Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,114 members, 7,987,918 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 07:49 PM

Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North (14499 Views)

Nigeria Wasting Rice, Yam, Fish Amid Food Crisis – Report / FG Deploys 10,000 Agro Rangers To 19 States, FCT For Farmers’ Protection / Akwa Ibom Women Go To Farm With Weapon To Protect Selves From Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by blackmantis: 4:59pm On Aug 19
This is a great move and should be replicated across the country. Farmers should be protected while they farm.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by delishpot: 6:00pm On Aug 19
This is how insecurity is paying those who run things. God knows the billions that would be spent on this securing farmers project.
Insecurity will never end in naija and if someone tries to end it, those profiting from it big time will off that person.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by boxypane(m): 6:13pm On Aug 19
I.e to farms owned by politicians right?
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by vikithor(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19
Na now dey brake for una side
If una like continue sponsoring insecurities and using money from south South to fund it
Already we don the see the results
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by lionphil(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19
RhinoChest:
We need the army, police, and NDDC deployed to protect the farmers across the country.

Liaise with the farmers, always having personnel on guard to protect them and their livelihoods.

The army should do mobile patrols, have numbers the farmers can call 24/7, and provide round the clock security for the farmers.

There should be a dedicated task force, with a tagged operation name.

Airforce can also join in the operation to provide aerial reconnaissance, and warm army about any approaching trouble makers.

Also, all Naval officers,I dont care what rank you are, should be deployed to all our oilfields.

All hands should be on deck. No personnel should be allowed to sit in offices. All our military outfits should be on the field.

If we improve security of farmers, train them in simple security measures and secure our oilfields, Tinubu govt might turn the corner.

Also, allow import of all kinds of food to flood in without tariff for 6 months. Don’t put any restraint on it like the customs officer just announced.

It’s daft to put current restraints on importation of food when people are hungry.

Let food flood the market, that will buy you time for your policies to work, then bring back tariffs after 6 months.

What are you saying? Repentant Bokoharam are in the Army. Those that will be sent to the farms would likely be Southerners or middle-belters. They will all be killed on those farms. I'm glad the east isn't experiencing things like these. It's only the army and police that are terrorizing innocent civilians. Checkpoints are at every few minutes. Those checkpoints should be in the North of Nigeria were to be serious but we all know there's a sinister plan. Well, that plan will only work in other parts of Nigeria and not in the East.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by seunayantokun(m): 7:57pm On Aug 19
That doesn't permanently stop fulani terrorists from destroying the farmers and their farms.

The only solution is for every local council and state or region to have its own police.

Those who are not demanding it now but are only bent on the campaign to bring down the present administration due to bitterness over last election should change their mind now. Because if you continue that nonsense until another Buhari or Atiku gets it, your bondage resets.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by SisterAnn(f): 8:20pm On Aug 19
NothingDoMe:
Good morning
Morning bro. Nothing do you!

How many farmers will they guide?

How come nobody ever got caught and convicted for sponsoring Boko Haram terrorists?

Another trial and error.

Dude should have at least recruited his 50m youth into the army because these ones on ground are overwhelmed already.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by SisterAnn(f): 8:21pm On Aug 19
seunayantokun:
That doesn't permanently stop fulani terrorists from destroying the farmers and their farms.

The only solution is for every local council and state or region to have its own police.

Those who are not demanding it now but are only bent on the campaign to bring down the present administration due to bitterness over last election should change their mind now. Because if you continue that nonsense until another Buhari or Atiku gets it, your bondage resets.
Mtcheew.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by NothingDoMe: 8:22pm On Aug 19
SisterAnn:
Morning bro. Nothing do you!

How many farmers will they guide?

How come nobody ever got caught and convicted for sponsoring Boko Haram terrorists?

Another trial and error.

Dude should have at least recruited his 50m youth into the army because these ones on ground are overwhelmed already.
🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by SisterAnn(f): 8:22pm On Aug 19
NothingDoMe:
🤣🤣
Abii nah 😃
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by NothingDoMe: 8:24pm On Aug 19
SisterAnn:
Abii nah 😃
You are 💯

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by Litmus: 8:36pm On Aug 19
So much that I've predicted in the past has come to pass, others pending.

I'm not a soothsayer, it's not magic, it's paying attention to history. It's all about record keeping. For instance, I warned years ago, when the smoke to what is now an inferno, began to rise. I stated then that, historically, Africa nations became more dependent on the West for aid when farmers are prevented from tending to thire fields in the relevant Africa nation. I also suggested then that the nascent attacks on farmers in Northern Nigeria bore all the hallmarks of external forces (suspiciously Africans that had learned from the West) attempting to make Nigeria more reliant on neighbouring West Africa nations for food. Nigeria is most endowed/qualified for self-sufficiency in the region and even further. A self-sufficient Nigeria, I stated, spelt disaster for West Africa nations economy.

Another warning I gave earlier - and which will never be popular - is that Africa's youth belongs to the West. It is too counter intuitive for people to ever come to see the truth in this when the popular narrative is that Africa's leaders are puppets of the West. The truth is nearer to that African leaders are held hostage by the West through the West's control of Africa's youth. This is a massive problem for Africa. Africa's leaders are eventually at fault because they were too shortsighted. They failed to create l education systems that placed Africas native values and love of African ways, traditions, worldview etc as a sort of foundation on which all other learning may be erected.

A true African youth based revolution can not be based on anything Western. Majority of Western things would need to go - from our Christian and islamic names to how we marry; the way we build our homes & communities; law and the way lawyers dress; the cloths we wear; education system; means of exchange; our political philosophies... Everything! or Hybrids heavily Africa skewed.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by seunayantokun(m): 9:03pm On Aug 19
SisterAnn:
Mtcheew.
May you never listen.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by abuhari: 9:19pm On Aug 19
It's lies, tells by moon light
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by chatinent: 11:02pm On Aug 19
Electoral pacification..
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by ogbonti: 1:16am On Aug 20
NIGERIANS - NIGERIANS -NIGERIANS

Why have we allowed ourselves to be taken for a ride for 2 long ? We hear of yahoo boys prosecuted and jailed daily - We hear of drug traffickers prosecuted and jailed ---- WHEN ARE WE EVER GOING TO HEAR OF KIDNAPPERS and BANDITS getting PROSECUTED and JAILED?

Why have we allowed people - not more than 20,000 people (both those in authority and the so called bandits) take a country of 200 Million
people for a ride ? Those who are scared to speak still get kidnapped and killed in their cowardly silence - WHY CANT WE ALL DEMAND SECURITY NOW OR LET THE HEAVENS FALL if GOD WILL ? angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by Santalpharay: 4:20am On Aug 20
There are countless police and army road blocks in South East, yet killings and kidnappings are still going on there. I just wonder the road those kidnappers ply while commiting these crimes.
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by Santalpharay: 4:32am On Aug 20
seunayantokun:

And if another Buhari or Atiku gets in, it will favour you and your family just as this present administration is 'favouring' you. Dey play 🤣
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by Gpower077(m): 8:04am On Aug 20
Why I commend the military for this,I strongly advocate for ranch and for people of all region to go back to farm,farming is not only made for the north there is land everywhere and everyone of us eat food,for how long will the military station there and how many farmers LL they guard?
Re: Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North by bizzibodi(m): 9:50am On Aug 20
This is not the best option...they need to acquires drones with infrared capability to identify those goons hideout at night & bomb them to smithereens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Remove ‘political Farmers’ From Database / How I Keep My 100 Cows On Three Plots / Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.