Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,346 members, 7,971,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:40 AM

My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic (6916 Views)

V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / New Lagos Traffic-Law Catches First-Victim - Bullion Van Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Reference(m): 9:54am On Dec 07, 2011
I don't know why people are laughing. This is a serious matter. Lagos is fast becoming untenable. Just a ten percent increase in the per capita income of Lagosians and the roads will totally shut down.

He's telling the truth. A quarter of your day in traffic everyday is not living. That is merely existing. Whenever I'm in Lagos to VI early you see countless private cars. One car, two people, driver with oga asleep at the back struggling in traffic jams. This is shameful.

The worst of all is that instead of increasing the capacity of our roads and conserving energy by protecting the biker they are busy closing more roads to bikes and thereby inadvertently fueling congestion. Why not dedicated bike lanes for added safety.

There is nothing inherently dangerous in motorbikes if they are ridden by owners who are not under commercial pressures.

If we can overcome the status symbol thing and adjust our lifestyles then we will start living. I go by motorbikes whenever I'm opportuned. I'm in touch with reality.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by pato405(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2011
i can't believe the junk i'm reading. 3 good pages of garbage and irrational solutions being proffered to a simple perennial problem. to make matters worse, members of the forum whom I hold in high esteem based on their reputation for very articulate comments are busy supporting 'okada' (bike) as a practical solution to daily nightmarish traffic in Lagos. oh my Goshhh!!! all hope is lost! I used to be on of the last bastions of hope that today's youth will hopefully deliver Nigerians from their plagues. alas, i'v been proven wrong by this thread.

and for you originator of this thread, thanks a bunch for your advice. I don't think you have visited igbobi lately. else, you'll discard your okada and perhaps chose to sprint to work.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by DualCore1: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2011
i am interested in how this move has affected your driver's salary smiley
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Dpharisee: 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
The solution to Lagos remains effective mass transit programme by having light rails crisscross all major parts of the State, then the roads can be expanded with bike lanes for those wishing to ride on okada.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by ochukoccna: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
Even though you seem to have taken precautions in solving your challenge,I pray you nor your driver dont pay a visit to Igbobi's Okada's Ward.
Amen.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
ochukoccna:

Even though you seem to have taken precautions in solving your challenge,I pray you nor your driver dont pay a visit to Igbobi's Okada's Ward.
Amen.

Bro, your response is not constructive in any way, and I doubt you've followed this thread from the beginning.

Rather than scare monger, why not post a global solution, or at least a solution that works for you? How would you tackle the chaotic traffic situation in Lagos, as wel all know it?
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by oblo(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
pato405:

i can't believe the junk i'm reading. 3 good pages of garbage and irrational solutions being proffered to a simple perennial problem. to make matters worse, members of the forum whom I hold in high esteem based on their reputation for very articulate comments are busy supporting 'okada' (bike) as a practical solution to daily nightmarish traffic in Lagos. oh my Goshhh!!! all hope is lost! I used to be on of the last bastions of hope that today's youth will hopefully deliver Nigerians from their plagues. alas, i'v been proven wrong by this thread.

and for you originator of this thread, thanks a bunch for your advice. I don't think you have visited igbobi lately. else, you'll discard your okada and perhaps chose to sprint to work.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Me wonder how what has been put down all dis while by d op and others be classified as junk!!!! That's the saying goes that diffrent strokes for different folks!! If the op has seen a decrease in his BP and also a decrease in times getin to and from his office I see no reason why u should insult him and others by saying they make no sense simply because a lot of patients are at the ward at igbobi. It worked for him and he has the guts to utilise a motorbike wch is legal! Its a personal thing oga and if u chose to ride a goat to office because its more comfortable for you albeit funny and a lil bit on the radical side I see no reason to say u speak junk!! I have a car and when I know using my car will delay my plans its okada to the rescue!
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by blank(f): 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
I decided to use okada today and i almost had a heart attack. The guy almost took my knee off!. I might need to go to the hospital for bed rest. A driver opened his door carelessly and almost sent us to Igbobi.

Never again. Trains please.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by obowunmi(m): 6:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
blank:

I decided to use okada today and i almost had a heart attack. The guy almost took my knee off!. I might need to go to the hospital for bed rest. A driver opened his door carelessly and almost sent us to Igbobi.

Never again. Trains please.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ------ LOL shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by temodent(m): 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
quite an ingenius solution to a peculiar problem, what the critics of this solution failed to realise is that there is a whole world of difference between your approach and a casual okada ride, since the okada is yours and the driver is being paid by you, he is under no pressure of making returns so as to start racing which most times is the actual cause of major okada accidents, perharps you should try learning how to ride so once in a while u cld take a ride by all by yourself.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
@Op. Well, that is a very good solution. Ride on man.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by DeepSoul(f): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2011

Ah. . . .this thread has increased my fear. I might have to move to Lagos soon but the stressful lifestyles scares the shyt outta me. This thread has not in any way helped my situation.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by oladayo042: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2011
Going by the posts here: [b]How come Igbobi is synonymous with Okada accidents?[/b]
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by fm7070: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2011
@Poster, you've raised a very important issue and solution. There are some places you can even go with your bicycle.
Dedicated Motorcycle and Bicycle lane will also go a long way.
I think the government of the day does not consider the plight of common man who cannot afford cars. As such, they concentrate more on the cons of Motocycle rather than the pros.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by DeepSoul(f): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2011
oladayo042:

Going by the posts here: [b]How come Igbobi is synonymous with Okada accidents?[/b]

I think "Igbobi" is the name of the area where the Orthopedic hospital is located. Okada accidents lead to broken bones and broken bones need orthopedists

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed / Petrol Mixed With Kerosene! / How To Detect Car Horn Faults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.