Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,979 members, 7,987,501 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 11:57 AM

Advice Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice Needed (138 Views)

Advice Needed Urgently / Help Or Advice Needed On Unilag Admission / Advice Needed On University Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by Dada4me: 9:52pm On Aug 14
Hello nairalanders,

My daughter was offered admission to her dream secondary school but finance to get her in is a major issue.

Everyone in the family supports that she goes to the school even distant friends are all saying the same thing.

But due to the fact that we are financially down and all the people we turned to said they can't help due to the prevailing economic situation.

My wife decided to make enquiry in a nearby private secondary school and during discussion my wife told the proprietor about our first preference and the moment he heard that our daughter passed the entrance exam of the school he vehemently advised us to take the child to the school, he even stated that he can't offer half of what we will get in the school.

We need about #1.3million to get her fully settled in the school and we have a land we intend to build for our home. Having exhausted every other avenue to get money without results, I suggested we sell the land to raise the money but my wife is not buying into it, she thinks getting another land in a good place might be very difficult.

Time is running out on us, please how do I get her to agree that we sell the land? The school does not admit in any other class other than JS1
Re: Advice Needed by immortalcrown(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14
If you sell the land to put her in the school, what else will you sell to continue to pay her school fees until she graduates from the school?

Got your clothes according to your size.
Re: Advice Needed by Dada4me: 10:18pm On Aug 14
immortalcrown:
If you sell the land to put her in the school, what else will you sell to continue to pay her school fees until she graduates from the school?

Got your clothes according to your size.

We hope to get back on our feet soon, we both work.
Re: Advice Needed by immortalcrown(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14
Dada4me:
We hope to get back on our feet soon, we both work.
Put her in the school you can afford now. Take her to another school when you get back on your feet.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by muyico(m): 10:54pm On Aug 14
don't embark on batter u can't win! best student for this last waec is from public! never mention any private sch student! if I pay such amount for my son! he must best scorer both waec and jamb
Re: Advice Needed by Cerebellum: 11:12pm On Aug 14
Your wife seem more reasonable than you're, no offense.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Dada4me: 11:20pm On Aug 14
Cerebellum:
Your wife seem more reasonable than you're, no offense.

She is even more convinced than I am, she is only skeptical about the land and not about our daughter attending the school, she is 💯 sure that the girl should be in the school.
Re: Advice Needed by PulsingPurple(m): 2:07am On Aug 15
I'll support the idea of settling for something within your current capability.

You can avoid unnecessary pressure and stick with what works best for you at the moment.

Don't sell your land, that stuff's value will exponentially increase soon. Also, don't pressure your finances.
The main training your child needs academically starts from SS1, so she can attend any decent school till then.

Meanwhile don't also be influenced by external opinions when you're making the right decision.
Like you said, none of the advisers have offered to support financially yet. Even if they do, what if you don't get back on your feet in time, will they support you for the next session? (Sending a child to a top-tier school isn't even something you should involve the support of external parties).

In the meantime, let's live within our means whilst also leaving clear plans for the future, not depending on hope and fate.
Yes, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Cerebellum: 8:09am On Aug 15
Dada4me:

She is even more convinced than I am, she is only skeptical about the land and not about our daughter attending the school, she is 💯 sure that the girl should be in the school.

It's good that you want the best for your daughter but there are several schools you can enroll her around you
Don't do pass yourself, the economy is not smiling.
Do you even think about consecutive payment?
Cut your coat according to your size, sir.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by GoodJohn: 3:54am On Aug 16
The discussion is well-reasoned and clear.

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Tanko Yunusa Is National Coordinator Obidient Movement / Educational Facilities in Nigeria Without Toilet/Latrine - StatiSense / Get HP HPE0-S55 Updated Questions For Guaranteed Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.