Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,603 members, 7,929,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 08:20 AM

Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials (13551 Views)

Public Officials Received N721bn Bribe In 2023 – NBS Report / Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC / Outrage In Ekiti PDP Over Secret Oath-Taking By Fayose’s Loyalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by Elxandre(m): 11:17pm On Aug 20
Stephench:
Bible and Koran is useless and powerless. The politicians also know that juju is a scam.
I swear my brother. 😂
The smartest men rule the world actually cos they know people are so drunk in their illusions while they're ever active to take advantage and plunder society.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by jazzman7711: 11:18pm On Aug 20
Elxandre:

The same powerful religions that couldn't stop the Arab and Europeans from Overruning Africa. The same religion that claims to forsee things couldn't detect the true intent of the white men. The white men even took many of these objects of worship and confiscated them in museums for 100s of years now, and they've gone from glory to glory.

One day everyone will accept none of these things work.

How is a religion supposed to ''stop'' invaders?

Religion and deities are of SPIRIT, and do not physically manifest themselves.

You don't ask why 'Jesus' and 'Muhammed' haven't ended wars, hunger, corruption, and injustice.

You only ask African religion why it doesn't perform magic for you.

Stop reading comic books.

Everything has its time.

Your time to be free of foreign brainwashing is NOW.

We are in the era of African awakening.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by Gajagojo: 11:26pm On Aug 20
Zonefree:
After granting them public holiday, they're now demanding for new system of oath taking..very soon they'll demand for total closure of all Churches and Mosques.

You can't satisfy humans...tueh!
granting

Who is the landlord?

They actually granted Christian and Muslim invaders entry and space

and they did exactly what you are saying calling them idolaters and destroying their places of worship

You are 100% ignorant and proud

You too would claim you went to school and cannot even think

Again cannot think

How old is the oldest church in Nigeria?

These are autochthonous religious

Open a dictionary

Learn how to think

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by 234GT(m): 11:47pm On Aug 20
Delphii:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. amen.
Opay M.A

Everybody is hungry...this format could have worked before Tinubu, when people had free money to spare...Now, na OYO you dey....all man don hook..
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by jazzman7711: 12:12am On Aug 21
ednut1:
Did it work in ancient times?

It MUST HAVE for Africans to have used it for 198,000 years until whites came 100 years ago and confused you with 'Jesus'.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by ednut1(m): 12:48am On Aug 21
jazzman7711:

It MUST HAVE for Africans to have used it for 198,000 years until whites came 100 years ago and confused you with 'Jesus'.
didnt work because it should have been able to fend off the white. In majority of the battles with the whites they beat us blue black with our juju. The ones they lost they came back with full force and won.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by babtoundey(m): 1:23am On Aug 21
[quote author=jazzman7711 post=131611990]

NO.

WE ARE IN AFRICA, NOT IN EUROPE OR SAUDI ARABIA.

IN AFRICA, YOU SHOULD TAKE A LEADERSHIP OATH BASED ON AFRICAN RELIGION AND CUSTOM, NOT FOREIGN ARAB AND BRITISH INVADERS' RELIGIONS.

We're in 21 century and post- colonial Africa that has blended mingled with absorbed and accommodated global culture, value and belief system. We are not in Africa where all African values and heritages struggle to survive and take precedence.

Africa has evolved and there's close to nothing we can do about it. I don't have any problem of anyone chooses to swear in traditional ways. But over 75 will not swear with it either for hypocritical reason or for purely religion reason.

Wheare in Africa where you can be denied employment if you dress African to a job interview.
This is the same Africa where your native language is a vernacular.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by GenFunction: 2:35am On Aug 21
Immediate and fast,LOL
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by Horus(m): 2:35am On Aug 21
traditional oath-taking would change the narrative as punishment would be immediate and fast.

This is what corrupt politicians fear the most grin
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by GenFunction: 2:38am On Aug 21
Chikel20000:
I for like de see thunder d fire certain politicians based on dis oath stuff
U dnt knw these politicians,them go upgrade their juju O.s
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by OgiidiiHerbals(m): 3:05am On Aug 21
This is the best way...

Isese is the ultimate religion
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by DonroxyII: 3:20am On Aug 21
Zonefree:
After granting them public holiday, they're now demanding for new system of oath taking..very soon they'll demand for total closure of all Churches and Mosques.

You can't satisfy humans...tueh!
Imagine the Ignorance Way of Thinking Deities Worshipping is More Efficacious Than God Serving ......

No Wonder Oyinbo Used Missionary & Gun Powders with Mirror to enslaved our Forefathers & Onload them unto The Slave Ships .....

You Can't Ask Satan to Interfere Unto Your Chaos Without Having A Conundrum Of Chaos ....

Deities Can Be Bribed By the Highest Bidders because it all Relies On Demonic Powers ...

If I Bribe Demons With Goat & My Contender should bring Cow, The One that brought cow would be favored regardless of His/Her Corruption but the day you failed to Bring Cow is the day You Die ....

Furthermore, Demonic Powers are always Greedy Powers, Because You move from Animals Sacrifices unto Human Sacrifices till Your Nation Collapsed or Got Taken Over By Another Advanced Nations ....

You Can Never be Technological & Mechanical Intellectual On Demonic Powers because Your Brain Could Never-Ever Be able to Withstand Contemporary Evolutions in Science & Technology Except for Religionisms & Emotions Driven Communities ....

You would only do better as Arts of Dancing & Singing with Crude tools Developments.....

The Genetic Implications of Demonic Oaths Taking is Dire On Future Generations would who have be pledged in Subservience to Different Demonic Powers ....

The realms of Those Powers are Chaotic thus Introducing them to Larger Societies leads to Tumultuous Worlds of Humanities.....

We Can't Go Back to Ancient Stupidities in 21st Century ... Where Rockets are being launched into Probing The Universes......

Spiritualism is not the Problems of Africa, Africa are Just Cowards Always looking for Cheaper Means to Solving Problems Instead of Facing The Problems Head to Head
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by pennyland(m): 3:23am On Aug 21
They Will compromise the process of traditional oath taking just like it's counterparts Christian/Muslim religious whereby they don't use the authentic Holly books they might bring bag believing is the Holly book that is inside for politician to swear by hanging it on his shoulder it is not working.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by Rondomania: 3:32am On Aug 21
I second the motion,I pray this dream come true.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by obaidan: 3:32am On Aug 21
Nigerians keep fighting and demanding for what's not important. U won't demand good governance, u won't demand accountability, u won't demand transparency, u won't demand justice...na to swear oath u dey demand. I will always maintain it, Nigerians deserve the leaders they have
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by tete7000(m): 3:55am On Aug 21
For those who profess their faith I believe.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by Hushpuppy20(m): 4:14am On Aug 21
Sanwo olu I think you dey hear people wey you grant public Holiday 🤣
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by idealogical: 4:20am On Aug 21
It's actually a great idea.

I just don't see the obsession and dependence on imported religions.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by DonroxyII: 4:52am On Aug 21
Dpharisee:
Allah forgives,God Almighty forgives. So you can swear not to steal but go ahead and steal and seek for forgiveness and you will be forgiven.

As per Amadioha and Sango, by the time your stomach starts swelling no be person go tell you that you have gone against the oath you took and the items they will require before they will consider forgiving could require you to sleep in the evil forest for 7 weeks and come back with 27 mosquito 🦟 tongues 👅 for the sacrifices
Dey Play My Fans..

For Every Charm has a Counter Charm ...

But When God is Ready to Deal with You, There is Nobody That Can Safe You

When God Accepts Your Repentance, There is Nobody That Can Punish You ....

Nevertheless, God would never treat anybody With Biases or Unfairly ....

You wouldn't been Rewarded/Punished without earning it ....

You Wouldn't be Forgiven without paying your dues ..

Some Dues are as Expensive as "Your Life" .. Depends on The Gravity of The Issues.....

Amadioha/Sango Wey dey Take Bribe ...

Do Charms in Yoruba Land, Once Gbege Happens ... Go do Counter Charm in Hausa/Fulani land ....

But On God, Run Over All The Universes, You go Chop Am ..... When God Is Dealing With You, You Yourself will Hate Yourself, Everything in Life would hate You ... All Known Drugs/Medicines No Go Work for You ... Abeg!

Also, Most Demons are Supra-Emotional just appeal to their Emotions .. You Gamed Them But God is Pragmatic albeit Supra-Merciful but You won't be Forgiven without paying your dues(Right Your Wrongs)!

I always pray against Facing The Wraths of God because Demons Could easily be Maneouvered & Dealth With if You are a Good Gamer Wey No Dey Fear Ugly Things grin ...

Most Demons are More Sinners Than We Human They are Sent to Punished.... I'm a Sinner, You are a Sinner But You Wan Come Punished Me... You Dey Whine

Stand Up to Them, Mark Ya Ground grin ....
Dont Try it if you ain't OG ooo ... You go Wound no Doubt grin
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by DonroxyII: 4:59am On Aug 21
Gbogbowa:
All the Oba you did Oath for some of them are corrupt even Scam people yet nothing happe to them
grin ...
Re: Traditional Worshippers Demand New System Of Oath-Taking For Public Officials by DonroxyII: 5:02am On Aug 21
Matheusmartin:
Bible and Koran are useless.
Our politicians nor dey fear them.
Imagine using ayelala to take your oath,u enter office begin dey zuor, na once ayelala go run kill u,serving as deterrent to others..
If Na True, Ayelala For Helped African Traditional Rulers Back In Those Days When Obas Dey Abuse Office anyhow & Behave Tyrannical & Nothing go Happen ....

Ayelala wey don Cast Teytey .... The Costs Outweighs The Benefits!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgement In Rivers Governorship Appeal / Primaries: APC To Pick Governorship Candidates On September 24 / Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari For Endorsing Ganduje Amidst Bribery Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.