Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,530 members, 7,926,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

Dangote: Asiwaju Might Might Not Be The Bad Guy, Current Realities Is! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote: Asiwaju Might Might Not Be The Bad Guy, Current Realities Is! (290 Views)

Hello Dangote, Asiwaju Has Check Mated You. Smell The Coffee, Its Game Over! / Tinubu: We Will Review Minimum Wage To Reflect Current Realities / Sanwo-Olu To Jim Iyke: "You Are A Bad Guy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote: Asiwaju Might Might Not Be The Bad Guy, Current Realities Is! by Bigkoko: 4:21pm On Aug 14
When Oil majors started divesting heavily from Nigeria, i suspect a foul place. I thought they were seceretly funding ba break up of Nigeria, or worse. But i recently found my answer. This my small coconut head no go stayone place. The West is preparing for a post-era economy!

Word of advise i learned many years ago about following the trend in Economy! Mechanic wey no upgrade from servicing only peogeout car, will beg for food when the craze for peugeot cars weans out! dangote is like Nigeria politicians so obsessed with the free cash that comes from oil or is it our oyel money. Smell the coffee, party is over. Oil economy is gradually grinding to a halt, and dangote just finished building himself a gigantic one....no wonder, no foreign lender is willing to throw him loans since he has such a behemoth facility.

We finally have the explanations from NNPC!

“The reason for reducing our stake in Dangote refinery is because we wanted to invest in CNG. We observed that CNG is very cheap and all over the world, people are investing in clean and cheaper alternative energy, If Nigerians use CNG, it will be cost-effective for them. That is why the NNPC is building different CNG stations everywhere. We understand that with N10,000, Nigerians can fill their cars and use it for two weeks.” - NNPC.

This is a double wahala for Dangote Refinery now. First, he has to find the resources to get this company going with the associated crude oil feedstock. As a big man, who know other big men, he can sort this out formally, or politically use the northerners to forment trouble until Asiwaju open our vault like daddy Xmas Emiefele. His biggest worry right now would be, his refine products have to win over CNG in the mid-term in its core market.

This is not a good time to be a Dangote, but i sounded this alarm last year! For one, i know if he didnt get cheap feedstock from our backyar, he is toast! And with the fastpack rate at which the world is transiting into renewal energy, crude oil might be phased out in a little less than 15 years! AS a pointer, expect a flood of tukumbo electric cars to start hitting African markets in less than five years. I have seen some here with little faults our boys in Aba can fixed going for as little as 400 euros on the auction!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: Asiwaju Might Might Not Be The Bad Guy, Current Realities Is! by Salewa97: 4:28pm On Aug 14
The writer is just getting started with his pettiness.

We would read to the end

11 Likes

Re: Dangote: Asiwaju Might Might Not Be The Bad Guy, Current Realities Is! by ivolt: 4:42pm On Aug 14
Bigkoko:
When Oil majors started divesting heavily from Nigeria, i suspect a foul place. I thought they were seceretly funding ba break up of Nigeria, or worse. But i recently found my answer. This my small coconut head no go stayone place. The West is preparing for a post-era economy!

Word of advise i learned many years ago about following the trend in Economy! Mechanic wey no upgrade from servicing only peogeout car, will beg for food when the craze for peugeot cars weans out! dangote is like Nigeria politicians so obsessed with the free cash that comes from oil or is it our oyel money. Smell the coffee, party is over. Oil economy is gradually grinding to a halt, and dangote just finished building himself a gigantic one....no wonder, no foreign lender is willing to throw him loans since he has such a behemoth facility.
You should have researched more before penning your thoughts.
The idea of the end to oil era is figment of climate activists imagination.
During this so-called transitioning period, America became the largest oil producer in the world.

The mistake many analysts make is to equate crude oil with just petrol and diesel and think
with electric vehicle, crude oil is dead.
It is much more than that, products from crude oil is found in almost all manufactured
goods including electronics and household items.

If an impoverished country were to discover crude oil in substantial quantities today,
it will be rushed and courted by oil giants who are allegedly running away from crude!
And with careful management can achieve record-breaking economic growth.

Dangote's problem is self-inflicted.
When the refinery was first launched, several big lending and oil clearing houses in Europe
courted and begged Dangote to accept loan deals, but he refused preferring to set up his own global network alone.
He was banking on unconditional support from the FG but he miscalculated as the economy can
no longer support spoon-feeding any businessman with scarce forex.

NNPC didn't invest more in Dangote, because it has no money to invest, it has gone broke for a while.
So, there was no imaginary divestment into CNG which by the way is being majorly driven by private efforts.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/dangote-wants-to-set-up-trading-arm-for-lagos-mega-refinery/

If the issue continues, he will have no choice but to renegotiate the deals he once rejected.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Asiwaju Might Might Not Be The Bad Guy, Current Realities Is! by 9jatriot(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14
I hope this egon knows that even the CNG is made from crude? Abi he think say na water dem take make am?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Asiwaju Might Might Not Be The Bad Guy, Current Realities Is! by GoodJohn: 5:26am On Aug 15
The content is logically presented and relevant.

(1) (Reply)

Chad, Cameroun, Others Adopt Buhari’s Proposal To Lead Boko Haram War / What Federal And State Legislators Earn / Problem Of Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.