Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,877 members, 7,980,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 02:45 AM

‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin (29676 Views)

Kirk Douglas Dies, Aged 103 / Kirk Franklin Reconciles With His Dad Who Gave Him Up Adoption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Chikel20000(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16
Our parent can hurt us too....they are human, they have blood flowing in them too....we need to be very careful in dealing with them

3 Likes

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16
Good move by him
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by emkz: 2:50pm On Aug 16
Family squabbles should be kept within.

These stories are extremely disturbing.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by davefieldpop(m): 2:51pm On Aug 16
I asked my mama for financial assistance this morning because i am barely gettin by, and she just got back from her a trip to Europe.
She banged the phone on me, i was pained and felt depressed but instantly forgave her.
I dont want to harbor any grudges in my heart it kills the soul.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by bitingcool: 2:54pm On Aug 16
DaddyCoool:
Who's right? Who's wrong?

https://dailypost.ng/2024/08/15/why-i-stopped-speaking-to-my-mother-gospel-singer-kirk-franklin/

This guy is not a Christian. he is a commercial religious singer.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by mbaise1000: 2:57pm On Aug 16
If this were from any one who doesn't claim to be a Christian, it will be understandable but coming from a person who claims to be a Christian and who claims to be an evangelist, (fort this is what I will take a gospel singer to be) this is not it. This comes to prove again what we keep saying that majority of people who claim to be Christians are in reality not christians, this person is certainly not a Christian. What exactly is he preaching through his music? Every Christian must be able to forgive every single offence no matter how many times, this is very difficult to do but only christians can do that, do this person is not a Christian no matter what he may claim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by samuelson06(m): 3:00pm On Aug 16
serverconnect:
It is not easy, but you have to forgive and forge ahead.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to forgive. They'll be dragging little things for years.
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Moniya4Real(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16
Woww! So, this is what all that lyrics from ‘imagine that ‘ emanated from. Been listening to the track since two months qgo

1 Like

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by REGINALD001(m): 3:04pm On Aug 16
YoungLionken:
If nor be you, advice go plenty for your mouth..

You hear people say "I can relate" on your experience, people who have no idea how you feel/felt...

I WONDER OOOO, THE TALK DEY TIRE ME.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by MrPADDY(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16
Kirk Franklin had a difficult childhood.
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Yankee101: 3:06pm On Aug 16
And he’s surprised his first son is rebelling against him
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by REGINALD001(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16
Lovit:

You can forgive people who hurt you and decide to stay away from them.

Forgiveness is not stupidity!

THAT IS PURE.........
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by CodeTemplar: 3:07pm On Aug 16
What if they gang up and use you to do money? Short man devil?
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Yankee101: 3:08pm On Aug 16
Just from what he said I don’t see why you should talk to her for over 20years
Your son is paying you back in equal measure but more publicly and more painfully
As you sow, so shall you reap

2 Likes

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by fuke(m): 3:09pm On Aug 16
This is not clear.
Meanwhile, the secrets to curing most illnesses is a just a click away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VDtCLEAaig&t=14s
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by blaise26abj(m): 3:09pm On Aug 16
DaddyCoool:
Who's right? Who's wrong?

https://dailypost.ng/2024/08/15/why-i-stopped-speaking-to-my-mother-gospel-singer-kirk-franklin/

Did he really yell ? Even if he did , it was a normal request.

From his narration , Kirk Franklin needs to heal . There is so much hurt in his statement . They all need family therapy .
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by We4all: 3:12pm On Aug 16
Typical lifestyle of most irresponsible mothers who married a second time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Ezendigbo1978: 3:13pm On Aug 16
That is the life of Akatas for you!

Both mother and son behaved like animals.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Negroic9(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16
Useless reason
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by exnovio(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16
And this one call himself Christian,where is the forgiveness in your heart Oga Franklin?
Christ said not all who called me Lord will enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by TheBillyonaire: 3:24pm On Aug 16
That is his family problem and his problem. Christians are not christlike.
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by helinues: 3:30pm On Aug 16
YORUBAhelper:

Oga quiet

Stop the scam. You are not disabled
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Augustine2244(m): 3:30pm On Aug 16
My dear brother,I don't blame you one single it . Some parents are the reason their children hate them with undying hatred and would gladly watch them die in penury and misery.
In my hometown, there's a case of a man whose sons always best the living daylights out of him whenever he abuses or shouts on their mother,or steals their mother's money or complains unnecessarily.
What caused this?
When the boys were younger, the man was so reckless with women,drinks and clubs and joints.
He would abuse ,humiliate and even pummel the poor wife with his miserable fists.
The woman couldn't bear it anymore and ran with her young children back to Papa house.
The idiot came with his kinsmen to beg for wife's return and she and family forced him to sign an undertaking never to beat her again.
She came back, but though he stopped sleeping around, his other bad attitudes continued.
The sons finished school, started their lives in business and even travel outside the country.
Before then ,they would beat their father senseless anytime he misbehaves and the regular beating contributed to his ceasing his philandering lifestyle.
Today, the man is living like a wretched destitute while his sons are well to do, living large and focused all their love,care and attention on the mother.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by nihinlade(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16
Kirk, you have to forgive her now o. This is the reason why being a Christian is not easy.
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by FreeStuffsNG: 3:34pm On Aug 16
Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by Musty112: 3:35pm On Aug 16
Serve God, and your parents. Those are the two reasons you are on the earth. If you are blessed with a good parent, you are lucky, if otherwise, that is your own test in this life. How you navigate through the test rest on you

2 Likes

Re: ‘Why I Stopped Speaking To My Mother’ – Kirk Franklin by saintnegroid(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16
dawnomike:
So many of us had our parents offend us while growing up...

But we all have to heal, forgive and move on.

I really understand how hurt that action could have bn a big hurt to him.
I don't think you understand what he talking about. You can heal, forgive and move on but you see the one called reaching out to her? You won't do it.... But the forgiveness is there, the healing is there, the moving on is there.... But that closeness and feelings to be calling her often or even rarely is not there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Erem Emeka, Ajebo, Proposes To Uche Kamalu On Her Birthday In Dubai / Reekado Banks And Odunlade Adekola Step Out For The Premiere Of "The Vendor" / Nigerian Actress, Kiki Omeili Rocks Transparent Net Top To Movie Premiere(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.