Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,122 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:08 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) (16078 Views)

Poll: Who do you vote as Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland

Andre Uweh: 22% (36 votes)
High_Chief: 9% (16 votes)
Odumchi: 15% (26 votes)
OnlyTruth: 52% (85 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos: Midnight Voting In Bayelsa (#bayelsadecides). / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri / Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Obiagu1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Finally, a sane contribution! This is a real big shame that adults would lower themselves to this.

You're not Igbo so if you missed your way, I'll kindly show you the nearest exit.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by lailaiwala: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
damn! i didn't think it was possible to despise kobofreakingjunkie any more than i already do. always sneaking to the complaints thread like a RATFINK!  angry *vomit*

i'm considering onlytruth and andreuweh. i would automatically go for andre because he is a traditionalist as well a cultured fella. if not for some of his outrageous abusive vulgar and obscene language when provoked.  and i don't mean he says "freaking" or "despised." tongue

i've not considered high chief or odumchi at all. sorry.

still thinking. there is time.  undecided Maybe a write-in candidate (okija- lipsrsealed).

sorry about before, ify.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by okadaman2: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2011
[size=28pt]Okija_Juju where are you sir??[/size]

By the power of the Alusis this injustice shall not stand!! angry

These Efulefu Christians will not sell our people out a second time. We voted for a true son of Amadioha

Okija_juju is the candidate, molded with the freshest reddest clay of Igboland

Okija_juju is the man

Fierce defender of our people's pride and Heritage

Okija_juju is the man

Powered by the unyielding force of the immortal Amadioha

Okija_juju is the Man.

We will Accept no other but a true Son of Ndigbo. A leader whose chi towers above all.

Okija_juju is the One.

This injustice shall be opposed and defeated!!  angry angry angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by nduchucks: 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
Goodness gracious, Abagworo!!!   cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

This activity is a confirmation of Sadauna's observations.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by VoodooDoll(m): 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kedụ

So who's winning so far? An interesting development.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by okadaman2: 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
[size=28pt]Okija_Juju[/size]

[size=28pt]Come out and lead your people!!!

No pretender can occupy the place of Eze Ndigbo Online![/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by realchange: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^
Okija_juju was kicked to the curb by the umunna very early in the process. grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Kc3000: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
@Abagworo, those were exactly my sentiments when I first stumbled on the original thread, and I quickly voiced my displeasure with the whole thing. But on a second look, I realized the light-hearted nature of the thread had escaped me. I believe the Umunna are just having fun with this, and taking a break from the nauseating daily routine of arguing with Ndi Yoruba. . . . .although some of the more helpless ones have trailed us here.
   So, Chief, do not pop an artery over this. My only surprise is that you were not at least nominated, given how versed you are in Igbo affairs.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2011
Abagworo:

You guys have come here to disgrace the Igbo nation like your so called Eze Ndigbo Lagos or Kano or Jos. Stop this disgrace.I don't even believe that any true Igbo daughter or son would allow himself to be ridiculed to this level. Azen gbokwa!!

The moderator needs to move this to tribalist or joke session.

You think only Igbos have Eze Ndiigbo in big towns?

I guess you've not heard of Sarkin Hausawas and Sarkin Fulanis in major towns across the country?

www.allafrica.com/stories/201104210290.html
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by ndigbo: 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2011
voting is going on smooth and cool!
PointB good Job i must commend.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2011
Abagworo:

You guys have come here to disgrace the Igbo nation like your so called Eze Ndigbo Lagos or Kano or Jos. Stop this disgrace.I don't even believe that any true Igbo daughter or son would allow himself to be ridiculed to this level. Azen gbokwa!!

The moderator needs to move this to tribalist or joke session.

I guess you've not heard of Sarkin Hausawas and Sarkin Fulanis and Oba Yorubas in major towns across the country?

www.allafrica.com/stories/201001190052.html
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by aljharem3: 11:41pm On Dec 06, 2011
mbatuku2:

I guess you've not heard of Sarkin Hausawas and Sarkin Fulanis and Oba Yorubas in major towns across the country?

www.allafrica.com/stories/201001190052.html

true. each ethnic group is represented in major states of the country

also peri of lagos ( Ijaws)

Oba in rivers state

emir in lagos

etc not really a big deal But I don't know there function undecided why the title if they don't have a function

who are they representing, is it the people who have governors and SA etc or what
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by PointB: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2011
@Odumchi,
The Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland is valid for one year. That is one of the reason those who did not confirm their nomination was disqualified. Winner will relinquish the title after a year. Which implies a yearly affairs.

Regards.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by odumchi: 12:01am On Dec 07, 2011
What are the duties of the "Eze"? Or is it just a title?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by okadaman2: 12:06am On Dec 07, 2011
realchange:

^^
Okija_juju was kicked to the curb by the umunna very early in the process. grin

Who constituted the Umunna? Give me their names.

Sacrilege! angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by PointB: 12:08am On Dec 07, 2011
Am browsing with my phone now. Check the first page of the nomination Can we Have an Ere Ndi Igbo thread.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Relax101(m): 3:50am On Dec 07, 2011
I dey come.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by lailaiwala: 4:03am On Dec 07, 2011
PointB:

Can we Have an Ere Ndi Igbo thread. 

you want to add another sequel before the season finale?  anyway, what was wrong with adding this poll in the original very lively, fun and awesome thread? commissioner is just killing the mood, mehn. angry where is everybody?  embarassed

btw, there's no way to see current standing without voting?
hmmm. very smart. "secret ballot." that way no idea how much ballot stuffing in needed. cool it's not tamperproof however.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Yeske2(m): 6:49am On Dec 07, 2011
Apart from voting the Eze, how do we constitute his cabinet?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2011
Yeske!:

Apart from voting the Eze, how do we constitute his cabinet?

Na wa o! You guys are taking this thing too serious. grin

Abeg chillax.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by MmuoOkija: 10:33am On Dec 07, 2011
Mixed reactions trail the Eze Ndi Igbo elections.

Thisday Newspaper
December 5th Publication

The voting has commenced to elect the Eze Ndi Igbo 1 of Nairaland, in what has been discribed by international observers as the worst form of broad daylight rigging in the history of democracy. Our reporters went out and interviewed many Nigerians and observers on what they felt about the proceedings and this is what we got;

Even I am speechless. This is worse than anything I've done.  - Maurice Iwu Former INEC Chairman.

With I guy like PointB handling an election in my country, I shall be in power even after I die, because he can make even a dead man win. - Robert Mugabe. Zimbabwean President

As a proud Igbo woman, I am ashamed to associate myself with this sort of charade. Infact this election has given me the inspiration for my new book titled "Pointb is a true SUN of a BEACH" - Chiamanda Ngozi Adichie. Prize winning authour of Half of a yellow Sun.

Laugh wan kill me o!! - Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo Former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Even I could have better rigged a football match result using just an Abacus. One word to describe this would be "system failure". - Bill Gates CEO Microsoft.

I am not surprised. The second I heard he (PointB) was incharge, I knew that the elections would be flawed. In 2005 he was arrested for selling fake drugs in Onitsha by Mrs. Akunyili, also arrested by Tafa Balogun for importing sub-standard spare parts at Seme border. He also gave false testimony in court, gained admission into polythecnic with falsified results, was caught buying hard drugs with counterfiet money and then you give him an election to run, OFCOURSE he will provide you with fake results. - Nuhu Ribadu Former EFCC Chairman.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth!!  shocked Did you say election or selection - Mahmoud Ahmedinejad President of the Islamic republic of Iran.

That was not an election. It was a jamboree of frivolous decadence, masqueraded as an election with the sole purpose of enthroning a puppet whose puppeteers would manipulate, exploit, maneuver, steer and gravitate to sway, play and levitate to their malicious melody. The entire Igbo assembly should band together and expectorate the anthropomorphic hoodlums for thier midst before they teleport them back in time to the pre-jurrasic times. - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon. Senator from Edo State

Where was this guy (pointB) during the PDP Primaries?! I would have won by a landslide victory. - Atiku Abubakar Former Nigerian Vice President and PDP presidential primaries loser.

Tufikwa!! Gini! What election?! that is an aluu, perpertuated by decendants of Osu's - Ohaneze Ndi Igbo spokesman.

Did I hear you say 'Eze Ndi Igbo' election?! I dont think you finished your question. Its is 'Eze ndi Egbo-smokers elections'. - Gov. Perter Obi Executive governor of Anambra State.

Embarassing!! - Seun Osewa CEO Nairaland group

Also, wikileaks has also released damning evidence of moneys paid to the Electoral Commisioner and also copies of invoices and reciept of the merchandises and gift items given to the electoral commisioner by some of the Candidates. The election was done by secret balloting and reports coming out of the Commisions office says that rigging was of epic proportions. A reliable source who pleaded not to be named, told our reporter this;
reliable source:
"Ifele na eme'm (i'm ashamed). Maka chukwu ifu ife anya'm fu na this election, anya mmli ga gbapu gi (True to God, if you see what I saw in this election, you'll cry). Ballot boxes where being thumb printed by all manner of creature. A new born baby that was there thumb printed some, when they had ran out of thumbs, they started using their toes. As if that wasnt bad enough, ma ewu, nchi, bussu, nkita, ngwere and even oke (they even started using goats, grasscutters, cats, dogs, lizard and even rats) to paw-print, hoof-print and claw-print. Fa' di very desparate (they are desparate). Obu na aka ochicha bu ibu, ochicha-print aka ga di na the ballot paper (If the hands of the cockroach were bigger, there would also had been cockroach-print on the ballot paper as well.)

The question on everyones lip now is "what  is the hope of the Igbo people?". .

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Funkymallam(m): 11:08am On Dec 07, 2011
^
Oboi see undercover! Lmao
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Afam4eva(m): 11:25am On Dec 07, 2011
No matter how playful this Eze Ndigbo thingy may sound. I think we Igbos on nairaland should use it to forge a common front to solve some of the problems plaguing Igboland today. It shouldn't just end on nairaland.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by marocguy(m): 11:28am On Dec 07, 2011
lwkmd, Okija shrine don show.
Anyway i voted d only okenye,nze na ozo of nairaland. Ozo andreh uweh! This man has done a more than anybody in pursuing the fight to save our fast fading away culture. I think with motivation as the igwe of nairaland,our reliable okenye wud do more.
Onlytruth represents a sane strong modern igbo man courageous enough to lead too,but when it comes to the core leadership values influence and familiarity with our culture and rites, i think it is Andreuweh.
Let the umunna speak,their voice and vote i stand with.
Ndi be anyi,ogwu ka o ha m na onu!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by xtianh(m): 11:42am On Dec 07, 2011
@ Afam4eva Seconded. Lets leave Okija juju to b deceiving himself. Even next year wen he come again campaign all thngs he is doing nw will b used also to disqualify him. He is a big loser which can b likened to a taught, this time he is virtual taught. Lets stil keep our votes coming.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2011
afam4eva:

No matter how playful this Eze Ndigbo thingy may sound. I think we Igbos on nairaland should use it to forge a common front to solve some of the problems plaguing Igboland today. It shouldn't just end on nairaland.

You want to use this to solve the problems ithe problems facing Igbos, when you and your cohorts have openly and shamlessly rigged the elections. I'm sorry, if this election isnt annulled and a fresh election conducted by an impertial, non-indian pro'stitute patronizing electoral commisioner, then get ready for war! I shall lead the opposition against every and any eze that this process shall produce and make all igbo threads hell!!

You had better call your people to order before all hell breaks loose!!  angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2011
Okija_juju:

You want to use this to solve the problems ithe problems facing Igbos, when you and your cohorts have openly and shamlessly rigged the elections. I'm sorry, if this election isnt annulled and a fresh election conducted by an impertial, non-indian pro'stitute patronizing electoral commisioner, then get ready for war! I shall lead the opposition against every and any eze that this process shall produce and make all igbo threads hell!!

You had better call your people to order before all hell breaks loose!!  angry

You brought all these on yourself. People, incliding myself have questioned your Igboness because of the way you go about insulting Ojukwu, Rochas and anything Igbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:52am On Dec 07, 2011
xtianh:

@ Afam4eva Seconded. Lets leave Okija juju to b deceiving himself. Even next year wen he come again campaign all thngs he is doing nw will b used also to disqualify him. He is a big loser which can b likened to a taught, this time he is virtual taught. Lets stil keep our votes coming.

Look at this cockroach calling me a loser!

You and your types represent the problems facing ndi igbo today. Charlatants born yesterday running their mouths carelessly in a gathering of elders. I may play around and clown just for the hell  of it, but listen up boy, dont take my joviality for granted. I wont hesitate to sting if provoked. Now run off and go and buy kolanuts for the elders.  angry

Insolent little twerp!  angry

@ Maroc

What about the other contestants whose names mysteriously dissappeared from the ballot paper?! How do we address such matters?! I dont care if I lose, but I want to lose fairly! Even Dede1 would have given Onlytruth a good run!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2011
afam4eva:

You brought all these on yourself. People, incliding myself have questioned your Igboness because of the way you go about insulting Ojukwu, Rochas and anything Igbo.

Afam, so if anybody speaks against popular opinion, the person stops being Igbo?!

Is that the way it is now?!

Must every Igbo man like Rochas?!

Must every Igbo man praise Ojukwu?!

I dont understand this anymore! At first it was funny, but now I think I'm ready to address this issue seriously!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Dec 07, 2011
Okija_juju:

Afam, so if anybody speaks against popular opinion, the person stops being Igbo?!

Is that the way it is now?!

Must every Igbo man like Rochas?!

Must every Igbo man praise Ojukwu?!

I dont understand this anymore! At first it was funny, but now I think I'm ready to address this issue seriously!

Is it not the same people that hold this popular opinion that you're expecting to vote for you? It's very impossible to seperate Ojukwu and the Igbo race. Majority of Igbos see him as the architect of modern day Igboism(if there's any word like that). So, deriding him will not be taken lightly by Igbos. Especially coming from someone who wants their vote.

Look at people like Onlytruth and Andre Uweh for example, they engage in Igbo discussions where they give suggestions on way to move Igboland forward. Andre for example is an Igbo youth leader in the UK where he's trying to bring Igbo youths together. Letting them remember where they come from. I've never seen you in any Igbo discussion. The only time you show face is when it's time to back Ojukwu and Rochas.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by xtianh(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
@ okija juju this threat is the kind of threat that i used in chasing away some yound children(age 5 - 8yrs) years ago who came to illegally pluck some oranges(ndi osi orange) from my compound. I dnt knw if you were one of them. So stop making empty threats cus is nt going change anything. Respect urself o. The masses had spoken so respect thier opinion. Just cast nd get out
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by xtianh(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
@ okija juju this threat is the kind of threat that i used in chasing away some yound children(age 5 - 8yrs) years ago who came to illegally pluck some oranges(ndi osi orange) from my compound. I dnt knw if you were one of them. So stop making empty threats cus is nt going change anything. Respect urself o. The masses had spoken so respect thier opinion. Just cast nd get out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Recession Will End Soon, Atiku Assures / Mustapha Dandaura: Rivers State Gets New Commissioner Of Police / Drone Killing: Some Politicians In Northern Govt Houses Sympathetic To Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.