When she gave her stupid story, her boss asked her to screen the passport again, right in my presence. Instantly my face came up and her boss apologized. I asked her to immediately apologize to me otherwise I would embarrass her instantly. She immediately apologized for her attempt to fleece me.

Airports and border points are crooked areas for men and women in uniform to financially fleece everyone, irrespective of country or status. I hope the current internal affairs minister can clean up the mess.

198 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by CrownOfClay724: 11:00am On Aug 08
Way to go.

Until actions like this are taken to deter further occurrence, extortion will never end in Nigeria.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by UselessBuharist: 11:16am On Aug 08
This abeg cut for me mentality grew up with some people, they will never see anyone eating without wanting to taste from it if you like put spit dem go chop am

I was extorted at the Jomo Kenyatta Int Airport in 2017 because of our useless airport official. The police said I must part with something else he won’t allow me out of the airport. According to him, he was on an official visit to Nigeria in 2013 and he was extorted by our airport official. He said they asked him for Kola so since then he has made sure Nigerians give him kola whenever and wherever he sees us

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by epondudu: 11:34am On Aug 08
No be today.....
Nothing will ever change until the leaders change.
Person dey collect 500m for just sitting and doing nothing all in the name of representing while the other will stand at the airport for hours watching as the children and families of the same Honourable move in private jets.. Nigeria's problem is beyond prayers.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by APOPTOSIS: 12:31pm On Aug 08
Displaying unprofessionalism in a professional uniform without recourse to the shame he would be bringing to us all. Until we start hanging such idiots publicly, nothing will change.
But that's far from happening.

You can't give what you don't have.
He was raised that way, hence the antecedents.
Where are the agents of change in that country.
Probably nowhere to be found.
Even those in diaspora can't return to effect any meaningful change because of the overwhelming Armageddon across the entire nation.

Who will salvage this awful situation?
He's not the only one in this, he was just unlucky.
Professional conduct in Nigeria is like a mission to the sun. We can't continue like this.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by obi4eze(m): 12:53pm On Aug 08
This is very common at the airport, especially MMIA. Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport is now becoming notorious though.

I had to transfer 5k to the Immigration guy who was scanning my luggage before I boarded the last time I visited this year. He was so persistent
even when I told him I had no cash.

Corruption is ingrained in every fabric of the public service system in Nigeria.

It is so disgraceful and embarrassing.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by LordIsaac(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08
This same man begged me three weeks ago and I genuinely promised to find him something when I return. Eya...anyways, truth is it's not professional!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by safarifarms(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08
Serves him right.
You work at the point of entry into the country. You are the 1st impression of visitors to the country and whatever you do there impacts the image of whole nation. You should behave well for the sake of the country.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by DatoDatuk: 1:58pm On Aug 08
LordIsaac:
This same man begged me three weeks ago and I genuinely promised to find him something when I return. Eya...anyways, truth is it's not professional!

They beg a lot. There is one at MMIA too with scar at the back of head. That guy is a thief. He can make newbies miss their flight if they "no shake body". Terrible lots

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by RealityKings: 2:23pm On Aug 08
LordIsaac:

It strange because he is employed. Begging is very hard... Why would a man have a job and still beg?

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by Abee79(m): 6:12pm On Aug 08
RealityKings:

It strange because he is employed. Begging is very hard... Why would a man have a job and still beg?
Either the renumeration is poor, or he is greedy. His this doesn't justify his unprofessional conduct sha 😞💔💔

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by princepeter566: 6:21pm On Aug 08
Same way Nigerians will suspend tinubu soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by RealityKings: 10:15pm On Aug 08
Abee79:

Either the renumeration is poor, or he is greedy. His this doesn't justify his unprofessional conduct sha 😞💔💔

Eyaa we all make mistakes

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by Abee79(m): 10:44pm On Aug 08
RealityKings:

Eyaa we all make mistakes
That was a costly mistake, and he's become the scapegoat

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by ZaddyJ: 3:46am On Aug 09
Serves him right . If he goes home now let him go watch the video of him shamelessly seeking money from a tourist he should ve assisted to find his way out of the shithole airport.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by Sonofgod1990(m): 7:03am On Aug 09
Village people finally picked his calls...yeye and hell anuS

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by emnite(m): 7:39am On Aug 09
Una no dey pay am well abi na wetin?
Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by mytime24(f): 10:02pm On Aug 09
Na who them catch b thief 🫤

A whole Assistant superintendent begging for bribe 👎

Something wey don dey happen since B.C

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by Racoon(m): 10:02pm On Aug 09
An officer on uniform openly and shamelessly soliciting for bribe. No fear or concern for public probity or accountability. This is why corruption is morbidly entrenched in the Nigerian system and institutions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by orikoku: 10:03pm On Aug 09
I pity his family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by numericalguy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 09
I hope the others can learn a lesson from this.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by Lexusgs430: 10:04pm On Aug 09
Nigeria is tough....... People need extra to survive...... A failure on the part of the government.....

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by zanjorrg(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09
GFH
Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by jojothaiv(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09
Favoured231:
The current situation of things is not even helping matters
Understandable?

But then let's be real and good people for once

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by OgaTheTop2: 10:06pm On Aug 09
smiley
Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by Melagros(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09
COMRADES, the officer is mumu
Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by DrAda(f): 10:11pm On Aug 09
Suspended or dismissed?
Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by NaijaCover(m): 10:11pm On Aug 09
Hmmmmmm
Re: Immigration Officer Suspended After Video Of Him "Begging" A Tourist Went Viral by stunnert(m): 10:11pm On Aug 09
E be things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / What Can One Do With N42k Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.