Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,500 members, 7,929,632 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:18 PM

Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi (39789 Views)

Directors Making Me Climb Through Windows – Mercy Aigbe (Photo) / Nkiruka Udom Of AIT Is Dead / AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Antoeni(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22
The Chairman of DAAR Communications Plc, owners of AIT, Raypower and Faaji FM, Raymond Dokpesi (Jnr), has offered explanations on why he had to ease 10 Directors, including Dr. Oluwatosin Dokpesi, the wife of his late father, Dr. Raymond Dokpesi, out of the company.

Dokpesi offered the explanation in an interview with Daily Sun on Wednesday, days after the sack was confirmed by the firm.

He said: “I think the first thing to recognise is that it is not a personal decision to ask anyone to go.

“If I had it left to me and to myself, I would definitely want to harness the experiences, the relationships and the skills that the existing management has for a little bit longer.

But the reality of the matter is that we are a publicly listed company.

We are the only publicly listed media company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and that means we are also bound by the Securities and Exchange Commission rules and the code of corporate governance is mandatory for all publicly listed companies.

So, that means our responsibilities to our shareholders transcend personal choices or personal opinions.

We have persons who are leaving the organisation after 27 years; we have people who are leaving after 22 years.

The vast majority of this time, they have spent in executive management positions and yet, the code of corporate governance and our internal documents state we should only do a maximum of two terms of five years.

So, their retirement is, in fact, long overdue.

“It was a decision which ought to have been made, even as far back as five, six, seven years ago.

“But as of that time, my dad was still alive, very present and very active and also, we were going through different political turbulence as far as our organisation is concerned.

“Nobody needs to be reminded of the history of the former President Muhammadu Buhari administration with reference to the treatment of AIT and our founder in particular.

“Notwithstanding, whatever you want to say about the incumbent administration, I think, to some large extent, they have shown their capacity for accommodation of all shades of opinions from public broadcasters.

“We don’t feel the heat and the intimidation of governments as we did a couple of years ago and the time is opportune and right as well for us to review where exactly we want to go, going forward from here.

“For me, and I think also for the vast majority of members of our board, the decision comes down to simply determining: Do we want to continue on our existing trajectory or do we want to do something differently?

“And if we are looking at doing something differently, it means we have to subject ourselves to abide by the terms and conditions of extant laws and regulations to give the investing public confidence into our organisation and the administration and also to be able to attract the kinds of funds and investments we need to grow and expand beyond our existing programmes.”

DAAR Communications PLC announced the retirement of members of its Executive Management with effect from October 31, 2024 in compliance with Code of Corporate Governance as well as Company’s Internal Control Policies and Procedures Manual.

A statement signed by the Company Secretary, Miji Jonah, said the affected officials have spent over 10 years in such capacity.

Those affected were Senior High Chief Tony Akiotu, Dr. Oluwatosin Dokpesi, Dr. Ambrose Somide, Anthony Uyah, Paulyn Ugbodaga, Mary Lawrence-Dokpesi, Faith Ikems, Imoni Amarere, John Iwarue and Johnson Onime.

The Board of DAAR Communications PLC expressed gratitude to all the retiring Executive Board members for their invaluable contributions to the company during their tenure and wished them the very best in their future endeavours.

The statement added that the media conglomerate is working on major restructuring of its leadership and once this is concluded, the Nigerian Exchange Limited and other regulatory authorities, its shareholders and the general public would be notified.

https://reubenabati.com.ng/featur/why-i-sacked-my-father-s-wife-other-directors-ait-s-dokpesi/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Antoeni(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22
No Time For Nonsense, Business is Business

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by GOFRONT(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22
He fired his Father's wife.....No Sentiment

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 4:57pm On Aug 22
This one is fighting his mother's battle, some of us know the inside story. Big for nothing man.
The senior wife in a polygamous setting always enjoy the wealth with her children after the death of their husband, so if you are married into a polygamous family as a junior wife please make sure you gained enough from him while he's alive because after his death the battle is over for you.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 5:02pm On Aug 22
GOFRONT:
He fired his Father's wife.....No Sentiment
He's playing to the media. He's firing all his father's wives, his mom seperated(not divorce) from his dad when he took other wives and it's payback time for the women who came to marry his dad leaving his mom heartbroken for years. It's a polygamous battle and not the rubbish he's feeding the media. Interesting 😆

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by denko(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22
I came back to check the sex of this poster.
EreluRoz:
This one is fighting his mother's battle, some of us know the inside story. Big for nothing man.
The senior wife in a polygamous setting always enjoy the wealth with her children after the death of their husband, so if you are married into a polygamous family as a junior wife please make sure you milk the man dry while he's alive because after his death the battle is over for you.

30 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by LagosPrince: 5:02pm On Aug 22
The company willed in his name grin

13 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Bigboytinz: 5:11pm On Aug 22

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 5:12pm On Aug 22
LagosPrince:
The company willed in his name grin
He's the first son

25 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Ennyjude(f): 5:13pm On Aug 22
Seriously

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by CyrusVI(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22
I like ruthless people. They make the best leaders

I know a lecturer that failed his wife in one of his courses. My respect for him quadrupled immediately and I would vote for him if he ever contest for the Presidential seat

I like wicked people with sound logic
Kudos bro

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Lanretoye(m): 5:14pm On Aug 22
See the black man mentality of fighting polygamous battle…

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Macphenson: 5:23pm On Aug 22
This yeye Daar Communication shares that my Dad bought then. When I came to Lagos and saw their office, I was like is this what my Dad wasted his money on?

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Melagros(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22
COMRADES are speechless, no condition is permanent, today you can be a director and tomorrow you'll be no more

Hope Hitler wike is taking note of this incident, he is so arrogant, he behaves rudely as if he will remain in power forever

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Beremx(f): 5:28pm On Aug 22

Those affected were Senior High Chief Tony Akiotu, Dr. Oluwatosin Dokpesi, Dr. Ambrose Somide, Anthony Uyah, Paulyn Ugbodaga, Mary Lawrence-Dokpesi, Faith Ikems, Imoni Amarere, John Iwarue and Johnson Onime.
These were the pioneer staff of AIT and Ray power FM in 1994. If they're due for retirement, so be it. Pauline Ugbodaga and Ambrose Somide were few of my favorites back then when AIT started.

Happy retirement to them. They have tried

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Beremx(f): 5:33pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:
He's playing to the media. He's firing all his father's wives, his mom seperated(not divorce) from his dad when he took other wives and it's payback time for the women who came to marry his dad leaving his mom heartbroken for years. It's a polygamous battle and not the rubbish he's feeding the media. Interesting 😆
oh well, the first wife who is a white woman couldn't condone polygamy. I think he married three more wives, Tosin being the last wife. Kenny Ogungbe's sister, can't remember her name is also a numbered wife.

It is well with their family

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 5:39pm On Aug 22
Beremx:
oh well, the first wife who is a white woman couldn't condone polygamy. I think he married three more wives, Tosin being the last wife. Kenny Ogungbe's sister, can't remember her name is also a numbered wife.

It is well with their family
Yes Moji Dokpesi is the ogunbe sister, Tosin is the fourth wife. The white was his first wife and couldn't accept his polygamous life but she seperated from him as oga Dokpesi didn't agree to the divorce.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by mytime24(f): 5:56pm On Aug 22
No WiLL 🫤

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Beremx(f): 5:56pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:
Yes Moji Dokpesi is the ogunbe sister, Tosin is the fourth wife. The white was his first wife and couldn't accept his polygamous life but she seperated from him as oga Dokpesi didn't agree to the divorce.
Tosin is a staff of AIT. If she's due for retirement then that shouldn't be an issue. She was working for the TV station when she became 4th wife. Moji didn't work for the TV station same as the other wives.

Hope Dokpesi had a will before he died. If not there's going to be wahala

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by jamesversion: 6:03pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:

Come lemme marry you. I promise I won't add any other wife to you. kiss

5 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Kobicove(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:

How do you know that Dokpesi did not agree to a divorce, are you a rat living in their family house? grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 6:11pm On Aug 22
Beremx:
Tosin is a staff of AIT. If she's due for retirement then that shouldn't be an issue. She was working for the TV station when she became 4th wife. Moji didn't work for the TV station same as the other wives.

Hope Dokpesi had a will before he died. If not there's going to be wahala
Yes Tosin has long been working for AIT before he married her, she plays a very important role in AIT, the retirement whatever is just a facade, he wants them all out. Moji has her own business in Apapa she has never worked for AIT but do contracts and supply as at when needed.
Dokpesi has always made everyone around him know his regret for polygamy and how he wished to still be with his first wife at old age but unfortunately death hit him unexpectedly. He mostly willed his assets to this Raymond Junior and it's obviously to satisfy his first wife. As for other wives they should go away with what they gained from him while alive, it's enough to last them a lifetime. Na who loseguard for polygamy go regret

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 6:12pm On Aug 22
Kobicove:

How do you know that Dokpesi did not agree to a divorce, are you a rat living in their family house? grin
If I didn't know I won't be bold to type such here. He always sound it to everyone around him his regret to have taken tow the polygamous path

10 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Beremx(f): 6:12pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:
Yes Tosin has long been working for AIT before he married her, she plays a very important role in AIT, the retirement whatever is just a facade, he wants them all out. Moji has her own business in Apapa she has never worked for AIT but do contracts and supply as at when needed.
Dokpesi has always made everyone around him know his regret for polygamy and how he wished to still be with his first wife at old age but unfortunately death hit him unexpectedly. He mostly willed his assets to this Raymond Junior and it's obviously to satisfy his first wife. As for other wives they should go away with what they gained from him while alive, it's enough to last them a lifetime. Na who loseguard for polygamy go regret
na wa o!! Polygamy na your mate? Lol it is well o!

7 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 6:13pm On Aug 22
jamesversion:

Come lemme marry you. I promise I won't add any other wife to you. kiss
You still want to marry in this hard economy, ain't women liabilities anymore? Add another wives as you can but me sef go get my own plans .

19 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by idahme(m): 6:19pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:
The senior wife in a polygamous setting always enjoy the wealth with her children after the death of their husband, so if you are married into a polygamous family as a junior wife please make sure you gained enough from him while he's alive because after his death the battle is over for you.

Madam go and work and stop been a parasite to the society. Everything about you is selfishness and self centeredness, I wonder who will marry a liability mindset minded person like you very disgusting and appalling. Every relationship with a man is how to collect, benefit and zero addition to the man.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by idahme(m): 6:19pm On Aug 22
denko:

Na parasite, everything is geared towards collecting nothing to give.

Pathetic

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by EreluRoz: 6:20pm On Aug 22
The foool above me has been seeking attention but it won't get. Radarada

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by manmade(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22
denko:
na them! Don't bother to check further.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by idahme(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:
You still want to marry in this hard economy, ain't women liabilities anymore? Add another wives as you can but me sef go get my own plans .

Since you don't want to be useful to the society he wants to give you money go and marry him

3 Likes

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by jamesversion: 6:28pm On Aug 22
EreluRoz:

E no get anytime wey I call women liabilities. Mehn, if that's truly you in the pics, your skin is 10/10. My type of woman. kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi by Alphastrong: 7:24pm On Aug 22
Gone are the days when AIT was frontier.... now it's been relegated by Tvc, Arise and channels undecided

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Nina’s Boyfriend Reveals Why He Deleted Her Photos / Can You Remember This Movie, Issakaba? / Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics)

Viewing this topic: muhammadmuqtada(m), millionboi2, IfeomaOnu1, lakeside69, Adexgentle005(m), Okikiola24 and 25 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.