Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,153 members, 7,988,004 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 10:08 PM

Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria (19143 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / Must I Be Vaccinated Before I Can Fly Within Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by Exceed15: 9:07am On Aug 14
Your son Seyi can travel to any part of the country for his business but want to restrict somebody's children from advancing their career abroad.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by PHAYOL81: 9:13am On Aug 14
Alright. We hope it works out fine
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by malali: 9:16am On Aug 14
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you...

if you say "Nigeria is being exploited by UK,USA and Canada by poaching their best healthcare workers", how come nigerian politicians prefer foreign doctors and foreign hospitals to nigerian hospitals?

How old are you ?
Do you have enough IQ to decipher figurative statements ?
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by Oghene86: 9:18am On Aug 14
FreeStuffsNG:
We call on recipient countries to implement a 1:1 match—training one worker to replace every publicly trained Nigerian worker they receive.

The policy champions reciprocal agreements with other nations to ensure that the exchange of health workers benefits Nigeria. These bilateral and multilateral agreements are designed to protect national interests while respecting the rights and aspirations of our healthcare professionals.
Many Nigerian healthcare workers leave the country for greener pastures, leaving their colleagues to contend with additional workload and extended call hours.

This policy is a great effort on the part of the executive arm of the Federal Government. The real drain is the uncontrolled migration of healthcare professionals educated with tax payers' hard-earned money. It's daylight robbery of the taxpayers, states and Federal Government by these public-educated Healthcare professionals who flee abroad after their education with public funds! Cuba stopped it and today secured its health system with professionals trained with public taxes,Nigeria can do so too. This injustice meted to the Nigerian state by the fleeing healthcare professionals educated with public funds has to stop immediately. It's an ungodly and criminal injustice done to the Nigerian public education and Healthcare system.

I am glad that the states will execute the policy as well. This is the kind of policy many Nigerian Patriots have been calling for in order to protect the rights of the average Nigerian taxpayer whose tax was used to educate a healthcare professional who immediately flees abroad after receiving training with taxes paid by Nigerians. It's a completely unfair system and something should have long been done about it although it's good that something is eventually being done to arrest the fraud.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Which tax payers moneys? We paid school fees and sorted out our living allowances, the government is shy away from its responsibilities, if you want to ensure that medical workers don't migrate, you have to improve on your medical facilities, ensure they are well paid at least close to what their counterpart take home abroad.
You politicians steal the resources and money meant for Nigerians and you come up with useless policies, I struggle to train my kids with my hard earned money you want to dictate to me what they do, this is not North Korea.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by able20(m): 9:20am On Aug 14
malali:
Nigeria is being exploited by UK,USA and Canada by poaching their best healthcare workers.(UK Medicine admissions fell by 12% this year)

They let Nigeria train them(for relatively free) only for them to hire them for peanuts into their own system.

How does the USA,UK and Canada prevent this happening to them ?

They saddle all graduates with huge loans.......give or take 350 thousand dollars.

So that when you graduate, you will be forced to work in the USA, if you desire to pay back that loan.

If you decide to go work somewhere else, you will never be able to pay back that loan.(They devalue the currency of the home country)

If Nigerian government wants to stop this, they need to saddle all those courses that are high brain-drain prone with huge loans.

Give every doctor a 10 million Naira loan, payable only to his tuition and then give them a job where 1 million Naira is forgiven every year or 500k every year. Only award them certificates as doctors after the loans are paid in full or on completion of a mandatory 10 years of working in a government hospital. Salaries have to be competitive and realistic. No doctor should earn less than a senator.

This will deter a lot of health workers from going abroad the next day after graduating.
HIGH LEVEL CORRUPTION IN GOVERNMENT WILL FRAUSTRATE ANYTHING POSITIVE IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by dewiseacre(m): 9:21am On Aug 14
But no policy stopping government officials from going abroad for medical treatment?

Why are our rulers ike this?
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by Oghene86: 9:26am On Aug 14
franchasng:
You fake enlightened Yoróba APC members will just wake up and be talking nonsense out of your senseless effort to defend and support Tinubu's senseless and futile policies.

How and where did you see a Nigerian Doctor migrate abroad to work under one year after graduation, how is it possible? Don't you know that most countries make it compulsory for you to have at least 2 or 3 years work experience before they can accept you?

The other senseless APC online thug said Nigeria trained healthcare workers with taxpayer's money, how and where? So people that also went to private universities were trained by the government? You guys are being so foolish in the name of trying so hard to defend Tinubu's senseless policies.

The reason healthcare workers are migrating abroad is poor wage and salary/allowances.

Tell Tinubu to stop traveling abroad for medical treatment and also ban same for all government officials, then increase budget to ministry of health, buy more medical equipments for government hospitals, renovate and expand existing healthcare facilities, and increase healthcare workers salaries.

Let House Officers (what you guys call Doctors) be paid a minimum of NGN1,500,000 above as starter salary, and Nurses NGN800,000 above and watch them stop migrating naturally.

Senseless people supporting a senseless and directionless leadership

Don't mind them foolish set of people with their supporters, they know what to do but keep dancing around, when we said Tinubu has nothing to offer, they rush out like bees to defend him, for my family and I we are doing what is best for us, Nigeria has failed us, I will not fail my children, the government can their policies for their children not me. Never had a public or private scholarship, worked hard to train my kids nobody can tell me what to do, this is not North Korea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by armadeo(m): 9:26am On Aug 14
eldoradoxx:
I read through, looking for action points on how the policy is intended to work, alas, all i saw was grammar, the usual grammar and nothing else. Doctors, please stay where you are. Nigeria has not changed to deserve a head ache

You really read it.

I also was looking for the points but alas just a long speech with no intent. Usual naija.

Many clowns are applauding for a meaningless speech.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by malali: 9:53am On Aug 14
lexy2014:

as old as you are, cant you answer a simple straightforward question?

if you say "Nigeria is being exploited by UK,USA and Canada by poaching their best healthcare workers", how come nigerian politicians prefer foreign doctors and foreign hospitals to nigerian hospitals?

The answer is there, its not my fault if you don't have the capacity to comprehend it, i am sorry i cant help you with that. I gave you answer, you would have to be intellectually challenged not to understand.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by tnerro1(m): 9:58am On Aug 14
Still japa if you can, it’s not for you, it’s so you don’t bring up your children in this …….hole.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by freemanq(m): 10:13am On Aug 14
Story how did the fg invested on the individual doctors?
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by lexy2014: 10:39am On Aug 14
malali:

The answer is there, its not my fault if you don't have the capacity to comprehend it, i am sorry i cant help you with that. I gave you answer, you would have to be intellectually challenged not to understand.

with all your capacity to comprehend and not being intellectually challenged, how does this response answer the question asked you?
malali:

Good question !
Seeking healthcare is like building a house.
Nigeria has a the best plumbers, no carpenter, mediocre electrician, average painter- Team Nigeria
Foreign hospitals have average plumbers,average carpenters,average electrician,average painter- Team Abroad

So the Foreign hospitals will still poach our Best Plumbers eventually.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:41am On Aug 14
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:43am On Aug 14
Oghene86:

Which tax payers moneys? We paid school fees and sorted out our living allowances, the government is shy away from its responsibilities, if you want to ensure that medical workers don't migrate, you have to improve on your medical facilities, ensure they are well paid at least close to what their counterpart take home abroad.
You politicians steal the resources and money meant for Nigerians and you come up with useless policies, I struggle to train my kids with my hard earned money you want to dictate to me what they do, this is not North Korea.
Doctors should earn minimum of one million naira for starters in Nigeria and Nurses should start with 5ook
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by malali: 10:56am On Aug 14
lexy2014:

with all your capacity to comprehend and not being intellectually challenged, how does this response answer the question asked you?

I have read some of your previous post......I see you are a troll.
I have no time for your type.
Avoid my posts, next time.
Thank you.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by lexy2014: 11:08am On Aug 14
malali:

I have read some of your previous post......I see you are a troll.
I have no time for your type.
Avoid my posts, next time.
Thank you.

oga, how does what you have seen or not seen answer the simple questions you were asked?

malali:

Good question !
Seeking healthcare is like building a house.
Nigeria has a the best plumbers, no carpenter, mediocre electrician, average painter- Team Nigeria
Foreign hospitals have average plumbers,average carpenters,average electrician,average painter- Team Abroad

So the Foreign hospitals will still poach our Best Plumbers eventually.

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by ruffhandu: 11:38am On Aug 14
[quote author=malali post=131497851][/quote]

Laughable bro.
Undergrad + Medical school = You can do 350k easily !!
It doesn't cost up.to 350k

Americans stay home because they are tethered by loans, if you travel and come back the interests on the loans will balloon, Governement gives them jobs, work for 10-15 years for us and we will erase your loans.
That you live abroad does not.deter you from fulfilling your credit obligation, unless you are not earning money.

Not permanently, there is nowhere else that can pay them enough to pay their mortgage and outstanding loans
There are many places to earn much more than you currently earn. When you don't live in America what's the point paying for mortgage? You either sell the property or lease/rent it out. Only a foolish man will.pay mortgage on a property he is not using.

A doctor earning 10 million abroad has 9 million worth of bills,loans,credit cards,expenses,insurance etc
A doctor doesn't pay more than a delivery man, except for existing loans. He can choose to cut his coat accordingly. Earning more gives you an edge, you choose to spend as you wish.

Studying in places like Russia, Ukraine and Poland is almost, for a Nigerian as a foreigner, as expensive as studying in a private university in Nigeria. Now that the subsidy in education has been removed by this man, who is still talking about subsidy? And by how much has the tuition risen?
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by Oghene86: 11:45am On Aug 14
erico2k2:

Doctors should earn minimum of one million naira for starters in Nigeria and Nurses should start with 5ook

Well and fine, but instead he increased the salaries of judicial workers by 300 percent
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by RodgersAkpafu: 11:56am On Aug 14
FreeStuffsNG:
We call on recipient countries to implement a 1:1 match—training one worker to replace every publicly trained Nigerian worker they receive.

The policy champions reciprocal agreements with other nations to ensure that the exchange of health workers benefits Nigeria. These bilateral and multilateral agreements are designed to protect national interests while respecting the rights and aspirations of our healthcare professionals.
Many Nigerian healthcare workers leave the country for greener pastures, leaving their colleagues to contend with additional workload and extended call hours.

This policy is a great effort on the part of the executive arm of the Federal Government. The real drain is the uncontrolled migration of healthcare professionals educated with tax payers' hard-earned money. It's daylight robbery of the taxpayers, states and Federal Government by these public-educated Healthcare professionals who flee abroad after their education with public funds! Cuba stopped it and today secured its health system with professionals trained with public taxes,Nigeria can do so too. This injustice meted to the Nigerian state by the fleeing healthcare professionals educated with public funds has to stop immediately. It's an ungodly and criminal injustice done to the Nigerian public education and Healthcare system.

I am glad that the states will execute the policy as well. This is the kind of policy many Nigerian Patriots have been calling for in order to protect the rights of the average Nigerian taxpayer whose tax was used to educate a healthcare professional who immediately flees abroad after receiving training with taxes paid by Nigerians. It's a completely unfair system and something should have long been done about it although it's good that something is eventually being done to arrest the fraud.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

you really think this mumu policy will have any effect ?
I laugh una
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by youngrichnigga: 12:16pm On Aug 14
DOA, the APCshit government is on a long thing undecided undecided undecided
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by ednut1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 14
Ali pate himself did residency abroad o 😂
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by NaMe4: 12:28pm On Aug 14
We have a lot of medical practitioners who are not engaged by government at the Federal and State levels.

The very few employed are overwhelmed by inadequate manpower in addition to poor welfare.

So Countries who appreciate the value of these professionals will continue to rush them.

Regarding healthcare professionals who were sponsored by government, they have always signed a bond agreement with their respective State governments to work for a number of years post-graduation. Many of them who travel do so after fulfilling their part of the bond. So this is nothing new. So those who want to practice outside Nigeria will do so.

We should stop deceiving ourselves, rather than spend billions on vehicles and welfare packages of National Assembly representatives of Nigerians who are afflicted with all manner of poor health indices, employ more professionals in our healthcare facilities, make funding for research accessible, avail grants or loans for investment in the sector, etc.

But no o! We would rather employ one doctor where there are supposed to be ten in order to cut cost in paying professionals in such critical sector.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by tsnoop(m): 12:53pm On Aug 14
And the politicians shouldn’t travel out for medical care

Check our post for super clean cars and original electronics
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by OChimex: 1:51pm On Aug 14
malali:
Nigeria is being exploited by UK,USA and Canada by poaching their best healthcare workers.(UK Medicine admissions fell by 12% this year)

They let Nigeria train them(for relatively free) only for them to hire them for peanuts into their own system.

They saddle all graduates with huge loans.......give or take 350 thousand dollars.

So that when you graduate, you will be forced to work in the USA, if you desire to pay back that loan.

If you decide to go work somewhere else, you will never be able to pay back that loan.(They devalue the currency of the home country)

If Nigerian government wants to stop this, they need to saddle all those courses that are high brain-drain prone with huge loans.

Give every doctor a 10 million Naira loan, payable only to his tuition and then give them a job where 1 million Naira is forgiven every year or 500k every year. Only award them certificates as doctors after the loans are paid in full or on completion of a mandatory 10 years of working in a government hospital. Salaries have to be competitive and realistic. No doctor should earn less than a senator.

This will deter a lot of health workers from going abroad the next day after graduating.

Clown . In the US, they don't recognize Nigeria certificate nor education/training.

You can't be employed in the US with your useless Nigeria certificate. Lol..

Ask Tinibu to stop seeking medical help abroad too.. it's the same. You patronize outsiders for what your people have

1 Like

Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by davillian(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14
DevilsEqual:

It's not for them. It's just the Govt doing what it has to do to retain its best brains

First they should restrain public office holders from traveling abroad for medical treatment.....
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by drstranged: 2:52pm On Aug 14
malali:

Your suggestions look sound except the second to last paragraph. A doctor CANNOT practice anywhere, including his country without a certificate. The certificate goes beyond just certification but also as a boundary between a real medical practitioner and a quack. Without such certificate, you'd watch as the number of quacks rise in health care practice, and this will further endanger the lives of Nigerians. The government should instead address the main issues at hand which are propelling them to leave especially renumeration and provision of adequate facilities/tools for them to work with.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by malali: 3:14pm On Aug 14
drstranged:

Your suggestions look sound except the second to last paragraph. A doctor CANNOT practice anywhere, including his country without a certificate. The certificate goes beyond just certification but also as a boundary between a real medical practitioner and a quack. Without such certificate, you'd watch as the number of quacks rise in health care practice, and this will further endanger the lives of Nigerians. The government should instead address the main issues at hand which are propelling them to leave especially renumeration and provision of adequate facilities/tools for them to work with.

Have your heard of limited or provisional licenses ?
Its similar to doing house job for a longer number of years....
Some other countries issue licenses without "certification" and give you a few years before the certification
There are ways around your concern.
I assume you are a dr from your moniker.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by malali: 3:15pm On Aug 14
OChimex:

Clown
. In the US, they don't recognize Nigeria certificate nor education/training.

You can't be employed in the US with your useless Nigeria certificate. Lol..

Ask Tinibu to stop seeking medical help abroad too.. it's the same. You patronize outsiders for what your people have

I only respond to civil people.
Re: Japa: Tinubu Approves Policy To Retain Medical Experts Within Nigeria by godofuck231: 7:27pm On Aug 14
WorldRichest:

Some people will never see good things in their lives because good news anger them
APC witchcraft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bolt Blocks Fake Ride Requests In Nigeria And South Africa / Northern Lady Laments The Wrong Perception People Have About The North / FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.