Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:42 AM

How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin (16540 Views)

Niger Delta Communities Threaten To Cripple Oil Production Over Kanu’s Continued / NLC Directs Members To Cripple Activities At CBN Offices Nationwide / 300% Fuel Hike, NLC Vows To Cripple Economy Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by DesChyko: 8:27am On Aug 21
If I were given the task by a foreign power to cripple a developing economy like Nigeria and reduce its 200 million people to a state of desolate, mindless nihilism, here's how I'd go about it.

1. Raise taxes indiscriminately and across board. Do so with zero consultation and make the announcement as abrupt as possible so as to magnify the shock value.

2. Institute multiple taxation and create entire new arms and functions of government centred around collecting new taxes and levies. Make this process as rapid and opaque as possible, and once again, ensure there is zero public consultation and maximum shock value.

3. Remove any subsidies on production (such as those on petrol and diesel, which power 87% of all production in Nigeria) and ensure that any consumer prices set by government (such as electricity tariffs) skyrocket. This ensures that producers not only raise prices but also pass the entire cost burden on to consumers instead of pushing back on the inflationary policies. Crippling consumer inflation ensues, followed by a debilitating cost of living crisis, the likes of which the country has never seen.

4. Make energy production and supply even more convoluted and mind-bending than they already are. Add new layers of corruption between producers and the energy they need. Insert my nephew's oil company into the nerve centre of national energy infrastructure and start a war against the country's only functioning refinery, which threatens to simply access to energy. Create a weird new national energy policy that avoids all the cheaply available energy reserves in Nigeria, and starts pushing weird stuff like "renewables" and CNG on an impoverished population whose cooking fuel is mostly still either kerosene or firewood.

5. Hire a central bank governor whose career at a certain international bank intersects very curiously with mine at a time when I was involved in illegal activity and laundering the proceeds through that bank. Naturally, he is 100% pliant and will do WHATEVER I want him to do without hesitation or pushback. And then...

6. Print money. Print it at a prodigious rate. Expand the money supply at a rate more than 3x that of what my predecessor did during the COVID years. Do all of this with zero parliamentary oversight, and spend money without any sort of appropriation or documentation. Literally print money out of thin air, purchase hard assets with it and watch the worthless fiat money disappear into the dark void of a 65% informal economy. Combined with devastating consumer inflation, an unprecedented cost of living crisis, crippling energy shortages caused by my new layers of corruption and weird energy policies, the national currency's value drops through the floor, falling 200% against the dollar in the 15 months I have had power.

7. Instead of working to build new regional export markets for my country's producers (which continue to function against all the odds), start throwing trade sanctions around ECOWAS and try to start a West African regional war on my country's northern border because France and America want me to. Where my predecessor attracted criticism for creating such close ties to our northern neighbour that he pushed for an economically unviable standard gauge rail line between both countries, I instead try to start a war with that neighbour and commit several violations of international law in the process - including possible war crimes. West Africa as a whole begins to pivot away from my country and my country's producers are left with zero export market and an impoverished local market that can't afford to buy anything.

8. PILE. ON. MORE. DEBT.
Take on loans from EVERYWHERE AND EVERYONE. IMF, World Bank, African Development Bank, Zenith Bank, LAPO Microfinance Bank, pension funds, retail investors, osusu thrift credit society, EVERYTHING. If anyone questions it, throw bullshit statistics like "Low debt-to-GDP ratio" at them.

9. During all this carnage, consume CONSPICUOUSLY. The old presidential S Class Maybach is no longer good enough. Get new armoured Cadillac Escalades for me and my vice. The old presidential jet fleet - already the largest in Africa - is no longer good enough. Buy a new customised Airbus A-300. Propose buying a presidential yacht. Expand your presidential convoy to about 5 minutes long, and make sure to inconvenience people with it EVERY SINGLE. DAY.

10. Spend billions on keeping the media quiet and funding ethnic polarisation on social media so that everybody's attention is kept focused on everything and everyone except me.

Congratulations 🎊

I have destroyed a potential global power on behalf of the US Department of State 🎊 πŸ‘ πŸ’ πŸ₯³ 🎊

https://x.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1825859108156706964?t=6kKxUIAoYzWq_oZtx5HO-w&s=19

151 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by TemplarLandry: 8:28am On Aug 21

1 Like

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by ClearFlair: 8:31am On Aug 21
Well, what were they expecting

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:33am On Aug 21
This is what the APC led government is doing now.....

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Chinjo2: 8:34am On Aug 21
For.me it's to hire misfits like APCs Monday Okpebholo of Edo state.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by CyrusVI(m): 8:35am On Aug 21
Just tantrums. No factual backing or Data-laden stats

I read every single line and I couldn't see a reliable logical or Statistical source to back it up

If this guy has up to 3k followers on Twitter, then I need to stop engaging most people on SM cause it seems thats the largest gathering of low IQ individuals anywhere in the country

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Tallesty1(m): 8:55am On Aug 21
CyrusVI:

I read every single line and I couldn't see a reliable logical or Statistical source to back it up

If this guy has up to 3k followers on Twitter, then I need to stop engaging most people on SM cause it seems thats the largest gathering of low IQ individuals anywhere in the country
What he wrote is the theory; Nigeria's current state is the real-life application.

188 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by DesChyko: 8:57am On Aug 21
CyrusVI:
No factual backing or Data-laden stats

You're correct. Forget about what we see, we need stats to prove there is an inflation in in the country.

Forget about what the media reports, we also need stats to prove that the Presidency just got a new A300 jet and Escalade car.

Forget about what we pay, we need stats to know that subsidy was removed from anything.

Hell, we even need stats to know this post was made on Nairaland.

257 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:02am On Aug 21
what APC cannot destroy does not exist

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:03am On Aug 21
CyrusVI:

So when have Agbadorians started valuing statistics? No be Ebola talk say na Statistics we go chop?

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by advanceDNA: 9:04am On Aug 21
DesChyko:

You're correct. Forget about what we see, we need stats to prove there is an inflation in in the country.

Forget about what the media reports, we also need stats to prove that the Presidency just got a new A300 jet and Escalade car.

Forget about what we pay, we need stats to know that subsidy was removed from anything.

Hell, we even need stats to know this post was made on Nairaland.

Lol..sarcasm on beast mode......

Whenever u point out the anti-people and insensitive moves from the APC government, their paid followers will be asking for proof accusing you of hatred.....

I pity them and their family...it's hard supporting a government that you know deep down is not doing well....

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Digriz(m): 9:12am On Aug 21
Tilubu is doing that already.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by RZArecta(m): 9:20am On Aug 21
CyrusVI:

nobody expects anything sensible from you sir cool

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Racoon(m): 9:21am On Aug 21
Exactly what the present gang of super looters in Nigeria government today are doing. Nigeria liberate yourself.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by DesChyko: 9:26am On Aug 21
Akwamkpuruamu:

So when have Agbadorians started valuing statistics? No be Ebola talk say na Statistics we go chop?

We did not see that coming 🀣🀣

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Emperormartin(m): 9:38am On Aug 21
Most people don't believe in one Nigeria.

Not only IPOB

But politicians in current APC government

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by ivandragon: 9:41am On Aug 21
Nothing more to add really...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Salewa97: 9:44am On Aug 21
The guy is just an angry young man.

Still wondering the kind of freedom he is enjoying in UK that made him to be ranting online

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by malali: 10:05am On Aug 21
Salewa97:
The guy is just an angry young man.

Still wondering the kind of freedom he is enjoying in UK that made him to be ranting online

Is he on exile in uk ?

12 Likes

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by tuborme: 10:13am On Aug 21
My points exactly

9 Likes

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by ibechris(m): 10:17am On Aug 21
CyrusVI:

Stop to dey watch American films...if this is not what APC has done what else then?

When Obi told u guys about stats, u guys were angry but now u are now interested in statistics.

If u had read the caption,u wouldn't be lost

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Bigkoko: 10:23am On Aug 21
That is why we wish them well in a nation of their dreams. this certainly is their dream...where all the above happens!

DesChyko:
If I were given the task by a foreign power to cripple a developing economy like Nigeria and reduce its 200 million people to a state of desolate, mindless nihilism, here's how I'd go about it.

1. Raise taxes indiscriminately and across board. Do so with zero consultation and make the announcement as abrupt as possible so as to magnify the shock value.

2. Institute multiple taxation and create entire new arms and functions of government centred around collecting new taxes and levies. Make this process as rapid and opaque as possible, and once again, ensure there is zero public consultation and maximum shock value.

3. Remove any subsidies on production (such as those on petrol and diesel, which power 87% of all production in Nigeria) and ensure that any consumer prices set by government (such as electricity tariffs) skyrocket. This ensures that producers not only raise prices but also pass the entire cost burden on to consumers instead of pushing back on the inflationary policies. Crippling consumer inflation ensues, followed by a debilitating cost of living crisis, the likes of which the country has never seen.

4. Make energy production and supply even more convoluted and mind-bending than they already are. Add new layers of corruption between producers and the energy they need. Insert my nephew's oil company into the nerve centre of national energy infrastructure and start a war against the country's only functioning refinery, which threatens to simply access to energy. Create a weird new national energy policy that avoids all the cheaply available energy reserves in Nigeria, and starts pushing weird stuff like "renewables" and CNG on an impoverished population whose cooking fuel is mostly still either kerosene or firewood.

5. Hire a central bank governor whose career at a certain international bank intersects very curiously with mine at a time when I was involved in illegal activity and laundering the proceeds through that bank. Naturally, he is 100% pliant and will do WHATEVER I want him to do without hesitation or pushback. And then...

6. Print money. Print it at a prodigious rate. Expand the money supply at a rate more than 3x that of what my predecessor did during the COVID years. Do all of this with zero parliamentary oversight, and spend money without any sort of appropriation or documentation. Literally print money out of thin air, purchase hard assets with it and watch the worthless fiat money disappear into the dark void of a 65% informal economy. Combined with devastating consumer inflation, an unprecedented cost of living crisis, crippling energy shortages caused by my new layers of corruption and weird energy policies, the national currency's value drops through the floor, falling 200% against the dollar in the 15 months I have had power.

7. Instead of working to build new regional export markets for my country's producers (which continue to function against all the odds), start throwing trade sanctions around ECOWAS and try to start a West African regional war on my country's northern border because France and America want me to. Where my predecessor attracted criticism for creating such close ties to our northern neighbour that he pushed for an economically unviable standard gauge rail line between both countries, I instead try to start a war with that neighbour and commit several violations of international law in the process - including possible war crimes. West Africa as a whole begins to pivot away from my country and my country's producers are left with zero export market and an impoverished local market that can't afford to buy anything.

8. PILE. ON. MORE. DEBT.
Take on loans from EVERYWHERE AND EVERYONE. IMF, World Bank, African Development Bank, Zenith Bank, LAPO Microfinance Bank, pension funds, retail investors, osusu thrift credit society, EVERYTHING. If anyone questions it, throw bullshit statistics like "Low debt-to-GDP ratio" at them.

9. During all this carnage, consume CONSPICUOUSLY. The old presidential S Class Maybach is no longer good enough. Get new armoured Cadillac Escalades for me and my vice. The old presidential jet fleet - already the largest in Africa - is no longer good enough. Buy a new customised Airbus A-300. Propose buying a presidential yacht. Expand your presidential convoy to about 5 minutes long, and make sure to inconvenience people with it EVERY SINGLE. DAY.

10. Spend billions on keeping the media quiet and funding ethnic polarisation on social media so that everybody's attention is kept focused on everything and everyone except me.

Congratulations 🎊

I have destroyed a potential global power on behalf of the US Department of State 🎊 πŸ‘ πŸ’ πŸ₯³ 🎊

https://x.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1825859108156706964?t=6kKxUIAoYzWq_oZtx5HO-w&s=19

2 Likes

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Johandel(m): 10:24am On Aug 21
Na statistics we go chop? Obi importer and exporter. And finally we're chopping statistics

14 Likes

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Ubycare: 10:49am On Aug 21
CyrusVI:

In your BOSS VOICE
"Na statistics we go chop"?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by trutharena: 11:53am On Aug 21
David Hundeyin is a clown.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by sacajawea(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21
Improve the way you talk, improve it...
Everything there is generally well Known though

3 Likes

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by Softmen: 12:19pm On Aug 21
Digriz:
Tilubu is doing that already.

It's obvious U blind then
Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by arantess: 12:19pm On Aug 21
tinubu has done this country dirty....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by tropaz(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21
Hi Mods,

Kindly be aware that this is an international platform that attracts both foreigners, Nigerian at home and those in diaspora.

Hence, Insensitive perspectives in a bid to demarket Nigeria by enemies of the Nation should not grace the front page indiscriminately.

This is our home and we can't let the opinions of some few miscrants who have not even been able to manage small businesses or their personal lives thrive over the hard work put in place by well meaning Nigerians daily.

PS; I'm not politically affiliated to any political party for now. I'm just a patriotic Nigerian aspiring for a better Nigeria while starting with myself and my immediate environment.

God bless NIGERIA πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬
Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by illuminutty: 12:19pm On Aug 21
Agbadonomics 101

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by maxiuc(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21
cheesy
Re: How To Cripple A Developing Economy Like Nigeria - David Hundeyin by DeLaRue: 12:20pm On Aug 21
So in addition to being a so-called activist, this guy is also an international economist.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning / Tambuwal: No One Has Monopoly Of Leading Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.