Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,531 members, 7,951,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:29 PM

Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? (374 Views)

These Online Girls Are Not Beautiful In Real Life, Nigerian Man Says / Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him / 10 Realistic steps a lady should follow if she truly desires marital peace(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by ayjay45(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11
I’m trying to learn martial arts. I don’t know which to learn karate or taekwondo etc
Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by HeatSeeker(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11
ayjay45:
I’m trying to learn martial arts. I don’t know which to learn karate or taekwondo etc

Krav Maga
Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by Everyday247: 3:01pm On Aug 11
ayjay45:
No martial art work in real life. OP if you're looking for a means of self defence, just Break bottles on people's heads. Works all the time. 👍👍 cool cool

1 Like

Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by Nkpitime(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11
Find better 2 by 2 polin near by
Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by MrCork: 3:11pm On Aug 11
ayjay45:

I can teach u japandojosuki for free......u will be able to beat 20 ,people together ..truss me!! angry
Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by JuicyEarth: 3:29pm On Aug 11
Karate... taekwando is basically sport show.

I remember those days when we use to train in the same areana with a taekwando team, our coach use to warn not to use of our striking kicks towards them. In karate stance you can kick from any direction because most of our kicks are close kicks not wide-open like taekwando. In karate you don't need to loose your strength jumping like a frog. Anytime we happens to spar with those guys, na to just break break their legs.

Karate to me is a way of life. It builds everything about you, trust me. A thief once approached me on a lonely road, with his gun, demanding for my laptop grin..I knew what exact to do courtesy of karate. He finally ran for his life. However, in training we were warn never to engage in street fighting or be the first aggressor but always protect yourself when attacked.

Go for karate, it build confidence.

3 Likes

Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by chachanga: 4:00pm On Aug 11
I'd go with Krav Maga. Readies you for close range high intensity fighting.
Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by FitCorper: 4:12pm On Aug 11
Op forget rules wen street fighting. Just protect your stomach and throat, no worry if u enter fight they must punch your face but just make sure say na you land d heaviest blow to your opponent. There was a night 3 niggas encompassed me I just take dem don bouncing and small back jogging until them wear out then with my first blow to one of their face the guy reach ground lie down flat, punch the second one for belle e begin hold belle third wan shift back small, coast clear come see 100 by 100 sprint wey I tear that night before the two wey don de ground rise again I don reach my gate release my dogs carry chain begin challenge them to enter d compound of them get mind. grin street fight de sweet sha

1 Like

Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by pansophist(m): 4:22pm On Aug 11
The martial art principle that I like, and have incorporated is the concept of "sheathing the sword".

As in, you can provoke a martial art person and he will just be looking at you. You will think you've gotten away with lots of provocation, manipulation etc, but he will act like he didn't notice.

He will give you chances to act right, and hope you realise that life is good when we both treat each other well, instead of your silly low class act of manipulations.

He might not point out your aggression to you, because he doesn't want the burden of apologies that you'll bear, or your defensiveness, gas lighting etc. He just expect you act right.

After giving many chances, while the other person think he/she is smart, then they will bring our their sword, and I promise you, that sword is not going back to sheathe without your blood as a price.

By blood, I'm speaking metaphorically. The blood could be loss of friendship, withdrawal of friendship privilege, and dealing with the aggressors in a way that compensate for their aggression.

And they ain't going back. You've gotten your chance but missed it, abused it, and drunk under the idea that you worth anything because they tolerated your bullshit for long.

So self-restraint is key. Sheathe your sword, but if you ever bring it out, it should not go back to sheathe without blood.

11 Likes

Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11
Reality is different from Chinese kungfu movies

1 Like

Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by FoolishBoy419: 4:42pm On Aug 11
Buy a pistol bro but if you really really want to know how to fight, then learn kickboxing and Judo.
Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by VinnyBaba: 10:35pm On Aug 11
If you Try that Martial Arts Shit with a WARRI Boy. sad
Dem go Just Plank Your Head. undecided
Re: Which Marital Arts Can Be Applied In Real Life Street Fighting? by bahdpersona(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11
Brazilian jiu-jitsu is the best

(1) (Reply)

Word For The Ladies / Register And Get Paid / I'm Growing Up Seriously Sheltered From The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.