Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,720 members, 7,962,332 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition (18672 Views)

Enugu Marks 33 Years, Set To Celebrate 115th Anniversary Of Coal City / End SARS : Stampede as Enugu Protesters Move Round The whole City [Live Videos] / Ekweremadu & Chimaroke Reunite As Enugu Looks To Welcome Atiku & Obi Tomorrow(ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Tabithatim: 6:03pm On Aug 19
Young people of Enugu State have smiled home with various cash prizes and commendation letters, as winners in the art competition to depict the transition from Monday sit-at-home to productive Monday emerged.

The joint winners are Mstr. Nwachukwu Sunday and Ms. Ukeje Olubebe Victory, while Ms. Nkiruka Ogbonna is the runner-up.

The competition, according to the Special Assistant to Governor Peter Mbah on Visual Communications, Mr. Great Okeke, was put together to allow the youth of the state to tell their stories during and after the sit-at-home.

“The governor came in and made that declaration that there was no longer sit-at-home in Enugu State. So, after one year, we tried to put the art competition together for the youth of Enugu State to tell us their own stories about the sit-at-home.

“For instance, you know the students were among the most hit because they did not go to school on Monday before now. They lost 52 days out of the 365 days in each year that it lasted. And, at the end of the day, those in secondary school would still compete with others in Lagos or other states in the same examinations such as JAMB UTME and WAEC,”
Okeke stated.

Presenting the prizes, the Secretary to State Government, Prof. Chidiebere Onyia, expressed happiness over the restoration of the entrepreneurship, productivity, and studies in all parts of the state on Monday, saying the sit-at-home was a sad and shameful part of the state’s history it wants to put behind it.

“One of the key things the governor said at the very beginning was that the sit-at-home syndrome that had lasted and changed what we are as a people, who are entrepreneurial and fearless, was over in Enugu.

“Before that, activities in Enugu State dwindled and you can see the first drawing here shows the very basic things that happened: people going out to sell, but they could not anymore because they were scared of the confusion, the chaos, the running around, and of course the syndrome that when you moved around and you saw the Sienna and it was tinted, that something bad was going to happen.

“So, I am happy that I can see the transition you depicted and that joy and order have come back. You were selected because you really reflected the thinking of this administration. In your storyline, you expressed the desires of the governor for Ndi Enugu to feel that level of safety, for commerce to come, for our people to live in joy and peace, and for our state to be great again,” Prof. Onyia stated.

Speaking, the winners, Nwachukwu Ozoemena and Ukeje Oluebube, said they were motivated by the theme of the competition, especially given the frustrations they suffered as students and youth while the sit-at-home lasted.

“The theme says “The echoes of sit-at-home”. So, immediately I saw the theme, I was very thrilled and it encouraged me to say yes, I need to do that which I have been keeping in mind. I said let me express myself.

“The message here is that anybody should move around and do his or her businesses because Enugu State today is free on Monday as other days of the week. Normalcy has returned because this current administration has actually helped us by keeping up with the promise to protect lives and property,” Ozoemena said.

On her part, Ms. Ukeje said, “My first painting depicts the dark part of the sit-at-home where I used the tomato seller as a topic. From the picture you see Sienna and whenever people see Sienna they will scamper for safety because of fear of the unknown gunmen.

“From the second painting, you could see her sitting at home and peeping through the window, seeing the unknown gunmen with their Sienna and no one is moving because of fear.

“But the third picture depicts the return of normalcy on Monday after the emergence of Dr. Peter Mbah as the governor of Enugu State. The woman can now take her perishables to the market and sell since there are security personnel everywhere. She is now happy.”
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/08/18/young-artists-win-prizes-as-enugu-marks-end-of-sit-at-home-with-art-competition/

5 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Olachase(m): 6:34pm On Aug 19
So sit at home is still currently on going in the East

The country didn't even feel the impact

Las las the sit at home no get head

To all the enemies of country

Ókon yin óni balé 😏😏

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by obinna58(m): 6:34pm On Aug 19
How many times will they mark end to sit-at-home as if they are not seeing terro activities of unknown gunmen, the only way to end sit-at-home is provision of good security.

Nigerian Politicians keeps mocking and fooling its citizens

14 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by shortgun(m): 6:34pm On Aug 19
Good
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Afonjeezy(f): 6:34pm On Aug 19
Tabithatim:

The joint winners are Mstr. Nwachukwu Sunday and Ms. Ukeje Olubebe Victory, while Ms. Nkiruka Ogbonna is the runner-up.

So Igbos win in SW and still win in SE
Wow

Igbo Amakazienu

17 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Smartcitizen: 6:35pm On Aug 19
The Enugu in the east or the one created in Yoruba land?

Just asking for a friend.

5 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by kheny12(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19
End of sit at home grin. They supposed to have not end it.

4 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by ChizzyBuna(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19
So this hookup girl Sabi book well well cry
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:36pm On Aug 19
shocked
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by orikoku: 6:38pm On Aug 19
Please don't endangered the lives of the common man. Even the governor and his commissioners obey sit at home. Be wise young youths.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by FuckSilly: 6:39pm On Aug 19
grin
Mark end of which sit at home?

Mumu people

Who dey sit at home before?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by money121(m): 6:40pm On Aug 19
Ok
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Gboom: 6:40pm On Aug 19
I hope Ekpa has approved this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Omoawoke: 6:42pm On Aug 19
End sit at home!

2 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by bigdammyj: 6:43pm On Aug 19
Noted.
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by cutecommend: 6:43pm On Aug 19
God bless Enugu state in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by cutecommend: 6:44pm On Aug 19
Olachase:
So sit at home is still currently on going in the East

The country didn't even feel the impact

Las las the sit at home no get head

To all the enemies of country

Ókon yin óni balé 😏😏
Mind your business

1 Like

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Wizuman: 6:44pm On Aug 19
Head do set
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by PlayerMeji: 6:45pm On Aug 19
Lol..

I thought ibos liked the ugm that year when they were killing policemen and soldiers with unusual precision and ferocious tenacity... But when ugm later turned inwards and began to kill them, they began to say the ugm was sponsored by APC... Thru Simon Ekpan, the great...

5 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Obiedun(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19
No it should continue

25 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by bobby007(m): 6:47pm On Aug 19
End of sit at home? This easterners are clowns

2 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by STEWpid(f): 6:47pm On Aug 19

C
h a i..

shocked
shocked
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:47pm On Aug 19
ChizzyBuna:

It is one thing to troll but another thing is to be stewwpid

You are trolly stewwpid.

If your game no make sense to get gals of your choice why not stick to your level.

Right now any gal that agrees to you is very silly to do that.

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by adefitim(m): 6:47pm On Aug 19
Thank God Peace has return to South East hallelluya

May Violent never happen in the land of the Rising Sun Again Amen

1 Like

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:48pm On Aug 19
ChizzyBuna:
Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by RuggedBiafran: 6:50pm On Aug 19
Serious Joking thread . grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by bluefilm: 6:52pm On Aug 19
Which sit at home don end?

Please nobody should come and be disturbing me over any work related issues on Mondays

2 Likes

Re: Young Artists Win Prizes As Enugu Marks End Of Sit-at-home With Art Competition by masterfactor(m): 6:54pm On Aug 19
Let the sit at home continue ooooo, imagine having 3 days to rest and if their president in exile Simon ekpa drinks hero beer, Baba fit declare one month sit at home, enough holiday for everybody. South East is the best place to work.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Execution Of Notorious Nigerian Robber ‘doctor’ Ishola Oyenusi On Sept 8th 1971 / PDP Reps Uncover Security Forces’ Plots To Invade NASS, Aid Leadership Ouster / Aregbesola Should Resign Or Be Sacked, 15 Jailbreak Under His Watch - HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.