Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,294 members, 7,920,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:24 PM

43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job (7214 Views)

WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Osun State Teaching Hospital / UNILAG Will Only Admit 8,000 Out Of 32,000 Applicants - VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by MrLibrarian(m): 10:25am On Aug 09
Mindlog:

I hear that a lot....from my psychiatric patients, so no hard feelings. cheesy
your signature says it all.
Guess your problem is 100% psychological.
Get help soon kobojunkiee
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by Mindlog: 10:31am On Aug 09
MrLibrarian:
your signature says it all.
Guess your problem is 100% psychological.
Get help soon kobojunkiee

My daily bread is tied to the psychological interventions I was trained and accredited to offer.....so when are you due for your MSE (Mental Status Examination)? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by happney65: 10:41am On Aug 09
laurel03:
Since 1999 no governor that dnt do recruitment of teachers in Oyo state... Even I know lot of people that are still working that got the works during Ajimobi era. The 1k that Ajimobi introduced was good policy just to maintain each school with Students Government Body now most of public school are nothing to write about... Now most schools are collecting money codedly and let me remind you Ajimobi paid for waec in first term for students in Oyo state which GSM never do.

It wasn't a good policy. It added to the high number of out of school children in oyo.

And wait,if truly it worked for 8years, it was just 5 years ago isn't it? So why did seyi inherit bad schools all about. Why? Sebi 1K worked for 8years? You're not even talking about 10,000 per student. 1K?

And if Ajimobi paid waec fees in his first term,why didn't he pay throughout his whole 8years? Why was it just a year or two? Why did Oyo had the highest number of out of school children under him?

Why was Lautech shut for a year? Today Lautech belonged solely to Oyo state with a extental campus in Iseyin. All in a 4year period.

As in the same Lautech Ajimobi told them to go to Hell and go fvck themselves. With Tinubu as Chancellor of Lautech then

You people should go and hide your faces in shame
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by BABANGBALI: 10:41am On Aug 09
It's because the exam was wroted in English.
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by Musauzor(m): 11:02am On Aug 09
Cindypresh:
43,000 failures out of 52,000 shocked

That's 82% massive failure...the quality of education is dwindling.

In the South-west. Be specific.
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by wunmi590(m): 11:22am On Aug 09
laurel03:
it was CBT that caused the mass failure because most people that applied dont bothered to practice before the exam

Why will a supposed graduate not know how to use basic computer tools?

Majority of today's university are now doing some exam via computer, so what's stopping them from putting more effort to learn the basic..

Nobody thought me how to use computer, I can say it anywhere, I used to work in a cyber cafe, that was when it was rampant, that was how I saw people logging in yo computer and after we have closed, I sit on empty computer and that's how i learn how tobuse computer...

Most applications being used in office like excel and all the Microsoft tools. Nothing I don't know...
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by wunmi590(m): 11:24am On Aug 09
Strokes:
My concern is this; most of those people that failed are already teachers in some private schools most likely. Only God knows what they're teaching those poor children.

You are not far from the truth bro...
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by wunmi590(m): 11:25am On Aug 09
Lifestone:

What is this one saying?

Don't mind the guy, he's part of the people that failed, he just don't want to admit it..

I know some people who passed, the highest among them is 76
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by wunmi590(m): 11:27am On Aug 09
Doyenro23:

Netpay isn't upto 50k basic salary was 36/35
when I did the calculations

Ah, that's very poor then..

How do you want to get the best out of teachers when you are paying them peanut, what the difgbetween them and some private schools, apart from ONLY job security...
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by Doyenro23(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09
wunmi590:

Ah, that's very poor then..

How do you want to get the best out of teachers when you are paying them peanut, what the difgbetween them and some private schools, apart from ONLY job security...

They keen applicants with pension shit after 10yrs I was opportunite to access there salary scheme and payment method i couldn't stop laughing

Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by babtoundey(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09
AntiChristian:

No! I didn't conclude!

And it's just only one of my opinions!

The bar should be raised for all educational courses!

But remains the foundational problem of poor teacher trainees in Nigeria.

Go and check the cut off marks for education-related courses and you'll see what I'm saying!

Well you're right. But, I will say poor standard is not limited to just courses related to education. It cuts across board. The entire system of education in the country needs serious overhauling. Gone are the days when your 240s, 250s, 280s scores in JAMB were really not enough. I remember we do tag people with 200 as "oriyomi" (a phrase that roughly translates to "a narrow escape"wink. In this present day Nigeria, a good number of Nigerian Universities; State, Federal and private put 150, 160, and 180 in JAMB as their admission benchmarks. Check the current JAMB questions and syllabus and compared it to what was attained few years back, you will see how watery it is. That's where the rot commences. What more, admission granted on the bases of influence and connection is not rare. Irrespective of your grade, as long as you know someone who counts, you are merited to be admitted for any course of your choice.

Getting admission into different fields of study is not as competitive and stringet as it used to be. The bar is not lowered, it's been removed entirely.
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by wunmi590(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09
Doyenro23:

They keen applicants with pension shit after 10yrs I was opportunite to access there salary scheme and payment method i couldn't stop laughing

Omo, this is very very poor 😢
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by ShoeGetSize: 1:15pm On Aug 09
So on top all their nonsense when they blocked UI roads, they still failed massively like this😡
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by SaturnNick(m): 1:39pm On Aug 09
Thought that's the center of learning
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by nurudeen181(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09
Cindypresh:

the quality of education is dwindling but again do you know that our own attitude towards education is bad. we want the easy way. most people will tell you i dont like maths but if you ask them what they like and ask them simple questions in it, they dont know. so with the best educational practices, you wont force book into peoples head.
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by nurudeen181(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09
Unittyy:

The result was manipulated to stop large number of people from advancing to the next stage.
based on your own assumptions
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by femi4: 5:54pm On Aug 09
Cindypresh:

Why cbt....they are not used to it. They should organise mock for them introducing them to cbt
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by AntiChristian: 5:17am On Aug 10
babtoundey:

Well you're right. But, I will say poor standard is not limited to just courses related to education. It cuts across board. The entire system of education in the country needs serious overhauling. Gone are the days when your 240s, 250s, 280s scores in JAMB were really not enough. I remember we do tag people with 200 as "oriyomi" (a phrase that roughly translates to "a narrow escape"wink. In this present day Nigeria, a good number of Nigerian Universities; State, Federal and private put 150, 160, and 180 in JAMB as their admission benchmarks. Check the current JAMB questions and syllabus and compared it to what was attained few years back, you will see how watery it is. That's where the rot commences. What more, admission granted on the bases of influence and connection is not rare. Irrespective of your grade, as long as you know someone who counts, you are merited to be admitted for any course of your choice.

Getting admission into different fields of study is not as competitive and stringet as it used to be. The bar is not lowered, it's been removed entirely.

As low as that is you'll find 100 or less scores for NCE courses! I agree education generally is being watered down.
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by laurel03(m): 11:01am On Aug 10
happney65:

It wasn't a good policy. It added to the high number of out of school children in oyo.

And wait,if truly it worked for 8years, it was just 5 years ago isn't it? So why did seyi inherit bad schools all about. Why? Sebi 1K worked for 8years? You're not even talking about 10,000 per student. 1K?

And if Ajimobi paid waec fees in his first term,why didn't he pay throughout his whole 8years? Why was it just a year or two? Why did Oyo had the highest number of out of school children under him?

Why was Lautech shut for a year? Today Lautech belonged solely to Oyo state with a extental campus in Iseyin. All in a 4year period.

As in the same Lautech Ajimobi told them to go to Hell and go fvck themselves. With Tinubu as Chancellor of Lautech then

You people should go and hide your faces in shame
The 1k Oyo introduced then to support development and Oyo state dnt colloect it as revenue but created SGB for each school.. The money is just same with PTA money. Free education is totally rubbish in Naija now except we want to decieve ourselves.. GCI, Loyola and other good school in Oyo state continue paying for better education.
Why Seyi did even pay free. WAEC for once? and to remind you students are free to enter Ajumose bus either private school or public school students freely in Oyo State.
Ajimobi built some model school.. Even the only free text book seyi distributed in Oyo state for once was printed during late Ajimobi era.. Aside the first year he gave free text book and note book when last they gave text book for students in Oyo State??
Ajimobi might not get it right for Lautech issue but he still established Technical University also..
But abolishment of 1k per term should not be called free education by GSM.. They are paying for Waec, books , Transportation etc and Most of the public schools dont get money for thier needs and repair of important things in school like when SGB was functioning..
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by happney65: 11:49am On Aug 10
laurel03:
The 1k Oyo introduced then to support development and Oyo state dnt colloect it as revenue but created SGB for each school.. The money is just same with PTA money. Free education is totally rubbish in Naija now except we want to decieve ourselves.. GCI, Loyola and other good school in Oyo state continue paying for better education.
Why Seyi did even pay free. WAEC for once? and to remind you students are free to enter Ajumose bus either private school or public school students freely in Oyo State.
Ajimobi built some model school.. Even the only free text book seyi distributed in Oyo state for once was printed during late Ajimobi era.. Aside the first year he gave free text book and note book when last they gave text book for students in Oyo State??
Ajimobi might not get it right for Lautech issue but he still established Technical University also..
But abolishment of 1k per term should not be called free education by GSM.. They are paying for Waec, books , Transportation etc and Most of the public schools dont get money for thier needs and repair of important things in school like when SGB was functioning..

At times I call the current crop of APC people "Fake awoists". Because Awolowo will be in his grave shaking his head. How can you call free education rubbish? How? Do you know what Education does? It brings you from darkness to light.

It was Ajimobi's 1K levy that made Oyo to have the highest number of out of school children. People who cannot even afford 1K had their kids drop out of school. I didn't even believe their are some people that could not afford it but yes about 200K people could not afford it and their kids left school to start a life of wondering and selling from child birth.

Like I said,Primary and secondary should be totally free. Tertiary can be expensive. It is lack of Education that us making the North a Haven for Islamic Terrorism and the likes. It is. An educated society won't do that nonesense.

I still refer to what I said earlier,How do you have a House you haven't completed with reptiles living with and you go start to build another. It makes no sense at all.

You leave Lautech and go and meet the private to come and build another one. By the way,I hope you know Oyo has just about five percent stake in the technical university and it is not 100percent owned by Oyo. So what are you saying?

The 1K only added to the high rate of out of school children. It is not Oyo state or Ibadan,The city Awolowo declared Free Education that should have children out of school because they don't have money to pay for class.

NO,NEVER!

P.S. Public school students still enter Ajumose and Omituntun buses for free. I once entered Omituntun from the challenge park and they stopped at Saint Anne's to pick students for free
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by laurel03(m): 1:40pm On Aug 10
happney65:

At times I call the current crop of APC people "Fake awoists". Because Awolowo will be in his grave shaking his head. How can you call free education rubbish? How? Do you know what Education does? It brings you from darkness to light.

It was Ajimobi's 1K levy that made Oyo to have the highest number of out of school children. People who cannot even afford 1K had their kids drop out of school. I didn't even believe their are some people that could not afford it but yes about 200K people could not afford it and their kids left school to start a life of wondering and selling from child birth.

Like I said,Primary and secondary should be totally free. Tertiary can be expensive. It is lack of Education that us making the North a Haven for Islamic Terrorism and the likes. It is. An educated society won't do that nonesense.

I still refer to what I said earlier,How do you have a House you haven't completed with reptiles living with and you go start to build another. It makes no sense at all.

You leave Lautech and go and meet the private to come and build another one. By the way,I hope you know Oyo has just about five percent stake in the technical university and it is not 100percent owned by Oyo. So what are you saying?

The 1K only added to the high rate of out of school children. It is not Oyo state or Ibadan,The city Awolowo declared Free Education that should have children out of school because they don't have money to pay for class.

NO,NEVER!

P.S. Public school students still enter Ajumose and Omituntun buses for free. I once entered Omituntun from the challenge park and they stopped at Saint Anne's to pick students for free
which out of school students 1k added to... that is the propaganda of the present day govt... are they not paying stylishly in public school now what GSM is providing for the school presently people that dnt have 1k are still paying for Waec fees and buying uniform and books for their children The 1k is not even for govt but for SGB which was old PTA. Public school management worst under this present administration in Oyo State that just the fact... awoist or Apc are citizens also and you the pro GSM data boys doesn't like criticism against the over hyped media governor
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by happney65: 4:42pm On Aug 10
laurel03:
which out of school students 1k added to... that is the propaganda of the present day govt... are they not paying stylishly in public school now what GSM is providing for the school presently people that dnt have 1k are still paying for Waec fees and buying uniform and books for their children The 1k is not even for govt but for SGB which was old PTA. Public school management worst under this present administration in Oyo State that just the fact... awoist or Apc are citizens also and you the pro GSM data boys doesn't like criticism against the over hyped media governor

There you have it. Because of the 1K Levy under your administration,Oyo had over 400K out of school children. Am I surprised? Capital NO. When you even said free education is rubbish.

People who if not for free education would have been an illeterate meat seller at oja oba but because they got free primary and secondary education they can start looking down on others.

Im not surprised. When Lautech was shut down for a year and students told to go fvck themselves with complains of no money. Yet someone came in and solved Lautech problem within a year.

I'm not surprised. You collect 1K,we had the highest number of out of school children, salaries and pensions were not paid,old pensioners used to queue for handouts at their radio station at agbarigbo and Ajimobi also told them to go to hell

In his words "He even classified them as dead people.

You all should go and cover your faces in shame.

We are on a thread discussing seyi recruiting for both Subeb and Tescom at the same time. When you were in power,na 1K una dey collect all about, No Primary school recruitment, nothing nothing

Primary and secondary school education. Zero

Tertiary too was closed for a year. Zero.

Infrastructure too,Zero. Barely did 50KM road in 8years

Ki ni e wa shey gangan afi lies and propaganda

Shior

Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by Cindypresh(f): 11:48pm On Aug 10
Oseone1:
And the seller with the reader sef

😂
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by Mcdaniels06: 4:02am On Aug 11
You people and this your salary desires. The 9-to-5 grind isn’t for everyone. As a Realtor or Real Estate Consultant, you have the freedom to set your own schedule. Want to work mornings or late evenings? The choice is yours. This flexibility allows you to manage your time effectively, pursue other interests, and create a balanced life while building your career.

I'm offering you an opportunity as a real estate consultant, and make yourself a lot of money, within a short while, but you will put in small work o. But if it done for you, it will pay you in one week what the teaching job pay you in 2years.

My Name Is Daniel, A Sales Expert and Admin Executive For Two Big Real Estate Firm In Lagos, Nigeria.

I Want To Introduce To You, This Powerful Marketing Material.

The Real Estate Income Generator Course (RIG)

It's Practical Narrations Of How Me and My Team Made Millions of Naira In Less Than 1year, Using These Powerful Marketing Skills.

I’m So Excited To Share With You Real Life Experiences From This Real Estate Business, That Could Transform Your Real Estate Career, and Boost Your Income Beyond What You Can Ever Imagine.

Or If You're An Existing Realtor, But You've Been Struggling To Making Sales or Close Deals With Your Prospects, Then This Video Material Is For YOU.

Real Estate Income Generator (RIG)

#Realestateconsultants #Realestatebusiness #Realestateinvestment #RealEstateIncomeGenerator

See you in the course 👉 https://tally.so/r/w5LxBo

Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by RealLordZeus(m): 7:05am On Aug 11
happney65:

You see the rot in public education in fairness to ajimobi didn't start under him but he barely did a thing. He only wanted to push his inefficiency in public education to the people.

I'm happy that you mentioned non availability of teachers. Ajimobi did 8years and he didn't do any recruitment. Today seyi has done over 22K

5000 for secondary school teachers in his first term
7000 for primary schools. The last time primary school recruitment were done was during ladojas tenure in 2003. Over 20 years ago. Do you know how many people would have retired then

Another 10,000 again for secondary and special schools. If Ajimobi had even done half of the recruitment seyi is doing,you know it would have gone a long way. Maybe you should put sentiments aside and look at the facts.

Schools under Ajimobi were also heavily dilapidated. He was just building three models schools when we had those that were spoilt. What is the essence of building a new house when you haven't completed the one you are living. It makes no sense

Today Seyi's investment in education no administration has surpassed it since 1999. It is only Bola Ige that has surpassed seyi in investment in education.

Still yet there is still so much more to be done. Today the renovation of schools have started apart from the ones done last year. With even the World Bank helping with a grant of 3.5Billion naira
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/world-bank-grants-oyo-n3-5bn-to-renovate-105-schools/%3famp
1. Recruitment of 17,000 at a whoop in this period of economic meltdown

10,000 secondary and special schools
7,0000 for Primary school. The last time Primary school were done was 2003. Ajimobi never did Primary school Recruitment,all he was doing was complaining of no funds while no paying pensions and even owing salaries

See,The 1K then did nothing. It only increased the amount of out of school children because yes there are some people that cannot even afford to pay that 1K sef.

Today,what is the issue in the North? Illiteracy. Do we have a mass of uneducated people because they cannot? Capital NO.

In Europe and America,Primary and secondary schools is free. Totally free so that no child will stay at home because of fees. It is tertiary education that is expensive

I was born in the 80's and never attended a public primary school because even at then public primary schools were a sore. I only attended a public secondary school. During Ajimobi period,if you see a school that is well taken care of,it is the old students that were doing it.

Yes,it is the Old students. I know because my mum retired from saint Anne's Secondary school in 2020.

The 1K barely did a thing in school infrastructure. It only added to the high rate of out of school children in Oyo state

Period

Chairman, It will be hard for you to see my perspective because from the onset of this debate, I already knew you did not pass through public secondary school so as to know how it was before and not even on ground to know how it is presently.
If we all go by Government praise singers, Nigeria is an eldorado and on par with developed worlds
Re: 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job by Debuzz: 12:45am On Aug 12
I'm sorry, are the scores on the CBT results based on the score versus the total mark? For example 30/50? Or the score is based on percentage. I am confused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2017 / What Is The Difference Between WAEC And WASSCE / Jamb Registration/ Fingerprint Scanner

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.