Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,404 members, 7,932,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 03:16 AM

Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN (7380 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / With Functional Refineries, Petrol Will Sell For Less Than ₦‎200 – IPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Tzar(m): 10:02am On Aug 09
These guys don’t just know what they are doing! Or they know, but unintelligently try to defend foolishness!
That is the landing cost, which includes your corruptly overinflated logistics/ transportation.
If it is efficiently refined in Nigeria, the cost WILL be between 40-70% less than that depending on how corrupt the person removing the international logistics and transportation part is.
What is the NLC doing about its members in the oil and gas sector deliberately SABOTAGING the sector and impoverishing other members?!
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Artscollection: 10:18am On Aug 09
mrvitalis:
have been shouting it here since last year now it's obvious

If landing cost is ₦1200 which means petrol should retail for ₦1450 minimum

Solution is simply but Tinubu is too unpopular for the change required

dam the consequences and remove subsidy and tax each litre ₦200 extra

This would make petrol ₦1700 Benin, togo Cameroon, Chad, niger even Ghana all buy at that price.. They are not dead we wont die too
Yes wait
This would save us over 7 trillion per year

Increase minimum wage to ₦250 k

With 2 trillion naira you can make federal Universities free for life ( he would be remembered for that)

Saving money so that those bandits in power will loot it again, the masses should enjoy it rather
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by mrvitalis(m): 10:49am On Aug 09
Artscollection:

Saving money so that those bandits in power will loot it again, the masses should enjoy it rather
My theory cant be looted ita looting proof
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Tayorshd87: 10:55am On Aug 09
Emmabyte:
Why can't we at least have one working refinerie in Nigeria,

Why is

Why

Why oooooooooo why

Why Nigeria am asking

Yes and working refinery should have solved this problem at around 80% but the refinery cannot work because many of them including Jagaban itself has his own private refinery outside d country to refine d crude .

Dangote too said this last 2 weeks if u are current online.

The refinery is d issue but on a serious note our problem is not Abt protest but this is d issue we met ourselves 😢
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Emmabyte: 11:00am On Aug 09
Can a Nigerian president solve this problem or do we need a foreign president,

Do you know that the problem of this country is not rocket science just a serious person person
Tayorshd87:

Yes and working refinery should have solved this problem at around 80% but the refinery cannot work because many of them including Jagaban itself has his own private refinery outside d country to refine d crude .

Dangote too said this last 2 weeks if u are current online.

The refinery is d issue but on a serious note our problem is not Abt protest but this is d issue we met ourselves 😢
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Kaybaba5(m): 11:16am On Aug 09
Hezzyluv:
Anything that makes fuels to get to #1,200 per litre, that might lead to unannounced or unexpected protest and na that kind protest go make politicians run comot from Abuja.

I still dey ask till date, why are they frustrating Dangote's refinery?

They are frustrating it because it's going to block the path they used to get money into their pockets. Some people are enjoying importing fuel from abroad because of their pocket

1 Like

Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Tayorshd87: 11:24am On Aug 09
Emmabyte:
Can a Nigerian president solve this problem or do we need a foreign president,

Do you know that the problem of this country is not rocket science just a serious person person

Do u think so?

I think we do see it from afar but when u get there u will understand better 😉 that's why many of their manifesto is not fulfilling in nature
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by eniteden(m): 11:26am On Aug 09
Wetin una dey land when the land dey una country? I dont understand this anymore. Someone please explain to me that Dangote is in Somalia that's why we cant refine our fuel and we keep refining elsewhere bringing to land in our country when we have a the biggest refinary in the world.

Ppppppllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee someone clean my eye for me oooooo

This country won drive me mad!!

Give Dangote fuel make him refine so that una no go dey land anything subsidy will truly be gun in Tinubu's voice. undecided
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by regenerateman(m): 11:30am On Aug 09
LibertyRep:
So subsidy is back after all.

Why the braggadocio of subsidy is gone?

Who knows if the CBN is still defending the naira.

CBN is still defending the naira or else, one dollar would have been equal to 2k by now.

1 Like

Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Emmabyte: 12:02pm On Aug 09
But we can't continue like this, for how long,
NO. something need to be done ,Nigeria youths need to come together if that is not possible then they should better divide the country
Tayorshd87:

Do u think so?

I think we do see it from afar but when u get there u will understand better 😉 that's why many of their manifesto is not fulfilling in nature
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09
So Nigeria later worwor
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09
10 Litres for 12k. Can naijerians chest it. grin
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Hezzyluv: 1:41pm On Aug 09
2RightHands1Coc:
10 Litres for 12k. Can naijerians chest it. grin

It's not longer funy again ooo but sadly, that's where we're heading to. Because, it's the gospel truth. Fuel should be sold around #1,500 per litre. Again, can Nigerians chest it?

If Tinubu knew what lies ahead of him and he equally knew he would become the president, he shouldn't have ganged up against Jonathan (deceiving Nigerians) when he GEJ made attempt to remove the fuel subsidy. We should have been okay by now. And that time, things were much more better then now.
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by sweetkev(m): 3:31pm On Aug 09
SmartPolician:
Nigeria is in a deep economic mess! cheesy

We should develop alternative energy source like CNG to drive our vehicles so as to reduce our overdependence on PMS. After three years, stop paying a kobo on PMS subsidy, even if it sells 5k per litre.

At some point, everyone was using kerosene in this country. Today, we are using cooking gas. Now, kerosene is very expensive and nobody cares because the vast majority of us use gas.
And gas is very cheap abi ?
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Tayorshd87: 4:15pm On Aug 09
Emmabyte:
But we can't continue like this, for how long,
NO. something need to be done ,Nigeria youths need to come together if that is not possible then they should better divide the country

My brother am speechless 😶
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Gboss247(m): 6:38pm On Aug 09
mrvitalis:

My plan is simple you don't give the 2 trillion no

You invest it like Norway... Investing it into SMP500 yields minimum of 10% yearly

You get 125 million dollars yearly

You reinvestment 40% to cover inflation

That's leaves you with 75 million dollars thats 120 billion naira

Say there are 40 federal University
With average of 20,000 students paying 150k
That's 3 billion per school 40 schools is 120 billion

Next year you can invest another 2 trillion to cover the infrastructure improvements of the schools... Each school get 3 billion to improve infrastructure

In 6 years you have covered university, polytechnics and collage of educations

And is free from that responsibilities

It's smart thinking
Your analysis shows that you lacked the dynamics of economics. If FG invest in Norway, it will yield more interest meaning Nigeria will earn more forex will is supposed to appreciate the naira and reduce the cost of commodities of also in naira.
So, using the current exchange rate is not accurate and the volume of naira in circulation has to reduce.
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Clazzone(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09
If anyone still believe that subsidy is gone, then he or she is naive of the occurrence in downstream sector, with the current disparity in what major marketers and independent marketers are selling, you don't need a sootesayer to tell you subsidy is still on

The only question I ask is, why all the deceits from FG.
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by mrvitalis(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09
Gboss247:

Your analysis shows that you lacked the dynamics of economics. If FG invest in Norway, it will yield more interest meaning Nigeria will earn more forex will is supposed to appreciate the naira and reduce the cost of commodities of also in naira.
So, using the current exchange rate is not accurate and the volume of naira in circulation has to reduce.
What exactly are you talking about? Did you read by article at all or u just want to type?
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Inosky: 7:15pm On Aug 09
Serious Hardship coming, God give money or connection to leave this country abeg wink
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by ZakiZaki1: 9:03pm On Aug 09
The government should allow the use of CNG and not monopolize it like pms because inviting innoson is like monopolizing it thereby regulating the prizes just like pms, they should allow numerous business oriented professionals run that economy and see how pms comes down to 150....just like solar and phcn, one should not hinder another.... government should remove it's hands completely off CNG...
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by crossbreedwears(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09
You've a point but i guess you've forgotten the part in economics when it says "High in demand High in price". What the government should do is subsidise food and fuel 150%
SmartPolician:
Nigeria is in a deep economic mess! cheesy

We should develop alternative energy source like CNG to drive our vehicles so as to reduce our overdependence on PMS. After three years, stop paying a kobo on PMS subsidy, even if it sells 5k per litre.

At some point, everyone was using kerosene in this country. Today, we are using cooking gas. Now, kerosene is very expensive and nobody cares because the vast majority of us use gas.
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Gboss247(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09
mrvitalis:

What exactly are you talking about? Did you read by article at all or u just want to type?
I would advise you read your first comment again. You about Nigeria investing some dollars in Norway and the purpose of investment is to make more money. If Nigeria makes moneys dollars,it means naira appreciation translating to the volume of naira in circulation reduced. So, the amount quoted in naira will be reduced.
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Love800(m): 11:10pm On Aug 09
So you support the subsidy removal?
mrvitalis:
have been shouting it here since last year now it's obvious

If landing cost is ₦1200 which means petrol should retail for ₦1450 minimum

Solution is simply but Tinubu is too unpopular for the change required

dam the consequences and remove subsidy and tax each litre ₦200 extra

This would make petrol ₦1700 Benin, togo Cameroon, Chad, niger even Ghana all buy at that price.. They are not dead we wont die too
Yes wait
This would save us over 7 trillion per year

Increase minimum wage to ₦250 k

With 2 trillion naira you can make federal Universities free for life ( he would be remembered for that)
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by mrvitalis(m): 4:34am On Aug 10
Gboss247:
I would advise you read your first comment again. You about Nigeria investing some dollars in Norway and the purpose of investment is to make more money. If Nigeria makes moneys dollars,it means naira appreciation translating to the volume of naira in circulation reduced. So, the amount quoted in naira will be reduced.
Where did you learn this one from?
Which theory of economics is this one?
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by Tapout(m): 5:32am On Aug 10
kennyz247:
Landing cost for petroleum wey God gave us for free brekete..
May God punish and thonder from Iraq strike all our leaders wey say we common Nigeria will not enjoy the fruit of our natural resources..

Those benefitting heavily from importing petroleum products back into the country are the ones making sure no refinery works in the country. And with our major ports situated in Lagos, you can't tell me Tinubu is not one of the beneficiaries.

1 Like

Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by kennyz247(m): 6:53am On Aug 10
Tapout:

Those benefitting heavily from importing petroleum products back into the country are the ones making sure no refinery works in the country. And with our major ports situated in Lagos, you can't tell me Tinubu is not one of the beneficiaries.

Tinubu is the major beneficiary of all ds petroleum buhaha

Just that he's supporters will always come to defend him..
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by masui(m): 7:53am On Aug 10
Tapout:

This is a terrible situation. How can few citizens do this to fellow compatriots?
Re: Landing Cost Of PMS Is Over ₦1,200 - IPMAN by nosiebaba(m): 11:47am On Aug 10
SmartPolician:

I don't think it's true. The initial conversion cost is expensive. Also, government hasn't done enough to enlighten people about it and its safety. The government doesn't fund the ministry of information. That's why National Orientation Agency is practically dead today.
Just like vehicles are expensive but transportation is a necessity.
Its all in the orientation. If I buy one bag of rice I save more money than one that buys one cup everyday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ / Emeka Ojukwu - Uwazuruike Was Arrested For Unruly Behaviour / Pics:the Man That Causes APC So Much Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.