Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,051 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:32 PM

Irregular Monthly Periods? Please Read! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Irregular Monthly Periods? Please Read! (1212 Views)

Irregular Monthly Menstrual Flow / Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! / Causes Of Irregular Menstrual Periods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irregular Monthly Periods? Please Read! by ronique: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2007
Hi pals,I know quite a number of females have this problem but find it difficult to seek medical attention.Some do but do not get results. Well, if you are interested in correcting this anomaly, then I would advice you try a traditional chinese medicine which has prove of effectiveness to correct your system and thus enabling you see your periods as usual. Never take not seeing your period likely especially when you know you aint pregnant, otherwise you may just be taking your ability to concieve for granted. This is an African setting and we all know the kind of trauma most women who are unable to give birth face with their in-laws. For further detailson this medication please call Veronica on 08054600541.
Re: Irregular Monthly Periods? Please Read! by Kilkenny: 1:25am On Sep 28, 2007
I really would not subscribe to this- "traditional" chinese medicine,in other words unconventional & unorthodox methods which have not been really tested & tried or subjected to the rigorous scrutiny of research & scientific testing/analysis; is definitely not the way to go.

There are many reasons why a woman could be having irregular periods- from medical conditions such as problems with the hormonal glands (pituitary,thyroid,adrenals & ovaries) to uterine problems to everyday things like anorexia,severe stress,weight gain/loss etc; so i would advise such a person to see their doctor in the first instance or a gynaecologist preferably.
Re: Irregular Monthly Periods? Please Read! by ronique: 11:57am On Oct 05, 2007
Hey Kilkenny, before jumping into conclusion on what "Traditional Chinese Medicine" is,you should have asked what authority I have before I decided to post such an advert! Well, this "Tradition Chinese Medicine"is manufactured here in Nigeria by a reputable Pharmaceutical Industries (Fidson)for a reputable Chinese firm. Besides that, it is NAFDAC compliant and it has been proven to correct such anomalies. Of course I expect that whoever that wants to consult me must have seen a doctor. I hope that you know that different people have different body systems and as such it is possible for some peoples body to defy the so called Western Medication which infact have various adverse effects.
Re: Irregular Monthly Periods? Please Read! by ronique: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2007
Least I forget, they are well pakaged in capsules so I bet you now understand it's aint crude at all! Enough scientific analysis and research has been carried out on it. Na wa for some peoples myopic thinking!
Re: Irregular Monthly Periods? Please Read! by starlight2: 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2007
Abnormal vaginal bleeding

The usual cause of vaginal bleeding is menstruation (the monthly period). However, any vaginal bleeding that is not normal menstrual bleeding or mid- cycle spotting (which often occurs during the first few months of taking the oral contraceptive pill) may be abnormal and must be investigated. This is because it may be a sign of a problem within the vagina, uterus (womb) or ovaries. This includes irregular or excessively heavy menstrual bleeding, and any vaginal bleeding in a woman who has passed the menopause.

In teenage girls, the first few periods can be irregular and of varying degrees of heaviness, and this is not abnormal. Around the time of the menopause, menstrual bleeding often becomes irregular, and again this is not abnormal.

HRT (hormone replacement therapy) may also cause harmless bleeding in postmenopausal women who have stopped having periods.

What causes abnormal vaginal bleeding and who is at risk? Abnormal vaginal bleeding may occur between the normal menstrual bleeds (intermenstrual bleeding) or it may take the form of unusually heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia). In postmenopausal women, it may develop after a number of years without any vaginal bleeding. It can be caused by a number of things, including:

* hormone imbalances,
* injury to the vagina or vulva,
* sexual abuse,
* infection in the uterus,
* polyps and fibroids (benign growths) in the uterus,
* cancer of the cervix,
* cancer of the uterus,
* some cancers of the ovaries,
* complications of an early (possibly
* unknown) pregnancy, for example,
* ectopic pregnancy or threatened miscarriage.

Hormonal imbalances are by far the most common cause, and the problem usually occurs during the reproductive years.

(1) (Reply)

Moringa And Quail Eggs / Does Keeping Nails Makes Someone Looks Irresponsible / He Is 30+ But Gat A Joystick Of A 10yr Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.