Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,970 members, 7,949,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult (10832 Views)

I Have Erectile Dysfunction And Its Really Affecting My Relationship. / Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown / Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Amotolongbo(f): 8:31pm On Aug 09
The mothers in an interview as the Bauchi government, international partners and stakeholders create awareness on exclusive breastfeeding, to mark the 2024 annual World Breastfeeding Week.

They said due to the current economic situation, they cannot increase their intake of nutrient-dense foods like meat, chicken, fish, vegetables and others which are very important for a new mother.

Nuratu Maigari, a 28-year-old mother of a three-month-old baby, said, ”I fear that this age long tradition of breastfeeding a baby for atleast six months exclusively, may not continue due to the present economic hardship. I breastfed by other two children exclusively and that was a life sharing experience. I cannot do that with this baby due to the present hardship.

”It is important for a new mother to eat meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, beans and vegetables at atleast two to three times per day so that she can have enough milk for the baby and energy for herself.”

She said mothers felt hungrier and thirstier while breastfeeding.

Eating well, she said, did have a big effect on the “amount or quality of your milk.”

Jamila Usman, a new mother, said things had been difficult that she and her family could not afford daily meals.

”I will have to start introducing water for my baby. I cannot do the exclusive breastfeeding as I was adviced during my antenatal,” she said.

Another first time mother, Asabe Umar, said during antenatal clinic, she was told to feed her baby exclusively on breast milk for the first six months with continued breastfeeding for 12 months or longer.

Ms Umar said, ”My baby is just two months. It has not been easy on my husband because he is the only one providing for us now. I was told that the foods I eat while breastfeeding are important for my health and my baby’s. I was told to eat meat, eggs, beans and vegetables, Where will we get money for me to eat these food for six months?”

However, Talatu Mahmoud, a new mother, said, “I knew I was going to have my baby in July. So, I used my empty sacks and buckets to plant vegetables to take advantage of the rainy season.

”I planted Ugu, bitterleaf,water leaf, moringa and tomatoes so that no matter how little food I get I will simply add all my vegetables which are very important for a breastfeeding mothersm.”

Abdurrazak Shehu, officer incharge of the federal low-cost primary health centre, said during antenatal, postnatal and immunisation days, women were educated on nutrition to improve their households diet using simple gardening techniques.

He said the facility recorded 31 exclusive breastfed babies in June 2024 and in July 40 babies were recorded.

He said the figure indicated that despite the economic situation, mothers adhere to campaigns on exclusive breastfeeding.

https://gazettengr.com/hunger-affecting-breast-milk-quality-quantity-exclusive-breatfeeding-difficult-bauchi-mothers/

2 Likes

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by SocialJustice: 8:42pm On Aug 09
Why are people who clearly can't feed themselves having babies?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Amotolongbo(f): 8:43pm On Aug 09
SocialJustice:
If people “who clearly can’t feed themselves” are not entitled to have babies, you won’t be alive to post on nairaland.

206 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Vipro(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09
N
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Ybholy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09
All will be well for everybody soon. Believe 🙏🏽

#AllisWell

3 Likes

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Vipro(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09
Amotolongbo:
If people “who clearly can’t feed themselves” are not entitled to have babies, you won’t be alive to post on nairaland.
Are you saying her parents can't feed themselves grin?

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by jaeyking(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09
lipsrsealed
Na who don chop fit produce milk

In other news
Family planning oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Melagros(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09
COMRADES, honestly the hunger in the land is so severe

It shall not be well with Tinubu, his supporters and also his handlers for subjecting Nigeria to this mess

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by ATEAMS: 9:53pm On Aug 09
Indeed
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by DMerciful(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09
The great Tribulation Tinubulation is affecting bweast and its homologous grin

7 Likes

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by emmabest2000(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09
Hungerbad grin

Ara kwa ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09
rice nation led by rice kimono!

rice of d ppl
4 d ppl
& by d ppl

Hell-anus, afa una #30k a$s licking job?
I hear say na rice em take dey pay una now... no longer cash payment but by rice payment!
grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by ozo13(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09
SocialJustice:
nawao
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by tym92(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09
O gbenu tan...
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by DuttyChuks: 9:53pm On Aug 09
Tinubu is a curse! Get rid of him on time..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by RodgersAkpafu: 9:54pm On Aug 09
Amotolongbo:

This is a very ridiculous take to have
and distasteful too.

Those who don't have the means to take care if kids should seriously curtail the number of kids that they do have.

Their folly and ridiculous choices have wider ramifications for the entire society, not just them

The terrorist attacks and unrest and criminality we are plagued with is in part on account of irresponsible breeding

14 Likes

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Denalarian: 9:54pm On Aug 09
Lol.. those cheerleaders of this administration should donate milk or build a milk bank since they're not affected by this hardship.. and that includes lactating men as well..

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Manculated: 9:55pm On Aug 09
Amotolongbo:

Hehe oga oooo🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This one thing will always make women not to really respect men. You always see men as your babies.

All those fake respect you usually show them na deception.

Hopefully the artificial womb invention would come alive soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by EreluRoz: 9:55pm On Aug 09
Sad.
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by ClearFlair: 9:55pm On Aug 09
APC is a total failure

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by abba09: 9:55pm On Aug 09
what do u expect when the mothers drink garri most of the time? we r facing hard times in this country thats i put my plan of getting married aside am waiting to see where this man tinubu will take us. dear fellow nairalander im in need of help to keep soul and body together nothing is too small i swear i no get shi shi

1 Like

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by cjudy(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09
Amotolongbo:
God bless you for that clapback you gave that imbe

16 Likes

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by abba09: 9:56pm On Aug 09
Melagros:
COMRADES, honestly the hunger in the land is so severe
i swear to God my broda. i forget when last i chop belle full

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by killuminati(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09
Amotolongbo:
shockedshockedshocked 🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️

Bros, why? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Hezzyluv: 9:57pm On Aug 09
Them go feel it reach toddlers too sotey they can't get enough orisha from their parent again? God help us.
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Zeebuy: 9:57pm On Aug 09
TInubulation Pro Max, e must reach everybody

1 Like

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Bobloco: 9:58pm On Aug 09
The country is not at war, but hunger and starvation is ravaging the land occasioned by the calamitous economic policies of tinubu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by mejetov422: 9:58pm On Aug 09
Rylubbish
Re: Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult by Tayorshd87: 9:59pm On Aug 09
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WHO Declares Nigeria Polio-free / Please Help Me Out With Eczema! / How To Get My Wife Pregnant ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.