Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,569 members, 7,929,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 12:25 AM

LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court (26201 Views)

35 Reps Push For Six-Year Tenure For President, Rotation Among Zones, Others / Bagudu Dissolves 21 Local Councils Chairmen, Councilors In Kebbi / Governor Oyetola Orders Osun LG Chairmen, Councilors To Vacate Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Oghene86: 1:44pm On Aug 11
Kam2021:

Na waooo but supreme court has told you that state assemblies can extend tenure,so the assembly is right on track.The chairmen were duly elected, in the absence of election, their tenure was extended because caretaker chairman is illegal.
Supreme court ruled that tenure extended is the rightful mandate of the people that was extended.

Which supreme told you that? Supreme Court never said that na wa for you 😔
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by commoditiesnig: 2:13pm On Aug 11
Good news for the 3rd tier of Govt
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by LordIsaac(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11
Harrynight:

They're not even hidding it again grin

It is now official They will be ENJOYING FOR GOOD 4YRS not necessarily serve for 4yrs😁
Exactly! grin
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by abiolamitodun(m): 4:17pm On Aug 11
Why should they use the word enjoy...are they not there to work...

It's obvious they are there on a looting spree
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by IamBlanco(m): 4:41pm On Aug 11
These fubara emergency supporters in conjunction with Wike haters are insisting that the rivers LG chairmen are out. LOL

Here’s a simple question for y’all.

Since the issue of Caketaker Chairmen has already been ruled as ILLEGAL by the Supreme Court,

WHO OCCUPIES THE OFFICES AS THE AUTHENTIC LG CHAIRMEN?

Remember:
- Nwanosike and co. were elected
- Their tenures we’re extended by the State Assembly led by the Speaker Rt. Hon. Amaewhule
- There’s no vacuum in governance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by ITbomb(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11
I'm not comfortable with the way Supreme Court is rewriting the Constitution.

We are celebrating today, tomorrow we don't know who will be holding the pen.

It is a very bad precedent
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by ITbomb(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11
I'm very much afraid of afraid of the future
We now have two different laws in Nigeria.
The Constitution and Supreme Court rulings
Define anarchy again for me

henroe2k2:
Without a constitutional amendment, the supreme court just succeeded in engaging in an academic exercise.

There must be a clear intention to abolish the joint account between the LGAs and State governments.

When the constitution has clearly stated the constitution to be 3yrs, the supreme court can't do otherwise.

These are matters that only a constitutional amendment can take care of and not a court ruling...
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by BondRiv: 5:19pm On Aug 11
As the court pleases. The right thing must be done for once. Governors are impeding the growth of this country.
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Didi2d(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11
Why using the word enjoy
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Kobojunkieee: 5:25pm On Aug 11
ITbomb:
↪I'm not comfortable with the way Supreme Court is rewriting the Constitution. We are celebrating today, tomorrow we don't know who will be holding the pen. It is a very bad precedent
The Supreme Court has essentially set itself above the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land. That document means absolutely nothing as far as their interpretation of the Nigerian democracy is concerned. It is no longer sacred! What Nigeria now has is a Supreme Court gone rogue!lipsrsealed
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by BondRiv: 5:29pm On Aug 11
ITbomb:
I'm very much afraid of afraid of the future
We now have two different laws in Nigeria.
The Constitution and Supreme Court rulings
Define anarchy again for me

There is no anarchy, rather you are calling for it. Go back to school to gain an understanding of our system of government, especially as it concerns the judicial branch and what it means when the apex court in the land gives a judgement. This judgement of the Supreme Court is the position of the law. I won't even delve into jurisprudence seeing how you are still grappling with the basics.

1 Like

Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Dspsalvate: 5:30pm On Aug 11
All i have to say is that let it work ooooo
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Mrfixitt(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

Tinubu's Presidency seems o have rejuvenated our judiciary

It feels like we now have a truly independent Supreme Court for once
Be deceiving yourself dude. Your case is voluminous and deep
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by favor914: 10:52pm On Aug 11
IamBlanco:
These fubara emergency supporters in conjunction with Wike haters are insisting that the rivers LG chairmen are out. LOL

Here’s a simple question for y’all.

Since the issue of Caketaker Chairmen has already been ruled as ILLEGAL by the Supreme Court,

WHO OCCUPIES THE OFFICES AS THE AUTHENTIC LG CHAIRMEN?

Remember:
- Nwanosike and co. were elected
- Their tenures we’re extended by the State Assembly led by the Speaker Rt. Hon. Amaewhule
- There’s no vacuum in governance
Those Useless disillusioned Obidients.

1 Like

Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by favor914: 10:53pm On Aug 11
Mrfixitt:
Be deceiving yourself dude. Your case is voluminous and deep
Desist from self hate.
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Shimbo96(m): 12:11am On Aug 12
ngwaIgbo223:

So everyone that support Obi is obidient... sense is really far from you.
I want to see if they will ban you before I give you a reply that you deserve.
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Shimbo96(m): 12:17am On Aug 12
ngwaIgbo223:

So everyone that support Obi is obidient... sense is really far from you.
so what do you call people that support Peter Obi? Joke is on you ma😜
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by ngwaIgbo223: 9:22am On Aug 12
Shimbo96:
I want to see if they will ban you before I give you a reply that you deserve.

Coward, you can't face me...you go wait tire.
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by ngwaIgbo223: 9:23am On Aug 12
Shimbo96:
so what do you call people that support Peter Obi? Joke is on you ma😜

Small sister you are wrong sissy.
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by Orlu15(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14
vanitybutiwanti:
sharapp, they were elected igbo man, the bulk of you are just meddlesome interlopers
Close that your dirty mouth, they were selected not elected. Some of you are filled with primodial sentiment!
Re: LG Chairmen, Councilors To Enjoy Four-year Tenure — Supreme Court by vanitybutiwanti: 10:26pm On Aug 14
Orlu15:

Close that your dirty mouth, they were selected not elected. Some of you are filled with primodial sentiment!
idiiot was sim fubara not selected according to your warped logic? Get lost and focus on your igbo shiithole states fhools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How FG Plotted Senate Invasion/mace Snatching By Thugs - Wike / 2023: Don’t Blame Anybody If You Sabotage Obi –NEF / My Report Was Downloaded Online: LP Witness Insists No Glitch On 25/2/23

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.