Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,299 members, 7,981,604 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 08:59 PM

Police Extortion At Ganaja Junction, Lokoja: Like Oga Like Boys - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extortion At Ganaja Junction, Lokoja: Like Oga Like Boys (331 Views)

Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion / Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Policeman Breaks Driver’s Hand For Resisting Extortion At Wuse Market, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Extortion At Ganaja Junction, Lokoja: Like Oga Like Boys by CHEDIS10: 11:07pm On Aug 16
Police Extortion At Ganaja Junction, Lokoja: Like Oga Like Boys

There's a popular saying, that, when the head is rotten, then the body stinks.

Police officers posted to the overhead bridge at Ganaja junction, Lokoja are fully on extortion spree especially, with the commercial motorcyclists aka okada riders.
An eye witness who saw the inhumane extortion say, the act from the Men of the Nigeria Police Force is becoming too regular and overbearing.

"they often stop the bike men and ask for hundred naira, and failure to adhere, they waste their time or threaten to confiscate their bikes no matter the urgency in the ride", he explained.

This is against the ethics of the job and it betrays professional standards of policing which is the primary duty of the force especially, now that their salaries have being improved upon.

A deep search will bring to bare how they are learning from their ogas at the top.
Like Oga, like boys abi men on the road.

This act of shamelessness by Men of the Nigeria Police Force must be brought to a halt immediately before it frustrates commuters into very angry reactions because, like I said earlier, it is becoming too regular and overbearing.

Concerned Lokoja Citizen
Re: Police Extortion At Ganaja Junction, Lokoja: Like Oga Like Boys by Akaegwu(m): 6:46am On Aug 17
Nigeria=crime scene
Re: Police Extortion At Ganaja Junction, Lokoja: Like Oga Like Boys by GoodJohn: 11:58pm On Aug 25
The points are well-reasoned
Re: Police Extortion At Ganaja Junction, Lokoja: Like Oga Like Boys by Fruitbrett(m): 6:19pm On Aug 27
Those guys are becoming unbearable... I do gift them cool cash most times but these guys started making me feel like am their client. I got angry one night and asked one of them who's always intoxicated on cheap sachet gins if they can try this nonsense in the East but guess what, the werey say he go shot me. Omoh.. I gave him 1k and went home with my life oh

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: OSPAC Caught Man Red-Handed Stealing a Goat in ONELGA / 16-year-old Arrested For Defiling Three Sisters In Plateau / Explosions Rock Two St. Petersburg Underground Train Stations, Atleast 10 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.