Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:26 AM

WAEC Result Issues: Ondo State Government Creating A Bad Precedence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAEC Result Issues: Ondo State Government Creating A Bad Precedence (240 Views)

Atiku Presidency Will Be Bad Precedence To Our Children Children. / Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket / Orji Uzor Kalu Set The Bad Precedence For Bad Governance In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Result Issues: Ondo State Government Creating A Bad Precedence by NairaPerson1: 10:58am On Aug 14
A public analyst, Oluwatosin Akinyele has berated the Ondo State Government under the leadership of His Excellency, Lucky Aiyedatiwa for his alleged failure to pay up for the SSCE (WAEC) results of Ondo public students.

Recall that WAEC released the results of students earlier this week, public student in their numbers decried their inability to access their result over State Government alleged inability to pay up.

Oluwatosin reiterated that the Governor is creating a bad precedence by failing to meet its responsibility in the face of hardship enveloping the state.

He also called on the State Government to immediately pay up so that students can access their results to mitigate the impact it has since created. All these were contained in his article below.

“Ondo State Educational Sector: Are We Progressing Or Retrogressing ?

Not long ago, I came across the screenshot of a graduating public student WAEC result and I was subsequently flabbergasted. Instead of seeing real senior school certificate examination grades which ranges from A1 to F9, all I saw was "INDEBTED".

As a concerned citizen of Ondo State with printable antecedent in Students advocacy, I astutely inquired the factor responsible for this development and was disappointed upon my findings. I was able to figure out that WAEC withholding public students result for alleged failure of the state government to meet its financial commitment birthed the response "INDEBTED".

Without equivocation, this ample level of negligence in terms of responsibility is not only unacceptable in our State but primitive. It’s concerning to learn that His Excellency, Lucky Aiyedatiwa government allegedly procrastinated this payment while students who have tertiary institution process to worry about are inquisitive about their results.

The Ondo State Government has always been sadddled with firm responsibility of paying either WAEC or NECO fee for public students and not doing so as it stands apparently create a bad precedence that signify retrogression. A Government that allegedly intend to buy 2 exotic Lexus Jeep at substantial rate of N245, 050, 000 for office of the Speaker and Deputy-Speaker shouldn’t be forced to fulfill educational responsibility of the state.

Just as articulated by Nelson Mandela, the erstwhile South African President that Education is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the world, the government must cherish and prioritize it. It’s at this juncture that I call on the State Government to immediately fulfill her responsibility by paying the WAEC outstanding fees allegedly owned so our students can recover from the impact it has generated.

Oluwatosin Akinyele
Ondo State, Nigeria.”

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result Issues: Ondo State Government Creating A Bad Precedence by littleOJO442(m): 11:12am On Aug 14
Oremi AKINYELE . Well done 👍 ❤️💯
Re: WAEC Result Issues: Ondo State Government Creating A Bad Precedence by NairaPerson1: 11:17am On Aug 14
littleOJO442:
Oremi AKINYELE . Well done 👍 ❤️💯

Gbayiiiii eje mi

(1) (Reply)

Has National Grid Collapsed Again? / Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil / Constituents Set To Recall Obi Aguocha Over Non Distribution Of Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.