Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,183 members, 7,916,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 01:17 AM

Pls help! a brother needs your advise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls help! a brother needs your advise (829 Views)

Please Advise A Brother / Please Your Brother Needs Helps. / Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls help! a brother needs your advise by GIO12: 6:49am On Dec 07, 2011
Let me use this great opportunity to commend everyone in the house for an excellent job going on here. I have gone through so many post but this is my very first post.                         

Pls help a brother that is seriously in need of advise on the next step to take inorder to have a dream come through in his career move.                                                 

Am a graduate of engineering with over eight years experience in a multinational company who just completed thirty this year though not married yet but having the dream of being a professional in logistic and supply chain mgt cos that is the area i have bulk of my experience.             

Reasons for wanting to take the course in the uk:
(1) My company do give out career break to its staff, hence will not have to resign my appointment with the company.
(2) On completion of the program from the school i had an offer, i will be fast track to full membership of CIPS and CILT based on my years of work experience. 
(3) International exposure as well as international career networking.         

My confrontations are:
(1) I would have love to settle down soon but my prospect for career move will be at risk due to finance.
(2) Was only able to get school that meet my career aspirations in the uk as well as fast track me into full membership of CIPS and CILT.
(3) Tried doing a distance program but stress and pressure from office did not allowed me considering 12hours+ daily.                                                   

My questions are:
(1) Should i make use of the advantage of the career break policy from my company to get the uk msc as well as CIPS and CILT inorder to have better prospect while i prospone settling down.                                                       
(2) Should i invest the money into something else and settle down then my prospect MAY suffer.               
(3) what would my prospect be after getting uk msc also being a full member of CIPS and CILT globally.                                                                       

Hope to hear from my brothers and sisters that are more experience.[left][/left]
Re: Pls help! a brother needs your advise by 27naira(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2011
undecided

Actually, at your age i think you should be able to take decisions independent of trivial external pressures like "my girl is putting pressure on me" or "they want me to start a second house". It seems like you came here to since your praises rather than to seek genuine advice because if you are the professional you claim to be, you will understand the importance of further education in career advancement and growth.

Ok, on a lighter note, GO FOR YOUR MSC!!! (must not be UK) wink
Re: Pls help! a brother needs your advise by dalebutt1: 11:03am On Dec 07, 2011
@27naira, I concur with your above comment, absolutely on point

(1) (Reply)

Citizenship For Sale: Foreign Investors Flock To U.S. / How Did A Needle End Up In An Air Canada Meal? / International Students Still Trooping To The UK ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.