Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,647 members, 7,965,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:05 PM

Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN (5658 Views)

Marketers Will Pay Naira For Dangote Fuel, Says IPMAN / PIB Would Permit Only Dangote Refinery, NNPC To Import Fuel / Daily Petrol Shortfall To Hit 20m Litres Despite Dangote Refinery — NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by sylve11: 8:47am On Aug 09
Geonigga:
We are just being wicked in this country, an average Nigerian politician doesn't have any interest of the masses at heart, all they do is to amass wealth and more wealth. It seems the country is course with wicked and greedy people. Infact most Nigerians are greedy and wicked. Imagine yesterday while I was trying to fix my car at a mechanic workshop one guy drove into the mechanic with one 2016 Corolla, opened the bonnet of the car and started siphoning the fuel using a pipe into about 5 litres gallon. Thereafter he gave the gallon filled with fuel to one artisan who was readily standing by his side in exchange of about 3000 or so and hurriedly entered the car and zoom off. I was so eager to know what was going on when I asked my mechanic, he said that the person driving the car does wheel balancing and alignment then I knew what transpired. He did wheel balancing on the car and on the pretext of testing it, he drove to the mechanic workshop to steal the fuel in the car. People are dubious.

Even you would do the same thing. cool
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by israelmao(m): 8:48am On Aug 09
Series of unending lies.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by Geonigga(m): 8:50am On Aug 09
I endeavour to keep my record straight and do the right thing , everyone does not have dubious mindset. quote author=sylve11 post=131411758]

Even you would do the same thing. cool[/quote]
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by descartes400: 8:51am On Aug 09
Mustapha said the refinery would drive down the current price of petrol, but this would depend on the cost price of the crude at the international market

Can someone elaborate on the above quote? because i find it fraudulent.

If the Crude oil is produce and refined locally, why then will the cost price of the crude oil that is produced and refined locally for domestic use depends on the cost price of crude at the international market since we are no longer importing? undecided
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by nwirinedu(m): 9:03am On Aug 09
Keep on lying, the cabals dont want Nigeria refining her own petrol how can you spend 2 trillion to import a product when you are a major supplier of its raw material. A business savvy person would want to graduate having the means to produce the finished product locally.

The only reason importation of fuel is pushed at all cost is because the importers have a refinery outside.

In todays economy a country has to grow from being a supplier of base raw materials to supplier of finished goods.

Finished goods have more value that raw materials.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by Reload101: 9:35am On Aug 09
This people are here again. I don't want to laugh grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by Bluntemperor: 9:50am On Aug 09
See the body that is talking - IPMAN!
This Is one of the burden in Nigeria, because when NNPC sold at a Price,this stinking body,will double their Own Price because of Greed, without Consideration to the Masses,so they are part of the Homongous Fraud in Nigeria and without Accountability.
Let them advise themselves!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by Emmanuelcann: 10:37am On Aug 09
I am personally not interested in any foolishness about oil refining in Nigeria. They can pocket their stupidity and try scamming other gullible citizens.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by PHAYOL81: 10:38am On Aug 09
Hopefully
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by stallionng: 10:58am On Aug 09
Seeing is believing
We are tired of all this promises
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by BigBizzy(m): 1:11pm On Aug 09
No be early August be this? Which other August again them want?

Lies lies lies
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by Gbajabiamila1: 3:57pm On Aug 09
The cost of PMS would still be determined by international price of crude oil? Why? Is the crude oil being imported through any international waters? And this is coming from IPMAN, people that are supposed to fight for the downward review of the price when the refinery is operationl. Why can't the price be influenced by just the running cost and maintenance of the refinery? And the loan obtained for the revitalisation of the refinery, we need to know if it's crude-oil backed loan or not before we conclude if it should really affect PMS price.
Are there no other products that would be extracted from the crude oil? Abi, na from only PMS you would put all the liabilities? What happens to AGO, Kerosene, Jet fuel, urea etc ?
These IPMAN people are not sincere.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: NNPC’s August Deadline Realistic, Says IPMAN by Tapout(m): 5:50am On Aug 10
Mustapha said the refinery would drive down the current price of petrol, but this would depend on the cost price of the crude at the international market.

I am not understanding this part. How?? sad The crude is local, the refinery is local, wetin come concern international market with price? People just make statements and no one bothers to demand for explanations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From Niger Delta / Indefinite Strike,what A Shame To Nigerian Universities / Mend (Jomo Gbomo) Speaks About Atlas Cove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.