Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,758 members, 7,905,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:49 PM

Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period (8269 Views)

How To Prepare Rice And Sauce (pics) / How To Cook Ofada Rice And Stew. / Best Ofada Rice And Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by FareeMart: 6:02am On Dec 06, 2011
Faree mart ofoda rice is a good rice to cook this period.its highly rich in protein and nutrient.
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by Ruqaya(f): 10:56am On Dec 06, 2011
How to prepare the stew pls
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by MissyB3(f): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2011
Ruqaya:

How to prepare the stew pls

INGREDIENTS
Beef (orisirishi i.e all sorts)
Salt
Maggi Cube or Known Cube (I usually prefer the chicken flavor)
Onions
4 Green Bell Pepper
2 Red Bell Pepper
Habanera pepper i.e Atarodo (I use 3 I like it really spicey, but you decide)
1 Cup of Palm Oil
White Rice

DIRECTIONS
1. Cut the beef into small pieces and put them in a pot.
2. Rinse the beef thoroughly and season with maggi, salt, slice in onions and add water.
(DO NOT USE any fancy season like curry powder etc)
3. While the beef is cooking, pre-heat your oven at 475 degrees.
4. Once the beef is soft, put them in a oven tray and bake for 30-45 or till they are brown, this is my style to avoid frying for healthy lifestyle. You can fry if you prefer.
5. Next, you will blend the green pepper, red pepper, one whole onion, and the habanera (rodo). Don’t add water or TOMATO. (at this point it looks like the green pepper refuses to blend / mix with the red—that’s ok, just cut it into bits and blend like that. Eventually it will blend or at most add few drops of water).
6. Heat up the palm oil with sliced onion until the onions are burnt, then remove the oil from the cooker and let it cool.
7. (Can you smell that traditional stew smelll…delish.) Anyway take out the burnt onions and trash it.
8. Then put the palm oil back on the stove and add the blended peppers.
9. Season the blend pepper with salt and maggie to taste and cover it up to fry.
10. You will know when the pepper is fried when you can see the palm oil on top of the heated pepper. (FYI -The quantity of the blended pepper shrinks).
11. Add the baked beef to the frying pepper and leave it to cook. You will know it is ready when you see the palm oil on top.
12. Turn off the cooker and set the stew aside. A few minutes later the stew changes to a dark brown (this is when the “localness” comes out).

Copied from Facebook.
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by MissyB3(f): 11:10am On Dec 06, 2011
Another recipe

Ingredients

•Green Pepper
•Red pepper (ata rodo)
•Tomato
•Onion
•Beef
•Chicken
•Shaki
•Pomo
•Palm oil
•Maggi
•Salt

Directions
•Cut beef, chicken and all the assorted into a pot and season with thyme, salt, maggi, ginger,onion….dont put curry oh!
•When its done, put it in the oven and grill (abi whats the word? just put it in the oven sha)
•Blend your your green pepper, red pepper, onion ,, then add 2 or 3 seeds of tomato…the green pepper should be more because the stew is meant to be green.
•Heat up palm oil, add onion and heat it till the onion gets burnt, and the palm oil changes to brown colour…( dont try this if u get fire alarm oh)
•Take the pot of oil off the cooker and allow to cool
•Sieve the burnt onions out of the oil and put the pot of oil back on the cooker
•Add onion, and blended mixture, season it with magii n salt
•Allow to fry, when almost done, add the assorted meat n stuff that was in the oven and keep frying
•Add stock of boiled assorted and keep frying,
•When done, take off the cooker and allow it to simmer.
Serve with rice and dodo , if you find ofada rice good for you…but it still taste good with any kind of rice except that basmati rice oh. Ehen.

Weddingtrendy
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by jaybee3(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2011
^^^
When are u going to open a proper restaurant?
You really should ya know
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by MissyB3(f): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2011
I just want to dedicate more time to you and the kids. tongue
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by jaybee3(m): 11:38am On Dec 06, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Jokes apart Missy, I'm dead serious. You are talented
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by Ruqaya(f): 10:37am On Dec 07, 2011
Thank u so much missy,i wish u were here 2 taste the stew,very delicious nd tantalizing but d problem was d ofada rice,bad smell and full of stones,i had 2 substitute it with white rice.i thought i knew how 2 prepare it.
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by MissyB3(f): 11:59am On Dec 07, 2011
jay bee:

Jokes apart Missy, I'm dead serious. You are talented
wink

Ruqaya:

Thank u so much missy,i wish u were here 2 taste the stew,very delicious nd tantalizing but d problem was d ofada rice,bad smell and full of stones,i had 2 substitute it with white rice.i thought i knew how 2 prepare it.
I'm glad you like the stew, thanks to who made the recipe available on the 'net.  smiley
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by kadirecipe(f): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
yes i really agree, you should open your own restaurant Missy B. These recipes look so yummy.
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by armyofone(m): 3:11am On Dec 08, 2011
how do i prevent alarm from setting off while frying the palm oil?

at school, my roommate used plastic bag to wrap the alarm cuz we are always burning food and campus safety guys always showing up and everyone is alway asked to leave the apartment grin now that i will be home, i still don't want the alarm off. any idea?

no ask me to open kitchen window or door o grin
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by yme1(f): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Berra sharrap and go open a restaurant tongue
I will be the second cook if the salary is up to £6,000 per month grin kiss kiss

armyofone:

at school, my roommate used plastic bag to wrap the alarm cuz we are always burning food and campus safety guys always showing up and everyone is alway asked to leave the apartment grin now that i will be home, i still don't want the alarm off. any idea?

Make sure all the windows are opened to let out the smoke and if possible the doors as well
Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by yme1(f): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2011
More Recipe for Ofada stew

INGREDIENTS

4 large green bell peppers (chopped)
1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
1 medium red onion (chopped)
6 chilli peppers or 3 habanero pepper (chopped)
1 cup each (pre boiled)( Goat meat, shaki, Ponmon, beef) *chopped into smaller pieces*
2 tspns locust beans
2 cups palm oil
3 cubes maggi
Salt to taste

DIRECTION

•In a blender, combine green, red, chilli peppers and onion. puree
•Set a medium size pot on medium heat, add in the pureed peppers, boil for 30mins.
•Set another low pot with a tight fitting lead on low heat, add in the palm oil. blanch the oil for 25-30mins (It will definitely get smokey, so have a fan around or take the oil out to the balcony every now and again. )
•Increase the heat on the oil to medium after the 30mins mark, add in the parboiled pepper, maggi, salt and locust beans. simmer for 10mins.
•Taste and adjust for salt, now add in the precooked meat. Cover the sauce and simmer on low heat for another 30mins.
Your sauce is ready, Serve on Ofada rice.

Re: Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period by ronkebp(f): 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2011
armyofone:

My dear, it is simple, just remove the batteries. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make Sardine Egg? / Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup / List Of Nigerian Foodstuffs for Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.