Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,063 members, 7,987,781 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 04:41 PM

What Exactly Does It Mean To Judge Someone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Does It Mean To Judge Someone? (107 Views)

Did Jesus Tell Us Not To Judge Or People Misunderstood Him? / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Does It Mean To Judge Someone? by SunShowAfrica: 9:48am On Aug 10
Hello people,

In the course of my reading on this Religion section, I have discovered that many folks acuse each other of 'judging' based on Matthew 7:1 & 2-
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

I have however been pondering on the issue of judging, on a wider scale other than Nairaland. I shall illustrate using the story of Jack and Jill, my two fictitious characters.
What I have discovered (and I may be wrong) is that Jack accuses Jill of judging when Jill tells Jack that what he did or wrote at some time is wrong, is inconsistent with scripture and could incure the wrath of God.

The truth of the matter is that Jill's judgement is usually based on what is right, according to the bible. The question then is: "is pointing out another person's faults based on the bible judging?"
Personally, I think there should be an understanding of the difference between a hypocrite and a judge. If Jill was accusing Jack of something that she also does, it is hypocricy, not judging. There is a difference. Or is there
Re: What Exactly Does It Mean To Judge Someone? by BitterPost: 4:40pm On Aug 10
SunShowAfrica:
In the course of my reading on this Religion section, I have discovered that many folks acuse each other of 'judging'

SunShowAfrica:
The question then is: "is pointing out another person's faults based on the bible judging?"

You are searching for answers concerning judging in a section filled with deluded folks that accuse each other of judging?

Re: What Exactly Does It Mean To Judge Someone? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10
SunShowAfrica:

Hello people,

The question then is: "is pointing out another person's faults based on the bible judging?"

According to the scripture Jesus said:

“Stop judging that you may not be judged;
for with the judgment you are judging, you will be judged, and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you". Matthew 7:1-2

This means all of us do judge our neighbors in the past but Jesus is telling us to STOP doing so.

WHY?

The YARDSTICK we use in judging others is the same YARDSTICK God will use to judge us.

If we curse someone for lying or stealing then we should know that the same curse will go to anyone lying or stealing including the one laying curse on others for lying or stealing.

So if we know we can't live without doing any of those things then we MUST forgive others no matter what they do to hurt us. Matthew 6:12:14-15

But if we are sure that we can live without sin then we can judge without a second thought!

Thanks, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Exactly Does It Mean To Judge Someone? by StillDtruth: 10:09pm On Aug 10
BitterPost:

You are searching for answers concerning judging in a section filled with deluded folks that accuse each other of judging?

Clearly, you are part of the deluded judgers.
Re: What Exactly Does It Mean To Judge Someone? by StillDtruth: 10:16pm On Aug 10
SunShowAfrica:

The truth of the matter is that Jill's judgement is usually based on what is right, according to the bible. The question then is: "is pointing out another person's faults based on the bible judging?"
Personally, I think there should be an understanding of the difference between a hypocrite and a judge. If Jill was accusing Jack of something that she also does, it is hypocricy, not judging. There is a difference. Or is there

Judgment is judgment whether right full or not.

And the story of the adulterous woman and that evil servant who beat up a servant gor owing him shows you what happens when people judge hypocritically.

John 7:24 I
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

(1) (Reply)

OBATALA Created Rules Upon Which The Universe Operates / Pastor Jeremiah Releases Miracle Stone / Scoan’s Women Of Grace Holds Inaugural Convention In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.