Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,019 members, 7,987,665 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:09 PM

I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife (28326 Views)

Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair / 6-Year Single Term: Atiku Said Lawmakers Threw Away Baby With Bath Water / 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by TouchNfollow(f): 3:00pm On Aug 18

I threw away my phone, when I heard your husband’s death, Akpabio tells Ubah’s widow
protest

says He was Jolted When He Received The News Of His Death

THE President of the Senate, Senator Godswill Akpabio has recalled his instant reaction when he received the news of the sudden death of Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, over a fortnight ago, saying he was jolted.

Akpabio spoke on Saturday when he led some of his colleagues on a condolence visit to the widow of the late lawmaker, Uchenna, in his Lagos residence.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Jackson Udom, the President of the Senate said, “I was jolted when I received the news of the death of a very dedicated and patriotic colleague, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah. When I received a call from Senator Mpigi that I should talk to you I never knew it was the news of Senator Ubah’s death. I was thinking of something else and even asked to speak with him not knowing that it was about his demise.

“If you could remember, I didn’t conclude the conversation with you. I threw away the phone because of the shock. We never thought Senator Ubah would die in the next 40 years, but who are we to question God?”

According to Akpabio, “Senator Ubah was one of the pillars in the 10th Senate. Let me also apologize for my inability to get back to you after that call that ended abruptly. I was so devastated and traumatized about the news.

“We learnt of your arrival in the country two days ago and so we decided to come and condole you and the children as well as other members of the family.”

To the children, Akpabio said, “your father brought you to the world and handed you over to God. You have to keep the memories of your late father alive. Death can happen to anybody but my prayer is that none of us should bury our children. Be proud that you are alive to bury your father and not the other way round.

“On behalf of the 10th Senate, where your late father and husband belonged, we console you all. We can’t question God, we can only say, it is the will of God. We wouldn’t have wished this for any of our colleagues or anyone else. We would be there with you all the way, inorder to give him a befitting burial. He left so many legacies. May his soul rest in peace and may you be strong in the Lord to take care of the children.

Responding on behalf of the family, Prince Chidi Orizu (Capt), thanked the President of the Senate and his entourage for finding time to visit the family. He promised to keep the Senate and its leadership informed on the burial plans.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/08/i-threw-away-my-phone-when-i-heard-your-husbands-death-akpabio-tells-ubahs-widow/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by PlayMaker14: 3:01pm On Aug 18
When Akpabio opens his mouth to speak, you see bullshit drooling over like an unfocused Imbéc!le.

244 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by gaby(m): 3:01pm On Aug 18
When I read the news about his condolence visit I was wondering if they had decided to place a gag order on him because it was very unlike him not to "pour it all out" raw and uncensored.

31 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Bonijy04: 3:01pm On Aug 18
Lamba

32 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Malroux: 3:02pm On Aug 18
Did you throw away your loot too?

166 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Sonnobax15(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18
grin
Akpabio the king of lamba.

No be only phone you throway,in fact,you also threw away your kidney,cuz I was there and I witnessed the whole scenario lipsrsealed

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by WhiteIverson: 3:03pm On Aug 18
gaby:
When I read the news about his condolence visit I was wondering if they had decided to place a gag order on him because it was very unlike him not to "pour it all out" raw and uncensored.
Happy Sunday sir

4 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by brain54(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18
Threw it away because you can afford a new one...

Money miss road!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by gbaskiboy: 3:06pm On Aug 18
Death is the Ultimate price we all gonna pay. Sometimes it comes as rude shock especially when we heard people who died in their prime even when they are not related to us.

11 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Iseoluwani: 3:06pm On Aug 18
lai mohammad dey learn from this guy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Jostoman: 3:09pm On Aug 18
Lying Muhammed D 2d

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Leemzyy(f): 3:09pm On Aug 18
Ugly liar!shioor

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by zombieHUNTER: 3:14pm On Aug 18
Akpabio the worst Senate president ever is a confirmed clown

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Svoboda(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18
This is pure reflex reaction. The news of his demise would have been shocking. I am not sure any one would have been more shocked than his senator colleagues.

12 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Creamypie(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18
Them suppose surgically remove his vocal system. A dumb person is far better that akpabio. Very useless bunch of rulers we have now

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by stan83: 5:40pm On Aug 18

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by jericco1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 18
Lol big liar

How is that supposed to comfort the wife?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Hezbola: 6:22pm On Aug 18
LAMBA....

2 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Gten(m): 6:22pm On Aug 18
The man has diarrhea of the mouth.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Hezbola: 6:22pm On Aug 18
LAMBA.... grin

4 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by kestolove95(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18
ND u picked it up ND continue looting

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by tishbite42: 6:23pm On Aug 18
🤣😂🤣🤣
This man is a clown

No difference between official and beer parlor talk

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Hezbola: 6:23pm On Aug 18
LAMBA grin

2 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by ZUKKYY(m): 6:24pm On Aug 18
This man grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by CJStarz: 6:26pm On Aug 18
PlayMaker14:
When Akpabio opens his mouth to speak, you see bullshit drooling over like an unfocused Imbéc!le.
Most typical of people from his side

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by BarrElChapo(m): 6:26pm On Aug 18
😂

1 Like

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by schoolboymatt(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18
Bonijy04:
Lamba

of the highest order.

if there was a supposed 'rule of engagement' to lambarin', Akpabio own no dey observe am.

see as e open e mouth waaaa dey pure lie grin

7 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Trueprophet91: 6:27pm On Aug 18

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Nahunger(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18
angry

Omo, e get money wey person go get, e no go get sense again.

😂😂😂😂

You admit say auto correct wise pass you but na free version of auto correct you even dey use, two of Una con munmú 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Shinjawestern: 6:27pm On Aug 18
CJStarz:

Most typical of people from his side

Always quick to insult other pple tribe..if they insult urs now..you will say they hate ibo

10 Likes

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Franking: 6:27pm On Aug 18
Believe Akpabio at your own peril..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Threw Away My Phone When I Heard Of His Death, Akpabio Tells Ubah’s Wife by Starboytwo(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18
But you picked it back😏

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Federal Character? / See Full List: Pdp Now Have 51 Senators, Apc 55 / Akeredolu Meets President Buhari, Presents His Re-election Form (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.