Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,673 members, 7,926,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 04:57 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country (286 Views)

Nigerians Hate Fulanis Because Of Buhari And El-Rufai - Kish Adamu / Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much / Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Erimusk: 1:53pm On Aug 08
An average Chinese love their country, as poor as india, an average Indian so much love their country too. There is this spirit of national pride among almost every other country. But in Nigeria there is this self hatred for the country. What could be the cause? I am thinking the Educational system isn’t doing enough to reorientate the spirit of patriotism. Am average Russian is willing to die for their country. Why is Nigeria different ?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by chiiraq802(m): 1:56pm On Aug 08
Person weh take you serious, na that same person you go take serious.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by weyreypey: 1:57pm On Aug 08
Erimusk:
An average Chinese love their country, as poor as india, an average Indian so much love their country too. There is this spirit of national pride among almost every other country. But in Nigeria there is this self hatred for the country. What could be the cause? I am thinking the Educational system isn’t doing enough to reorientate the spirit of patriotism. Am average Russian is willing to die for their country. Why is Nigeria different ?

Use your regular moniker maybe you'll get a response

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by MadamVanessa(f): 1:57pm On Aug 08
shocked

What has Nigerian leaders done to Nigerian citizens that will warrant them to love and cherish the zoo. There's no sense of patriotism amongst Nigerians. Nigeria was created to be a zoo and so shall it be till the end of time untill people are allowed to go their separate ways.

You have the mind to compare China with Nigeria? Go to China and see how China citizens is been treated and compare it with the zoo.

A country that's is a bane of corruption and marginalization. God punish Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by DevilsEqual(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08
Their hate is irrelevant, especially when those they love keep failing and losing

They can keep hating and thats a waste of emotion

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by TheBillyonaire: 2:00pm On Aug 08
Erimusk:

Your question should be - Why do poor Nigerians hate their country?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by gidgiddy: 2:05pm On Aug 08
Erimusk:

China is not a perfect country, but it has improved the lives of its people and pulled hundreds of millions of its citizens out of poverty

Nigeria is not a perfect country but has worsened the lives of its citizens, and tipped a hundred million into poverty.

So what did you expect?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Bmaster(m): 2:15pm On Aug 08
Nigeria itself don't like her citizens,

Otherwise,why are the corrupt past leaders still breathing.
Why can't motherland Nigeria open up and swallow all the past corrupt leaders each time they gathered together in an earthquake form ?
Why is it that the land still hold corrupt leaders and allow them to walk on it freely,people who shed the blood of the innocent.

The day our motherland Nigeria will take revenge against all the corrupt and blood sucking politicians knowing fully well that we the citizens are weak and can't fight for ourselves,we will start loving her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by pharmagba: 2:15pm On Aug 08
I disagree.
Most Nigeria youth love Nigeria.
They believe in Nigeria greatness.
I have had the privilege of travelling across the length and breath of this country and I can authoritatively affirm this.
But unfortunately, in the last few years the narrative have changed, some individuals have sown seed of discord and cause hatred to Nigeria and other ethnic national within Nigeria. The number one person is Nnamdi Kanu. The extent of his hate speech had gone further than we could ever imagine as a nation, I don't think his release will stop this.
Also Nigeria is bedeviled by individuals that want to enrich the country at the detriment of the nation. This are some class of older Nigerians and politicians. I dare say about 90% are state Governors. Since our return to democracy in 1999, we can only count few Governors that we can say they actually performed. I dare say we have up to 3, in terms of transformational leadership.
Finally there is a physical and spiritual warfare for the soul of Nigeria if Nigeria stands it will be heaven on earth for all nations of the world. Western Power are play on one side and the enemy on the other side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by muyico(m): 2:22pm On Aug 08
proudly Nigerian!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Erimusk: 2:23pm On Aug 08
weyreypey:

Use your regular moniker maybe you'll get a response
do you know me ??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Erimusk: 2:26pm On Aug 08
MadamVanessa:
shocked

What has Nigerian leaders done to Nigerian citizens that will warrant them to love and cherish the zoo. There's no sense of patriotism amongst Nigerians. Nigeria was created to be a zoo and so shall it be till the end of time untill people are allowed to go their separate ways.

You have the mind to compare China with Nigeria? Go to China and see how China citizens is been treated and compare it with the zoo.

A country that's is a bane of corruption and marginalization. God punish Nigeria.
But at a point china was very poor too. I think the FG has a lot to do to instill patriotism on it citizen. It should start from the educational sector
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Erimusk: 2:29pm On Aug 08
TheBillyonaire:

Your question should be - Why do poor Nigerians hate their country?
not just the poor. Even the rich. I’ll give you an instance, I have a friend who travelled to the UK and she started doing job that normally she wouldn’t do in Nigeria. She was basically doing well here before she left. But now she travelled and started doing menial job in the UK
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Erimusk: 2:31pm On Aug 08
gidgiddy:

China is not a perfect country, but it has improved the lives of its people and pulled hundreds of millions of its citizens out of poverty

Nigeria is not a perfect country but has worsened the lives of its citizens, and tipped a hundred million into poverty.

So what did you expect?
we Nigerians are doing worse to ourselves than the government. I’ll give you an instance. Something that is being sold for a 1000 naira, once you drive to get the product, the moment they see you on car they exponentially increases the price. Should that be attributed to the government as well??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Victerica(m): 2:34pm On Aug 08
I love Nigeria. I believe in her future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by TheBillyonaire: 2:38pm On Aug 08
Erimusk:
not just the poor. Even the rich. I’ll give you an instance, I have a friend who travelled to the UK and she started doing job that normally she wouldn’t do in Nigeria. She was basically doing well here before she left. But now she travelled and started doing menial job in the UK
]]

She is poor. Only poor people do menial jobs abroad. If she is rich, she would have been back.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by DonroxyII: 5:50pm On Aug 09
Erimusk:
Nigerian are the People that Loves Nigeria the Most.....

No National ever Flaunt Their country like Nigerians Do From West Africa to North Africa to Europe even China/India ....

They know us all over the world....

It's Nigerian Leaders That Dislike Nigeria Not Nigerians !!

You Can't be Unduly Patriotic to someone who doesn't take care of you !
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by victory36(m): 6:32pm On Aug 09
Why should I be proud of a colonial entrapment? It's so annoying when I realize I share the same nationality with an almajiri in far away kebbi
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Mbanda(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09
Erimusk:

But at a point china was very poor too. I think the FG has a lot to do to instill patriotism on it citizen. It should start from the educational sector
How do you expect a person you so much hate his tribe to love Nigeria. Especially, when you vowed that no body from his tribe will ever rule Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country by Ojiofor: 8:13pm On Aug 09
Erimusk:

Be honest to yourself will you love a country where one region will wake up and ask their fellow citizens to leave their region?
Where is the love?

(1) (Reply)

FG Empowers 500 Tomato Farmers In Edo State / #EndBadGovernance: Igbos Have Been Protesting Against APC Since 2015. / Simon Ekpa Announces Biafra Delegation To Gather In Finland For Self-referendum!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.