Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,651 members, 7,926,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 02:31 AM

Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG (217 Views)

Obaseki Accepts Ogie’s Resignation, Appoints Eboigbe As Edo SSG / Eboigbe, Supporters Dump PDP For APC In Delta / Truck Of Rice Found In Joseph Ununu's Residence In Ebonyi As Police Investigate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG by UdabaPrince100: 5:33pm On Aug 12
Obaseki swears in Joseph Eboigbe as new Edo SSG

...charges on finishing strong agenda

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, on Monday, inaugurated Joseph Eboigbe as the new Secretary to the State Government.

Before his appointment, Eboigbe had served as a former Special Adviser to the Governor on Budget and Economic Planning and later as Commissioner for Finance. He is also the chairman of the 20-member transition committee to pilot the smooth transition to the next administration.

His appointment followed the resignation of Osarodion Ogie Esq., who resigned to pursue his political aspiration as the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the September 21 gubernatorial election.

Obaseki who inaugurated the new SSG at the EXCO Chambers at the Government House, in Benin City, expressed confidence in the capacity of Eboigbe to deliver, describing him as an astute, diligent, and detailed man who has proven himself under his administration.

He said, “The new SSG is an old hand. He has been part of this administration. He served as a former Special Adviser on Budget and Economic Planning and later as Commissioner for Finance. Currently, he is the chairman of the transition committee; we couldn’t find a better person than him. He was there in the beginning and will help us finish strong.

“We know him well to be an astute professional, very diligent, and detailed in any assignment he is given to do. I have no doubt in my mind that he knows what to do in helping us to finish strong and ensuring we have a perfect transition and succession to the next administration. I congratulate you and thank you for accepting to serve.”

In his response, the new SSG, Mr. Joseph Eboigbe thanked the governor for reposing confidence in him to serve in the capacity of the Secretary to Edo State Government, adding, "This is a very huge assignment, especially few months to round up this administration. I am committed to excellence sir, and promise to discharge my responsibilities to my utmost ability and exceed all expectations set for me.”

*PHOTO CAPTION*

*DSC_01*

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki (right), after the inauguration of Joseph Eboigbe as the new Secretary to the State Government, at the Government House, in Benin City, on Monday, August 12, 2024.

*DSC_02*

L-R: Edo State Head of Service, Dr. Anthony Okungbowa Esq.; Deputy Governor, Omobayo Marvellous Godwins; Governor Godwin Obaseki, and the new Secretary to the State Government, Joseph Eboigbe, after the inauguration of Eboigbe as new Edo SSG, at the Government House, Benin City, on Monday, August 12, 2024

Re: Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG by slivertongue: 6:23pm On Aug 12
God bless Edo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG by Salewa97: 6:35pm On Aug 12
Obaseki is still doing his thing despite the distractions from his predecessors.

Nice one

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG by Jostoman: 6:38pm On Aug 12
Nice one from the people's friendly governor obaseki
Re: Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG by Yorrobber(f): 6:57pm On Aug 12
Must they all be ugly?
Re: Obaseki Swears In Joseph Eboigbe As New Edo SSG by SadiqBabaSani: 7:39pm On Aug 12
Fake man Obaseki weh no do anything for Edi since

(1) (Reply)

FG Hails Obaseki’s Basic Education Reform, As UBEC Sites Model School In Edo / Ademola Adeleke Unending Controversy And Fraud / Institutions Either Going Extinct Or Becoming Endangered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.