Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,103 members, 7,967,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:45 AM

Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. (160 Views)

Does God Exist? / The Devil Does Not Exist, The Devil Is Just A Pawn In The Game Of The Universe / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by Jacktheripper: 12:26am On Aug 10
Imagine this: It's 2 AM, I’m curled under my duvet scrolling through Twitter like there's no bill to pay. But amidst the sea of memes and funny clips, I saw the ultimate late-night question: "Does God exist?" Great! Sleep? Who needs it? I'm now fully awake, my brain shifting from "mindless scroll" to "deep kassala".

So here we are, you and me, about to explore the debate that has kept philosophers up at night since we first looked at the stars and wondered, "Who's running this show sef? Is it God or our politicians?"

Some people like my mother say God is real, standing firm like Zuma Rock in a rainstorm.

They are pointing at everything from quantum physics to their aunt's recovery from "village people attack," saying, "See? Na God!" They wake up every morning, look at the country, and think, "Wow, even in this economy, God dey!"

But here's the thing…

Believing in God isn't just about explaining the unexplainable, you know.

It's more about finding purpose in a world that often seems as chaotic as the Dangote VS Tinubu fight.

It's that warm, fuzzy feeling of thinking, "Ehen, maybe I'm not just here by accident after all!" It's like having Pastor Adeboye as your personal life coach, always rooting for you, even when you're just trying to decide between cooking and buying item 7 for dinner.

On the other side, we have the doubters. You will see them in abundant on Twitter.

They're scratching their heads, looking at the state of the nation, and thinking, "If God's real, He needs to call an emergency meeting with Nigeria's guardian angels."

They see floods in Lagos, kidnappings in the news, and another season of Big Brother Naija and wonder, "Is this really part of a divine plan?

Well, In a minute, you will see why (maybe) all those troubles are happening.

For these skeptics, the idea of relying on faith feels like trying to pay for boutique clothes with Monopoly money.

They are the ones in the back of the church raising their hand and asking, "But why?" to every sermon point.

And let us be honest, sometimes their questions make you wonder if they have a point. After all, if God is all-powerful, couldn't He just have destroyed the devil?

Then there are the fence-sitters, they are thinking, "Maybe God exists, maybe not. I'm just trying to be a good person and hope for the best."

It's like they're hedging their bets in the spiritual lottery, hoping they have bought tickets for Heaven.

These folks are the spiritual equivalent of that friend who refuses to pick a restaurant but vetoes all your suggestions. They are not sure about the big questions, but they are pretty certain that being kind is a good idea, just in case there's a CCTV recording all our actions.

But wait, there's more.

I had a classmate back then in secondary school, who thinks of himself as a science nerd and believe we are all just living in some advanced alien science experiment.

Imagine that! That aliens are probably watching us like a Nollywood drama, eating their space popcorn and saying, "Chai! These Naija people are more entertaining than any Netflix series!"

If this theory is true, then maybe our whole existence is just some extraterrestrial kid's science fair project. In which case, I hope we are at least getting a good grade. Though, looking at the state of my bank account sometimes, we might just have A is for God, B is for me type of project supervisor.

And then there are those who say, "If God is real, why doesn't He solve all our problems?" The way I see it is that maybe God is up there thinking, "I gave you a brain, now use it!"

It's like expecting your membership at a fancy gym to automatically give abs. At some point, you have to do some sit-ups yourself.

This perspective makes me wonder…

What if life is less about having our problems solved for us, and more about growing through the process of solving them? Maybe God, if He exists, is less of a cosmic ATM and more of a cosmic gym trainer, watching us struggle with our spiritual burpees and saying, "No pain, no gain!"

Here's something I actually find interesting.

What if this whole God debate is less about some bearded guy in the sky and more about us? You and I.

Think about it.

Let me ask you...

How does your view of God shape your life? Let's say if you believe in God, does it give you a sense of purpose, like you are starring in your own epic movie? Or does it sometimes feel like pressure, like you're constantly being watched by a divine Instagram Live?

If you don't believe in God, does it make you feel more in control of your destiny? Or does it ever leave you feeling like a lone okada rider in the vast, indifferent ocean of Lagos traffic?

What’s more?

How much of what you believe is actually because of you, and how much is because of where and how you grew up?

If you were born in America instead of Nigeria, or in the time of our great-grandparents, would your views on God be completely different? It's like we're all playing a global game of spiritual musical chairs, and where we end up often depends on where we started.

In the end, whether you believe or not, just try to be a good person.

Because if you reach the heaven gates and God asks, "Why should I let you in?" you can't just say, "Er... because I shared all your Facebook broadcasts with my five friends?"

So, you can choose to pick any side of the argument, but remember: if God is watching us, let's give Him a good show. And if He's not... well, at least we entertained ourselves. After all, life is too short (or too long) to not find humor in the big questions.

Who knows? Maybe God has a great sense of humor like me. Maybe that's why He created Nigerian politicians. Or maybe that's why I have the ability to ponder His existence at 2 AM instead of getting a good night's sleep like sensible human beings.

You know what? Keep questioning, keep laughing (keep it moderate before you end up in Aro), and keep being kind. Because whether we are a divine creation, an accident, or an alien science experiment, we are all in this together. And that, I believe, is worth staying awake for.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go contemplate the meaning of life... or maybe just watch some Purple Speedy videos. It's a tough choice at 3 AM.
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by ElRapido: 7:09am On Aug 10
God doesn't exist. Simple.
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by Jacktheripper: 11:44am On Aug 10
ElRapido:

Enjoy
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by jaephoenix(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10
Jacktheripper:

Enjoy
Do have evidence of his existence?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10
What is the evidence that you have a brain?

You have seen the brains of other creatures after slicing their heads but what about you?
How can you prove that you have a brain?

First of all you need to examine what the brain helps it's owner to do if you're able to do the same then there's no doubt you surely have a brain.

So what is the meaning of that title "GOD"?
Can we see anything around us we can point to as proof after considering the meaning of that title?

Well the title GOD connotes SUPREME BEING which means the one who bears that name should be able to say something and make it happen without anything stoping Him, Her or It.

Have you ever seen anyone who spoke and did exactly what He promised without hindrance? smiley
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by BitterPost: 6:43pm On Aug 10
Debating the existence of God is foolish.

Jacktheripper:
I need to go contemplate the meaning of life

The bolded is what we are suppose to be debating?
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by StillDtruth: 9:23pm On Aug 10
jaephoenix:

Schizophrenic like you ca'nt see it😆

jaephoenix:

3. This third point no jus follow at all. So its the populace that determines if a position is true or not?

And when did i say this Thank God you admitted.the Truth that it "does not necessarily indicate something is true

Gosh! See Madness o.
You mean that is what you understood i.said?
No wonder you speak stupidly and madly!

You are scbrizophenic😲😲😲
Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe mental disorder that affects the way a person thinks, acts, expresses emotions, perceives reality, and relates to others.

Ah! No wonder, you are naturally mad and cannot comprehend things. Ah, no need to dey answer you again.

You be kolo. God don make this one Mad since.😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by Jacktheripper: 9:29pm On Aug 10
jaephoenix:

I'm not for or against the notion. Read carefully again, this time with a full stomach.
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by StillDtruth: 10:18pm On Aug 10
ElRapido:

Only in the minds of Cursed children of satan.
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by StillDtruth: 10:20pm On Aug 10
BitterPost:
Debating the existence of God is foolish
The bolded is what we are suppose to be debating?

Only Cursed people are still looking for the meaning of life.
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by ElRapido: 10:31pm On Aug 10
StillDtruth:

Only in the minds of Cursed children of satan.

On top wetin? OP didn't mention which God anyway. But I'm guessing it is the Christian God, but not sorry to say, such God doesn't exist.
Re: Does God Exist? The Answer May Shock You. by StillDtruth: 10:47pm On Aug 10
ElRapido:

On top wetin? OP didn't mention which God anyway. But I'm guessing it is the Christian God, but not sorry to say, such God doesn't exist.

You won't have sorry to say when God's punishments starts.

(1) (Reply)

Some Christians Are On The Highway To Hell Without Realising It / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :thursday, June 20, 2019 / The 2nd Half Of The Year 2019 Will Be Far Better For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.