Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,216 members, 7,963,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:55 AM

Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent (2080 Views)

My Fiancee Got A Job With The Help Of Her Ex Without My Consent, Please Advise / A Lady I Met On Facebook Gave Me HIV – Nigerian Man Shares Shocking Story / My 19yrs younger bro Took My 25yrs gf Out Without My Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Vikto17: 10:28am On Aug 17
Yesterday my phone kept ringing from different numbers starting from 02---- when l had time and finally picked a rude mannerless girl was asking me to repay a flexi loan of 1000 naira,,, for Christ sake 1000 naira!!! When l log in on my app ,, l realize palm pay is showing me outstanding payment to make ,,
I checked my transaction history and did not see when l collected a loan of 1000 naira,, the money is small but paying for what l know nothing about is my major anger,, who have experience this and how do l sort it out please,, thank u
Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by SocialJustice: 11:32am On Aug 17
Report them to FCCPC abi wetin be their name.

13 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Mistral(m): 11:50am On Aug 17
You might have purchased an item (airtime, data, e.t.c) from their flexi loan without realizing. When you purchase palmpay products that fall under your flexi loan amount, palmpay initially deduct the payment from their flexi loan option leaving your main balance intact and putting you in debt without interest until you pay up. The next time you want to purchase palmpay products, make sure you adjust the setting of the payment option from "flexi" to "palmpay balance" so that the money eill be deducted from your main balance and not the flexi loan.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by CJStarz: 5:11pm On Aug 17
SocialJustice:
NAFDAC 🚢🚢
Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Skooltynz: 5:58pm On Aug 17
I thought I am alone on this mine is 500 naira which later discovered was for airtime

2 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Jaun2(m): 6:41pm On Aug 17
Lolzz mine was 700 naira. They later repayed it themselves because I didn't use the loan when credited

3 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Temiel(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17
Same thing happened to me last month.
I bought airtime and I realized that my money wasn't deducted. I quizzed it. Since I couldn't get an answer at that point, I thought maybe network issues or maybe I miscalculated my balance.

Days after, I got a notification to pay up my loan. I was taken aback!

Like from where to where...

I then realized it was the day they didn't deduct my balance that it happened.
They actually switched my payment option from my account balance to flexi loan when I was making that transaction. I don't know who sent them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by 3kay945(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17
Una better take action before they started calling un family and friends. cool

2 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by JobAndVacancies: 1:51am On Aug 18
3kay945:
Una better take action before they started calling un family and friends. cool
they don't

1 Like

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Coldplay007(f): 4:55am On Aug 18
Why would you even install a loan shark's app to start with...

1 Like

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by princepeter566: 6:07am On Aug 18
Leave all these loan apps.
They are doing to u what IMF, world bank and all these Chinese banks are doing to Nigeria.
They are there to Imprison u and not to help you.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Deepocean(m): 6:34am On Aug 18
Mistral:
You might have purchased an item (airtime, data, e.t.c) from their flexi loan without realizing. When you purchase palmpay products that fall under your flexi loan amount, palmpay initially deduct the payment from their flexi loan option leaving your main balance intact and putting you in debt without interest until you pay up. The next time you want to purchase palmpay products, make sure you adjust the setting of the payment option from "flexi" to "palmpay balance" so that the money eill be deducted from your main balance and not the flexi loan.

How does user adjust the settings from flexi to Palmpay balance?
Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Mistral(m): 7:49am On Aug 18
Deepocean:

It is hard to explain through text.
Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Classcaptain1(m): 9:01am On Aug 18
LAPO and Palmpay dey the same WhatsApp group. Them go give u loan wey u no send dia papa. Very soon your picture will be all over the Internet as a chronic debtor. If you don't respond, na obituary next o..

1 Like

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by EnergyEnergy(m): 9:04am On Aug 18
Also happened to me, noticed my account balance wasn't deducted when I buy airtime only to be told I owed them 1500 flexi
Discoved that when you want to purchase airtime, they put the flexi loan as default payment option so you gat check before you buy airtime or do anything on the app
Must be some selfish bastards from flexi loan who wants to wreck palmpay
Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by TolkowskyCut: 9:05am On Aug 18
SocialJustice:

So you think the FCCPC would waste their time chasing a matter over dispute of a mere 1K?!

2 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by SocialJustice: 9:18am On Aug 18
TolkowskyCut:

So you think the FCCPC would waste their time chasing a matter over dispute of a mere 1K?!
Let him try his luck and be persistent unless they refuse to respond.
Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Deepocean(m): 10:39am On Aug 18
Mistral:

It is hard to explain through text.

I think this should be the settings.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by NeckingNgulping(m): 11:10am On Aug 18
Deepocean:

When you want to pay for a product, the payment options are there. If you're shown the "flexi option," don't use it, instead tap it and opt for your balance option. Your balance option replaces the flexi option. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Mistral(m): 11:27am On Aug 18
Deepocean:

I think this should be the settings.

You're right, it is.

Vikto17, this user has provided what you need in picture.

1 Like

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Vikto17: 3:34pm On Aug 18
princepeter566:
Leave all these loan apps.
They are doing to u what IMF, world bank and all these Chinese banks are doing to Nigeria.
They are there to Imprison u and not to help you.
palm pay is not just a loan app,, it is an app similar to opay and moniepoint were you can make transactions
Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by dicko4rill: 2:19pm On Aug 20
Deepocean:

To avoid this drama, go to your app payment settings and adjust the priority payment method to No Setting. this way, your flexi payment option will not be on auto

1 Like

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by dicko4rill: 2:22pm On Aug 20
Vikto17:
Yesterday my phone kept ringing from different numbers starting from 02---- when l had time and finally picked a rude mannerless girl was asking me to repay a flexi loan of 1000 naira,,, for Christ sake 1000 naira!!! When l log in on my app ,, l realize palm pay is showing me outstanding payment to make ,,
I checked my transaction history and did not see when l collected a loan of 1000 naira,, the money is small but paying for what l know nothing about is my major anger,, who have experience this and how do l sort it out please,, thank u

Are you sure you didn't make your default payment option flexi? so i saw this in-app pop-up banner and clicked on it. with this, my payment default payment option is through flexi , but i've changed it back to PalmPay account balance

1 Like

Re: Palm Pay Gave Me Loan Without My Consent by Deepocean(m): 5:45pm On Aug 20
dicko4rill:

To avoid this drama, go to your app payment settings and adjust the priority payment method to No Setting. this way, your flexi payment option will not be on auto

The default settings is no setting, you have to adjust it to balance before you can come out of the mess.

Mine was in No Setting when I took the snap I later changed it to Balance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Girl Friend Or Boy Friend Worth Dying For? / Wedding Disasters. / My Gurlfriend Just Enterede Uni, Would She Leave Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.