Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,633 members, 7,930,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone (31501 Views)

Paris2024: Rene Wakama is the Best Women's Basketball Coach / Team Nigeria Leaves Paris2024 Olympics Without A Medal / Paris2024 Olympics: Ogunsemilore Provisionally Suspended Over Failed Drug Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Icezak(m): 4:14pm On Aug 11
Mosquito don swallow the remaining 3Billion.

1x2x3:

They are are being conservative, it's actually N12 billion

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/paris-olympic-nigerias-participation-to-gulp-over-n12bn/amp/

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Shikena(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11
The Nairaland cursing experts must shower curses on the money so that it won't benefit anybody that collected shares for any purpose unrelated to the Olympics! cool

spartachico:
More like 2billion was spent and 7 billion pocketed and shared amongst the planning committee
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by DMerciful(m): 4:21pm On Aug 11
Different types of craze
Oshkosch:

Bros keep quiet and face the issues squarely.
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Emmanuelcann: 4:27pm On Aug 11
Well and good. How much was eaten?
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by franudi: 4:28pm On Aug 11
Tinubu is a bad influence.
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by NewDea4: 4:36pm On Aug 11
Dpharisee:
There are some Monikers I feel are making this site to become boring, they occupy every thread and it's tiresome repeating same opinions over and over and spreading bigotry.
It's difficult to get new perspectives here, before I read comments now I have to first check the Moniker to avoid saturating my brain with too many nonsense.

All efforts to cleanup this site by the owner seems to have failed because some of the old bigoted Mods that people complained about are still in charge and not adding new value to Nairaland, perhaps they are his relatives 🤔

Back to the topic, how can a country that spent N90B on Muslim pilgrims to Mecca and another potential N90B for Christians to Jerusalem and Rome but spent N9B for its athletes to Olympics (most of it may have even been embezzled) expect to win medals 🏅
Athletes even had to go around begging other contingents for bicycle 🚲 to compete cheesy
Perhaps we should continue praying for medals in the Holy Lands. Mad rulers and mad citizens, Ndi ala, Asiwere eniyan angry

Seun sold his site to them already
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Ubanz: 5:00pm On Aug 11
And they couldn't buy common bicycle for their athletes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by solacong: 5:15pm On Aug 11
Blessing4All:
Good afternoon, daddies, mommies, my big brothers and sisters on Nairaland Forum.

Please, I need your help Sir/Ma.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 years old and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Friday morning, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Friday morning, other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate it.

I live at No 29, Kajola Street, Bode Olude, Elega, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 7 0 1 8 9 7 4 5 8 3

Please help me with any amount, #800 will do a lot for me at this time. It will buy me #500 bread and #300 beans.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

Thank you very much. May God continue to bless and protect you. Amen

I want to sell my Tecno WX3.

Price: #15,000
Call: 0 7 0 1 8 9 7 4 5 8 3

Please buy my phone. I need to buy food, I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.

Oga you are still yet to sell this your phone for over 2 months?

go get a job man, yo no fit make am with this corporate begging na, grow up!

NL should flag this your house address

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by April4th(m): 5:16pm On Aug 11
Nigeria is truly fantastically corrupt. N9bn and not even a copper to show for it. What a waste of scarce resources.
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by t2luv1: 6:17pm On Aug 11
Dpharisee:
There are some Monikers I feel are making this site to become boring, they occupy every thread and it's tiresome repeating same opinions over and over and spreading bigotry.
It's difficult to get new perspectives here, before I read comments now I have to first check the Moniker to avoid saturating my brain with too many nonsense.

All efforts to cleanup this site by the owner seems to have failed because some of the old bigoted Mods that people complained about are still in charge and not adding new value to Nairaland, perhaps they are his relatives 🤔

Back to the topic, how can a country that spent N90B on Muslim pilgrims to Mecca and another potential N90B for Christians to Jerusalem and Rome but spent N9B for its athletes to Olympics (most of it may have even been embezzled) expect to win medals 🏅
Athletes even had to go around begging other contingents for bicycle 🚲 to compete cheesy
Perhaps we should continue praying for medals in the Holy Lands. Mad rulers and mad citizens, Ndi ala, Asiwere eniyan angry

Noticed the pattern 90B for Muslims and 90B for Christians. Question what exactly is in Rome for Christians to visit? Rome is for Catholics. Nigeria is trending to be in a Comatose state pretty soon.
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by frog12: 6:19pm On Aug 11
so dem give christians 90b
prove it.
t2luv1:

Noticed the pattern 90B for Muslims and 90B for Christians. Question what exactly is in Rome for Christians to visit? Rome is for Catholics. Nigeria is trending to be in a Comatose state pretty soon.

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by DOM7: 6:34pm On Aug 11
How much did they used to renovate the VP house? what is his value to Nigerian economy?
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Mrexcell(m): 6:53pm On Aug 11
[quote author=Dpharisee post=131450744]There are some Monikers I feel are making this site to become boring, they occupy every thread and it's tiresome repeating same opinions over and over and spreading bigotry.

The owner of this forum indirectly supports the daily bigotry that goes on here that's why it will definitely never end if he doesn't supports it this forum would have long been cleaned up of primitive bigots that mess up his site. I don't think it's a difficult thing to do u can't find the level of insane bigotry that goes on here in other nigerian blogs.
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by correctguy101(m): 7:13pm On Aug 11
DeepSight:

Nine billion for Olympics, Ninety billion for Hajj.
What a country.

That one na life?

And people still have hope for the country? I don't envy their naivety . ..

This metric no make sense any angle you check am. And na so-called people with brains draw and carry am out...

Smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by DeepSight(m): 7:17pm On Aug 11
correctguy101:

That one na life?

And people still have hope for the country? I don't envy their naivety . ..

This metric no make sense any angle you check am. And na so-called people with brains draw and carry am out...

Smh

I taya oh. Its still benumbing to me.

Can one even conceive all the opportunities that rest in the Olympics for human development, marketing, jobs, careers, sports industry acceleration, national projection, I can go on and on.

But you allocate a tenth of what you budget for people to go and kiss a black stone in Mecca.

Frankly this alone tells us that we probably have enough resources to do well, and are simply mis-allocating them, with 90 per cent of course, being an "elite tax" (money for the boys).
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by BondRiv: 7:19pm On Aug 11
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by correctguy101(m): 7:32pm On Aug 11
DeepSight:

I taya oh. Its still benumbing to me.

Can one even conceive all the opportunities that rest in the Olympics for human development, marketing, jobs, careers, sports industry acceleration, national projection, I can go on and on.

But you allocate a tenth of what you budget for people to go and kiss a black stone in Mecca.

Frankly this alone tells us that we probably have enough resources to do well, and are simply mis-allocating them, with 90 per cent of course, being an "elite tax" (money for the boys).

I have always been among those who'd scoff at the nonsensical talk of the country being poor, population this and that and blah blah blah...

Any regular citizen holding and spreading such misinformation is either benefiting from the status quo or has something wrong with their heads.

Just a glance at our books would always point at one problem.. MISMANAGEMENT

The country is poor yet the government can still spend extravagantly like yahoo boys with their first ever loot? Abegi make I hia word...

Common sense should tell anyone to look at the reality on ground, not all those manufactured data and analysis of crazy itchy handed government officials and their minions.

Its like a husband and father always telling his wife and children he has no money but beer parlour na his second house and he's keeping multiple girls. Dem dey use empty pocket run all those kind wahala?

I greet ya office brother. I just say make I talj a bit more today. Some Nigerians character dey make me speechless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by DeepSight(m): 7:46pm On Aug 11
correctguy101:

I have always been among those who'd scoff at the nonsensical talk of the country being poor, population this and that and blah blah blah...

Any regular citizen holding and spreading such misinformation is either benefiting from the status quo or has something wrong with their heads.

Just a glance at our books would always point at one problem.. MISMANAGEMENT

The country is poor yet the government can still spend extravagantly like yahoo boys with their first ever loot? Abegi make I hia word...

Common sense should tell anyone to look at the reality on ground, not all those manufactured data and analysis of crazy itchy handed government officials and their minions.

Its like a husband and father always telling his wife and children he has no money but beer parlour na his second house and he's keeping multiple girls. Dem dey use empty pocket run all those kind wahala?

I greet ya office brother. I just say make I talj a bit more today. Some Nigerians character dey make me speechless.

I salute, commander!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Otiwaikuku: 8:14pm On Aug 11
Dpharisee:

Pls can you drop the source you got the news that FG spent 90 billion on Christian pilgrimage o Jerusalem & Rome?
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Elidrisy20: 8:37pm On Aug 11
N9billion well spend
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Balistic4: 8:40pm On Aug 11
Dpharisee:

Bro, seun himself is the biggest bigot, you need to see the trash he writes on Twitter. Lol. Just read and Waka pass. No remedy for nairaland grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Shimbo96(m): 8:55pm On Aug 11
Archangels2:
I don't believe it. 9 billion for what? Were they hosting the Olympics?

Except if it's for fraud else I don't believe it
I swear, Nigeria has one of the worst preparation, just imagine Ofili case... I think Nigeria SENATE is very useless if they can't probe this. Nigeria is filled with Talent and it's so disheartening that we always carry last even though we have people to win medals for us wasting there talent on something else due to poor recruitment.
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Pauliaette(m): 11:59pm On Aug 11
9 billion na ur mate? Fake story
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by rickleye: 3:03am On Aug 12
spartachico:
More like 2billion was spent and 7 billion pocketed and shared amongst the planning committee

7million spent on committee and 2million on transportation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Offpoint1: 8:44am On Aug 12
Dpharisee:

The site owner is an unserious fellow, he spent more time chasing clout on Twitter than improving on his site. He only comes here to post his parent's seminar and vanished back to Twitter.
Dube is OK with mediocrity, Facebook is just a year older than this site... Imagine where he would have been if he's serious.

It's pathetic, all post has turned to tribal and political in the comments.
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by Keem25: 1:09pm On Aug 12
The oga's go share the money
Now
For sure
Re: Nigeria Budgeted N9Billion For Paris2024 Olympics - Africa Facts Zone by MrBanner(m): 10:14am On Aug 13
solacong:

Oga you are still yet to sell this your phone for over 2 months?

go get a job man, yo no fit make am with this corporate begging na, grow up!

NL should flag this your house address

Seun and other nairaland mods can actually censor his account number to deter him from doing this but they have chosen not to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Morocco Vs Iran: Reno Omokri "Buhari Infected Morocco With Failure" / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Two Fans Injured In Clashes Ahead Of Europa League (Photos) / I am not your friend: Tebas, Vinicius Jnr Clash over racism claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.