Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,846 members, 7,927,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 03:19 PM

I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay (571 Views)

President Buhari Receives Briefing From NNPC CEO On OIL And Gas (Photos) / 2023: There Are Plots To Keep Presidency In The North –prof. Sagay / Likely Successors Of Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by mohbadliveson: 6:15am
Mele Kyari, the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), lacks integrity and should have been fired by President Bola Tinubu, says Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN).

Speaking in a chat with TheScrutiny, Sagay, former Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Commitee Against Corruption (PACAC) said Kyari has been untruthful with Nigerians over the commencement of crude oil refining at the Port Harcourt Refinery.

Kyari had explained that the Port Harcourt refinery will kick off production by early August this year, while that of Kaduna will commence by December 2024.

Kyari who had earlier announced two weeks from March 2024 as the kick-off date for production from the Port Harcourt refinery, maintained that ‘he is not lying’, as he reaffirmed the new August date.
The month of August is coming to an end, yet the refinery is yet to begin operation.

A very upset Sagay said Kyari has proven that he is unreliable and Nigerians can't believe whatever he says.

"I am extremely upset with Mele Kyari, the MD of NNPC. He has turned out to be a man who has no regard for his own integrity. He is a man who thinks he can fool Nigerians and make all of us look stupid for a long time".

"This man said the Port Harcourt refinery will be ready in December 2023 but that didn't happen. He shifted it to January 2024, it was not. He then shifted it to March, it was not. Since then, he has been kicking the can down the road from December 2023 now to August 2024, it is the same story".

"Honestly, i wonder why that man is still in his position. I wonder why the government has not sacked him".

"Based on the fact that Mele Kyari is unreliable and Nigerians cannot rely on anything he says, he does not deserve to be the MD of NNPC. There is no excuse why he still remains in that position when he has shamelessly been dribbling Nigerians since December over such a critical factor in our lives, which is petroleum".

"He has been fooling Nigerians and behaving as if there is no consequences for dishonesty and misconduct of this magnitude. I am extremely upset with him and he should not be there. He lacks integrity and should have been sacked long ago"

The Senate few days ago raised concerns over the $1.5 billion approved in 2021 for the turn-around maintenance of the Port Harcourt Refinery, citing little to no results.
https://thescrutinyng.com/2024/08/20/nnpcl-md-mele-kyari-lacks-integrity-should-have-been-sacked-long-ago-sagay/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by helinues: 6:31am
Toh
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Chikel20000(m): 6:32am
I wonder too....
Anyway God bless the good people of the south east
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Moroccoguy: 6:42am
Every government have inherited Emefiale agent in there governments,
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by ObosiUkwalla: 6:55am
helinues:
Toh

Go and answer to ur crimes this boy
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Akinboboz(m): 7:02am
Maybe there's something more that we don't understand...he's the first person that he should have relieved from his duty .....very clueless set of people....
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Realtord43: 7:34am
Because Kyari is now a slave to Tinubu just to keep is job.

He will do anything for Tinubu if his job is secured.
Reasons why Tinubu is using him to steal money and also fight and fustrate Dangote

3 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Lanretoye(m): 7:37am
Realtord43:
Because Kyari is now a slave to Tinubu just to keep is job.

He will do anything for Tinubu if his job is secured.
Reasons why Tinubu is using him to steal money and also fight and fustrate Dangote
you don’t have anything to post then you stay off the thread,you should be at least able to prove your post to a reasonable doubt and not just anything that comes up your mind.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by ruggedtimi(m): 7:42am
After tinubu Mele Is one of the most powerful man in Nigeria. It was evident at his daughter or son's wedding at Maiduguri, Nothing like that ever since. The whole airport was filled with PJs and everybody was there.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by XY23: 7:44am
There's no better person to protect and advance Tinubu's interest in the oil sector because Kyari is corrupt (they obviously got dirt on him) and that in itself gives Tinubu leverage. Mafias like the devil's advocate strategy.
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Realtord43: 7:45am
Lanretoye:
you don’t have anything to post then you stay off the thread,you should be at least able to prove your post to a reasonable doubt and not just anything that comes up your mind.
A wise man will know what at play before been told. So you think it because Kyari is doing a good job that why Tinubu has not fire him or because Kyari is doing the bidding of Tinubu reason why he still have the Job?

Answer with affirmative pls

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Shikini: 8:02am
Like Kyari, like Thiefņubu

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by hisexcellency34: 9:29am
Like Kyari, like Yakubu INEC
Shikini:
Like Kyari, like Thiefņubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by tishbite42: 9:44am
Slave wan sack master?!

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Treadway: 10:11am
Cos you Mr Sagay, are very slow.

Only a slow person would wonder why a crook and charlatan with nothing to offer is thinking and acting like a crook and charlatan with nothing to offer.

This generation and their hypocrisy.

Smh
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by hedonido: 10:17am
Because this fellow, along with the Biichii clown at the DeeSS, are among those who bought over the northern establishment on his side. This fellow was also the one that "took care" of that madmood bastard at Eyeneck.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by hisexcellency34: 10:22am
President a slave
tishbite42:
Slave wan sack master?!
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Never4getU: 11:43am
mohbadliveson:
Mele Kyari, the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), lacks integrity and should have been fired by President Bola Tinubu, says Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN).

Speaking in a chat with TheScrutiny, Sagay, former Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Commitee Against Corruption (PACAC) said Kyari has been untruthful with Nigerians over the commencement of crude oil refining at the Port Harcourt Refinery.

Kyari had explained that the Port Harcourt refinery will kick off production by early August this year, while that of Kaduna will commence by December 2024.

Kyari who had earlier announced two weeks from March 2024 as the kick-off date for production from the Port Harcourt refinery, maintained that ‘he is not lying’, as he reaffirmed the new August date.
The month of August is coming to an end, yet the refinery is yet to begin operation.

A very upset Sagay said Kyari has proven that he is unreliable and Nigerians can't believe whatever he says.

"I am extremely upset with Mele Kyari, the MD of NNPC. He has turned out to be a man who has no regard for his own integrity. He is a man who thinks he can fool Nigerians and make all of us look stupid for a long time".

"This man said the Port Harcourt refinery will be ready in December 2023 but that didn't happen. He shifted it to January 2024, it was not. He then shifted it to March, it was not. Since then, he has been kicking the can down the road from December 2023 now to August 2024, it is the same story".

"Honestly, i wonder why that man is still in his position. I wonder why the government has not sacked him".

"Based on the fact that Mele Kyari is unreliable and Nigerians cannot rely on anything he says, he does not deserve to be the MD of NNPC. There is no excuse why he still remains in that position when he has shamelessly been dribbling Nigerians since December over such a critical factor in our lives, which is petroleum".

"He has been fooling Nigerians and behaving as if there is no consequences for dishonesty and misconduct of this magnitude. I am extremely upset with him and he should not be there. He lacks integrity and should have been sacked long ago"

The Senate few days ago raised concerns over the $1.5 billion approved in 2021 for the turn-around maintenance of the Port Harcourt Refinery, citing little to no results.
https://thescrutinyng.com/2024/08/20/nnpcl-md-mele-kyari-lacks-integrity-should-have-been-sacked-long-ago-sagay/

Obviously there dirty job involving him and Tinubu if u know u know

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by naija4life247: 12:52pm
Maybe he was with Emilokan Tinubu when Buhari, Yemi Judas Osinbajo, Emefielelele and the cabal all ganged up against Tinubu's Presidential ambition, if we was helpful to Tinubu at that trying period, especially the period that Emefielele hoarded money. You know that NNPC too keeps money of Crude sales, may be the guy was one of those that gave Tinubu money then. If that is the case, then Tinubu will never ever leave him. Tinubu never ever leaves his friends even at the point of death.

As for shifting of the operation date fo the Port Harcourt refinery which everyone has been angry about, if it is that eazy, others before him would have done it. The fact that the man has been giving dates shows that he has been working on it, several journalists have gone to the site and have said work is going on there, so the guy is on course. If it is an eazy task, why didn't those before him do it?

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by naija4life247: 1:12pm
hedonido:
Because this fellow, along with the Biichii clown at the DeeSS, are among those who bought over the northern establishment on his side. This fellow was also the one that "took care" of that madmood bastard at Eyeneck.

This thing go pain you for long

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by chigator2: 1:19pm
Ff
Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by Melagros(m): 2:37pm
COMRADES, Tinubu is still keeping Kyari there because he wants to recoup his money which he has spent during the presidential election

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why Tinubu Is Still Keeping Mele Kyari As NNPC CEO - Prof. Sagay by SpaceX: 3:18pm
Melee kyari is link to shettima, probably why he is still in office.

(1) (Reply)

'from Osama To Obama': Chilling Message From Al Qaeda Leader Warns U.s. Of More / Diaspora Group Endorses Ngige For Governor / Nigeria: Are We A Good People And A Great Nation?

Viewing this topic: SpaceX, Salewa97 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.