Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,019 members, 7,987,656 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:01 PM

Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun (22124 Views)

Oshiomhole Opening Car Door For Ibikunle Amosun (Photo) / Ibikunle Amosun Surrenders 1000 AK47 Rifles, 4000 Bullets / "Please Don't Disgrace Me Here" - Governor Ibikunle Amosun Begs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:30pm On Aug 18
….says Ogun Assembly had blacklisted Utomi as enemy of state before he came into office

….his N200m claim is not different from the case of Zhongfu of China

Former Governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has described the renowned Professor of Political Economy, Pat Utomi, as an enemy of the state, due to his predilection for shoddy business deals.

Amosun, who stated this while responding to a post on X, where Utomi alleged that he (Amosun) did not honour an agreement preceding his administration, also hinted that the Ogun State House of Assembly had already declared Utomi persona non grata.

It would be recalled that Utomi, in his post on X handle, accused Amosun of cancelling contracts signed during the Otunba Gbanga Daniel’s administration, including his own contract and that of Zhongshan Fucheng Industrial Investment Company Limited.

Utomi alleged that the decision of Amosun to cancel contracts by his predecessor, led to a prominent Ogun State citizen committing suicide.

Amosun noted that Utomi posted some snide remarks about him on X because he refused to feed his entitlement mentality or honour indecent influence peddling, as governor of Ogun State.

In his concise response to the Utomi diatribe, Amosun explained that, “before I came into office, the Ogun State House of Assembly had passed a personal non grata on Utomi, and put its resolution in the state’s black book.

“So, I was curious when I became governor and called Utomi to ask what the issue was. This was entirely at my discretion and not because he reached out to me. But I reckoned that as one with some degree of name-recognition, that should not be, and I wanted to know what happened.

“He, however, told me, amongst other things, that there was an ongoing construction in an Ogun State property that had become controversial.

“I immediately raised a team for verification and to know what to do. The team I sent said the land was inappropriate because the said construction was being done in the car park of the Ogun property on Mobolaji Bank Anthony Road in Lagos State. My team then suggested somewhere else.

“But he didn’t want another place because, according to him, the place in question gave more visibility. After our in-house assessment, my team concluded he could not have spent more than N35m or at most, N50m on the construction as of then. At that point, I decided to visit myself.

In addition, it was discovered that the so-called work done was hurriedly executed in the wake of the realisation that another political party had won the governorship election and would take over the reins of leadership in the state.

“It was also obvious that what was being attempted was a move at ambushing the state government under my watch and presenting us with a Fait Accompli, a situation that would have generated a controversy about demolition of an on-going project.

“Just so that his investment in the state would not go to waste, I committed to making a refund of N100 million as against his claim of N200 million. He pressured me ceaselessly to pay him N200 million, but I did not yield.

“As part of his determination to sway me, he deployed his Centre for Value in Leadership, CVL, through the instrumentality of an Award. At first, it all looked curious that I’d just been in office for about two years, and here I was being given an award, so I rejected it.

“But he insisted that I honour his CVL SOLUTION CONFERENCE SERIES with my presence, which I did, and I was given a plaque for participating. But I did not change my position on the refund of N100 million as against his N200 million claim.

“A few years later, he complained to some people with the sole intent to malign me. When I heard, I called to tell him off because his problem was purely one of entitlement mentality. He even boasted, asking me: ‘Do you know who I am?’ Imagine! But I ignored him because I immediately saw through his true colour. In my book, it’s one law for everyone, no matter who you are.

“I challenge everyone, including journalists, to let us meet at the construction site and see the N200 million investment he claimed to have made there. Let them also ask what benefit the project would have been to Ogun State.

“Nobody can talk me down in order to look good. I served Ogun State passionately with all my strengths, and I did with my shoulders high. I stand by every decision I took, whether or not people like Pat Utomi were in agreement with me.

“Utomi knows his case did not even have any legs to stand on. He is not different from Zhongfu International Investment FXE. He knows he can not lay claims to any lawful damage done to his investment. All he has tried to do is a ‘me too’, which is very disgraceful.”

The former governor, however, contended that, for “Nigeria to become a better country, one law must be applied to every Nigerian, irrespective of your status, religion, or tribe”, insisting that “if Nigerians truly want a great nation, they should hold their leaders accountable for every action. But, if Nigerians allow people to hoodwink them with misinformation, mischaracterisation, and dubious tales by moonlight, it will be unfortunate.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/08/pat-utomi-an-enemy-of-ogun-amosun/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/8188917/pat-utomi-chinese-firm-not

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by PlayMaker14: 7:37pm On Aug 18
After you have defrauded him of N100 million and "mistakenly" put your state in an embarrassing predicament.

Shameless criminal. 😂

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by NwaNimo1(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18

14 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Solsix(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18
Who do we believe now

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by tommy589(m): 7:48pm On Aug 18
Ok
Utomi,the floor is yours to respond

14 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Malroux: 7:49pm On Aug 18
Refund Utomi his one hundred million naira you this criminal.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by bolanto24(m): 7:49pm On Aug 18
This man's tenure must be scrutinized thoroughly by EFCC.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Calvary01: 7:55pm On Aug 18
Case file transferred to you, EFCC.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by CHAIRMAN1(m): 8:00pm On Aug 18
Thief amosun

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by SmartPolician: 8:02pm On Aug 18
If Utomi can show proof that he spent up to 200 million on the project, Ogun State can afford to refund him the 100 million balance. But what I don't understand is why a state would sell land to someone who was blacklisted. On the other hand, I don't trust Utomi! I can never trust someone who became wealthy in a dysfunctional society like Nigeria.

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by atiku4President(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18
Refund Utomi his N100,000,000.00. We know who the real scammer is.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Kobojunkieee: 8:03pm On Aug 18
Malroux:
Refund Utomi his one hundred million naira you this criminal.
The man should be in jail abeg! Nigerians are about to pay an additional $70-something million on top of all that man stole from the people of Ogun while he was governor for so many years. He should be stripped and tossed in jail for life abeg! undecided

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by igborilla: 8:04pm On Aug 18
Nice one ogun state government.

Nobody forced utomi to come and invest in ogun state.. He should take his so called 100M to his easternbull region. tongue

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by ibrahimsalam: 8:04pm On Aug 18
Nature will always pay you back for the evil done

5 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Charmingrascal(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18
In a sane country someone like Amosun will be facing the law entering into an agreement that is not beneficial to the Nation rather it is causing an international embarrassment.

The protest wey go change things for this country no be all this one wey all this Obidient dey sponsor so.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by 11Monkeys: 8:10pm On Aug 18
grin grin

Ogun is the undisputed Yahoo state of Nigeria where a state governor is a confirmed yahoo man.

Bunch of thieves.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by NewDea4: 8:17pm On Aug 18
BeeBeeOoh:
….says Ogun Assembly had blacklisted Utomi as enemy of state before he came into office

….his N200m claim is not different from the case of Zhongfu of China

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/08/pat-utomi-an-enemy-of-ogun-amosun/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/8188917/pat-utomi-chinese-firm-not

Look at Amosun with his cap like squirrel own

Wayo man!

18 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Betanaija42moro: 8:17pm On Aug 18
You for just return his money

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by IduNaOba: 8:18pm On Aug 18
See this man o
Refund utomi his money biko

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by StarRiderr: 8:22pm On Aug 18
SmartPolician:
If Utomi can show proof that he spent up to 200 million on the project, Ogun State can afford to pay him the 100 million balance. But what I don't understand is why a state would sell land to someone who was blacklisted. On the other hand, I don't trust Utomi! I can never trust someone who became wealthy in a dysfunctional society like Nigeria.
Omo I taya oooh this Amosun of a guy is even implicating his self the more

17 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by LeopardX: 8:24pm On Aug 18
Hard to know who to believe in this matter.

By the way, if Pat Utomi thought he had a strong case, why didn't he sue the state government after dialogue and negotiation failed?

At least that was what the Chinese firm did.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Kobojunkieee: 8:27pm On Aug 18
LeopardX:
Hard to know who to believe in this matter. By the way, if Pat Utomi thought he had a strong case, why didn't he sue the state government after dialogue and negotiation failed? At least that was what the Chinese firm did.
Sue in Nigeria court against the Nigerian government, you mean? Yeah, why? This is my first time hearing of his own supposed case.

But what he said of the preposterousness of Nigeria having about 13 planes in its presidential fleet is right on the money. undecided

13 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by scribble: 8:27pm On Aug 18
Amosun very big greedy man

12 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by yarimo(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18
And the over entitlement man who boasted to a governor do you know who I am is the Godfather of peter obi the agulu fraudster undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by SmartPolician: 8:30pm On Aug 18
LeopardX:
Hard to know who to believe in this matter.

By the way, if Pat Utomi thought he had a strong case, why didn't he sue the state government after dialogue and negotiation failed?

At least that was what the Chinese firm did.

Sue? Are you sure you live with us in this same Nigeria?

15 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by real691(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18
Somewhere in Nigeria, It has gotten to this stage. grin grin

springsherv:
They are coming to steal that notice sticker.

3 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by kettykin: 8:38pm On Aug 18
The question is how will Ogun state pay $70m , N112B in this period to the Chinese company.

If pat utomi was a Chinese company then he would have sued Ogun state and obtained a court injunction to see federal government property overseas but he is a private , delta indigene and can be denied his fundamental rights

3 Likes

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Yankee101: 8:43pm On Aug 18
The ruling and economic elite class are the problem of this country. The people too are not helping cos it’s the same society that produced them

Amosun is not innocent
Utomi is not innocent
Even Dangote is not innocent in all the oil and gas saga, he has always benefited from rules being changed for him, e just no favour am this time around, but they’ve raped Nigeria repeatedly

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Ezmans: 8:51pm On Aug 18
bolanto24:
This man's tenure must be scrutinized thoroughly by EFCC.
only the poor can be scrutinize here

1 Like

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by flokii: 8:52pm On Aug 18
Why would you pay someone that is already blacklisted by Ogun State a whooping #100 million?.. this Amosun sef.

I read somewhere that Pat Utomi built on Ogun State property or car park space or something.. Is he mad or what?
Is he a native of Ogun State to start with??.

The sitting Governor Dapo Abiodun should revisit the matter and charge Pat Utomi to court for illegal occupation of Ogun State lands. Same thing with Landmark resort that erected illegal structures and shanties on Government land, yet claiming victim.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Penguin2: 9:00pm On Aug 18
Utomi was enemy of the State because he’s Igbo.

Happy karma came back to fvck y’all from the anus.

Ndi ala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utomi is an enemy of Ogun State, has entitlement mentality - Ibikunle Amosun by Macphenson: 9:01pm On Aug 18
Tomorrow this same Ogun state will.be scouting for investors.
The real enemies of Ogun state are their governors who looted the state with reckless abandon and turned the state to an ancient city.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeboye Prays For Goodluck Jonathan 2012 / Video Of Rev Mbaka Asking Nigerians To Vote For Buhari (part1) / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts PDP, APC For Calling For Prosecution Of Ekweremadu’s Attacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.