Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,546 members, 7,929,771 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:15 PM

Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam (20448 Views)

Firm Presents Laptop to Overall Best Student in 2023 NECO Exam, Ifebube Benson / Prisoners Set For 2018 NECO Exam In Ogun State / Please How Do I Retrieve My NECO Exam Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by dfrost: 11:02am On Aug 09
manuelkel:

NECO questions are simple to comprehend but marking scheme is hard, you can hardly see someone with A parallel in NECO unlike WAEC difficult questions to comprehend easy marking scheme. You can see A parallel in WAEC.
WAEC is entailed to make you rational and keep you in thoughts. But NECO just give the little you know then they give you the little grades they have.

NECO can never or should never be better than WAEC. If you're seeking for a job in the Western parts, you will know why WAEC is better.

West African for a reason. Regionally accepted πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ’―πŸ€

1 Like

Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Entusky(m): 11:03am On Aug 09
SmartPolician:
Nobody will boycott anything. WAEC and NECO are the most recognised O'level certificates in Nigeria. You should write to NECO and tell them to address that concern. Don't tell anyone to boycott the exam.
Oga NABTEB is hundred times beta than NECO
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Tomilolakk: 11:05am On Aug 09
Provam:
WAEC yes...but Neco?...most federal schools won't clear you with Neco.
Shutup! No school rejects NECO. In fact, NECO is the most used Olevel amount applicants.

1 Like

Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Pootle: 11:08am On Aug 09
trium:
Too.many exams written in Nigeria. Makes it all confusing. WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST JAMB

you no add GCE, NABTEB
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Pootle: 11:09am On Aug 09
Tomilolakk:

Shutup! No school rejects NECO. In fact, NECO is the most used Olevel amount applicants.

no fighting pls grin grin
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by lapintoz: 11:13am On Aug 09
Scam!

Scam!

Scam!

AdeCityzen:
I know someone who is having this issue, he's not happy thinking he might miss out on admission. Something is wrong, it also happened at jamb office. They are making payment with only atm card, this is unacceptable.

Dear NL house, i need your help alot, please help me. I'm not happy. Check My latest thread to see my ordeal
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by lereinter(m): 11:21am On Aug 09
A
This looks like alarmist venture

Are you saying after buying one token and you exhaust it, you won't be able to procure another one?
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by lereinter(m): 11:25am On Aug 09
manuelkel:

NECO questions are simple to comprehend but marking scheme is hard, you can hardly see someone with A parallel in NECO unlike WAEC difficult questions to comprehend easy marking scheme. You can see A parallel in WAEC.
WAEC is entailed to make you rational and keep you in thoughts. But NECO just give the little you know then they give you the little grades they have.

NECO can never or should never be better than WAEC. If you're seeking for a job in the Western parts, you will know why WAEC is better.

You folks just come to public forum and give serious misinformation and lies

You better seek deliverance
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by frankputer: 11:37am On Aug 09
lereinter:

A
This looks like alarmist venture

Are you saying after buying one token and you exhaust it, you won't be able to procure another one?

Yes that’s how it is.
You then have to buy the more expensive one,
Which is the e-resultverify
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by psucc(m): 11:50am On Aug 09
You've not seen NECO exams questions of late. They're set in such a way that understanding the question itself gives you and average of 40% of the marks allowed to it.

Our problem remains that the 2 prominent exams body are after money and our FME is not helping matters. Too complacent!
Vinnie2000:

NECO should be more Important than even Waec. sad
The Exam are in consonance with the Brainpower of Nigerian Teenage students.

WAEC questions are too Difficult! undecided
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by gawu1: 11:54am On Aug 09
biggz82:
Generally Nigeria na scam
Then pack your things and leave for South Africa
But don't later come back and cry of xenophobia
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:54am On Aug 09
NECO IS A USELESS EXAM. MY CHILDREN CAN NEVER DO IT
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Wizuman: 12:02pm On Aug 09
manuelkel:

Oga keep quite, never you in your life compare a certificate that bounds a region of a continent with a certificate that bounds for just one nation.
Like are you dumb? Have you tried applying for work outside Nigeria before? Guy no dey talk rubbish, I don't know why this is on FP.
Though I support you, no institution in Nigeria rejects NECO certificates.

Neco is accepted all over Canada. You can fact check

1 Like

Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Wizuman: 12:06pm On Aug 09
Olufemiolaolu:
NECO IS A USELESS EXAM. MY CHILDREN CAN NEVER DO IT

I may agree with u. I wrote neco gce and omo, I can't mention the things I saw here!
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by NECO1998: 12:34pm On Aug 09
Your plan will not work.
tophumble:
Recently, the policy in the picture below was introduced by NECO, while it is not a bad idea to introduce E-verification, the fact that checking of results are only restricted to just one token is condemnable.

The use of token for checking result is quite different from result verification, lots of students who have misplaced their token can no longer buy a new token to check their result.

Many higher institutions make use of tokens/ scratch card to generate results on their portal, that process of generating results on the portal is no longer possible for holders of NECO result as a lot of them have misplaced the token that was linked to their result.

If this policy by NECO is not reversed, the best thing for students who will be writing SSCE in the comings years to do is to boycott NECO since their are other options available to them like WAEC and NABTEB.
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by AngelicBeing: 12:39pm On Aug 09
Vinnie2000:

OP, I totally Disagree with you. undecided

NECO is much easier to Pass, for our Current Gen Z children. smiley

WAEC questions are too Difficult for Their Tiktok and Comedy skit Brains. sad
Buhahaha, LoL at Tiktok brains grin

2 Likes

Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Ejaisky: 1:31pm On Aug 09
Seun why is this on the front page?
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by nautybride: 1:33pm On Aug 09
manuelkel:

Know this point, knowledge is power.

1 Like

Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by trium: 1:46pm On Aug 09
Vinnie2000:

NECO should be more Important than even Waec. sad
The Exam are in consonance with the Brainpower of Nigerian Teenage students.

WAEC questions are too Difficult! undecided

WASSCE has a long history in Nigeria before Abacha introduced NECO in 96 for obvious reasons
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by Mrshape: 2:03pm On Aug 09
Vinnie2000:

OP, I totally Disagree with you. undecided

NECO is much easier to Pass, for our Current Gen Z children. smiley

WAEC questions are too Difficult for Their Tiktok and Comedy skit Brains. sad
I disagree with you please, many students I know are not satisfied with their NECO grades, not that the examination is difficult but, the result are usually no t reflecting what some students are expecting, if I take NECO examination today and you tell me I should bet that I will get an A in mathematics I won't bet more than a 100k, but for WAEC although the questions difficulty level is higher I can bet 10,000,000 that I must get an A in mathematics.
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by donmik: 2:19pm On Aug 09
Ni exam in Nigeria apart from JAMB

The rest na just rubbish and a promise of future slavery to the first wolrd
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by kevinexit(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09
AdeCityzen:
I know someone who is having this issue, he's not happy thinking he might miss out on admission. Something is wrong, it also happened at jamb office. They are making payment with only atm card, this is unacceptable.

Dear NL house, i need your help alot, please help me. I'm not happy. Check My latest thread to see my ordeal

U know wetin u dey talk so? Making payments with debit cards is the best way to go. Who do you want to bring your cash to?
When an average Nigerian thinks only about evil. You want all the cash to turn to paper at the end of the day abi?
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by kppo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09
trium:
Too.many exams written in Nigeria. Makes it all confusing. WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST JAMB

You hit the nail right on the head.
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by AdeCityzen(m): 3:28pm On Aug 09
kevinexit:

U know wetin u dey talk so? Making payments with debit cards is the best way to go. Who do you want to bring your cash to?
When an average Nigerian thinks only about evil. You want all the cash to turn to paper at the end of the day abi?
Still it doesn't have to be the only payment method because it's uncomfortable. They don't accept bank transfer too
Re: Token: Why Nigeria Students Should Boycott NECO Exam by ebosed: 5:09pm On Aug 09
1. I feel your pain and it is valid. I strongly believe that this procedure is in your best interest.
2. Write letter of appeal to authorities with sufficient reasons.
3. Like you want people and authorities to understand you, seek to understand them too through dialogue.
4. You are allowed to check your result 5-Times with the same Token, isn't it?
5. That specific Token is Linked to that result.
6. The purpose of this is to prevent other people who have you exam details to check your result without your consent.
7. If you feel that is not convenient, appeal, write to the authorities with your strong reasons.
8. The Authorities mean well and your concern is valid.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Orders Public & Private Schools To Vacate On 18 December, 2020 / Reports From Different JAMB Centers / Let's See How Clever You Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.