Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,232 members, 7,964,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:01 AM

Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition (27402 Views)

Chidimma Adetshina Crowned Miss Universe Nigeria 2024 / Chidimma Adetshina Officially Joins Miss Universe Nigeria As Miss Taraba. / Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Mikelangelo: 2:32pm On Aug 08
Very honourable of her.

Is it just me cos I don't understand why she doesn't even have one South African name in all her names atleast.

3 Likes

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by MrFact: 2:34pm On Aug 08
She allowed it reach this far? Chaii maybe she would learn. Nigeria: A country filled with natural resources and intelligent people allowing themselves to be embarrassed. Instead of us to find a way and make our country better.

4 Likes

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:34pm On Aug 08
Her mother's failure to get rid of skeletons in her closet is what she is suffering from.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by spiSeyi: 2:35pm On Aug 08
CriminalTinubu:
They have threatened to jail the mum and deport her.

Now where is Abike Dabiri the useless, black lipped, head slamming bride of agbado munchers?
Nothing concern Abike with this because they claimed to be SA and not Nigerians undecided . Abike is only responsible for Nigerians in diaspora

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by azpekuliar: 2:35pm On Aug 08
God1000:
Better for her mental health and sanity

A society that still worship White people and always in moral panic when it comes to fellow Africans.

Yes they defeated Apartheid by worshiping white people indeed. If they behaved like Nigerians she will even contest for presidency (with her questionable identity) and win. Jokers.

2 Likes

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by pocohantas(f): 2:36pm On Aug 08
She looks like them though. Minus her name, she looks more SA than Nigerian.

Does anyone know why she is Chidimma and Adetshina? I am guessing her Mom is "SA" and the dad is Nigerian. Why does she have two Nigerian tribes featuring in her name?

Her ancestry is confusing. I don't believe any full-blooded Nigerian man would spell Adesina that way.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by FreeStuffsNG: 2:37pm On Aug 08
She did the next honourable thing in my opinion. I have been wondering if the name Adetshina itself is even Nigerian let alone reading that her father is Igbo. Which Igbo bears Adetshina The closest Nigerian name to it is Adeshina and that's a Yoruba name! In Yoruba, Adeshina means "the crown/royalty has paved the way for goodwill/ good fortune"
Please what does Adetsina mean in Igbo o? I will love to know please. Is this lady even Nigerian sef? 😳

It's just the case of the more you look the less you see. Is she even Nigerian just the same way the mother has been exposed to be from Mozambique.

I don't think she was disqualified only because of her non South African identity, it is the messy controversy over her identity. So much confusion, even her marriage status is not clear as she claimed to be divorced but husband is posting on his private social media handle their recent happy pictures celebrating together as a couple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by CJStarz: 2:38pm On Aug 08
She has become more popular than whoever the eventual winner may be

4 Likes

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Mikelangelo: 2:38pm On Aug 08
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Stop blaming South Africa. It's well understood that she's not a South African hence the hate of south Africans towards her can be justified.

I am telling you, inside Nigeria that she's from, the same thing would've happened assuming she tries contesting as Miss Lagos. I am not joking, you'll see that innocent girl being tagged IPOB terrorist just because she aspired to contest as miss Lagos.

So I laugh hard when I see Nigerians being all emotional about this online and all that when they know that, that's the same treatment she would've received here.

They would've insulted the living hell out of her tribe because she tried contesting as Miss Lagos.

You're very correct my dear.
Don't go too far, during the last gubernatorial election in Lagos, something similar to this happened...so what are we even saying.
I am sure this same thing will happen to any part of Nigeria whether East, South, West, or North.

2 Likes

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by spiSeyi: 2:38pm On Aug 08
Emperormartin:
Even if she's contesting miss Lagos the indigenes won't still allow her to progress because of her name...

Check what happened to gbadebo Chinedu vivor.

The truth is that in Africa we haven't grown pass tribalism.

I now laugh at Africans talking down on Europeans on racism. We haven't really removed the log in our eyes.

Tribalism is too deep in Africa. It's a pity

And Joe Igbokwe worked as top public office holder in Lagos, Igbo woman was Ondo state First lady, River state is Oyo state first lady , what will never happen in SE in the next millennia. As for GRV we omoluobis don't tolerate anyone who disrespect our lineage (go and check his anti-yoruba post on X) bcs we believe that such is a b*stard and b*started has no place in odudua's palace

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by daniwise(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08
QUITE COMMENDABLE.IM SURE THIS BABE DID NOT GROW IN NAIJA,NO SANE NAIJA PERSON BEHAVES LIKE THIS.WE WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVOURS.I'M SURE MOST WELL TO DO NIGERIANS WILL COMPENSATE YOU IMMENSELY FOR THIS COURAGEOUS ACT OF SELFLESNESS.I ONLY WISH OUR SELFISH CRIMINALS PARADING THEMSELVES AS LEADERS CAN EMULATE YOU.I SALUTE YOU.

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by bluefilm: 2:39pm On Aug 08
Good for her
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by NaijaPrince18: 2:39pm On Aug 08
Mikelangelo:

You're very correct my dear.
Don't go too far, during the last gubernatorial election in Lagos, something similar to this happened...so what are we even saying.
I am sure this same thing will happen to any part of Nigeria whether East, South, West, or North.
What happened exactly other than chinedu Rhodes losing the election by double votes? It’s not as if he was forced to drop out despite cosplaying as a lagosian

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by donrexhibites(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08
You're part of the problem.
Why did you start the article by calling her Nigerian and neglecting to mention she's also South African.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Treasure17(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08
Good for her.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by 99thEnemy(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08
DevilsEqual:
Thats fair

Twain once said " The world should end if the most patriotic American is a Chinese and the Face of Great Britain is an Aussie"

Its a shame, if the most beautiful South African is a Mozambican-Nigerian lady

But say she reach this stage sef mean say dem worwor for that country o. In my street here, there are 10 finer ladies from this first to fifth Nepa pole

How did she get to this stage. Shame on Lionessza6

This truth said will pain many people to the marrow.

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Akerele44(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08
Moral lesson....not only in Nigeria its is a crime to have an igbo name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by emonis88: 2:50pm On Aug 08
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Stop blaming South Africa. It's well understood that she's not a South African hence the hate of south Africans towards her can be justified.

I am telling you, inside Nigeria that she's from, the same thing would've happened assuming she tries contesting as Miss Lagos. I am not joking, you'll see that innocent girl being tagged IPOB terrorist just because she aspired to contest as miss Lagos.

So I laugh hard when I see Nigerians being all emotional about this online and all that when they know that, that's the same treatment she would've received here.

They would've insulted the living hell out of her tribe because she tried contesting as Miss Lagos.
No mind them, as if say Nigerians like themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08
Nawa4nl:
No different from the hate some yorubas & northerners have towards igbos.

Just as she withdrew from the competition, so should the igbos look at leaving Nigeria.

Though the Unity beggars won't like it, it must be done.

The same igbos that are crying because a Twitter user said they should leave SW? Yeah, right! grin

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Mikelangelo: 2:52pm On Aug 08
NaijaPrince18:

What happened exactly other than chinedu Rhodes losing the election by double votes? It’s not as if he was forced to drop out despite cosplaying as a lagosian

Yeah, he lost the election no doubt.
But the point I am making is that, if I remember correctly, the same claims were being made that he isn't a complete lagosian cos his mum is ibo or so. We do it to ourselves regardless of tribe, so it's no big deal if they do it to us.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by APOPTOSIS: 2:55pm On Aug 08
Emperormartin:
Even if she's contesting miss Lagos the indigenes won't still allow her to progress because of her name...

Check what happened to gbadebo Chinedu vivor.

The truth is that in Africa we haven't grown pass tribalism.

I now laugh at Africans talking down on Europeans on racism. We haven't really removed the log in our eyes.

Tribalism is too deep in Africa. It's a pity

Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by nwirinedu(m): 2:55pm On Aug 08
What you get for disgracing your home country. Which one be Adetshina? Why dont you come here and contest instead, get ready for your deportation to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by emonis88: 2:58pm On Aug 08
spiSeyi:

And Joe Igbokwe worked as top public office holder in Lagos, Igbo woman was Ondo state First lady, River state is Oyo state first lady , what will never happen in SE in the next millennia. As for GRV we omoluobis don't tolerate anyone who disrespect our lineage (go and check his anti-yoruba post on X) bcs we believe that such is a b*stard and b*started has no place in odudua's palace
A Yoruba man is a commissioner in Enugu state.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by daniwise(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08
YoungLionken:
Igbos are getting rejected everywhere, oh boy shocked!!

Northern Nigerian youths have suffered massacre and mass arrest in the hands of security agencies, yet none of us has come out to say "marginalization, because we're Northerners" and other victim claiming accusations. But if it were in the east, your guess is as good as mine. Whereas, more than half of your billionaire's businesses are on foreign lands (I was rather disappointed when I saw Cubana, opening his keke assembly plant in Lagos. What happen to the five states in the east? No fertile grounds for such undecided?), despite the steady complain of marginalization of them all, including that deputy senate president, who already took his share from BAT as regards the protest..

My take home advice for the Igbos on here is that, "Instead of the constant whining like a nagging woman about false victim claims (even though same is happening to others as well, either through error or deliberate act of the government) fix your home, no one is coming to do that for you! A lion in the jungle is far better with dignity and regard, than the dog in the city...

It'll shock you to know that Igbos have since realized and have started first by building mansions in their cities and villages. I know gradually they'll also start relocating their businesses to their states. A time is coming where there'll be gradual mass exodus of non Lagosians from Lagos. Then we go see if na agberos go come pay landlords these humongous rents. Though not all Yoruba's are tribalistic sha.

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Omoluabi16(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08
pocohantas:
She looks like them though. Minus her name, she looks more SA than Nigerian.

Does anyone know why she is Chidimma and Adetshina? I am guessing her Mom is "SA" and the dad is Nigerian. Why does she have two Nigerian tribes featuring in her name?

Her ancestry is confusing. I don't believe any full-blooded Nigerian man would spell Adesina that way.
The story no clear. Her dad is confirmed Nigerian, but some say her mum is SA, some say she's Mozambican. Very sad situation, but I'm glad she's left it for them. Her mental health must have suffered.. over what??

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by emonis88: 3:00pm On Aug 08
Akerele44:
Moral lesson....not only in Nigeria its is a crime to have an igbo name
U see how ur psych is ? Even as them no like Nigerians abroad u il never learn to love ur selves in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Afrobasic(m): 3:02pm On Aug 08
jeff1993 post=131399442[b:
]In all my Life, I have never met an African so Useless and mentally unstable as a rural SA man.[/b]

Their hate stems from several centuries of apartheid meted on them that their mental faculty is twisted to the extent that they can seem to understand the reason why they are still at the bottom of the food chain despite still having a black SA as president.

They are so hate filled that they transfer aggression to other nationalities living in their country cos they can transfer same to the white men who made living in their own country unbearable for them.

Very Us.eless set of Uncultured,Lazy, Hatefilled , set of ani.mals

Be like say you have not met agbado munchers aka ronuites. They did the same thing to Gbadebo Rhodes when he was contesting for Lagos Governor last year.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by Akerele44(m): 3:03pm On Aug 08
emonis88:

U see how ur psych is ? Even as them no like Nigerians abroad u il never learn to love ur selves in Nigeria.
Shey igbo love even love themselves

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by zinaunreal(m): 3:04pm On Aug 08
chiiraq802:
What she should have done since.

she was just busy incurring unnecessary hate on herself from those Xenophobic 2nd class citizens in SATANFRICA.

I swear na the new name be this they behave like satan
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition by chopnaira: 3:06pm On Aug 08
CriminalTinubu:
They have threatened to jail the mum and deport her.

Now where is Abike Dabiri the useless, black lipped, head slamming bride of agbado munchers?
She is South African. Abike represents the interest of Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Your Pictures Don't Come Out Fine. / Miss Tourism Nigeria 2018 Contestants (Photos) / Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.