Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,242 members, 7,925,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 02:23 AM

ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt (15167 Views)

ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Issues 3 Weeks Ultimatum / “Our Client Wanted To Say Pupsy"– Lawyer Writes To Federal Polytechnic Nekede / Strike: Labour To Embark On Nationwide Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by ceejay80s(m): 8:10pm On Aug 19
all these notice will make government not have time for u guys,
stop announcing strikes,
just close down and let everyone be stranded,
Kenya no announce,
Bangladesh no announce....
make una dey there dey play snake and ladder
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Exceed15: 8:14pm On Aug 19
Hahaha ASUU are NLC too abi? Or because they lost election too . Truth be told this administration is a total failure. Tinubu should resign before he is forced to like Iron lady of Asia.
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Jayhome24: 8:18pm On Aug 19
Dem don start again!!!
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Kobojunkiee: 8:24pm On Aug 19
fergie001:
↪ The national president of ASUU, Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke who spoke on the outcome of the meeting said the agreements reached with the Federal Government had not been implemented.
“At the meeting called by the Minister of Education, we agreed that after two weeks, we will meet to see the progress the government has made.
“We will also see what we will do next if the government fail to implement the agreements reached.”
The ASUU president said some of the demands included the non-implementation of the 2009 re-negotiated agreements.
He said the agreements had lingered for over six years, and the government had yet to implement them.
Osodeke said the academic allowances due to their members had also accumulated for over six years, and nothing had been done about it.
On the issue of the revitalisation fund, he said they agreed on the Needs Assessment Report to raise N200 billion yearly for five years.
“Since 2013, only one has been paid. We need revitalisation funds to upgrade our universities to standard so that we can have students and lecturers from outside the country,” he said.
Oshodeke added that the government had yet to stop the proliferation of universities, adding that many new universities were being approved without funds to run them.
Nonsense! 🤔

1 Like

Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by IamCookie(f): 8:25pm On Aug 19
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Yong4ever: 8:30pm On Aug 19
fergie001:

SOURCE why won't there be strike,when the insensitive president is acting like someone they've cut his ears,if not, despite the economic hardship Presidential jet is their priority when the hunger protest is just subsiding...

Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Oghene86: 8:41pm On Aug 19
Staywithbina:

Idiot ASUU should allow my junior bro to graduate .nonsense

My kids university is not part of ASUU, thank God
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Wade501: 8:53pm On Aug 19
Oil and gas

shortgun:
Mention one sector in the country that is not falling apart since Tinubu became president and win 50k from me
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by ladychioma: 8:57pm On Aug 19
BadCuntry:
From protest to strike... This government is a monumental failure
Honestly it is
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by ladychioma: 8:58pm On Aug 19
shortgun:
Mention one sector in the country that is not falling apart since Tinubu became president and win 50k from me
Judiciary only
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by iswallker(m): 9:00pm On Aug 19
FreeStuffsNG:
UNILAG must not join the strike unless....

ASUU is no longer the only union for university lecturers and decisions reached on behalf of the university lecturers are not binding on lecturers in private universities and some state universities like LASU, UNIOSUN etc. Those schools don't go on strike yet ASUU claims to be fighting for all the Nigerian lecturers including lecturers of those universities that don't observe the strike but later reap from whatever concession ASUU employers give to ASUU after only schools like UNILAG are shut. That's an unfair and unjust strike! It should be all or none!

Strikes called by ASUU since the advent of private universities and state universities in Nigeria have been discriminatory against only students in some public universities and it's clear that the students are being used as a bargaining chip. That's against the principle of justice.

Each university management and their students should demand for the rights of their students until all the universities close and proceed on strike or no strike. All universities in Nigeria must observe the strike or no strike.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Wetin you dey smoke bros. I rushed to look at the Monika after reading only to find it's you... cheesy

Is this a strike by university management or students ... cool

Bros you don high for real... lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by jenniferlisaoka: 9:35pm On Aug 19
8hvek

Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Kingof2nations(m): 10:05pm On Aug 19
FreeStuffsNG:

ASUU is no longer the only union for university lecturers and decisions reached on behalf of the university lecturers are not binding on lecturers in private universities and some state universities like LASU, UNIOSUN etc. Those schools don't go on strike yet ASUU claims to be fighting for all the Nigerian lecturers including lecturers of those universities that don't observe the strike but later reap from whatever concession ASUU employers give to ASUU after only schools like UNILAG are shut. That's an unfair and unjust strike! It should be all or none!

Strikes called by ASUU since the advent of private universities and state universities in Nigeria have been discriminatory against only students in some public universities and it's clear that the students are being used as a bargaining chip. That's against the principle of justice.

Each university management and their students should demand for the rights of their students until all the universities close and proceed on strike or no strike. All universities in Nigeria must observe the strike or no strike.

it's even regrettable that last ASUU strike where members suffered and are suffering as they were denied salaries, the 25% salary increament currently enjoyed by most civil servants are ASUU efforts.
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Kingof2nations(m): 10:08pm On Aug 19
Yemaxollar:
This unions have suddenly turned strike to a yearly routine thing. Everyone is a contributor to the worst state of this nation today.
This lecturers should be considerate. While they were in school in their days. They enjoy the best of the university education here. What is their own contribution to better education in this country today? Every year strike. A course of 4 years taking these children 6 years yet, these children still want to go to school and learn. Why do these lecturers like to complain everytime? They don't want the poor man children to have education again?. I know their own children are taken out of the country to study. Please let the less privilege children have university education. Government cannot solve all the problems. They are long accumulated. Abeg. My opinion. No insult please.
Your opinion is shrouded with stupidity
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by tuzle(m): 10:15pm On Aug 19
ribbit:
Smh.

Just 1 year o.
NLC striked like 5 times.
ASUU wants to start it's madness.
Protesting hunger instead of using the energy to farm.

They didn't even allow the man to govern for 3 years before they start madness.

They are only pushing more people to have sympathy for Tinubu.

Because all these act of sabotage makes no sense anymore.

It isn't about sabotage. If the country was working fine, would there be protest or strike? I believe tinubu should be giving more time but that doesn't mean we should act like all his going well when it is obviously not.
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by RealityKings(f): 10:21pm On Aug 19
shortgun:

Ashawo and hookup sector

Gtb 0122 242 718
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19
SensualMan1:
Lol. Four years course, four years employment! grin
ASUU shall never go on strike anymore.
I shall give every student student loan to support their education.

These and many more are what yoruba Nigerian students are enjoying from Tinubu's government!

May God punish tinubu 🥲
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by apexugroup: 10:22pm On Aug 19
shortgun:
corruption sector. Hope I can drop my AZA
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by UTEWUOJO: 10:50pm On Aug 19
ASUU the greatest striker of all time has spoken!
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by prigoz(m): 11:12pm On Aug 19
shortgun:
None
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by WhiteIverson: 11:48pm On Aug 19
shortgun:
The poverty and hardship sector. It is getting stronger everyday.
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by emmyN(m): 12:28am
mustbewell:
Always bluffing

You mustbeunwell cheesy. ASUU doesn't bluff.
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by Kei144(m): 12:59am
ASUU wants to kill a lot of lecturers in this harsh time. Some other university workers will join them and kill their members. This is a wrong time to try and wrest more money from the Federal Government. Worldwide crisis is on the way; university workers will regret very greatly any action they take that robs them of monthly salary. Mark my word!
Re: ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt by 99thEnemy(m): 1:18am
FreeStuffsNG:

When has any private university been a member of ASUU? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yabatech 2015/2016 Post Utme,full Nd Prt Time Nd/hnd Admission / Any Good GMAT Lecture Centre In Lagos? / Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!!

Viewing this topic: Saynoomore, Sciencehigh1(m), rioundre(m), KbEzinneKx, adexosteve(m), igeoff and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.