Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,671 members, 7,930,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 03:21 PM

Please What Can I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please What Can I Do? (321 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Can I Do? by Meerahbel: 11:58am On Aug 11
Good morning

Please can you post this as I need advice.

I got a job around April in an accounting firm,it is a remote job because the company just started operations.I was given an offer letter and my salary was stated to be 150k

In April,my boss got a contract with a client in Ajah and he told me to handle it .

I renegotiated my salary for the period because I stay on the mainland and I would be going daily.i renegotiated it to 150k.

Last month was my first month,I used my own money as transport,faced all the stress, since salary is paid end of the month

Now the company that contracted my place of work are not able to pay my boss for reasons beyond my control or that if my bosses control.

He then hasn't paid me my salary for last month,he has paid his other staffs working remotely apart from me and is blaming me for everything, saying before the situation happened I should have advised him to ask them to pay for the money or what not....
No one knew what was going to happen not even the management of the company.

He is actually really rubbing it on my face that he won't pay me and repeating that ha has paid every one else.

He is even asking me that should he borrow money to pay me.

I reminded him politely that I am not under the clients payroll but his and I don't have any former agreement with them,I am only working with them on behalf of him and he is now saying it's my responsibility to get the money back. I am actually tired and sad because I spent my own money for transport,I spend around #3500 daily,I leave the house early and get home.very late.

I don't eat at work so I can have enough,rain will fall on the island and I will enter flood just to get to the place and now I won't get paid for all my work.

And I did everything that was asked for me to do. Now he is complaining that the report I made ,the "font" isnt professional enough I should change it.
He even mentioned that as a reference on why I shouldn't be paid on a meeting with my remaining colleagues.
That I am incompetent

Please what can I do,I still have the office laptop with me and i was thinking of resigning and not releasing the laptop until I get my money.

And again I realised that I only have the offer letter for when my salary was stated 50k ,I don't have any letter or email for our agreement that my salary will be 150k for the cause of the assignment.

And also knowing my boss he would want to assert dominance and collect the laptop from me even if it involves the police and might even lie that he didn't have any discussion about salary for the duration of the contract.

Please what can I do
Re: Please What Can I Do? by MatrixReloaded: 12:12pm On Aug 11
Meerahbel:

The laptop is the companies property and could raise motion that you stole it.
Simply tender your resignation letter and file for court order, thereby an agreement based on oral proposition is uncertain but can weigh in something in return.
Re: Please What Can I Do? by AngelSlay: 4:57pm On Aug 11
Return the laptop and learn from it

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do? by Meerahbel: 1:03pm On Aug 14
shocked
AngelSlay:
Return the laptop and learn from it
Re: Please What Can I Do? by AngelSlay: 11:44pm On Aug 17
Re: Please What Can I Do? by nysot(f): 11:27am On Aug 19
Please return their laptop, if you can forfeit the money please do..If you hold on to the laptop they can rope you..Let God avenge for you..I know it is not easy but it is what it is. I have been there before, where is the company today? Nowhere

(1) (Reply)

Would You Consider A Plan B?..the Power Of Leveraging / Post All On-air Personality Related jobs Here Thanks / 40-45 Ft Boxed Body Trucks Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.